My husband stops at his moms house every night at work: Advice?

Ask him to cut it back to 2 or 3 days not every day and if he doesn’t then meet him there with the kids for dinner

4 Likes

I get where you are coming from and I’m sure if I were you I’d feel some type of way but I also know how important parents are. I lost my dad when I was 6 , 3 years ago my papa and mama died 2days apart and my grandma past last month so I don’t have any parents to talk to any more.

4 Likes

If she makes him happy I’d bring her home with me to stay with me :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I’m not trying to be rude but maybe he doesn’t like your cooking it’s just a thought maybe sit down and talk to him and see if there’s some kind of compromise I could understand why you would be irritated a little bit. At the same time Mom is not going to be around forever but you deserve attention and so the kids.

Look I can understand him wanting to spend time with his mother but every night is excessive when he has a family. You want to be able to sit down with your own family and have dinner together.

I personally would suggest him maybe going say 3x out of the week to spend dinner with his mum and the rest spent with his family.

He has his own family he needs to spend time with to. It’s selfish to take all that spare time he has away from his family.

11 Likes

If his mom lives alone , let it be. He maybe doing it to keep check on her. Make sure she is eating. Plan a bedtime snack with daddy .

4 Likes

Let him see his damn mom. SMH They are not around forever and how are you jealous of his mom? You’re acting as if he stops by the bar every night in his way home😢

It’s no big deal grow up it’s mom she had him first jeauls

5 Likes

I’m very surprised with these comments. Tomorrow isn’t promised to anyone (not saying he shouldn’t see his mom) but HE went off and started HIS OWN family which should be a priority over parents, siblings and friends.
I absolutely love my parents and I see my mom all the time, I take my kids over to see her but I know my husband hates coming home to an empty house so I make sure to not do it too often (I’ll make it back before he gets home) or invite him over. I was raised, once I am married my husband becomes first and I would NEVER make him feel alone as a spouse or parent :woman_shrugging:t4:
His mom should do better, because I am sure she wouldn’t have wanted to be left alone with the kids and have dinner alone.
I also like to add, that I am sorry you have so many women telling you to get over how you feel. I would be upset as well if I was in your shoes.

22 Likes

Its his mum, the woman who raised him, leave him alone

5 Likes

It’s his mum. Respect it! Most mums would die for this to happen…. Literally the best thing, for him and her and when she dies, he will have a full heart knowing how much of a good son he was… and to boot he must be a pretty decent guy… to have that intrinsic kindness and care in him… think of it this way…
you know that if you lost a leg or was dying in hospital he would do the same for you! You got a good egg chicky!
It’ll work in your favour if you support this xx :kissing_heart: plan some family time on the weekends that are quality time.
Or even go there once a w weeek with the kids and really support him and her

6 Likes

Maybe he does not like your cooking

5 Likes

I say be Proud of the Man he is because some day your Son will follow we worry about ours every day. Love Be Loved

3 Likes

She can’t be too old to cook for her grown ass son everyday…
he should be at least be including you in his plans for everyday life, esp since you have kids!!? I’d ask him if he ever plans on coming home for tea like a normal person straight up coz every day going there is a bit much, I feel like he’s avoiding home for some reason…or your cooking, but youd have to ask him and be prepared for somthing you might not want to hear or didn’t see coming…because like I said he’s avoiding something

Maybe y’all should start going sometimes. Make it fun.

2 Likes

This post was posted a couple months ago :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I would meet him there with the kids lol. WE ALL HAVIN DINNA TONIGHT YALL :hugs:

13 Likes

lol :joy: not you being jealous of him spending time with his mom and still making time for you , who cares that he goes there every night , it’s his mom and he still makes time for you !

2 Likes

Tell him maybe ur mom would like to see her grandkids lol come pick them up u need some u time u work on cleaning the house all day and making dinner if I was u I wouldn’t make dinner and clean that day it sounds like he really don’t want to come home

1 Like

Why don’t you start including his mother in a few of your evening meals. Go pick her up and the 3 of you have dinner a couple nights a week. You should be proud of the man he is doing this for his mom. I do understand how it can be frustrating to you. Totally get that, maybe try having her over for dinner a couple night so you can see him sooner and I bet he’d enjoy that, and she probably will too.

