My husband think it's okay to smoke weed and drive: Thoughts?

Hey mama, So my husband thinks it’s okay to smoke weed and drive. In his mind, it’s not okay to have two drinks over 4 hours and drive. What are your thoughts on this?

126 Likes

this would not be okay in my eyes. Weed slows down your reaction time, making it hazardess to drive. I also think any amount of alcahol is irresponsible too

Smoking weed doesn’t impair you from driving. Doesn’t cause you to be slow either. Most people commenting haven’t smoked and it shows.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband think it's okay to smoke weed and drive: Thoughts? - Mamas Uncut

Your husbands an idiot by that logic😬

4 Likes

He’s not very bright OR just supporting the idea because it suits his need. I’m going with #2. :wink:

5 Likes

Call on him and have a cop check and see if his logic is sound.

6 Likes

Driving while under the influence of drugs is the same offence as drink driving

8 Likes

Both are wrong, but it’s been proven that weed drivers are safer.

17 Likes

I’d rather have a pot head behind the wheel, rather than someone behind the wheel that’s had ANY amount of alcohol

56 Likes

Hell no. As a cigarette smoker, even with the windows down I will not smoke anywhere in the vicinity of a kid!

5 Likes

You’re technically impaired after smoking it’s the equivalent to drinking & driving.

24 Likes

Don’t let him drive - or let your kids ride with him.

9 Likes

Some people drive better high :exploding_head:

28 Likes

He was high when told you this ? Lol

5 Likes

Nope nope NOPE!!! We are a huge 420 friendly home my 17 yr old has a medical card as well there is NO DRIVING what so ever!!! It’s not responsible to do so, what does he think he is teaching his children? Could he live with the fact that he injured someone or killed someone? Bad role model and he needs to stop in my opinion. He’s an adult and needs to show responsibility FOR HIS CHILDRENS SAKE

21 Likes

I’d say he’s fine to drive - especially if he’s a daily smoker … You can smoke weed all damn day & still drive safely & pass a field sobriety test … You *can’t drink all day & drive safely or pass a field sobriety test …

It’s illegal BUT for chronic smokers … it doesn’t really make them high … it brings them from low…to normal … if that makes sense

55 Likes

Is this a serious question? Either way you’re impaired while driving. So….

1 Like

I’m sorry leave the man be it’s 10 times safer to drive high then it is drunk getting hyper a lot of people help them drive 10 times better and have a quicker response time because they are paying more attention someone driving while smoking weed is 10 times safer than a sober person

18 Likes

It isn’t safe for weed or drinking :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve been driving “stoned” for over 20 years & NEVER had an accident, don’t judge that you haven’t experienced yourself, SO much safer than having a few drinks & driving

Some of these comments are LAME AF :rofl:

41 Likes

Anybody who thinks drinking and driving and smoking and driving are remotely the same have obviously never smoked.

31 Likes

Your husband is right. :woman_shrugging: There is nothing wrong with driving after smoking… You CAN get a charge for an OVI if something happens which is the same charge you get for drinking, but as there is no breathalyzer for weed and no test tells how recently you’ve smoked they have to either smell it or see it or you have to be very obviously under the influence to even bother with charging you for it…

2 Likes

Some people can drive high and make it to their destination successfully but it’s not a great idea. Some people can’t function so it’s best not to risk it. Driving drunk is worse though IMO

2 Likes

I find it fine as long as their are no children in the car and if you let your man drive after having one drink at dinner Then let this man drive while
Stoned if anything people are more cautious high and nobody can say anything because bud affects everyone differently most people that drive high aren’t high they just feel normal and relaxed

9 Likes

No if he has accident he’ll be intoxicated

Dang there sure are a lot of weed professionals on here who just know what they are talking about😆

2 Likes

Shouldn’t drive if taking any drugs

4 Likes

I drive better after a puff or two, because I have severe anxiety. However, I will not drive if I’ve had more than two drinks. As a long time professional bartender, I agree with your husband.

11 Likes

It really depends on the person. My husband functions perfectly when smoking… no matter what he’s doing. Me, on the other hand, once I smoke, I’m useless. Don’t expect me to move, let alone drive.

10 Likes

Personally I drive better stoned out my mind so there’s that :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Still an oui either way

Still goes down as a DUI to the police I believe

2 Likes

I’d rather be in tbe road with 100 pot heads than 1 drunk! Only thing pot heads do wrong is clog up taco bell drive thru’s

13 Likes

Ive been high since March of 2008. Driving is fine.

