My husband times me when I leave and gets mad when I don't answer: Advice?

I need help on addressing these issues with my husband.I can’t ever talk or text someone without him constantly leaning over or asking who I’m talking to and why. Everytime I leave to go somewhere, he’ll “time” me, saying you’ve been gone for 38 minutes or he will constantly call or text me while I’m gone.Another is, if he calls me and I’m busy, he will constantly call back to back until I answer. I’ve told him so many times to stop doing all of this. That it’s literally making me go crazy. He just started doing this all within the last few months. It’s to the point where I think about leaving him. I cannot do anything without him questioning me on why, what or where all I went. This is taking a huge toll on myself and marriage. What can I do before I finally say f*ck it and leave?

287 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband times me when I leave and gets mad when I don't answer: Advice?

You get what you put up with and I wouldn’t tolerate that behavior.

3 Likes

Do it right back so he sees how annoying it is

7 Likes

I would be concerned if it’s not usual. I hope he isn’t cheating

13 Likes

He’s cheating… so he’s sure you are too. Just a hunch… but it was true for me. I’ve been out a long time.

26 Likes

U call that a guilty conscious…

17 Likes

He is currently cheating and keeping tabs on you

13 Likes

Controlling nxt level i would not put up with that at all he does not own you ,he cheating this os why hes doing it

5 Likes

Was in that very same situation and it only gets worse. Leave!

5 Likes

It only gets worse. Nothing you do will make it get better. The only thing you can do is leave him

3 Likes

Hes cheating. Leave.

9 Likes

First thing that came to mind is that he cheated and now he has a bunch of guilt. He’s thinking if I can find her cheating then it won’t be so bad.

5 Likes

Thats controlling, it’s technically abusive, and he might be projecting something bad that he’s doing

3 Likes

Had this same problem with my first husband. He started it out of no where and being very controlling. I’d found out he’d been cheating… not just 1, 2 or 3 times but multiple times… I hope this isn’t your situation but something to look at.

6 Likes

Usually that happens when they are doing something they shouldn’t be. He starts pointing fingers and don’t realize he has 3 pointing back at him

8 Likes

Go ahead and change all of your passwords now and open a separate bank account to have access to. This behavior escalates quickly. And it can become dangerous.

13 Likes

Time to go…did you ignore the red flags before you got married because you were desperate to be a…wife…:thinking:

1 Like

Was he this way before you married?

Oh I’d leave immediately

1 Like

He’s projecting. He’s doing something shady

2 Likes

Run for the hills!! Yeah sounds like he’s cheating.

1 Like

Hope not cheating my ex did that what u going through he was cheating. I’m sorry going through this

2 Likes

I’d never answer. Sorry…I don’t do over the top BS. You’re not his subordinate.

1 Like

He’s controlling and trying to find reasons to find you at fault because he’s done something. My ex was the same way, hence why he’s an ex.

5 Likes

Can leave anytime smd I would suggest just that

Either he’s insecure, it’s a habit, or it could be anxiety.

1 Like

Start doing it to him

1 Like

This would not be okay with me AT ALL! What is HE DOING to make him so paranoid??? Nope, I’d tell h to kiss my ass.

1 Like

If he is so concerned let him go with you grocery shopping

1 Like

Sounds like he’s guilty of something. Go to therapy together or leave it’s only going to get worse.

5 Likes

He’s paranoid about you because he’s doing sketchy shit himself. Time to snoop through HIS shit. Time to TIME HIM. Question who HES talking to

Try having an adult conversation, see why he’s acting like a 16 yr old .

Save all your call logs

2 Likes

He’s Cheating ¡!!!¡!!!¡

3 Likes

Sadly people that are cheating do this as thwy have something to hide and will always behave in this way check his phone and apps, id he isnt guilty which is more than likely is have u done anything to make him mistrust u xx

4 Likes

Hes a controlling narcissist find a new one

3 Likes

For my experience, when they start acting like this, they are up to no good.
Which is why they come at you like this, because he knows what he is doing and is making sure you don’t do it to him. Just from my experiences!!

