My husband told me he was in love with his best friend

Staying in a loveless marriage is also a broken home. Remember that. I think you should let him go. Say your peace and just separate

5 Likes

Don’t make your children grow up in a home filled with hate or resentment.
He’s “Away”? Drugs and alcohol? Get your kids out of that situation too. I grew up with an alcoholic father who was more interested in drinking and spending time in the bar than having a family.
It sounds like he’s made up his mind so it’s time for you to do what you need to for yourself and your kids.

4 Likes

Let him… let them…
. And go find happiness. It’ll be okay. Ik it hurts but it’s better to go now than wait and keep hurting.

4 Likes

Because he is gone to get treatment it’s the best time to pack and move and when and if he does get home then he doesn’t have to worry about being with you or not cause you made the choice for him

if both wants each other then let her have all the stress and cheating

If he cheating with you he will cheat on her

First you need to stop making excuses for him. He told you he’s in love with someone else so face it. Now you need to think about you and the kids. Broken homes can still be happy homes for your kids unless you make it bad for them. Do amicable co-parenting and move on. You can’t force someone to love you :woman_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

Everything will fall into place. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Take this time to take care of yourself also!!! We get wrapped up in our kids and husbands and jobs and household responsibilities that we often put ourselves on the back burner. Go get your hair done at a nice place, buy a new outfit that makes you feel beautiful and sexy, get your nails done and just do any and everything you can think of to take care of yourself. This alone should remind your husband who he fell in love with and married. Having young kids is so hard and it’s so easy to get lost. Try to get some quality time alone with your husband to focus on your marriage and light that flame again. A weekend away or even an evening out. In the end if he has decided to leave the marriage, you will get through that also and end up with a man who loves you more than anything. You will get through this. The more you take care of yourself, the easy this will be. Don’t let yourself sink into a black hole of misery. Mind over matter. You can do this!

1 Like

A “broken home” is better than being raised in a toxic environment where the people are only together bc of the kids. You and your kids deserve a loving home, with a partner who wants to provide that environment for you and the kids.

1 Like

If he is being diagnosed with four different things I am sure she won’t want him!!

Two good homes is better than one rocky one

5 Likes

It is already broken. Let him go and let yourself heal.

9 Likes

The home is all ready broken at this point he’s in love with someone else you need to just let it go now before you end up even more hurt

4 Likes

A broken home isn’t defined by separated parents. Your children will be better off with two healthy parents

10 Likes

First of all his best friend should never have been another female…let him go. You deserve more and she’s a dirty B for taking advantage of your kindness.

9 Likes

If you are not his best friend, your home was broken from the beginning. Let him go and find your true best friend.

13 Likes

Home is already broken. He cheated and he admitted to being in love with someone else. He’s going to continue cheating

5 Likes

dump him you will resent him

3 Likes

Get a lawyer. Don’t leave your home. File for separation. Protect yourself legally and the kids.

6 Likes

You’re kids are already in a broken home. He is in love with her you can’t change that

7 Likes

Just because yall don’t stay together doesn’t mean it’s a broken home. Trying to stay in a marriage where one of yall are not committed anymore… that’s a broken home.

4 Likes

Shake the other woman’s hand and take him for everything you can get. Cheaters never quit so give him to her so she can find out what he is.

1 Like

Broken home is better than a home that doesn’t have love

1 Like

Just because parents aren’t together, doesn’t mean that it’s a broken home. Trust me.
Stop making excuses for him. If he is in love with someone else, let him be.

2 Likes

If he told you that he’s in love with someone else, why would you stay? Don’t put yourself through that. You deserve more than to be someone’s 2nd best. Focus on self love and taking care of your children. A better man will come along and love you CORRECTLY. Let him go and he will eventually see that the grass isn’t greener on the other side, and when he comes crawling back, reject him and tell him that you’re in love with someone else.
Also, are you sure the baby you watched overnight isn’t HIS? I’d be doing an at-home DNA test the next time I babysat :woozy_face::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Unfortunately all the time and work you’ve put into your relationship doesn’t mean anything when the other person is no longer invested. It’s not that it doesn’t mean anything it’s just that it’s not enough to make him stay. Is it worth it to try and make your husband and yourself AND your children miserable by forcing yourselves to stay together for the kids? That never ends well. You’ll just inflict trauma on yourself and children. Let him go.