5 Likes

%100 those saying “to leave him alone it’s his mom”, would have a problem if their partner spent 5 nights a week having dinner at their moms snd not at home. People like to talk a big game when it’s all hypothetical to them lol

31 Likes

Mine does it a lot of the time. But she lives right downstairs and it’s not that big of a deal.

1 Like

I’am making over $127 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18307 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1152.pages.dev/

Pack up the kids and go over for dinner as well. That’s your family, be there for her too.

9 Likes

Let him have mama time ffs

4 Likes

I be happy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:that means I wouldn’t have to worry about making him dinner :laughing: but no I wouldn’t be mad it’s his mom :heart: I wish I had my mom with me but since he has his I let him cherish her while she her !! Until you lose a mom and dad you won’t ever get them back let him be with her it’s better than him being with another women

11 Likes

He needs to spend time with his children, if his mom did what he is doing when he was growing up it wouldn’t even be an issue because he wouldn’t know her enough to be comfortable spending all that alone time with her. She should be encouraging him to have some balance because she knows his kids need him . They have a dad supposedly in their lives they need to see him ,talk to him about their days and school get help with homework. It doesn’t matter so much that he lives there if they don’t feel that he is there. By the time he gets out of work spends all the time there everyday I imagine he gets home maybe in time to say goodnight. There has to be balance a happy median. My grandpa passed at 72, grandma passed at 99 I was in my 30s ( and I am far younger then my siblings)by then had my dad spent everyday with her because she was older and alone when I was growing up I never would’ve seen him as a kid. Alot of these “answers” are projecting their personal experiences w loss on to their answers no one knows this man’s mother’s age or health just because she has an adult son does not mean death is beating down her door. But we do all know children need their parents. My dad was 71 when his mom passed.

7 Likes

You don’t need any advice, that wasn’t a question, it was a statement. If there has to be an answer, its no.

2 Likes

It could be worse his mom could be living with you.

7 Likes

My husband goes by and sees his mom every day after work to make sure she’s ok or needs anything… he eats dinner with her on Fridays. I think it’s sweet. Less cooking for you. Trust me it could be worse

3 Likes

Wouldn’t you hope your children will make time for you when you’re older??? He’s a good son leave him be

10 Likes

And u may gave married a mommas boy

5 Likes

I work for a homecare agency as an aide, and a lot of my clients do not get to see their children as often as they would like, they go into depression about their mental and physical decline especially for being lonely. I think you should go and join them, I am sure gram would love that. Not only her, but the kids as well. I live 6 hours away from all of my family and I know how much it would mean for my kids to see their extended family regularly.

How about you take the kids and either meet him over there or bring his mom over to your house a few nights a week that way the whole family is involved

15 Likes

If it’s an every day thing and he’s doing it BEFORE he even checks on his own family then I would be pissed too. I’d be darned if my fiancé was at his mommas house every day while I was at home waiting for him. There’s cellphones and social media now to be able to keep up with mom so I feel that being “old” is definitely just an excuse. If he feels that he needs to be there for her more than you then I’d be questioning what place me and his kids come in his book. Some ppl are saying it’s not a big deal but it very much is… I’m sure if the roles were reversed then he would be pitching a fit too and probably would’ve already left you :face_with_spiral_eyes:

He can make a special day or 2 to have dinner with his mom and she should be way more understanding of his decision. He’s grown and has priorities back home. You sound like you definitely have yourself a mommas boy and he needs to lay off the tit :face_with_peeking_eye:

7 Likes

I don’t see nothing wrong with it but I’d tell him I’m not cooking as much because he’s not eating. His mama is gunna pass long before you. Try inviting his mom over for dinner since he’s a mamas boy and just sit down and eat. Maybe she’ll enjoy the company and you’ll get your hubby

3 Likes

or you and kids arrive at her house to all eat together take some food she would love it

3 Likes

Try marrying someone who doesn’t give a fuck about his mom next time

Funny how those little
Overlooked things in beginning- become big issues later on…

4 Likes

She could be living with you. I’m a mom to three sons however I’m smart enough to know don’t interfere with their families. I’m the one that says , “ Let me give you a break , I’ll take the kids you come but I think you need a break.”