30 Likes

I can’t believe yall get high and drive :joy::woman_facepalming: Like, cmon. I won’t even drive if I’ve taken Benedryl. Let alone drive with my freaking kids in the car.

It’s a DUI either way. It’s illegal. Everyone thinks “oh I won’t get caught” but when you do, you’ll regret it. It’s still a DUI.

20 Likes

Safer than a crackhead driving

8 Likes

Ex law enforcement officer here. It’s still a DUID if he gets stopped and they think he’s under the influence of anything.

6 Likes

Is this a real post? Alcohol seriously impedes judgement to such a crazy degree and it’s been PROVEN pot does not … so let’s move on people and by people I mean the OP :rofl:

13 Likes

Personal preference honestly…

i don’t drink and drive ever but i have smoked and driven (when i was like 20 not in almost 6 years) and i was waiting for the stop sign to turn green💀 that’s about it for me it’s not all that dangerous you’re just extra cautious

12 Likes

Smoking weed is nothing. Drinking and driving should just never happen. I’ve smoked for over 15 years and have had 0 problems… honestly makes me more patient with dumb drivers and more cautious. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

Well it’s not going to be ok when they mouth swab him and give him a driving under the influence :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I promise it’s fine :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

It’s definitely Safer then people driving on prescription drugs and nodding out all over die 95 :unamused:

3 Likes

I’d much rather have my husband smoking weed then drinking or doing anything else that’s for sure.

6 Likes

I’ve rarely heard of driving while stoned and having a accident. Let the man smoke and drive and you smoke to … it’s good for your health in all aspects seriously

9 Likes

If it’s legal in your state, I don’t see any issues.

3 Likes

I agree with him. Alcohol is the devil.

4 Likes

Only thing that’s gona happen driving while high is your car is going to end up at every fast food place. :rofl:

12 Likes

The most beautiful drives have been high. I’m more focused.
It’s not for everyone. But… I dont judge people.

10 Likes

Im old school. And i use to smoke And i never had a wreck, never got pull over by the police. And never Road dirty!!! When i was “not” smoking, i was in a couple of wreck.( Fender benders) no one got hurt, or injured, but the car. So know your limitations.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be able to, but I know people who have a high tolerance that it doesn’t bother

1 Like

Also think about if he’s a casual smoker- at that point he isn’t really going to be super “high” like people do that smoke on occasion, probably just more of a calming affect than anything.

5 Likes

Stop comparing weed and alcohol. They are nothing the same

14 Likes

I would definitely have an accident if I was driving while stoned :grimacing:

I’d rather be riding with someone that’s stoned over riding with someone who has been drinking. 💁

19 Likes

Ummm he is just fine :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I say no . Reason is you could be so high to the point where you forget your driving …. :woozy_face:and be at a stop sign for 5 minutes waiting for it to turn green …. How do I know this ? Uhm my past :joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes

I see nothing wrong with smoking smoking don’t impare my abilities at all if anything makes me more cautious how ever drinking I do not see being ok

7 Likes

Holy holy in a dounut. Any that thinks its ok need jailed

14 Likes

Different people have different tolerances. Someone might not be safe to drive after one drink where someone else might be safe to drive after 3. Only he knows his tolerance

2 Likes

My thought are…
How did ppl figure out right from wrong before the internet.
WTF it’s called being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

:woman_facepalming: this is the parents raising the next generation, lord help us all!

6 Likes

I’ve been smoking weed and driving for 40 years. My insurance is the lowest you can get. I keep the speed limit and stop and yield at all signs. I never run a light.

11 Likes

I’m less likely to get a speeding ticket if I’m high

5 Likes

I was an everyday smoker for a long time and USUALLY I was just fine to drive while high. That being said…has anyone commenting on here ever been so high you feel drunk?! Like you are just straight up too high to function? Cause I know I have and that is not safe, no matter what someone says. So I feel like some common sense should be used here. If he is just smoking your average joe weed then I wouldn’t be concerned. Now if he is going into dabs and edibles then his high could reach that “too high to safely drive” level.

9 Likes

This is ridiculous regardless what anyone says even if he accidentally crashes or someone crashed into him and both were swab/tested at road side he would be done. I don’t agree driving under the influence of drink or drugs it’s disgusting and so dangerous to other road users

8 Likes

I used to smoke weed before I got in my race car just to calm me down from the high I was on from getting ready drive. Nothing wrong with want he does. Just enjoying the ride :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I don’t mind anyone drinking or smoking…I’m not judgemental. However that being said…why would you drive under the influence of any drink or drug? Legal or not. Nyquil is also legal and you shouldn’t drive using that…so what makes Marijuana any different? If it impairs your judgment or slowers your reflexes…why risk it or lives of others if you space off and hit another family? Really that hard to stay home and do it? My opinion only.

