My husband made an instagram account behind my back: Advice?

The Military has, quite sadly, an extremely high divorce. My ex got caught up in tail hook a number of years ago.

It is just awful being divorced but it is much better worrying about what STD he will bring home.

Get a good lawyer. If you don’t have the money, reach out to legal aid. Save as much money as you can while he is away or at least pay off as many bills as you can while he’s away. Have your lawyer draw up the Marital Separation Agreement where you receive child support directly from his pay. Do not back down on this. Unless you’ve been married 10 years, you won’t qualify for benefits such as healthcare but you can request base privileges and healthcare for your child until your child no longer qualifies due to age or marriage.

Stop communicating with your husband except to send updated photos of your one-year old. Send your spouse photos of your child a couple of times a week. If your spouse notices you aren’t giving him updates about yourself, let him reach out to you.

I literally struggled to the point of depression during my divorce but part of that was Tail Hook, how the Navy investigated that and other incidences that happened concurrently (my ex was in Las Vegas at that time with an enlisted who was also married) and that everyone knew. Even people at my work heard about it. Even clients where I worked told the story to me not realising that I was the wife they were talking about. I am sharing this because people will talk. People will blame you. You may lose military wife friends. Keep your chin up. Your husband’s unfaithfulness is not your fault. This is issue rampant in military families and particularly during deployments. If you need to talk to someone, use your medical and go and get counselling sessions. Please: Don’t put this off.

Get up to date on dental and all of your other medical care. Part of the divorce process can mean that you don’t care for yourself as you should. Make appointments and keep them. Take your child to the park. Take your child for daily walks. Don’t let your life fall apart.

Can you move in with family? Being around others during this time can be helpful.

Don’t make the mistake of getting into any romantic relationships during this time. You should give yourself two years to heal. Keep all aspects of your life above board so that there are no custody issues. If there are baby and me classes, or yoga in the park classes, join up. If you haven’t been to a house of worship for a while, get back to it.

Your last comment/question about working: I went back to school. I knew my job wasn’t enough to support my children. There are online classes you can take. There are places that offer childcare. You may qualify for a pre-school program for your child. Check those out because there is a waiting list. You need to figure out what you enjoy doing and use the time until your husband returns to go to school and get the training you need for the career you’d like to have.

Take care of yourself. It is no fun but there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Sending hugs and blessings to you.

19 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this Mama. People suck! Please leave him when you can. You and your baby deserve better. Hugs :heart:

Well maybe you should tell him that you have a new Instagram too

Divorce him, get child support. Start dating.

3 Likes

Infidelity is HIGHLY prohibited in the military! Document everything && take it to his superiors! Depending on where you are they can even help you leave and find help for you and your child because it’s on their soldier

15 Likes

they can’t be naked instagram won’t allow nudity

It’s not easy but any means, but it is possible, I stayed for a long time bc I didn’t think I could do it alone, but realized I already basically was the whole time. You got this momma, go live your best life with your son!

3 Likes

Mama this is NOT your fault. None of this is your fault. He made the choice to do things that hurt you, that’s on him. I’m sorry you’re going through this.

If you decide to leave and you have close friends and family, lean on them and know that you got this no matter how limited your resume is. You’re already doing the child rearing on your own and that’s the hardest part! He will be responsible for half of everything with your son so you won’t be doing all of the financial alone!

4 Likes

You are parenting RIGHT NOW ALONE… you got this

10 Likes

Again? That’s too many heartbreaks on one person. File for child support and let him be single. He’s trying to manipulate and punish you for his wrong doing. That’s a narcissist red flag :triangular_flag_on_post:. Run :running_woman:t4::dash:

13 Likes

Open one under a different name and talk to him, see what he does but dont let him know its you. That’s what I would have done. And move his belongings to the garage.

3 Likes

They do it all the time. I married a 21 yr vet. Thank God I didn’t have to deal with that. But his stories are horrible of what they do to their supporters aka wife, back home

1 Like

It’s not you. It’s him.

2 Likes

Document and take it to his high ups. The military does not play with that. They will take care of you if you divorce. Don’t put up with that, I did and it got me no where but with more kids and in debt when I finally decided I’d had enough.

6 Likes

I would leave!! I didn’t go to college and have a great job! You can do it alone. In the beginning it wasn’t easy I worked 2-3 jobs to make ends meet. But never stay with a man who clearly doesn’t love you or respect you or your family.

1 Like

Dump him and do life with you and your child. The right one will come along.

You’re already doing it all alone so just cut the dead weight and leave him.

4 Likes

Honey pick up your crown :crown: and move along. You are doing it now alone and you don’t need that. I know it’s hard been there and stayed for the same reason only to get hurt more . If you ever need any one to talk to message me

4 Likes

Crying about it here won’t help ur home life , you are entertainment to these people and nothing more they could not care less if you find a resolve to your woes or not !they only wanna argue with you and each other about u and ur situation ! Just keeping it :100:

1 Like

My husband does this but he’s addicted to chat apps and sexting girls he don’t know. He works on the road and home 1 week and when he gets caught he stops and starts back up again when we go with him he even does it I’m like seriously am I not good enough I have caught him numerous of times over a 5 year radious and just caught him doing it again the night before last and I gave him another chance. I wish I could help you but I’m in the same boat

I was a single parent for 7 yrs after my husband got another girl pregnant. I never received support, back in the 70s they didn’t go after dead beat dad’s. I worked 2 jobs. Hired sitters for my second shift job. My sister watched them during the day and I paid her. It wasn’t easy but I did it. My kids were 13 months and 1 month when I divorced him.

