My husband of 20 years told me he got his own place: Advice?

Best to check him out and reason for split. Something is not right for your safety.

4 Likes

You need to learn to communicate with each other instead of others. Suggest couples therapy to him. Twenty years of marriage is a long time to just walk away from. I would suggest counseling and if he refuses, then you know where your marriage stands

3 Likes

Very Strange. Sounds like an agenda. Easy way out once you have your own place!! So very sorry for you.

8 Likes

Iā€™m sorry that youā€™re going through this and wish you all the best. The Communication issue you thought had gotten better hasnā€™t. It sounds like itā€™s time for couples and individual consulting. But as mentioned above get your finances in order and hope for the best but be prepared for the worse.

1 Like

If he acquired this apartment and youā€™re married isnā€™t it also considered yours?
Iā€™d check and see if you can get a key and access!

Iā€™m sorry this is hurtful.
I hope the best for you.

10 Likes

Clearly he checked out if he got another place. Donā€™t use his dad as an excuse for his actions. You 100% he isnā€™t seeing someone else? This is a drastic move.

14 Likes

Donā€™t jump to conclusions. Heā€™s never given you a reason to doubt him before so donā€™t listen to that. maybe heā€™s going through something within himself and doesnā€™t know how to fix it yet. What doesnā€™t come out in the wash, will come out in the rinse. Good luck to you both

2 Likes

Red flag. Talk to a lawyer and file for divorce. 25 min is not far. Red flags girl. Get rid of him

12 Likes

I just got paid $7789 working off my laptop this month. And if you think thatā€™s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 12038 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I doā€¦ https://dollarnetcash1001.pages.dev/

3 Likes

My joy knows no bound right now,Mrs Lisa Jennifer has really been so kind to me and everyone out there she also helps, and i know how it feels to help people. With my investment start up capital plan I earned my desired amount after 5 days. And right now my finance is back on track and I can now afford the car i have been hoping to buy all thanks to my
Bitcoin account manager
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

3 Likes

If he moved out then u need to move on

8 Likes

How i got profits was very safe. looking at my past with other traders it wasnā€™t easy especially on my financial level. I just have to say the trader i will recommend to others is this Mrs Lisa jennifer, who i have gained from after investing. I will urge more people to do this because it has benefited me so such.
Click on the like below.

If red flags were a person ā€¦

4 Likes

I never believe it can come out this way so far with my manager Mrs Lisa Jennifer,I just want to use this medium to say thank you for all your good knowledge of management I personally receive my Cash out yesterday , Iā€™m so much grateful for adding much value to my account yesterday maā€™am ā€¦you can reach her via

So much bad advice here. Give him his space. You guys love eachother? He probably has some stuff heā€™s going through. Give him space when he contacts you love him like before. If he stops calling donā€™t call back. It takes time. ā€œGet a lawyerā€ advice is pre mature

3 Likes

Love yourself more :bouquet::people_hugging:

7 Likes

Sounds like he is trying to leave but maybe slowly

9 Likes

He already has a life putside and put everything in place to be at this point. His intentions are clear but itā€™s up to you to see it for what it is. Accept it and move on! Dont uave hope while heā€™s living his life. Me: I would already have my peoples watching his movesā€¦ is a whole Undercover investigation will start and I will gather thr proof needed to ensure my divorce runs smoothly but thatā€™s just me!

6 Likes

My boss did this to his wife. It turns out he and our office manager were having a long running affair. They would be late for the morning appointments, afternoon appointments after lunch while they were sneaking off to the house they rented behind their spousesā€™ backs. It was disaster for our office and for the wife and kids of course/husband. We had to hear all about it. Their pastor came in our office. She was fired and lost her husband. It was a fricking mess. Run to a lawyer immediately. Protect your financial assets and your house.

17 Likes

You. Need to leave the dictator. Thereā€™s another woman in the picture

12 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to say but he is having a affair

11 Likes

I know a couple of couples who live separately, but their marriage is even stronger than it was when they lived together. But you need to get him to communicate and be honest with you to find out what his intentions are and what he wants. Maybe heā€™s just going through some shit and needs space. I WISH I had the option to have my own place that I could run off to for the weeks my bipolar downs take the life out of me.

It sounds like someone else is there for himā€¦ unfortunately

13 Likes

File for divorce, then find a younger hotter man and FLAUNT :clap: HIM :clap:

7 Likes

Sorry his step dad isnā€™t doing well but thatā€™s where you come in for supportā€¦sorry I think thatā€™s an excuse

6 Likes

I think it may be more than his ā€œ step dad ā€œ
Sounds like heā€™s stepping out .