8 Likes

Old joke (and not entirely inaccurate):

Q: How can you tell which driver on the road has been smoking weed?

A: They’re the one with both hands on the wheel, driving the speed limit, and paying attention to the road.
:rofl::woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

Its NOT ok to drink and drive and its NOT ok to be high and drive. Being mentally impaired when your driving is illegal and is a recipe for disaster.

5 Likes

I’d prefer to drive on the rds with someone who’s had some weed over someone who’s had some drinks
You really can’t compare the 2 imo

8 Likes

:joy: oh girl. When you smoke for 15 plus years, smoking a joint is no different than smoking a cigarette

14 Likes

Not every one gets stoned while smoking cannabis, many use it responsibly and just use small amounts as needed for medical reasons.

7 Likes

Drunk drivers run stop signs. High drivers wait for them to turn green.

24 Likes

I think it depends on how it affects you. I mean you’re not supposed to drive after either, it’s against the law. For myself I will not drive if I have done anything at all because either of them affect me and I do not feel safe or capable. I have friends who can smoke and are 100% normal and fine to drive. It just depends. But again either are technically not okay.

6 Likes

Team Husband… also these comments have me literally LOL’ing :joy:

11 Likes

No that not good my uncle used to do the same thing and he got caught doing it .

Alcohol and marijuana impairment are not the same. It is all about tolerance and the way you’re ingesting the THC. If I smoke driving is fine but edibles or concentrates no way. My parents used to smoke while driving us around as kids, (I don’t condone this, and don’t smoke around my son) and we never got into accidents or got pulled over.

11 Likes

Nope. Not okay at all. I hope you never let him drive your kids around.

6 Likes

No matter what he feels, it is still a DUI or DWI if he gets caught. 🤷

9 Likes

So all the ones saying no… Should a cancer patient not drive ever?? Cuz they could smoke & get hit w dui hours or days later depending. How many of yall eat your prescription meds and go drive?? But that’s okay??

13 Likes

I mean I see people drive high all the time but I would be livid if my kids were in the car. I think it’s irresponsible regardless. Some people are OK and others are not. But if he gets caught it’s definitely not a good thing

Sex after 65 is ok but PULL OFF THE ROAD!

Nope. I don’t care what a person chooses to do (drink or smoke). But to get behind the wheel and put other people’s lives in danger is not cool at all. The worst case scenario is something you would have to live with for the rest of your life.

6 Likes

Just wait until he or one off you kill a child or anyone because you think its ok to get high and drive . Pure mo**go*s

5 Likes

I smoke & drive never once have I ever been in an accident caused by me, or gotten a ticket besides speeding but that was on a highway in a fast car… Sober​:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Weed safer then alcohol

7 Likes

You don’t need my opinion. Surely you already know.

1 Like

I seen people drive worse on prescription meds. :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

I’ve done this a million times. I have a perfect driving record and it’s never impaired me. It’s way safer than drinking. There have been studies on this and the study showed they can’t even tell which drivers had and which hadn’t. And when they did, it was the drivers who were extra cautious.

4 Likes

What am i reading. My head hurts. people really think its ok to take any mind altering drug and drive. I hope u all get caught before u take away someones life.

3 Likes

Smoking weed and driving while still impair your driving

Studies have shown that you have a slower reaction time after using cannabis. And legally it’s still impaired driving.

2 Likes

Driving under any type of influence is not okay. I can guarantee if you get pulled over, the officer isn’t going to say “Oh it’s pot, you’re fine”. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m with your husband, I will smoke drive daily!

4 Likes

Tell him to get his medical card lol he’ll be fine

2 Likes

As a police officer, I have worked too many crashes from impaired drivers, many unfortunately, were fatality crashes. Some are saying they aren’t affected as much but the brains response to what is happening slows during the consumption of marijuana. An average persons total reaction time is a combined time of 1.5 seconds to perceive what’s happening and then another 1.5 seconds to react to what is happening equaling a total of 3 seconds. Someone under the influence of marijuana actually has a total reaction time of 5-6 seconds. With any medication of altering substances, It is unsafe to operate a motor vehicle.

17 Likes

Weed isn’t alcohol. It’s medicinal and doesn’t effect your ability to function when used responsibly.

8 Likes