1 Like

Family or great friends can help. Sometimes single mom can help each other out also.

Im here to also say. Go to the higher ups. Him being in the military almost basically means his wife has infedelity insurance… They do not take kindly, and although i have never been in this situation, i have heard many stories of this but theu will help you.

10 Likes

Your already parenting along mamas. Straighted that crown and serve his sorry POS a$$ with divorce papers.

Once is enough. You deserve better. Cut him off completely. You are already parenting and doing everything else alone. You got this. Trust me. I lived it.

1 Like

Don’t know what you are waiting for. Get a job if you don’t have one and no on with your life!

1 Like

You already know the answer so stop delaying. He’s deployed so you have the time to get your resources in order before he gets home.
Start saving money
Speak to an attorney
Have a plan
Stop stressing a man who doesn’t respect you

You’ve got this Mama. You deserve better. You already know this. Let him do his shit and you don’t question anything. Take your screenshots and be on stealth mode. Don’t reach out to him. Let him make the effort or not.

Girl you can do this and you got this. If he’s done it before he’s going to do it again leave his ass

Stay n better your life once your life is better aka finish college start your career then leave his cheating butt

Don’t let him control the situation. You didn’t allow this to happen. You just love someone and trusted in someone. Sorry he is doing this.

I’ve heard stories where men actually get their rank demoted for cheating… take it to his higher ups

6 Likes

I’m literally still trying to figure it out. Day by day. My best friend babysits so I can work . Idk what I’d do if I didn’t have her. It’s definitely hard. I’d suggest save money before you leave and have a plan and stick to it.

2 Likes

I’d leave him. That is not ok.

1 Like

Also seems like you already are parenting alone if he’s away! You can do it

1 Like

I went through that for like 16 years I finally left . They don’t change and it just gets worse .
I started out working at motel doing house keeping from 8am-12 noon
Front desk from 8pm-8am done what I had to do at the same motel . And was able to take my kids to wrk with me thank Goodness
Then I went into whole watch fire watch for welders working 5am-5pm then done front desk from 6pm-12am

Military won’t do anything about someone cheating I talked to a few people and my husband’s commander and was told sorry can’t do anything

go to school and bartend part time! throw the whole man away

1 Like

You can go to his superiors, with that being said it’s not like 20-30+ years ago. A lot of the superiors no longer care or are also cheaters. 90% of them are unfaithful. Some do take it seriously so maybe you’ll get lucky and find one to be able to help you. Your husband is deployed, I’d use this time to get yourself together. Look for resources, work, maybe some quick courses to get yourself an okay job. You don’t deserve to go through this, you have some time while he’s deployed to get everything ready so you can serve him with divorce papers when he’s back.

10 Likes

You already know u have to leave him he doesn’t care about you and shows it. Respect yourself and value yourself.

1 Like

Oh he is trying to do more than talk with these girls
He us trying to get some action
And he has the nerve to get mad at you shows he has no respect for you especiallu ignoring you
Its your choice do you keep letting it slide because he isnt asking for forgiveness
And he doesnt love you enough to change…so you can keep ignoring his behavior and let it slide everytime or get the courage to to do what makes you feel happy
Do you have family around or close by for support
If you do i would be calling on them to help you out
If you dont have any family you can count on
Go and look for an apartment in the next city or wherever
Take enough money out the account for rent and damage deposit
Apply for social assistance
Do you have anywhere you can move too
Screenshot his account for proof
And plan to leave just before he is due to come home
Dont talk to him anymore about his account just let him think you are over it
You have forgiven him already and he has proven he doesnt love you enough to change
So leave and be happy you deserve so much better
Good luck sweetie

Leave him. Catholic Charities will help you with daycare if you go to school. Nursing programs are two years and there are always jobs for nurses.
If that’s not of interest to you, find something that is.
You can do this, and you can be happy too!

2 Likes

You’re already doing it, girl! Trust yourself. You can do this!

1 Like

You just do. Once you decide, you’ll figure it out.

Make your own account… under a different name. Invite him as a friend !! Then tell everybody he’s a cheater. Then kick him to the curb and find somebody who will love & respect you. DON’T SETTLE !!!

What a Jackass!! :rage:kick his ass to the curb!! You deserve better :ok_hand:

Look for childcare and look for work. You have to have the “I can do this on my own attitude “ and commit. But once you’re on your own, taking care of your child and not relying on anyone, it will be so liberating.

He’s deployed … first mistake right there :woman_shrugging:t2::rofl:

Once a liar and a cheater always a dirty scum bag! Get rid an when he comes begging for you back. Stay strong and say no!

I joined the military. There are a lot of opportunities for single moms!