1 Like

It’s his mother and she isn’t going to be here forever. One day when your kids are grown you’ll be in her shoes, and you’ll want your kids to come by

11 Likes

Unpopular opinion :heart: he should be coming home!! Period. It’s okay to stop by a couple times a week. It’s okay to check on his momma. He’s your husband if you are struggling because he doesn’t prioritize the family he created that’s a problem. There are many solutions here but all of them involve communication. And don’t listen to people who dismiss your feelings and say “let him have his mom time”. Nope sorry! When you’re a grown man you come home and help take care of the kids you made. There’s a difference in him going over once in a while to decompress but where’s your safe place to decompress without the kids? I suggest if he wants to continue his afterwork dinner and mom date time that as soon as he comes in the door you leave the house and go to Target, get a smoothie, or just drive to the lake and sit with a book. If it’s good for the gander it’s good for the goose!!

24 Likes

How about he come get those kids and let them visit their grandma or I’d drop them off to him and go to the gym or visit friends or sleep

10 Likes

I’d be annoyed too, but I also like that he cares for his mom. I’d drop the kids off and do my own thing a few times a week lol. Take advantage of the situation.

4 Likes

If you know the time start showing up & eat w them. I would.

10 Likes

Well you could start inviting his mom over for dinner or meeting him at his mom’s so you all can eat dinner together :woman_shrugging:t2: but whatever you do don’t try and tell him he can’t go see his mother because you probably won’t win but maybe a compromise with him like for a example he eats at his mom’s two times a week three times a week at home and have two nights that are family dinners for all of you something that could possibly please everyone maybe :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I bet he didn’t just become that close to his mom. You knew he was before you got married & had kids with him. Now you’re jealous. That’s a you problem. If you get between him & his mom he’s going to resent you when she passes.

4 Likes

Is she widowed? He is probably her only social contact or heck any contact all day.

1 Like

Advice is to leave him alone.
When you’re old and your kids are not stopping to see you, you will understand why he did.

Trust me I wish my mom was around so I could stop and see her. I see my dad almost every day. I’m so scared of losing him.

8 Likes

Lmao. He already has a mother. He doesn’t need you to act like one

7 Likes

Every day is excessive and it seems like he has some kind of issue, whether he’s way too attached to mama or he’s being passive aggressive eating her food instead of yours and making you wait as long as possible before coming home and seeing you and the kids. Or he has a girlfriend.

6 Likes

I don’t see a problem with him going to spend an hour of the day with his mother. He only has a short time left with her, he has many many years ahead with you.

6 Likes

Communication. Talk to him. Tell him you understand, but maybe a few nights he could have dinner with you, or have you meet him there. Every night is a bit unfair to you and your kids.

6 Likes

Lol that’s his mom, you have no say about that. I’ve been with my husband about 10 years and if he did that I would not be mad at all. You have no idea when his mom is going to pass, and when she does you will feel like a fool for getting mad about him visiting her.

1 Like

I’ve seen this post before in another group about 2 months ago lol. Nice try though

2 Likes

I’am making over $127 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18307 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1213.pages.dev/

I’m assuming that he didn’t start this the day after you got married, which means he did it prior to marrying him. So you knew he did it and still married him, so you really can’t complain. That’s his mother. Who knows how much time he has left with her.

Communicate with him. Start loading the kids up and meeting him there for dinner. Or suggest that he have dinner with her a couple nights a week and the other nights he come home for dinner with you and the kids and then he can go visit her after dinner. That woman’s son coming for dinner daily may be the highlight of her day.

You’re married adults. You need to communicate and compromise.

6 Likes

Am I understanding the OP that the husband is rarely making it home before the kids go to bed? I’m not opposed to mom time, but I also wonder if he’s using this to escape his responsibilities to his own children.

17 Likes

Its ridiculous, his priority should be coming home to see his own family, he should be eating dinner with his children and wife and then a few times a week.go visit her. And like others have said she could come to you or you all go there as well

6 Likes

My dad did this, and it (understandably) annoyed my mom so much. Now, though, my Grandma has been dead for over fifteen years, and my dad takes care of my mom the same way that he took care of his own mom.

