My husband made a comment about my weight: Advice?

And how often pray tell does he look after the baby and help around the house, so you have time to go to the gym…not often would be my guess.

If you cannot add to my confidence wtf are we doing together. Partner hypes you up, they don’t tear you apart with hurtful comments! Supposed to be a team, not enemies…

5 Likes

How digusting he even said that to you .you my girl he’s an idiot and as for comparing you to his ex he wants taking down a peg or too .tell him he’s no oil painting if he doesnt like what he’s sees someone else will .you have just had baby he should be proud of you not trying to make you feel bad bout yourself .so ignore him look in mirror and say I am beautiful .

2 Likes

He’s a prick who doesn’t deserve you, sorry but a man who loves and adores you would never compare you to his ex, leave his ass cause sweet heart it’s only going to get worse, you have just carried his child now he’s taking the piss out of you get rid sorry but telling it how it is, take care of you and your baby,

Lose about 150lbs and DUMP his ass!!

Lose weight then…and by that I mean, tell him he “weighs” to much and needs to leave. What a fkn doosh.

2 Likes

What a jerk,
How dare he compare you to his ex tell him to go jump

2 Likes

I have 3 kids, 4th due in 11 weeks.
All born via c-section.
It takes me a solid 2-3 years to feel good in my body again land feel like I look “normal”

That baby hasn’t even been out as long as it was in.
Ask him where is abs are, or hair if he’s thinning… or why his teeth aren’t perfectly straight… Surely something on him isn’t perfect either.

1 Like

Throw the whole man away!! You spent 9+ months gaining that way to grow and deliver a healthy baby and the first year is hard enough to figure out taking care of a baby let alone looking like his perfect ex if she’s so great then why isn’t he with her?

2 Likes

Tell him since giving birth you can’t feel his tiny penis during sex :rofl::rofl: in all serious though the female body is amazing for what it can do so be proud of yourself for growing and birthing your baby :two_hearts:

1 Like

Hes allowed to be attracted to what hes attracted to but he does NOT have the right to make negative comments about your body

2 Likes

Wow! Get rid of him ! He is the weight you need to lose first!

4 Likes

I’d smack the head off him :rofl::rofl: what a prick!

Lose 140 pounds and divorce him. Nobody that truly loves you will never make that type of comment, especially after you just had their child.

7 Likes

Baby get you a knew one!!! I had our second in December, about 6 months ago also. My ole man kisses my stomach and tells me how beautiful I am. There are good men out there!!! Find you one mama!!! :blue_heart::blue_heart:

7 Likes

What an idiot, I cannot believe he said that. He’s the weight you need to lose.

9 Likes

Throw the whole husband away.

4 Likes

You had HIS baby and he is being that negative?? Childbirth is the closest a woman comes to DEATH. So if you put on weight THEN YOU PUT ON WEIGHT. He should be loving on you and telling you how BEAUTIFUL you are and THANK YOU for having his child. And to bring up his EX?? Hell that hurt MY feelings! Your husband is an insensitive tool. Idk what he looks like but his soul is ugly af. Lose the weight for YOU.

Tell him ur ex was bigger then him

9 Likes

don’t loss wt because of him, do it if this is something. you want. No two women are the same after given birth. But will also agree with above comment,’ tell him your ex was bigger than him", then add, 'and he lasted so much longer than you "

5 Likes

Tell him not to worry about you. You don’t worry about the size of his penis to your exes being bigger. You just worked with what you got to create a mini human which will love you fat/thin for the rest of your life. Now go n sit in the corner until you can respect the woman who gave you a baby! X

1 Like

That shows that he cares about appearance
Who cares
Since when has it been a race to look like the other lady ?
And why is he even mentioning his EX?:x::x::x::x:
Dump his ass
He doesn’t deserve you
Someone who truly does love you wouldn’t compare you especially to his ex

That’s disgusting
He doesn’t have a right he wasn’t the one who gave birth

Unless he is trim as fck tell him to shove it. I’m almost 300 lbs and have guys worship me. If he wont find someone that will

1 Like

I had 6 kids, gained some weight and my husband treats me no different…

1 Like

How does he know what his ex looks like and why is he comparing you to her. Absolutely not. This is abusive and so wrong.

5 Likes

Some bodies never are the same. If he married you for that body-give him back to his ex​:frowning::frowning:

1 Like

Let his ex have him back. Hes a ex for a reason. She probably wouldnt have him back. You need to follow suit.

