My husband stops at his moms house every night at work: Advice?

My husband does this every night too. He also goes to the shop to have beers before his mom’s. He’s been doing it for years all the guys do it around here. I don’t get mad, we only live 7mins apart and I think it’s great he can see his mom daily he lived 2000 miles away for many years Sometimes me and the kids go over there.

2 Likes

Can’t you meet him there and all spend time together ?

1 Like

Ummm if his mom is old and sick he’s probably stopping by to make sure she is okay and has everything she needs. I talk to my mom everyday. She’s the first person I text in the morning and the last call I make at night and if she doesn’t answer I immediately think the worst because she’s an older woman. One day his mom won’t be there and I. Sure when you married him you knew how close he was with his mom.

3 Likes

Not ok. Once you’re married your spouse and kids come first. He should want to be with you and the kids more. My husband used to put his mom first and i had many talks with him, over time it stopped and he started putting me and the kids first and our life got so much better. I would talk with him and make him understand how you feel and how he’s neglecting his marriage and children by going over there every night. I’d also suggest a compromise that all of you can go over for dinner like twice a week, then he can spend time with you guys and his mom.

This would upset me too. I’m shocked at how many would actually be okay with this lol.

There’s nothing wrong with a man wanting to spend time with his mother. However, the family he creates should come before the family he came from. There needs to be healthy boundaries. To create a healthy bond with his own family, he should be coming home and having dinner with you and the babies. Maybe set one or two nights aside where you all go over to his moms house after he gets off and have dinner with her.

While a lot of people are saying let him spend this time with her because you can’t get it back, the same goes for his wife and kids. No one is promised tomorrow and the relationship with his wife and kids is just as important, if not more, than the relationship with his mom.

3 Likes

Meet him there. :woman_shrugging: surely grandma wants to see the grandkids too. Plus you get out of the house and ease your mind. Or not. But either way, it’s a solution.

3 Likes

Mell Sprague I think it is wonderful to have such a caring son but he has a family and he should go home and be with them also. Let your children know you care about them and play with them. They grow up very quickly. You married your wife not your Mom,start showing her some love. I am not young and I love my kids to come to see me but they have their own lives.

2 Likes

Wow you all are nasty judgemental… No he married his wife… He should be with his wife… He didn’t marry his mom. Yes it’s his mom. And she is important to yes… she deserves visits yes… But every night is extreme… He’s a momma’s boy…

8 Likes

As a boy mom this is one of the things I worry about when my boys are grown and married. A jealous wife of his own mom!

4 Likes

I’m not complaining at all bc my MIL (mother in law) is 89 and has Alzheimer’s and dementia so anytime he gets to spend with her is a blessing.

4 Likes

The spouse comes first, Above all others

1 Like

Seems like you have some other issues that have caused you to get resentful towards this issue. Pack up the kids and meet him there.

4 Likes

Give him back to her then. Mamas Boys are the worst partners apparently

9 Likes

I would just ask him to make sure its only an hour visit and then come right home.

Meet him at his moms and then you don’t have to cook either. Takes some work off of you, kids will have more adults to tend to them, and you can eat together as a family.

If it’s something weird going on you’ll find out quick

5 Likes

Every once in awhile sure that’s fine but everyday no that’s too much especially if you an your kids aren’t included in this so called need to spend time with her bc if that was truly the case then it’d be just as important for you an your kids to spend time with her as well…. Pack up the kids an head over there with dinner for you an the kids bc you know there isn’t going to be enough from her for everyone bc she won’t expect y’all. If he’s there then good if not then you pull up and have a visit with her and start talking to her about how he’s there every night for dinner and that he should be there soon and then when he never shows up you and his mother will be wondering where he is and why he claimed that he was always there. I’m sure his mother will be upset that he’s said he’s spending much needed time with her when he actually isn’t.

7 Likes

Don’t mean this in a bad way but my opinion is then I don’t have another person I need to cook for after kids go bed I have my tea and me time befor they come he can do something with him on days off but I get my alone time to relax and think about only me tidy up after only me watch a movie by my self ect

3 Likes

Wow is she sickly I think you’re making way too much of this he’s not at a bar he’s not with another woman it’s his mom for cryin in the rain maybe try getting with your mil and plan a dinner for all of you unless you have a problem with your mil if that’s the case that’s on you and you’ll need to explain it all to your husband maybe he will understand and he’ll limit his visits if not ya gotta talk talk talk so he understands not caves…

You just need to stop complaining and be happy that he wants to see his mother let me put it this way my husband found his dad dead from suicide and his mom was in a car accident in 2006 and had a brain injury he goes by and sees her I don’t have a problem with that one day you’re not going to be around for your kids then what

Show up at his mom’s with the kids and see if he really is stopping there. Tell him “It’s a family thing, isn’t it?” If he really is there, if not then call him and say " we’re here where are you?"