4 Likes

Tell him about it. If you don’t tell a person, then they don’t know there is something wrong. Personally, I think it is awesome but I can understand where it could get too much. Open communication is key.

1 Like

If I lived near my mom I would stop and see her everyday.

5 Likes

Maybe y’all could reach a compromise.

3 Likes

Get over the jealousy. Better his mom’s than the bar!

10 Likes

Maybe he comes home in a better mood after spending a few with his mom. His way of winding down instead of going to the bars.

3 Likes

Sounds like a mama’s boy :woman_facepalming:t2:
See if you can compromise because it sounds like he values his mama more than you and your kids.

1 Like

There’s a special bond between a mother and son. Unbreakable. Although, I think you should be over there cooking dinner with and for her and the husband. You don’t work, so it shouldn’t be an impossibility. He’s obviously a good man to respect his mom like that! But! You both need your time together as a family. Your kids need that. Definitely talk. But don’t give him ultimatums, you’ll lose.

3 Likes

It’s his mom. If I lived closer to my mom I would do it. He needs downtime too.

3 Likes

Is he married to you or his mother?

2 Likes

I would be pissed. I’m very close with my parents… But he himself is a parent and needs to start acting like one. He should be coming home to have dinner with his own family. Yes his mom is old, but anything can happen… Just because his kids are young doesn’t mean they are guaranteed tomorrow. He should be picking one day a week to visit her and the rest of the nights he needs to eat dinner with his kids and help with the house and put them to bed like a father.

11 Likes

It would absolutely bother me. If she’s living alone (which I assume), making dinners big enough to feed him; she isn’t knocking at deaths door and he doesn’t need to be there day after day. And frankly, as his mom, she should be sending him home to spend meal times with his wife and kids. It would be one thing if he stopped in to check on her, stayed for a chat and then came home, but eating dinner there every night and leaving you to figure it out yourself is not cool. You need to tell him that there needs to be a compromise. Obviously he loves and is worried about his mom so it wouldn’t be nice for you to stop him going there completely. I would ask him to see he every other day for now. He can call on his way home in between if he feels so inclined. Then he’s home with his family at least half the week for meals.

1 Like

I’d drive to his moms house so she can feed everyone :slightly_smiling_face: free dinners for life

12 Likes

Is she living by herself? Could you meet him at her house every other night and she come to yours the other ones? That way it gives her an excuse to see the grandkids too, not just her grown, adult son who has his own family and responsibilities to tend to. I think the sentiment of it is sweet. But you’re the family he created and need to be a priority. Besides, you’re likely “touched out” by dinner time and could use the extra hands for some relief.

3 Likes

I’m on his side. You can never get back time you didn’t spend with your parents. Maybe a nice visit from your whole family at least once a week would be nice. Take your kids to see her also. I’m sure she would love it and it would get you out of the house with your husband. My parents are gone 18 years now and I miss them everyday.

6 Likes

Divide the week 2 nights he goes there 2 nights invite her over and the weekends family time. Maybe she can cook dinner at your house it would help you out.

5 Likes

Drop off his laundry and bills! You obviously have talked to him about this and his mama isn’t bed confined if she is cooking for him.so maybe she can do his laundry too! Hell…drop the kids off too.

6 Likes

Ooohhhh… identical to my ex…
Ex…EX…

2 Likes

You’ll still be here when his moms gone and you’ll get all the attention, let that man spend time with his mom my husbands mom is in hospice right now she’s only 59 years old in April she had a partial knee replacement and in June she found out she has stage 4 colon cancer. Nobody plans on dying she fixed her knee so she could enjoy this summer with her kids and grandkids. life changes in an instant so let him have his time with his mother while he can

7 Likes

Why don’t you and the kids meet him there sometimes to all have dinner?!?! It’s his mom for crying out loud! He should see her as much as possible if he wants to! Someday he won’t be able to! What would you say to your son if he stopped by to see you every night?

3 Likes

Better at his mom’s, then stop to drink a 6 pack with a homie. Like mine

6 Likes

My husband lost his mother at fifteen and I wish he could do that.You only have one momma and u shouldn’t be upset he wants to see his mom. I am sure you kids will do that to u

2 Likes

I’d ask for a plate :woman_shrugging:t3: girl… A hr w his mom…chill.