Better come from a broken home than live in one :confused:

10 Likes

A divorced home isn’t a broken home a home where the parents don’t love each other is a broken home

8 Likes

He’s in love with someone else. Move on! You’ll be glad you did!

4 Likes

Before we got married, I told him that IF he EVER got Stupid and cheated on me, ((keeping in mind there are different ways of cheating besides what’s behind a zipper,)) that he better make sure she wanted him…
Cuz he wasn’t coming home…

1 Like

You don’t mention whether she is in love with him? He may have been in the friend zone forever with this woman and just can’t deal with romantic rejection from her. However, regardless of whether she reciprocates his feelings, he has made his feelings toward you clear. He isn’t in love with you. Get out of the relationship and work on providing a decent co-parenting relationship with him when he gets back.

Let him go ok move on

But how does she feel?

1 Like

Just because you’re together, doesn’t mean your kids wouldn’t grow up in a broken home because how do you ever trust him? I doubt he will ever cut her out of his life, so why stay if it’s just going to show a different kind of broken? They deserve to see happiness, especially from their parents.

“Away getting help”, yeah ok. Kick him to the curb for your kids AND you!

5 Likes

You let evil in already, it’s a broken home regardless. You can raise kids in separate homes. That don’t change your parenting. That’s just an excuse ppl use. Goodluck hun :sparkles:

You cannot force someone to love you.

1 Like

Imo the home has already been broken. Time to show your kids how to be strong and know your worth.

2 Likes

run your kids would be better without him

1 Like

Start checking lawyers and get yourself tested and file now. That doesn’t mean in the future things can’t work out but for now you need to protect yourself and your children. He’s already having an emotional affair. Do you want to stay with him and have your kids grow up in a super dysfunctional family that affects generations of your family? Are you gonna save up money for the therapy to undo what they learned? Bc that is what will happen if you rugsweep.

2 Likes

Let him go. Karma will come.

1 Like

A broken home can also be 2 people trying to make something work that is no longer working. A happy home is best. And a happy home needs a happy mama so take care of yourself and those babies. Show them how to be strong even when you’re hurting.

9 Likes

Do you want your children to grow up in a happy home, with a happy Mom? Something to think about.
YOU GOT THIS!!!
It’s time to move on. This husband was just a part of your growing up. Eventually you will meet THE 1 and he will LOVE YOU!:heart:

2 Likes

A home where things are bad between the parents is much worse then divorced parents moving on with their lives and being happy

6 Likes

Sometimes it’s better to show your kids it’s okay to be apart and be healthy rather than settle for what’s not meant for you.

3 Likes

No need to put yourself through this…You will damage yourself for a person who is not in love with you.Its not worth it

4 Likes

Fyi- “men” like this are the reason females don’t like their boyfriends/husband’s having female friends. What a shit person.

1 Like

Please don’t stay just because of the kids , if you do you are showing your kids the wrong kind of love to look for as they get other , you would be hurting them more if you stayed. Show them to know what their worth is by showing them you know what your worth is.

4 Likes

Your children growing up in a house where the grown ups don’t love each other will cause so much more damage than you being a single parent. Your home isn’t broken, you fixed it. Cheating partner GONE.

2 Likes

Let me guess… she’s unavailable too. He’s with her. Dear sweet mama… please save yourself. You already are in a broken home. Don’t pretend. I know it burns like hell fire, but your kids need you to step up.

2 Likes

I understand that you don’t want your kids to grow up in a broken home but a home wherehe doesn’t love you and is in love with his best friend that’s not a healthy home either so let him go with his best friend you’ll be better off without him that someone that you deserve that love you and only you and I would never look at her again you babysat her kids to welcome to run your home and that’s what she did to you shame on her

1 Like

Not every “broken home” is broken. Some times it’s fixed.

8 Likes

Sometimes loving yourself means letting go of the one you love for your own health and sanity.