2 Likes

How does he even know what his ex gf is doing? I think you you bigger problems than just the comment.

5 Likes

Walk up to your husband, grab your belly and wiggle it a little at him. Tell him that if he ain’t gonna butter you up, you’ll find someone else who will grab your rolls like they’re the last piece of bread at the Texas roadhouse.

10 Likes

Your husband is a jerk my hubby has never made any comments about my weight you had his baby tell him bye or he can go back to the ex

1 Like

Takes the body a good year to heal. He’s not being nice

1 Like

So sorry :disappointed:, you made a beautiful baby, your body will be forever changed, be healthy. Be honest with your husband that he really hurt your feelings. If he doesn’t care you should prepare to move on with out him because you deserve better. You are beautifully& perfectly made by God​:heart: you are so very valuable

2 Likes

After I had my daughter and the swelling went down I actually weighed less than when I got pregnant. But that didn’t last long and I’ve gained that and some back…my husband has never made a comment about it…and knows better to not compare me to an ex. Looks and weight are going to change during your life…and if he doesn’t realize that than he has to grow up a lil bit.

2 Likes

Gee, you had a HUMAN BEING that he helped make (I assume :joy:). He’s a JERK. You don’t “move past” it. He apologizes and changes his attitude. Period.

2 Likes

No two people are the same. Try a few sit ups a day, if you can. It will help. Ask God to help you forgive him. Pray for your husband. Eat you some boiled egg whites in the morning. I eat at least 4 and it will help you lose weight slowly and give you energy. Cucumbers do too. You are not the only wife this has happened to, i promise you that. You will get past this when you lose it. You can do this Mama. He should have not said that. Husbands want kids, but they dont realize it changes our bodies.

1 Like

I’m not normally violent, but a throat punch seems legit here.

13 Likes

Every women’s body is different after pregnancy I’m not the same size as I was after my two boys but that’s expected to happen for fucks sake you carried a baby! Your husband has a lot of growing up to do and I would let him know so, because when you look at your body you should see a goddess see something beautiful, you create life. Don’t allow anyone to make you feel self conscious there is nothing wrong about the way your look 

Ohh yea I would have probably kicked him in his nads .

Ewwwww if he’s got the balls to say that shit to your face - imagine the shit he says behind your back. Yuck as behaviour know your worth!

He’s an asshole for making you feel that way

a) why is he still keeping track of his ex? b) does he have any first hand experience in shoving a kid out the box? and c) has he remained perfectly the same? You should put him on kid duty and say you’re going to the gym-- but get Dairy queen and sit in the quiet in your car. eff that noise.

9 Likes

Again, another stupid question

Unless he has a massive penis he shouldn’t be talking.

Hunny don’t move past that. He should NOT have said that. You made a beautiful baby and he should understand that your body had to change for that. I’m self conscience of my body now after having kids. The stretch marks, extra weight, lose skin from twin pregnancy… qnd he keeps telling me I need to be ok with it be abuse he loves it. He knows I went thru alot qnd tells me it’s normal. You should tell him he hurt your feelings qnd talk to him about it.

Walk around naked. And tell him his thing is too small.

8 Likes

That’s so hurtful….
It doesn’t make it better or ok, but he probably didn’t even think about what he was saying. He need to know how he made you feel.

You need to sit him down and have a talk. That’s not right on any level. You just gave birth to HIS CHILD. He should have expected you to change. Having a baby is body and life altering. He needs to stop stalking his ex and pay attention to his wife and child. Just because ex lost baby weight doesn’t make her any more beautiful or better. He needs to get over her.

I bounced back from my pregnancies, but have now settled in the normal mom body. And I’m fine with that. No two people are the same!

Talk to him. Let him know that what he said hurt you. You shouldn’t have to take that!

With my son, I was unaware that certain birth control can cause you to not lose weight.

Tell him you learned from the best …him

I just got reprimanded by fb for my comment to incite violence on this post; I stand by what I said.

3 Likes

Wow, that comment def deserves some serious consequences. If he thinks his ex is so much better looking then give him the boot. She can have him. Please, please love yourself enough to never, ever take this kind of emotional abuse. I really wish we were friends cuz I’d happily kick his {insert any body part here}

2 Likes

You beat his ass and put him back in the sewer where he belongs.