18 Likes

First of all stop with trying to make excuses for him. He probably does love you, that just doesnā€™t disappear, but sounds like heā€™s not ā€œin loveā€ with you anymore and there is a difference. You canā€™t make someone love you. As tough as it may be to swallow, heā€™s made his decision so itā€™s time for you to move on too. Now you can sit around and do the woulda, shoulda, coulda thing and drive yourself nuts or you can put on your big girl panties and do you. He made his decision :woman_shrugging:t3:

11 Likes

Forget the step-dad ā€œtough timeā€ bullshit excuse!!! Itā€™s called a midlife crisis and a younger woman with lots of estrogen!!! If he really needed space he wouldā€™ve told you before getting hand so you wouldnā€™t be blindsided. Get a consult with an attorney who specializes in family and divorce for some legal adviceā€¦

Take care of yourself. Find a therapist to talk to.
If he wants ā€œspaceā€, give it to him.
But do not sit around waiting for him to call.
Go out with friends. If you donā€™t have any, join a gym, exercise or dance class and make some.
Develop and invest in YOURSELF. Pursue a hobby, volunteer, or take a class at the community college.
And when and if he does start calling and wanting to come back around, DONā€™T reconcile right away or nothing will have changed or been resolved.
Perhaps go to marriage counselling together and give that a good 6 months trial FIRST.
Actually first, you might want to consult a lawyer, make an accounting of all your assetts, and move half your liquid cash into a separate account.
Should you guys reconcile, you can always merge it back. But itā€™s better to make yourself safe and financially secure, than sorry.

10 Likes

We as wives need to stop making excuses for our husbands when they do this trifling mess, Iā€™m sure in the 20 years youā€™ve been together you didnā€™t go get your own placeā€¦. So obviously he has moved on Sis and Iā€™m so sorry but maybe you need to put YOU FIRST this time.

14 Likes

Donā€™t always assume the worst. Try sitting down with him and taking to him about this. Look him dead in the eye and be like be honest with me about the situation . Why did you feel as though you had to go and do this. If he canā€™t give you a straight answer or be honest with you then tell him ā€œdonā€™t let the door hit ya where the good lord split yaā€ Best of luck. Hope things work out.

1 Like

Why would you push to get back together with someone who left you? He doesnā€™t want you. Move on.

5 Likes

My ex was the same exact way he ended up getting a place for his men. He may not be with a female he might be with a man :joy::joy::joy:ļæ¼

7 Likes

He cheating on you and needs a place close to work so he can bone the bitch. Sorry to be so straight out with you but I think you need to see things for what it is.

I suggest moving on, he likely isnā€™t gonna be with you. He got all his ducks in a row before telling you. That means he has thought hard and made up his mind. Sorry this is happening. It probably has very little, if anything, to do with his stepdad either.

8 Likes

Divorce, he is cheating

8 Likes

Tell him good riddance

2 Likes

Leave his sorry ass and stop making excuses for his cheating behavior. Open your eyes.

Sounds like he has had this planned out for awhile unfortunately and has already moved on. I would tell him he needs to get out now even if his place is not ready yet he can go stay in a hotel. Obviously he does not love or respect you anymore if he can just move on like that without even talking to you. File for a divorce and child support asap. You deserve better.

7 Likes

It sounds like youā€™re making excuses for him. Stop doing that. Heā€™s telling you that you arenā€™t important to him (with his actions). Heā€™s going to walk all over you as long as you let him.

13 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but it sounds like someone else is helping him through this.

16 Likes

Is he giving you a key?

3 Likes

I make over $150 an hour working from home. I never thought Iā€™d be able to do this, but my colleague makes over $13,980 a month doing it, and he convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities with this are endless.

SEE MORE HEREā€¦>> https://homejob127.pages.dev

Gosh, if it was me , I would get a legal representative. This situation has red flags that shouldnā€™t be there, not if heā€™s being honest and trustworthy with you.

7 Likes

Heā€™s CHEATING sis, why else does he need his own place??? File for a DIVORCE

15 Likes

This is not adding up for me. Lots of red flags. 25 mins away and he needs something closer? Something more is going on hereā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™d walk in that new place of his, because guess what? Youā€™re married! Itā€™s yours too! Iā€™d be like ā€œsooo, how we gonna decorate this? Maybe put a gallow here, a torcher chamber there. Yes, this will be an awesome place for your body to be discovered.ā€ :unamused:

Girl, if you want it to work then put your foot down. If he doesnā€™t like it, then go straight to your nearest courthouse and file for a divorce. If youā€™re not working (depending on the state in which you live) get his ass for alimony.