5 Likes

All of you judging her and not hearing what she is saying is a shame. I’m sure until you’re in the situation it doesn’t bother you. A few days a week is fine, but every night is a bit much when you’re making dinner and he’s eating dinner there instead. If he came home first to atleast say hi to you and the kids and spend some time before going over there. That would be different. I’m all for my fiancé spending time with his mom as I love her also. But it gets lonely being home all day with the kids. I get it. Maybe trying explaining that to him. Pick a few days over the week to go see her and maybe bring you and the kids sometimes as well. You’re not being selfish for wanting time with your husband.

10 Likes

Put his ass on the show I love a mama’s boy. Love that show. Lol

Pack up the kids, we’re eating dinner at Grandma’s from now on!

3 Likes

Tell him to come pick up the kids and then go see his mom.

Are you positive it’s his mom… have you verified lol

2 Likes

Well, the way I see it, you have two options. You can either fix potluck food and show up at his mom’s house and have dinner as a family. Or, you can feed the kids earlier, get them their baths, put them to bed, and have the rest of the evening to yourself. Don’t go out of your way to have leftovers out for him. Just have your shower done if you shower at night… be all settled in and comfortable. Just be cool. Don’t say a word. If he says anything, just tell him you’ve adjusted to his schedule and this is how it is now. You know he ate at his mom’s and the kids have had supper, their baths, are in bed… now it’s time for you. You had no idea when or if he was coming home, so here you are. If he gets mad, tell him to go home to mommy.

9 Likes

he was her son long before he was ever your husband!!! I would pray that your children end up with some of the good qualities that your husband has. Tomorrow is not promised his mother used to revolve her life for many years around him. Shout out to him for being a good son. I’m sure that’s the first and most important thing in her day. Have some empathy for one day you may be sitting in your house waiting for your son or daughter to stop by. Let’s hope they’re we’re raised with a strong enough backbone to do what is right

5 Likes

There has to be compromise, I have a 22 year old and if he ever did that I would have to tell him that there needs to be a healthy balance if he has his own family. You have to communicate with him, tell him how it makes you feel and what you need from him, suggest a few options to reach a compromise and see how receptive he is.

3 Likes

Maybe his mom is a better cook than you. Could be that simple. Ask him if he feels that way and if he does approach his mom and ask if she will teach you. You can ask if you and kids can join them. You haven’t said if his mother is really old or in bad health either. I hope my son will come to dinner after he is grown. I would want his family there too. Have you tried talking to your husband or mother in law to tell them this hurts you? Communication is key. I say have a sit down with them both together if you haven’t tried that.

2 Likes

She’s not sick if she’s cooking dinner. Every night is to much. Wife and kids come first especially when his kids have been waiting all day to see him. His kids deserve all of his time.

12 Likes

A man will care for you one day how he cares for his mother. I think it’s great he wants to see her every day.
Just communicate your needs to him maybe find a time limit or happy medium so you are getting help and time too

6 Likes

Honestly that’s a nope for me.
I made the terrible mistake of marrying a Momma’s Boy… and let’s just say that ended in divorce, I’m living an amazing life raising our kids and he lives with his Momma.
Never again. Men understand that the family you’re building is the priority. Parents and siblings become secondary. Period. Good luck honey.

7 Likes

There needs to be balance, 3 or 4 times a week is enough and the rest of the days he spends with his family. Otherwise one day she will pass away and he wont have anyone if he isn’t nurturing his own family he created.

I call " Bullshit"! We raise our children to move on and get married and take care of their family. A couple nights a week is OK but not every day. If he’s going to do that, I’d drop the kids off a couple nights a week and do something for me … gym, nails shopping. You need a break to.

Tell him how you feel. I don’t care how old she is or if she’s deathly sick. He doesn’t need to spend everyday there. He needs to come home and help you with the kids.

1 Like

Do you have a relationship with your MIL? If so, call her while your husband is at work and plan for you and the kids to come help with dinner and have dinner together. It’ll surprise him and I’m sure she’d love to spend time with her grandkids. Then explain to your husband, while it is important that he spends time with his mother before it’s too late- the same goes with the kids. If he doesn’t spend time with them as kids and show them that they are important, they aren’t really going to care to begin a relationship with their dad once his mom is gone and they are older.

7 Likes

Tell him u wanna go with him a couple times a week? Make plans to see your own parents/family every other day??

I’d go talk to my mother in law. Get her to see my side. :woman_shrugging:

I went thru the same thing, dinner on them table, the kids and I waiting for him to come home but nope He would stop at this moms to eat and not even tell me. Is partly why he is now my Ex husband. You deserve better then you are getting.