It’s easy for a guy to assume things when his mother didn’t teach him any better.:grin: Second I had 4 kids I’m tiny too but my last son I gained weight and crop tops weren’t my friend for awhile about 2 years but I’m 47 now not 22, my kids are grown,my ex well,he’s still sorry because I’m not his anymore.baby fat doesn’t last.

Fuck that!!! Omg I’d be livid and ya why is he keeping track of his ex? thats gross☹️

Lose yourself another 200 pounds dumping him

15 Likes

You don’t have to move past it, you just have to move alo f without him

Tell him. Im sure he is not the same looking as when yall dated. Make ot known how you felt.

Tell him his dick is small

How does he know so much about his Ex? Maybe he’s her babies daddy?
I’d be asking questions & telling him his comments are hurtful.
Maybe put him baby duty taking care of his baby and then you can have mommy time hitting the gym.
Jmo

1 Like

I recently started going to the gym and my body is changing. I’m 41. I thought I was to old for that to happen. It’s been 2 weeks and my waist is back.

1 Like

Tell him he is not the same either… older and not wiser.

1 Like

l get paid over $187 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18551 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome935.pages.dev/

My first question is why he is keeping tabs on his ex?

6 Likes

Every woman and every pregnancy is different with my fist I gained 50 or so pounds it took me years to even lose 30 of it. With my second I lost it all in a month. I still am trying to lose the 20 pounds from my first who is five. He should not have said that to you because it’s already hard enough for us to accept our own bodies. You need to sit him down and have a conversation about it. I am sure he thinks because his ex did it you can but sometimes it’s not that easy and every one’s body is different has different pregnancies.

Don’t move past shit dump the loser ur better then that

Throw him away. What a piece of crap

1 Like

He’s not much of a man much less a husband lose him

I was just like you but I gained 60 pounds and went to 190. I was only able to get down to 170. I went on Jenny Craig and lost the weight.

I know this must have been incredibly painful for you to hear and is was not ok for him to say that. But speaking honestly, there are a lot of men and even women who don’t understand 1. The ignorance in that thinking and the pressure they put on new moms when they should be focused on their new baby and adjusting. 2.) they don’t realize the hurt and damage they are causing.
My honest opinion would be to sit down with out the kids, be vulnerable and honest about how this made you feel and also point out that he is older and his looks have and will continue to change. Love isn’t about appearance. And if that is a concern of his then perhaps therapy

1 Like

He is just an asshole.

I’m sorry, Lorena ! Lorena bobbit ! :loud_sound: please come to the front desk ! Your services are needed.
Thank you !

This is NOT ok! This is a :triangular_flag_on_post: RUN but before you do put that little bitch in his place.

1 Like

Tell him he can go there. Also that you can lose weight but hell always be a loser.

1 Like

You ask him why he doesn’t look like Jason Mamoa, tell him if he likes his ex’s body so much he can go be with her and then rock the crop top!

Don’t let anyone take your self confidence! It doesn’t matter what their relationship to you is!

Every woman’s body is different and every woman’s body recovers differently from pregnancy. I gained 120lbs with my twins and it took me YEARS to get halfway back to the body I had before I got pregnant with them. You just gave this man a child. Your body will never be the same again. Tell him that he can love you for who you are and how you are or he can kick rocks!

5 Likes

I think we are all anxiously awaiting for you to post a picture of your perfect husband. I am not sure that I have ever seen male perfection so since you evidently married a God - please share him with all of us. :wink: And then kindly tell him to go eff off :v: Also, did he grow a human? Yep, didn’t think so. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

My how shallow he is! He obviously doesn’t have the charismatic gift of gab either. This man’s character is beneath a response. If you were selling his brains you could advertise them as never been used. SMH!!:laughing:

5 Likes

Id say either lose the weight or lose the man. :woman_shrugging: both are great choices to help you feel better. But I couldn’t imagine mine comparing me to another woman :cry:

Throw the whole man away.

3 Likes

You won’t unless u work at it. He obviously does not respect you

1 Like

Tell him he’ll have to wake up with the baby every morning because you’ll be hitting the gym early. And sense he’s up early with the baby you expect a healthy breakfast prepared when you get back. :blush:

12 Likes

I had a husband like that! He would always make comments abt the way I looked. Had a Husband. Stop him now, tell him your not having it. It will get worse if u don’t stop it now

3 Likes

Throw the whole man away an get a new one.