You know as well as he does that this isnā€™t how a marriage works. Itā€™s time for you to tell him how itā€™s gonna be, not the other way around.

Heā€™s already left. You are the only person left in this relationship.

10 Likes

empty the bank accounts before he does. give him a surprise visit and you can find out the truth

15 Likes

If he just went out and got him an apartment without you knowing then he must have some money on the side that you didnā€™t know about as well to do this so he is hiding multiple things from you. If he wanted to leave you why he wouldnā€™t have a talk with you about it I mean he did you dirty you deserve better than that totally.

7 Likes

I would pack his s#-& up in a box and change the locks!!!

5 Likes

You need to get yourself legally protected, get tested, get a therapist. You got this! Take all of you financial documents and personal documents and put them in a safe place outside of the home. If he decides to come back at some point donā€™t do it. He needs to earn this relationship back after he tanked it.

3 Likes

My ex partner did this 6 months later I found out he was cheating

1 Like

He has moved on. You file for divorce before he does and take him for what he is worth before he leaves you high and dry. he definitely has someone else.

7 Likes

Wake upā€¦ He has someone else.

4 Likes

Obviously heā€™s had a plan and set it in motion long ago

6 Likes

Sounds to me like a midlife crisis. Either he has someone else or heā€™s looking for a new adventure. Men too go thru menopause. Maybe a little couple therapy would help. So you are going thru that. You must feel betrayed and hurt. Talk to him about it. Yā€™all need to learn to communicate. Now. Before itā€™s too late. Who knows. It may be already.

6 Likes

If he got an apartment, itā€™s obvious thereā€™s a woman in the background somewhere or he just wants to live a life as a bachelor.

17 Likes

So many red flag, I would just leave and be done with it.

7 Likes

Iā€™d see a lawyer. Huge red flags for me! Done this without telling you, high possibility heā€™s cheating

8 Likes

The one he been talking to about yā€™all relationship is the one heā€™s w/! Js

5 Likes

I gave up almost 10 years being in a similar situation minus the step dad issue. Definitely put yourself first and understand that love isnā€™t always all you need. It seems heā€™s mentally checked out and now well, physically also. *Hugs

3 Likes

He is telling you that heā€™s done with marriage. He has met someone, he thinks the grass is greener on the other side. Little does he know that itā€™s not! Sorry for him. He doesnā€™t realize it is a trap. Get yourself together , and go on with your life. Find someone that worships you

26 Likes

You need to find yourself a lawyer and get to filing for divorce and custody of children. He has someone else and is creating a barrier between you and him so he can do as he wishes. The only time this works is if the couple lives in both sides of a duplex or literally right next to each other bc it is done but done in the sense that your partner is only a couple steps away.

8 Likes

Let him go!! Literally.

7 Likes

Dont be stupid! He has someine else!

11 Likes

ā€¦.Iā€™m so aggravated seeing the same post with minimal differences.

• why are you allowing anyone to treat you like a doormat?
  • why havenā€™t you done anything about his lack of communication?

Either way: wise up. He had a plan in place and has been discussing leaving you with whomever else heā€™s talking to which is most likely someone heā€™s sleeping with. If heā€™s found a new place then you need to realize a few things and get on the ball tonsecueinf your independence:

1. He didnā€™t give 2 :fox_face: about you if he did this behind your back.
  2. He didnā€™t care enough about his children to have adult conversations about how this would affect them before now.
  3. Heā€™s most likely cheating on you and have been for a bit.
  4. You need to go file for custody and support immediately on the grounds of abandonment if heā€™s moving out.
  5. Hire a lawyer immediately to help you get everything straightened out.
  6. Set up therapy for you immediately. Not only to help you process what a dirtbag he is for throwing this in your face like this but for his previous controlling behavior. Oh and to help you realize YOU DESERVE better than to be treated like trash like this.

Im going to say this. Please stop accepting love as a mitigating factor to disrespectful, selfish and a$$hole behaviors.

Get a lawyer. File for divorce now, donā€™t wait. He definitely has someone else and this is a BIG sign/red flag NOT to ignore.

12 Likes

Heā€™s got a girlfriend and wants you out of the way to see if itā€™s going to going to work with her. And if it doesnā€™t he still has you waiting for him as a 2nd option.

21 Likes

Let him go. I was married for almost 30 yrsā€¦ he took off for Florida- secretly had bought a trailer. Was served with divorce papers before he got in the road!

8 Likes

Heā€™s making sure his other relationship works out first. Get rid of him.