2 Likes

Take the kids with you to his moms house. You get a break from cooking, she sees the grandkids, and you have some time with the hubby.

presses easy button

3 Likes

Every single night is excessive, he can pick like a day or two a week to go eat there other than that he better get home and take care of these kids :joy: us moms need a breaaak

5 Likes

I tell my husband i wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t come straight home after work. I wouldn’t want to work all day and then come home to chaos.

1 Like

I’am making over $132 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 19341 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1230.pages.dev/

I’m sure you knew that, before u two got married. He only has one mother , and as you said “she is getting older” and “he wants to spend time with his mother before she passes”. Since u know he is at her house go with the kids, when he gets off work, so u can have family time and the kids can see their grandmother.

7 Likes

Communicate.

Tell him your feelings.

Offer to go with him WITH the grandkids.

Maybe he doesn’t know that it bothers you or maybe he hasn’t thought about asking you and the kids to go with.

Have him pick up his mom and bring her over…

So many solutions… you may not know in depth of their relationship or what is going on that maybe hasn’t been told to you… if my mom was old and sick I would probably make it a point to see her as much as possible as well and I’d hope he understand if it was you in his shoes. But damn people learn how to communicate effectively with your partners…

1 Like

Been there done that got out

Next time he wants to get laid, Tell him to go over to His mommy’s

11 Likes

Yeah this is a repeat post or this is just too common.

Pack him a suit case and give it to him when he leaves for work tell him just to stay with his mom if she’s that old…bet he comes home or stays …no loss

1 Like

Why don’t you get with MIL and have her come over a few nights a week? Balance it out

10 Likes

I’d need a minute before coming home to that mess too! Sounds like there isn’t dinner when gets home so why would he not stop?!

2 Likes

My ex used to like to stop by his grandmas house after work because it was between work and home so occasionally I’d gather the kids and meet him there. Granted I’d be a little annoyed is it was all the time but the main question is have you told him it bothers you?

2 Likes

Have u lost a family member yet? Let the man get all the time in with his mama he can. He’s still coming home to you. If it’s a big burden for you invite mama over for dinner a few times a week or you and the kids visit her maybe that way he still spends time with mama and you guys have time too

6 Likes

He love’s you and he’s not out cheating and he’s not lazy he works. And he’s good to his mama.
Girl think you’re lucky star’s.

6 Likes

If she’s cooking dinner every night she ain’t but so old​:woman_shrugging:t3: next time he wants sex, tell him to go to mommy’s house :clap:t2:

Well if you cook dinner I would b mad as hell, but if you don’t then let him be. Most men want their dinner when they get home.

I’d take the kids over to her house at least 2 o3 times a week to have a family dinner, and give her a little something for grocery or stop in a little early and help with dinner why because you want the kids to know and love their Grandmother

5 Likes

Wow…he sounds like a keeper…any man man who loves his mother loves his wife…

5 Likes

I’d be annoyed. Watching kids can be hard work. I’d rather work than watch kids 24/7. I do it because I love my kids, but I also need my time and self care. A day or two a week is ok but not all the time. It’s a partnership, not a momship. You help make those kids, you help raise those kids.

You sure he is at his moms lol

3 Likes

Meet him there with the kids.

5 Likes

This is petty, and I wouldn’t want to come home to a nagging woman either. If you get the pleasure of having a son that loves you like he loves her then you wouldn’t sound so jealous. Why aren’t you at his moms house too?

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t up bring kids over there at least once a a week for a dinner or something and let your husband enjoy this time with his mom tf

2 Likes

Wow I would get over myself This too shall pass…

1 Like

While every night may seem excessive, we only have 1 mama. Try to work out a compromise. Perhaps meet him there a couple nights a week for a family dinner, and maybe reserve 2 nights a week where he just comes home or mom comes there. Marriage is about compromise and communication. Let him know you’re feeling a little left out, and never make a man feel guilty for spending time with his mother.

1 Like

She must be a good mama :purple_heart: take the kids and have family dinner. If not leave it be. He’s not out with other women. Count your blessings.

1 Like

Meet him there and have dinner as a family. Or better yet, invite your MIL over.

2 Likes

Meet him at his moms with the kids for dinner. My mother in law died at 59 suddenly and I would give anything for my husband to be able to go and visit her again.

2 Likes

Reminds me of the guy from grown ups lol

3 Likes

It’s his mother. Let him be. He will not have her one day. He will resend you if you keep him from her. Grow up already !

Go with him to the moms

3 Likes

Mommas boy forsure :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sounds like he’s made his choice…

I’m curious to see what would happen if you drive by there after he got off work and he wasn’t there…or if you and the kids were there when he pulled up.