5 Likes

Tell him you’ll miss her kids and he’ll miss his and move on immediately, if he thinks the grass is greener let him graze on it, oh and of course get tested for std’s

4 Likes

Having your children grow up in a “broken home” is better than them growing up in a unhappy home. Personally I would walk away. He might have things going on with him but that is absolutely no reason for his behavior to be excused.

11 Likes

You said he’s in love with her, but didn’t necessarily convey that they’re in a relationship or if she even feels the same way. Did he cheat? Or is he just being honest about his feelings? Because those are very different things. Either way, it seems the relationship is pretty much over. You may not want your kids to have a broken home, but do you really think that normalizing a loveless marriage is a better alternative? If you’re still on good terms, than end it on good terms. You’re children deserve to see the best of both of you. No need to become angry and bitter at each other. You may not feel this way, or realize it at this moment, but he did you a favor.

U won’t allow ur kids to be in a broken home? I wouldnt want to force a man to love me when he clearly doesn’t and I damn sure wouldn’t want to bring my kids up in a home of unfaithfulness and arguments and learn to hate.

A happy home is better imo

1 Like

Smh girl get on about your business and it does not include him. CUT your losses

3 Likes

Leave him. Your home is broken by you staying with an unloyal mess of a man

6 Likes

It’s already broken

Let him go

1 Like

A broken home is not one where one partner is gone. Its not giving enough love to your kids. Look ive been a single mom for way too long, I gaurentee my kids have so much love that the term broken home doesn’t not mean two parents together. If he needs help, go get it, figure things out on his own. Dont be the one who drags your kids into his problems. They don’t deserve that.

1 Like

No offense but your home is already broken and is only going to be detrimental to your kids. If he confessed he is “in love” with her then he has already been cheating on you for a while. Be smarter and stop feeling bad for him and use potential diagnoses to excuse his behavior. Time to move on, he is not in love with you anymore.

6 Likes

Urgh I hate the term broken home. :unamused: it would be a broken home if the mom and dad living together shouldn’t be together. Now that shut is broken for sure. Only you can answer your own questions. Only you know if u can forgive. I mean you can totally be in live with more than one person and not act on it. But I would definitely sit down and talk about this “issue” before I made any decisions on whether to leave or not. Good luck hun x

You say he is having health problems. Meds and pain make you think of something that might be better, but not. I love my bff, but I love my hubby more. He was and will always be there for me. He is my anchor. Talk to her, it may not be reciprocated. Medical problems cause mental problems also

2 Likes

Don’t beg a man to love you. Take your pride and walk away.

2 Likes

Not right I’d leave :broken_heart::pray:

Seriously sounds like you’re about to dodge a huge bullet. You love him? Great. Love him from afar n wish him the best… but love yourself and your kids more.

5 Likes

And gues what he’d be done in my book
I bet she wouldn’t dare choose him Ppl be having a lot of ish with themselves

Better to have a broken home than broken parents

8 Likes

He’s cheated already emotionally at least. You will never trust him again. Just leave.

1 Like

A divorced home isn’t a broken home - the home they’re currently in is. Having an undiagnosed, or diagnosed illness, or 4, is no excuse for being a shit human. You still loving him is honestly irrelevant if he doesn’t want to be with you. You loving yourself enough to leave them both to their shitty behavior is relevant though, and it’s quite honestly the only thing that matters right now, as that’s where your strength will come from to stand up for yourself and your children - which is what they will remember. There will be a domino effect that happens regardless of the choice you make. That domino effect can strengthen you and your children or it can break you and continue the cycle into their lives. The choice is yours. :black_heart:

Do you really want him if he wants someone else??? I could not bear to be with a man whode wanting someone else. Noone wants to be second choice. I just dont think a married person should be best friend with one of opposite sex. You set your standard…if you can live like that, not much advice will you take.

1 Like

Broken homes aren’t just seperated parents, your home already sounds broken. Leave him and move on your kids need to see their mom loved properly

4 Likes

Why my mom would say, don’t bring friends over. NEVER DID.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s your choice to make ? He told you how he feels and has shown you…wouldn’t be surprised if this has been going on behind your back the whole time. There’s no broken as long as there’s love…seeing their mom not be loved and respected is what will harm them.