10 Likes

It sounds like he’s cheating & his guilty conscience is making him think you are too

4 Likes

My husband started with this kind of behavior and he was the one cheating. Had been for going on 2 yrs…. I’m PRAYING that’s not the case for you because honestly it’s the worst thing I’ve EVER been through. :broken_heart: :pray:t2:

1 Like

Honey fucking run! That is abuse. Your a grown woman. You do not need to be “monitored” which means controlled. My ex was like this. Your husband will never change. Leave him fast!:running_woman::running_woman::running_woman::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

Sounds like he’s cheating on you and trying to keep tabs on your so you don’t find out what he’s up to.

4 Likes

My opinion he cheated on you. Now he’s feeling guilty and trying to be toxic and controlling! Id talk to him tell him what’s really going on? I would reverse this on him when he leaves do that all to him. Or honestly I’d leave take my things and go. Divorce in the making

2 Likes

Guilty conscience maybe. Him I mean

1 Like

Yikes, he’s suddenly acting that way… he’s probably feeling guilty/insecure over something he did. That’s toxic behavior don’t put up with it.

1 Like

Whats a relationship with NO trust?

1 Like

i do allllll and i mean ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of what you said. but i do it because of my own insecurities from the past. if yall hadn’t been together for a while i’d say it could be from past relationship trauma, but seems how it just randomly started… id side with everyone else….

1 Like

Nope. I would NEVER let him treat me that way. Wierd that he just started acting like this :thinking: Have a talk with him but if he doesn’t quit then you have to do what’s best for you. There’s got to be a reason for it. I’m all for trying to work it out but he DEFINITELY has to stop it.

1 Like

Guilty conscience. He’s cheating, leave him

2 Likes

If this is new than his guilty conscience is telling him you are too guilty of doing something

2 Likes

Do it to him and if continues
Leave my ex was like that I had to get out he became controlling as well it got bad I couldn’t even go to wrk without him texting or calling me every 5 minutes
I found out he was talking to another woman on line trying to meet up with her it’s sad but true .!!!
So I called her the day I was leaving and bought her a bus ticket to come see him told her she can have him and she’s welcome to stay at the apartment . She showed up

1 Like

I was with a man for 10 years and all of a sudden this started…found out he was cheating. Good luck

2 Likes

Ya might want to check up on him and see what HE is up too.

1 Like

Just go and save yourself the Hassel of being with a man who has to control you

3 Likes

So sorry … I only read the first line … RUN

1 Like

Go through his phone. Watch u find something that his been doing behind your back is why he thinks your doing something behind his back his cheating

9 Likes

Sounds like he’s guilty of something. Especially if it’s only something new he started. I’ve seen it first hand. Personally I’d leave :woman_shrugging:t3: too many red flags and hes fuckinng with your peace. Not how a relationship is suppose to be

3 Likes

I agree with everyone, if it randomly started, he cheated.

2 Likes

Um…he is controlling you!! I would leave!!

1 Like

Leave it will get worse not better

Uhmm have your previously cheated, if not maybe he is…

6 Likes

Sounds like he has a severe guilty conscience

3 Likes

Sounds like a guilty conscience to me maybe he’s the one cheating

He’s doing this becaise HES the one who should be checked upon! Pay attention,

4 Likes

Sounds like control and jealousy issues. Or maybe he has a guilty conscience of his own.

1 Like

If you don’t have trust you don’t have a marriage !

My ex did this to me when he was cheating.
Please just run, that behavior will only get worse.

3 Likes

Control is a form of abuse. Been there. Get out while you can!

3 Likes

He is cheating, leave

3 Likes

Tell him if he so worried then both of you need life360 on your phones and he can see where you are and vice versa. If he objects somethings up

6 Likes

He’s projecting his guilt on you. I’d keep an eye on him and his phone.

3 Likes

Guilty conscious. He’s projecting. Start giving him that same energy and see his reaction. Either way, leave.