2 Likes

I’d pack up the kids and meet him there after work. She can feed all of us then AND spend time with her grand kids.

9 Likes

Shows he loves his momma all respect. Our parents won’t be around forever. You and the kids should meet him as his mom’s problem solved

4 Likes

I’d say let him spend all the time with his mom that he can. Let her enjoy her son. He will always be her little boy. He always comes home
To you after- then there’s no harm. Life is always teaching us lessons. One day you may understand in your older years how important this is to both your
Mother in law and your husband. I wish my lo had that opportunity to do that with his mom. It’s so important. There is no competition with mom. Never will be. She will always have a special place for him that you. Do not make it a competition. Just like those that marry your children will hold no competition with you. No matter how hard they try to do so. Be thankful he is with his mother and not a strange woman. Hell- wouldn’t it be great if he even did date night with his mom. How special she would feel. :heart:

I wouldn’t be happy with every night, but maybe 2 nights a week. He’s a father & husband too and needs to act like it. He should spend time with his mom for sure though.

11 Likes

Remember, That was his first LOVE.

1 Like

This isn’t a new thing, he was probably like this before you married him…but you married him, soooo…he’s not the husband you wanted, maybe your not the wife he wanted…too many questions… bUT y’all married each other…did he want all those kids or did you…get a part time job…get out of the house, do something for you…

All of yall saying oh its his mom and she’ll be gone soon are missing the problem! He isn’t visiting ONCE a week! He’s there EVERY nite and eating dinner there. He has a wife and kids at home. Sorry but your spouse and kids come first! He can call and check on her but once or twice a week is good NOT nite. He needs to go home to his wife and kids.

18 Likes

Just put yourself in her shoes. How would you feel if your children were coming to visit you when you’re old and their spouses got upset? Probably not a good feeling.

My husband lost his mom a few years ago. I bet he wishes he could stop by for a quick bite. I know he wishes she could of met her one and only grandchild (that’s all she wanted was to be a grandma) so stop b*tching and let the man visit his mom

4 Likes

If he’s with his mom you’re lucky he’s doing that.

1 Like

I dont see why you cant pack up the kiddos and show up at her house. Shes grandma right? Shouldn’t be a problem if thats really where he us going. I wouldnt have an issue if it was like every other night or whatever but EVERY DAY is a bit much. Hes not only her son, hes a husband and father too. Has he ever said anything bad about your cooking? Maybe he wanta moms cookijg? Idk i wouldnt be comfortable with every day.

3 Likes

A mom is a boys first love and this man loves his mom nothing wrong with spending time with her when she’s gone he will have great memories and you will have him and his attention

4 Likes

Unpopular opinion but…are u 100 percent sure hes at his mothers? Ive seen this first hand many times and. The guy was actually cheating

6 Likes

I’d start going over to his momma’s house too… we could all eat… then we could all go home together and we could help with the kids if thats what you think you will make you happy…but I don’t think it is… maybe you should talk to him…

4 Likes

I’d stop at my moms too just not deal with your resentful self. He doesn’t work 7 days a week and it’s not like you you just now new how close he was to his mom. I’d be really upset if you robbed me the last few few years with my mom because you made me feel guilty……what would you want if your kids were in a similar situation….that they wanted to spend evenings with you….you need to find other SAHMs cause resentment is never good in marriage, especially over family members.

1 Like

I agree that he should spend time with his mom, but it don’t have to be EVERY night. I mean yes it’s better than him going to the bar every night. But the fact of the matter is he also has a wife and family. My husband’s dad just passed away last week, so now he is worried about his mom being alone. He is going to start stopping over there multiple times a week, but he is a landscaper and a lot of our customers are around the corner from her house. Any time he has ever had plans to go there for dinner (even when he dad qas alive) we went as a family so they could also see our boys.

1 Like

When that man is grieving the loss of that woman you’ll find yourself in a moment of desperation wishing “God just let him see her one more night” and in that moment you’ll realize what an idiot you are in this moment.

3 Likes

Can you confirm 100% thats where he is going has it always been like this?
When he gets home, take some me time and get out of the house by yourself

5 Likes