19 Likes

A man doesnā€™t go to this extent without a motive. Donā€™t be blindsided again, take care of you and your children. Take the steps you need to put you and your children first. Best wishes.

14 Likes

Love him enough to let him go. Apparently he has made his decision.

6 Likes

Bullshit heā€™s got a new woman trust me been there get a lawyer now serve him with papers

There is no more ā€œhadā€ with any problems. The problems are currently getting ready to wreck your world. Get your plan together sis YESTERDAY!!!:heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Nah he is wanting his own place so he can live single or play house with someone else. Divorce him.

12 Likes

Be patient. Go to counseling for you Ask him to tell you about it not direct ask
Also about his step dad

He already said he wants to be alone. Maybe heā€™s trying to let you down softly because he cares still and doesnā€™t want to hurt you but maybe heā€™s grown out of love with you. Iā€™m sorry thatā€™s just my view. Good luck . Put yourself first this time

2 Likes

Heā€™s met someone else, let him go and call a lawyer.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s sad Iā€™m so sorry ur going threw this 20 yrs is a long time to just get up and walk away from
Maybe he just needed time and space to figure out what happening to him try and stay positive hopefully heā€™s not cheating prayers sent ur way :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

2 Likes

Every marriage have problems but you donā€™t go and have a place of your own so they can have some space. Thatā€™s a no no. Heā€™s been planning that for awhile, i hate divorce but that is his way of saying heā€™s done. And he is already have someone else comforting him at his new place . Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through this . Sending prayers and hugs for you

9 Likes

Lady open your eyes. Get to a lawyer and protect yourself. He got another place without telling you. He doesnā€™t want to be with you.

9 Likes

Going through anything does not give someone the right away to get a whole other house without his family. He ainā€™t doing nothing but playing up.

7 Likes

Heā€™s seeing someone else

15 Likes

First, know that there is a HUGE difference between someone loving you and someone being in love with you.

Sounds like your husband loves you. I mean after 20 years, loving somebody can come naturally.

The sad thing, your husband isnā€™t IN LOVE with you, because if he was, he wouldnā€™t be moving out.

The best advice I can suggest is to get a lawyer. Be sure you have all your ducks in a row and file for a divorce.

Find yourself a good therapist. Being abandoned can leave you feeling worthless. You need to re find yourself and find your worth.

Get up, brush yourself off and look into the future with a clear mind.

You can do this!!

Be at peace with all your decisions.

7 Likes

Nope. You really DONā€™T love somebody who abandoned you and your family. You are hurt, betrayed, disrespected & blindsided. Get a LAWYER ASAPā€¦ Then prepare to start your life over. So sad.

4 Likes

Help me understandā€¦ he said ā€œI got another placeā€ and you just said ā€œokayā€ā€¦ idk about anyone else here but my husband tells me heā€™s rented another place, you better believe that my inner Jessica fletcher will coming out. That man would not even be able to sneeze without me knowing it.

11 Likes

Heā€™s got his own place so he can live like heā€™s single, seems bit sad that you make excuses for his behaviour

6 Likes

I would get a lawyer sorry but what heā€™s doing is a no probably the biggest red flag :woman_shrugging:t3: donā€™t put yourself through this pain and save yourself now befor itā€™s to deep and you walk out with nothing

3 Likes

Time to move on it will get better once you accept this sorry to say

1 Like

Most me. Can not live on there own without help from women like there mom so he will change is mind everyone had struggles but work through them take my advice I tried but walked away from abusive physical and mentally for my own health you have do whatā€™s best for you

Hes got someone else

6 Likes

He has somebody else

3 Likes

Get out nowwwwā€¦ Self love is the best love & respect we can give to ourselves. He has another life love.

2 Likes

Heā€™s been cheating n wants more freedom to see his side chick or talk to her. Trust me men donā€™t do random shit like this unless they r having interactions with someone else . Good luck to u.

and you believe thisā€¦ see who he has on the side or who is living with him part time, after that see a lawyer because he is taking you for a ride

2 Likes

If my husband said he got another place to live Karen would definitely be coming out to help him take his keys off the key chain and before he walked out out the door he would have a rolling pin upside his head just to make sure that he isnā€™t dreaming cause he isnā€™t going to walk back through that door when ever he feels like it

3 Likes

Heā€™s in love with someone else. Check your bank accounts & get a lawyer asap

1 Like

He had it planned for awhile. No one just gets a place of their own overnight. He went through the routine to not throw you off and make it more difficult between yā€™all. He either really needs space because of everything youā€™re not telling us or heā€™s met someone else

3 Likes

Let him go girl. Why do we as women want to chase men?

1 Like