3 Likes

Narcissist!!! His way of controlling you! Leave him but expect him to stalk you. He has to be ready to let you go before he will leave you alone and I don’t think he’s there yet. Voice of experience!

If it just started in the last few months, has anything changed other than his behavior since then? Any hard life events or deaths? Not that it validates what he is doing.

My first thought when you said its only been happening for a few months and not your whole marriage is that he has a guilty conscience and its eating him alive. I would be super concerned since the behavior is tipping on extreme. Weigh your options. And do what you think is best. No one deserves to be controlled like that.

5 Likes

Oof… leave… immediately

it seems you have a narcissist who is just now very sure of his assertion over you. run away. fast. it will only get worse. way worse.
good luck.

Talk to a therapist before you make any decisions. Try to get him to go with you sone of the time to dig deep into your relationship. A therapist may be able to help him figure out why he is acting this way, unless he is feeling guilty.

1 Like

My husband used to do this. It took many times of telling him to deal with it. I would stay gone longer and longer just to piss him off. I also would give him a dose of his own medicine from time to time. He hated it. I won’t be controlled. Eventually he got the hint and doesn’t do it anymore.

He’s dealing with his own issues and putting that on her. If I was his wife I’d be checking in his whereabouts and what he’s up to. A person comfortable with themselves won’t accuse another

8 Likes

Don’t waste your time on a toxic immature man go get a real one. Women need to stop settling for horse shit.

Match his energy. Start questioning him and calling him constantly at work lol Time him when he is out etc.

5 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: u better run and run fast he’s putting his guilty Conscious on you

1 Like

I had that problem with my ex. Found out he was cheating on me when he was doing this shit. Just leave. He’s trying to control you.

My dad did this to my … he was cheating

If it’s honestly something that’s just started happening within the past couple of months then he’s probably dabbling with something he shouldn’t be. Be aware and pay attention to his down time. But if he has always been like this then he is insecure and needs to address HIS issues.

1 Like

You know what you gotta do mama, I would suggest life 360 and if he objects to that then say why are you feeling so guilty, also you should start texting calling timing and checking on him as hes texting . If you’re already considering leaving him then I think you should consider to considered to do so if it doesn’t get better

1 Like

His guilt is building up. If it started outta nowhere, he’s guilty of something or he’s doing something that he shouldn’t be doing.

1 Like

Sounds like he cheated to be honest. My ex started doing that after he cheated on me. Either way in not healthy . I would leave nobody should control someone like that. It’s abusive behavior.

1 Like

Have you gave him reason?

he’s guilty of something…

2 Likes

Go he is a control freak

Abuse. Also sounds like he’s cheating and projecting onto you

5 Likes

I’d say narcissist like everyone else but if it just started I highly doubt that’s the case considering they will be narcissistic from the beginning. My gut is leaning on guilty conscience on his part. Try one more conversation. If things don’t change walk away if your not happy

2 Likes

My dad this. He was cheating on my mother.

This is abuse and it will only worsen. Leave now, but consult a women’s shelter on how to do it safely. Aggression often worsens right after the abused spouse leaves.

Yes usually if he’s on you like that he has a guilty conscience for sure so he wants to make you look bad to some how, believe me I’ve been there!

2 Likes

He’s probably started cheating about the time he started this with you. You need to check him out. Been there done that

1 Like

I’d leave right now. If he is all of a sudden being insecure there is a reason for it. Either he started being insecure because he thinks you’re cheating or because he is cheating so he is projecting that in to you. Or he is just a crazy person and he’s just now letting you see it. It will only get worse from here. I speak from experience. :grimacing: Nothing good can come from that.

2 Likes

I’d say he’s guilty of something or needs some serious counseling. Never and I mean never tolerate that crap from a man.

2 Likes

Match the energy!! He will back off once he feels how he is making you feel. If he gets defensive then you know why he’s doing it to you and you might want to consider leaving then.

1 Like