3 Likes

There is nothing to do when someone doesn’t love you anymore, the faster you accept it the better will be for all , it’s not even relevant who he is in love with because still not you .
A friendly divorce is the healthiest thing to do , you can still support him about whatever issues he has because not matter what you will be family forever.
And please do not use your kids and the broken home narrative to stay , your kids will be more happy growing on two different homes but with love and respect than growing up on a unhappy one .

2 Likes

Broken home is 100% better than a broken MOTHER

12 Likes

Once a cheater always a cheater !!

Leave, he’ll realize that the Grass isnt greener on the other side. Maybe you’ll realize you deserve better by then or you can revisit the relationship.

3 Likes

You claim you don’t want your children to grow up in a broken home. You are already doing that! Seeing parents that aren’t I live with each other or fighting or cheating is very unhealthy and think of what it will teach your children. Also, YOU deserve better. Sorry :disappointed:

3 Likes

It’s better for your kids to be in separate homes then for you guys to be together for them. They will know and think this is how relationships are supposed to be like. Don’t ever beg or try to convince someone to stay with you. He loves someone else then let him go and find someone you deserve who actually loves you.

It’s better for kids to live in a broken home rather than an unhappy home.

1 Like

It’s only a broken home if you allow it to be you can co parent together and give them a full life. My husband and I are sperated have been for years but we are still friends.

I think the main thing you’ve said here is “was”

When was this? Are you willing to help him get through whatever he’s going through if he wants things to work with you? If he’s not sure where his loyalty lies then personally I’d pause things & tell him to get help then if you both want the marriage go to councilling

Your home is already broken and your kids know it and can feel it please find your happiness

3 Likes

Wise words from my Depp “if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.” And that’s what he did. Kick him out n let her have him

18 Likes

Just bc a mom and dad are in a home together doesn’t mean it’s not broken! A “broken home” can be anywhere!

14 Likes

Aww :frowning: heartbreaking :broken_heart: xx
If u love him let him go and carry on with ur life…
Be grateful he told u direct

2 Likes

Girl if he hasn’t already slept with her (which he probably has) he’s still emotionally gone from your relationship already.

2 Likes

Best you and your children move on.

1 Like

Hear me out… An unhappy home is a broken home. They are better off in 2 happy homes than in one unhappy/stressful one. They can sense that.

23 Likes

Better a broken home then a home where your kids don’t see love and affection. Not to mention kids are way smarter than people give them credit for they watch how you guys act and you’re setting them up for how they should be treated as adults by their partners

5 Likes

It’s already broken you need to build your strength up mentally and grow from there don’t live for a pretend marriage live for you and your children .

9 Likes

No diagnoses is a reason to cheat, period! He’s told you he’s in Love with someone else, let him go. A broken home is fine if your kids have the right love and support from both parents. Your worth more then this

6 Likes

I think I saw you posting on another site.
Him getting help= good.

You getting Shitte on by everyone= not good.

You need to make an action plan that centers You and your children.

You are the group of 3 that no one else is focused on.

What is broken about a home with only one parent? By whose or what standards must we stay? Even when we clearly aren’t In love ?

I’m intrigued by this standard of “you must absolutely stay together” his told you his in love with someone else. Your home has probably been a little different in the children a eyes anyway.

You know what makes a broken home? 2 people who aren’t in love staying together for the kids and creating a toxic environment because they can’t just separate and co parent. X

5 Likes

From my experience, as both the child and the parent, broken is better than unhappy

4 Likes

If he’s in love with someone else. Do you really want to try and force him to Stay?
Even if he has things wrong with him . He wants someone else.
Not trying to be mean . But I personally wouldn’t want to stay with a man who doesn’t want me and is with me for the kids. Cause he’ll start cheating if he’s not already.

If my husband told me this. I would have him leave and file for divorce. I won’t ever be second.

6 Likes

It’s better for your kids to grow up in a broken home than an unhappy home.

3 Likes

Your home is already broken if he loves another woman

9 Likes

I hate when people refer to single parents having a “broken home”

It’s not.

You know what’s a broken home. Having a house full of people who shouldn’t be together and bleed that toxic energy into their kids.

That is a broken home.

11 Likes