3 Likes

Make fun of his small dick. :smirk:

It takes a while to get back to pre-baby weight and that’s if you ever do. Many women don’t. It took 9 months for you to go from 130 to 180. The baby plus placenta and additional blood volume only accounts for about 25 lbs. The rest is fat and can be dealt with over time.
If YOU want to lose the weight, talk to a nutritionist and get a handle on your eating. Not just how much, but also what are you eating? Avoid empty calories that leave you hungry an hour later. If you are breastfeeding, eating a healthy diet and feeding your baby will help the weight come off quicker. If you are not breastfeeding, then it will take more restraint.
So far as your husband goes, if he made this comment without you asking for his feedback, remind him that you grew a human and until he is capable of doing the same, hw can kindly STFU.

I’ve noticed a pattern in this group: Women often asking, “How do I get past…?”

Why do we put it on ourselves?

If the weight is a * health * concern, discuss it with your doctor. If the weight is causing joint pain, other mobility issues, or YOU don’t like it, discuss it with your doctor.

Pregnancy messes up the body. It drains mothers of nutrients and floods her with hormones. Much of this continues while she’s nursing. It’s not your job to look a certain way for your husband. Bodies change with age, after pregnancy, etc.

In other words, the real question is how do you tell him to shut up and get over it. A couples counselor would probably shut him up. They would also be helpful in determining if there’s something underneath all this and how to address it. How’s your marriage since giving birth? Are you feeling connected or distant, etc.

Dump his ass you’ll lose over a hundred pounds!

Some women lose it faster than others

I would sit him down and have a serious conversation about what he said and how it made you feel. Either hehas no clue how hurtful it was and will apologize or the writing will be in the wall for who you really married.

I’ve not 100% bounced back either and my girl is 3… I developed a cookie addiction when I was nursing lol. My partner has never once made a comment and supports me when I do try healthy eating and will regularly cook if I’ve had an overwhelming day.
I did find going for long walks with the baby helped me shift some, you will get there! Unfortunately sleep deprivation with a baby releases stress hormones which makes losing weight a bit harder.
If he can’t support you then I would be telling him to go back to his ex if he’s still keeping tabs on her. He sounds shallow and this behaviour is a massive red flag.

Tell him to if hes so superficial & only cares about how you look then he can go to his ex. Pack your stuff & leave. He needs to out you down to feel good about himself. Don’t waste any more time with him. Love yourself for who you are.

1 Like

Well damn I’d cheat on him he’s an insensitive asshole

Move out. Find someone who will love every jiggle.

1 Like

Hes so rude to you, an that needs to stop…I gained alot with my first, I think I was over 180…but I just worked at it, an eventually it came off…some of us have to work at it, if we aren’t comfortable in our body’s after birth…breastfeeding helped me shed those pounds faster…lol. I loved doing it for my baby knowing she was eating good. But breastfeeding was so painful for me…I lasted 3 to 4 months n than began to wean her off n switch to bottle.

I have 2 kids it goes Away but who cares now that he acted a fool my sis never bounced back

I am 210 lbs and wear crop tops and whatever I want! Like the other woman said you can lose the weight but he’ll always be a loser…

2 Likes

l get paid over $187 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18551 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingincome963.pages.dev/

You don’t. You pack your shit and say bye.

A sure way to stop you from being motivated to lose the weight is to make you feel discouraged like that. You need grace, support, and love…not shame. You just gave him a child, and losing weight can be harder for some than others. You need to have a serious conversation with him about how wrong he was to say those things and how you won’t stand for being put down or compared. I’d say if he doesn’t understand and seem remorseful, then you’re better off without him.

Discuss your ex’s bigger duck

14 Likes

He’s an asshole!! F him

You made it obvious that 90% of you failed in your relationship. Y’all here telling her to lose him. You guys are no marriage therapist or counselor or certified at any of those fields. More than half of you are single you expect her to take advice from people that can’t even handle their own marriage but you want to sit there and bump your gums and tell hurt to leave him not talking about the expert. When you get married you become one If you have a problem with your spouse you let them know. If you get offended by it then you need to go see professional help. You guys are giving her the wrong advice. You want her to leave him because he’s a jerk oh whoop-dee-doo. You guys are Karen’s once a month. Including my wife and I tell her that because we are open and honest with each other. And if you can’t be honest with your partner you don’t need to be with them You’re the problem.

5 Likes