5 Likes

Pack up the kids and meet him there.

2 Likes

I’am making over $132 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 19341 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome1290.pages.dev/

Maybe your cooking isn’t very good and he doesn’t want to offend u

7 Likes

I would try a compromise. Maybe see if he could do it like a couple times a week instead of every night. Every single night is a bit excessive. Also I would go over to his moms house and wait and see if that is really where he is going.

2 Likes

Don’t listen to the bitches looking down their nose at you. Assuming he works 5 days a week that’s pretty excessive. Tell him that he is a father and husband too, not just a son. I wouldn’t complain about one or two nights a week but anymore than that? Is he doing this on the weekends on his time off too? Your kids are missing out on time with their father, not just you, so yeah he needs to be home more often. He isn’t a child anymore and neither is his mother. His children should be considered in this first.

That would be weird to me that he’s stopping at her house before coming to see you and the kids when he could take you and the kids over there as well

2 Likes

Don’t complain, you have a good man there.

4 Likes

Someday you will be old too

5 Likes

All I can say is my momma passed 4 months ago and I wish I seen her more often and spent more time with her. If something happened to his mom and you stopped him from seeing her as much as he wants, it’s bound to cause a problem. With that being said, do you know for sure he’s at his mothers house.

2 Likes

His family is you and the kids now so one day they will visit him too. One dinner with your mom a week is enough, step up bro

1 Like

Is she older, is she sick. I mean I used to do the same thing with my mom. And luckily I did, because she had passed to years later. I’m happy I was able to spend that extra time with her. Does his mom live alone? Why don’t you and the kids meet him there for dinner? Maybe she would love to spend more time with her grandkids. I mean, it’s his mother for carrying out loud. Pick your battles

3 Likes

I think it’s admirable that he checks in on his mother every day. If you nag about this, you will create bad feelings where there doesn’t need to be. Try asking him to come pick up you and the kids so you can go along on the visits.

9 Likes

I would bring you and the kids over to visit with him and grandma a couple of times a week and make it a family thing. But do not nag a man to come home who is checking on his mother.
But it also sounds like you need alone time with your husband. Set aside date night once a month get a babysitter and schedule it on the calendar.

6 Likes

Thank your lucky star’s!!! God bless your husband!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

So u have an issue that your husband goes and sees his old mother once a day for an hour or so . If that’s really where he is you have issues . Is your mom elderly ? Why doesn’t he come pick the kids up sometimes and take them with him there it would give you a break and they can see there grandma maybe suggest 2 times a week he does this then he can see her and I get a break

1 Like

Do you have sons? You talk like this now but I’m sure one day you’re going to hope and maybe wish your sons did the same for you. His mom took care of him his entire life practically, so yes I think he should visit her and check up on her when he feels like if and he shouldn’t have a wife that is annoyed by it. That’s his mom who gave him life. You wouldn’t have him as a husband if it wasn’t for her.

2 Likes

I mean. My husband was a mama’s boy. I loved his mother also. She is now 94 in a nursing home and hasn’t remembered our names for a long while. Let him enjoy his mom’s company while he can. Moms don’t stay forever. I lost mine to covid last September, and I wish I had gone over more.

2 Likes

Let the man enjoy his mother while she is still alive! I wish I had more time with my mother while she was alive. She passed 2 years ago. Maybe even take yourself and the kids to visit her sometimes

4 Likes

Yeah that’s weird to me. If she knows he has a family she should be making dinner for all of you and he should be including all of you. If his reason is because she’s old then wouldn’t you want your children there to see her as often as well? :thinking::thinking:

8 Likes

Take the kids over there and either make dinner with her or take turns making dinner and see how long that lasts. LoL.

2 Likes

Pretty soon it’ll only be you. I get it being frustrating, but that’s kinda hard to say anything about. It’s good that he cares and is there for her. Maybe designate a date night.

The only part I find strange is that he never comes home for dinner. Maybe he likes her cooking better.

Would you prefer he stop at the bar for a hour or so?

It his mom and she wont be here forever. Why dont you pack the kids up and go visit as well.

2 Likes

I’d say you married a mamas boy. Sorry but he is a pansy always needing his mom. If someone broke into your house he would probably call his mom for help. I’d pack his crap and say since you love your mom more than us go live with her. Bye!

3 Likes

Maybe a couple of times a week you and the kids could join him possibly go there earlier and ask her to share some of the recipes with you that would probably be a very good bonding experience

2 Likes

That’s his mother. She’s not replaceable But you are. Let him see his mother. FFS. I wish I could see my mom one more time and eat dinner with her. Hell pack you and the kids up and go visit her too.

5 Likes