My husband think it's okay to smoke weed and drive: Thoughts?

Bottom line, no one has the right to drive impaired! No one!:rage:

8 Likes

Weed is safer than alcohol

6 Likes

Well honey, weed and alcohol are two different things. Driving high means you stay at a stop light 2.5 seconds longer. Driving drunk means you hit a car at a stop light. Grow up.

14 Likes

It’s not ok period. Same for meds or alcohol that impairs

4 Likes

I do edibles daily. I do NOT drive when taking them. I am one of the most pro marijuana advocate out there. When it comes to driving though? It impairs you. There’s no reason EVER to get behind the wheel impaired. High or drunk.

11 Likes

That u even have to ask is worrying in itself lol :joy: jeez!!

I agree with ur husband.

3 Likes

A lot of these comments are like, tell me you’ve never smoked weed, without telling me you’ve never smoked weed🙄

28 Likes

Ummm… okay? When I am sober I am have alot of road rage cause of dumbass idiots and speed (mostly without realizing it) but when i do smoke I turn driving ms daisy honestly. I am alot less angry when I smoke. Sorry not sorry

Lol I think your husband is fine smoking weed and driving. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Ummm you can function with weed, alcohol depending on your intake and tolerance not so much.

2 Likes

Well call me bad cuz smoking and driving is relaxing as hell. Been doing it 20yrs

14 Likes

It’s literally always a better option to not be under the influence of anything at all, but that being said, I’d get in a car with a driver who smoked weed over a driver who’s drank a couple drinks every time.

10 Likes

Wow these comments. Impaired is impaired regardless of the source.

4 Likes

I think it depends on the person. I’m more alert to my surroundings. I’ve never been in a car accident either. Now my neighbor, I wouldn’t drive with him after smoking, he can’t even walk straight. Has this always been an issue for you or are you all of a sudden against it?

1 Like

Driving impaired is the same either way. Not okay to do either. :clap:t2::clap:t2:

4 Likes

Greatest day= driving country roads, smoking blunts and listening to Jelly Roll or Struggle Jennings.

7 Likes

I’ve seen drunks plow through a stop at a stop sign, and I have seen potheads wait for the stop sign to turn green.

10 Likes

:grimacing: while I got no qualms with weed or drinking. I don’t feel either is safe while driving. Impaired is impaired irregardless of what substance it is.

2 Likes

Driving while high is still cause for a DUI. It isn’t limited to only alcohol.

2 Likes

:joy::rofl: thanks for the laugh.

I wouldn’t cuz that shit makes me mad sleepy :joy::joy: but I would drive with someone who smokes before someone who drinks.

Honestly. My husband is a much better driver after he smokes or uses his vape.

2 Likes

it’s just as illegal as a DWI , jail time,points & all…

2 Likes

I am amazed at some of these comments…impaired impaired you can get pull over and still get a DWI. You are still under the influence of something, it is never ok to get in to a car and drive after that.

4 Likes

I drive when I’m high. The only stupid thing I did was stop at a stop sign and watch a stop light like 6 streets down lmao

13 Likes

Can’t change his thinking, only think that you can do is change boyfriend, get knew one not change him

I dont get high, now that its legal, so ya

I smoke and drive. Doesn’t effect me…

Honestly that’s how I learned to drive, my anxiety was on a 1,000 if I didn’t.

Technically it is illegal. Even if you have a medical card. Impaired is DUI no matter the source. The same as taking pain meds and driving.

3 Likes

At is a drug tell him on that case lets ask a cop when he says no tell him I rest my case

For all you uneducated people here’s what causes most accidents. Speeding and alcohol.

3 Likes

my friends partner killed someone and went to jail high on weed. killed the man disabled his wife and his daughter had a baby the next day. destroyed a family. shouldn’t drive under the influence of anything.

3 Likes

Smoking weed and driving had never been a problem for me or my husband. We dont get blitz and go drive but we can smoke a bowl between us and still drive and function just fine. It’s safe than taking prescription drugs and driving… and people do that legally.

5 Likes

I don’t smoke, but know/ride with people that do. The only time I’d be concerned is if they are new to it!

I’ll get in a car with a smoker but i will not get in the car with someone who has been drinking

6 Likes

I learned how to drive stoned. So did my husband. I drive better stoned. It depends on the person. Stop being a cry baby and let the man do his thing.

4 Likes

I think it depends on how the person can handle weed. 🤷

1 Like

Weed doesn’t affect every one like alcohol does

5 Likes

Impaired driving is impaired driving…regardless of how you got that way.

9 Likes

I read a study once / don’t know if it’s accurate. It said normal weed smokers had no more higher rate of accidents. New weed smokers did have a slightly higher rate ………

I smoke and drive and the same time and in my country its not legalised here you’d think it was the way I blatantly smoke in public :laughing:

Well he’s an idiot and irresponsible.

3 Likes

I take my medicine and drive. It calms me so I can focus otherwise I’d be having a panic attack the whole time. It is a medicine and can be used medicinally❤

4 Likes

My boyfriend and I drive while we have mj in our body we both drive good like other commenters have said it just depends on how ur body and attention is before getting behind the wheel I drive better when high keeps my anxiety down

1 Like

Shouldn’t be driving doing either if you can’t enjoy your drink or smoke at home then :woman_shrugging:t2: not against either but I am against driving under any influence period! And yes I have driven stoned no I was not a good driver under the influence and personally I don’t think anyone is reaction times can be delayed and a whole other list of things!

5 Likes

If anything your more paranoid when you drive and smoke :joy:

1 Like

As the sign on my local highway says… don’t drive high. Impaired is impaired

3 Likes

Smoked and driven a thousand times, drive tired no weed trying to meet gf 700ks away fall asleep nearly die. Smoking has nothing on being tired.

3 Likes

I don’t see an issue with driving while high i never had an issue or anyone i know that does. If someone caused an accident on weed they was smoking more then weed.

6 Likes

I get into the car with a smoker every day but I won’t drive with someone who’s been drinking. If I dont know the person or how smoking makes them react. Then I wouldn’t but, smoking weed is safer than the anxiety meds they have me taking.

4 Likes

Well…it’s illegal so there’s that :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Apparently your husband is about as sharp as a marble …and so are all the other people saying they drive good while high…you drive good until you cause an accident because you’re not fully aware of your surroundings…but Mmk…:roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Smoking and drinking are two different things. If you have one beer don’t drive. Im a smoker because smoking makes me chill compared to the shitty drunk feeling. I’d rather someone smoke and drive , compared to someone drink and drive.

Weed doesn’t effect people like that. So yea it’s fine to smoke and drive

5 Likes

Depends on the person -

4 Likes

While weed doesn’t affect everyone like alcohol does it’s always best not to drive impaired and driving impaired on weed is just as bad as driving impaired on alcohol while he may not think so it may take tragedy before he realizes it

3 Likes

My bf smokes and drives.

I have friends who drive way better high then sober. It depends on the body is all or how it’s handled

2 Likes

Impaired is impaired. You’re driving a big machine, you need to be alert and responsible while operating a vehicle.

12 Likes

Impaired is impaired and im a proud smoker. I just dont do it while driving or before I drive.

3 Likes

Two drinks over four hours shouldn’t leave him impaired. There are some basic calculators u can look up online

1 Like

ya i dont agree with it but others obviously do. you shouldn drive under the influence of ANYTHING

3 Likes

I think he is a grown ass man and can make his own decisions …

1 Like

Half you are putting makeup on and texting— this dudes weed is safer than most women on the road. #truckerlife

10 Likes

I do it. And my driving is just fine. It’s not a constant thing just like if we are in the car for 2+ hours. But I always smoke before I leave my house

2 Likes

Depends on how it affects each individual

1 Like

My fiancé died from an impaired driver. So no I don’t think it’s okay. If you believe it’s fine cool but why risk it with so many other lives at sake.

8 Likes

It’s still considered driving under the influence. Not ok or legal

8 Likes

When you stop at a stop sign and wait for the light to turn green :joy:

7 Likes

Hmm, alcohol impairs driving more than weed does…js :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Do you drive after taking your medications? Well you are guilty of DUI. Blood pressure meds, anxiety meds, etc all impair your ability to drive.

3 Likes

Smoking and driving means he is DUI. We can tell. There are tests. He’s lucky to not be arrested yet. If he keeps it up, his luck will eventually run out. His driving doesn’t have to be bad. Plenty of people get pulled over for things like lights, plate stickers, etc. Someone could crash into him and, even though it’s not his fault, the officer who responds will probably recognize it and put him through the drug tests anyway. Seems like a pretty big gamble.

2 Likes

It would be just the same.

Omg there’s 420 comments lol

1 Like

Everyone will defend driving impaired until they actually have to witness the aftermath of lives ruined by this careless act. The ones lost, the families and friends affected by the loss as well as the person who made the bad decision to do it in the first place. Its all :broken_heart: The man I know who went through this killed his wife and they had done this 1000+times before… She was willing and informed… It was just another get together for them… Until that animal came from nowhere and his abilities were so impaired that he reacted poorly and decapitated her​:sob: He lost his wife, love of his life, his kids (they were hers from a previous marriage and they didn’t have the right paperwork in order plus he ended up going to prison within a few years so he couldn’t have kept them anyway), his entire life and everything he ever cared about/ worked for, and probably the saddest part of it all, he never got his sanity back​:pensive: His kids never spoke to him again… He had a water accident that left him paralyzed from the neck down a handful of years later and his son only then called to tell him he was glad God was punishing him for what he did to his mother​:cry: And this is 1 of at least 10 messed up A** stories i know of ppl who’s lives were literally never, ever the same… From victims who never walk again, to teens who never get to experience life, all the way to the ppl who drove and can’t sleep a decent night again, even 20-30+ years later​:broken_heart: I seriously CANNOT BELIEVE how many mothers are on here defending impaired driving. Oh but let your kids be the ones to die and you’ll be the leader of the local MADD chapter then though​:roll_eyes: This is exactly WHY we educate!!! I truly hope ya’ll at least have the sense to not be spouting this dumb crap to your kids​:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I have too much anxiety if I don’t smoke and I’m much better at checking mirrors and stuff if I smoke. I was in many car accidents before I started smoking. However I wouldn’t want to drive drunk.

I’ve always driven while smoking weed but it literally helps my anxiety it’s when I’m sober I drive lil out there but I’m also super short and the sunvisor doesn’t work for me

Hell weed just make ya a lil paranoid, so the worst that’ll happen is driving too slow! Lol :joy:

4 Likes

I get all sorts of fucked up when I smoke, so it would never be a good idea for me to drive while under the influence.

Confucius say: he who stand on toilet, get high on pot.

4 Likes

No different than driving drunk…

5 Likes

No. Like drinking, you don’t mix with driving.

3 Likes

Depends on how weed affects you. I know a lot of people who are not affected greatly by it and can drive just fine. If you FEEL impaired then no matter what substance it is , you shouldn’t get behind the wheel. Period.

18 Likes

Almost everyone does something they shouldn’t be doing while driving

People live and learn.
Once they learn they may change ways but if they don’t it will catch up to them again

2 Likes

I don’t smoke because I hate smoke but I can tolerate the pen and I like eatables but I would never take them and drive because when I take them I freak out. Lol so I stay my ass in the house.

1 Like

Smoking while driving to me is a no no unless you’re almost home but if he smokes at home I can almost guarantee he won’t drive until he’s certain he can bc driving high can be just as bad or worse than a terribly bad acid trip. (I speak from experience) In my experience, people who smoke weed and drive (or participate in any kind of social events) use marijuana as a maintenance drug for depression anxiety and things like that. If your SO is getting absolutely blowed and joy riding or something similar, that’s an indication that he’s probably trying to get away or escape (again, been there) from the day to day monotony. Maybe recommend therapy or try talking it out.

2 Likes

None of my business do I don’t have an opinion on this.

Studies by UCA Berkeley said that every day pot smokers drive better when they’re high

4 Likes

What?! You in here for weed?! (LOL sorry it’s a movie line that I just had to use)

4 Likes

So many medications technically you shouldn’t drive on either, but that doesn’t stop any of you. I’ve struggled with anxiety/panic attack’s my whole life also I’ve been on tons of different medications for it. Some of which I really wouldn’t recommend driving on what so ever but know people that do daily. My point is I’d rather get in a vehicle with someone who smoked weed for their anxiety truthfully. But then again weed affects everyone differently I personally cannot smoke, I completely hate the way it makes me feel and I personally wouldn’t get behind the wheel. I also don’t drive because of my anxiety much to begin with so that’s just me lol

4 Likes

Depends on the person honestly

8 Likes

Girl relax. The most that’ll happen is he waits for the stop sign to turn green :rofl::rofl:

28 Likes

Weed does effect people the same way as alcohol.

11 Likes

Don’t do it just failed a swab I was 25x the limit lost my truck not worth it at all

1 Like

My boyfriend does it. I think it’s irresponsible first of all because if they get pulled over in a state where it’s illegal that’s already an issue. Also being under the influence is irresponsible because it puts the driver and others at risk.

5 Likes

That highly depends on the person and their current as well as past marijuana consumption.

Personally, as a heavy user, my fiancé REFUSES to get in the car when I’m driving UNLESS I just smoked a bowl. He says when I’m sober I drive too fast and I have WAY too much road rage. :sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:t3::upside_down_face:
I’m a more considerate driver stoned.

Him on the other hand would NEVER drive high. Not after even one hit because he’s not a regular user and it affects his reaction time and concentration. I ALWAYS drive if he has smoked that day at all, and sometimes even if he’s smoked the day before and is still groggy.

16 Likes

That its ok… After all its just a plant