My husband told me he was in love with his best friend

A broken home is better than an emotional distraught not lovimg home. Just if you divorce take him for everything you can, you dodnt cheat he did.

1 Like

I’ve been in a broken home for 34 years married now and a total of 36 years together, I’m finally filing for divorce, my kids have suffered enough with the broken home relationship that I’ve tried to keep going, it’s not worth it to the kids

4 Likes

It is better to have a split home than a toxic one. As time goes on in this situation you are likely to grow resentful and suspicious and it will become unbearable.

4 Likes

I couldn’t stay with a man who is in love with another woman - that’s torture to live everyday feeling like you are not good enough! Your children deserve a happy focused mom!

7 Likes

The worse thing anyone can do is " stay for the sake of the children" they feel your energy, your sadness your anger; I’ve been there and learned the hard way, let him go it wasn’t meant to be, be happy ALONE with your children until one day you meet your soul mate " he wasn’t it"

9 Likes

It’s broken now. Are you sure her kids aren’t also his?

7 Likes

You’re stronger than you think, know you’re worth yes it’s hard when you’ve got history together, see I’m currently in the mixed of a 30 year relationship, not sure myself how thing’s are going to turn out. Have faith in yourself moving forward ain’t easy nor is sitting in one spot.

2 Likes

Your home is already broken. Getting him diagnosed with things are not going to change him being in love with someone other than you.

6 Likes

Your children are already growing up in a broken home, even though you didn’t break it. The fact that he’s telling you it’s not just a physical affair, but that he feels he’s in love with her would make it a deal-breaker for me.

13 Likes

That’s why you never let another women in your home to much, you should of put a stop.to all.the help and etc a long time ago I believe there was a fed.flag at some point …that you knew something wasn’t right

Sometimes it’s better to grow up in a broken home than a broken relationship☹️

4 Likes

If he is in love with another woman then you need to to move on. You and the kids deserve better than that!
Don’t stay just because of the kids.

4 Likes

Dont think of it as one broken home, but two loving homes. It’s not worth staying in a one sided relationship, not even for the kids. It hurts but cut the cord and start healing, you guys can still coparent through it.

5 Likes

Take ur kids and leave I bet He’s already been with her her kids might be his

1 Like

Sweetheart if he has been doing everything for her, most likely he’s been sleeping with her. And they’ve used you as the babysitter. I’m so sorry you are going through this. The best advice I have is believe him. Just because he’s going through things doesn’t justify him previously cheating on you, or being in love with his best friend. Begin setting yourself up the best you can, co parent peacefully for the sake of your children, and build a great like for you and them. Good vibes and good luck.

4 Likes

So the home can be broken even if you stay together.

1 Like

Your home is already broken…your children need a happy home…

1 Like

Honey if he loves her it’s already broken. However y’all can still work three issues and be friends and coparents. You deserve to find someone who loves you so don’t sell yourself a life with no love . It’s hard but it can be done . Love your self enough to let go. You can still help him and be there. Just allow yourself some time and space also for you .

4 Likes

Forcing it to work is a form of being broken to. It’s probably time to let go for right now. Right now doesn’t mean forever though. It could or couldn’t. You deserve to be loved the way you love him. And if he’s in love with someone else then you deserve that too. Even if hard to do.

Do not stay just for kids. They’ll be better off after this. Be positive w the situation explain it like they get 2 of everything now. My kids thought 2 Christmas was greatness. They were old enough to know what was happening and now their teens and thriving. Don’t settle for less than you deserve.

1 Like

It’s only a broken home when there is no love. You can’t make him love you So let him go before you actually Are in a broken home with resentment and animosity towards each other. That’s what a broken home is.

4 Likes

A loveless home is already broken :broken_heart:

1 Like

But you’re not happy!! Why are you staying? Because you love him? Is your love enough for him?no, so whatever you do he will not stay

If he is mentally unstable as it seems you are hinting to …I would ride this rollercoaster for a minute to see after the dust settles what is actually happening.

3 Likes

If his heart isn’t there your children will grow up in a loveless home. Staying together for the kids isn’t always the better option.

Better a broken up home than teaching them when they grow up they aren’t worth real honest love
As for you you also deserve real honest love the kids will know anyways

4 Likes

No one wakes up and decides to have a broken home. I’d rather have my children growing up in a broken healthy home than a toxic unhleathy home that will cause them more damage than anything.

He said his piece… let him go and move on with your life. I promise it will be more rewarding than you know.

8 Likes

You are already in a broken home….I’m wondering does she feel the same? Has he cheated?

1 Like

In this case Divorce him.get your . life togather.

Staying together for the kids has never worked in anyone’s favor. As much as it sucks if your husband is telling you he’s in love with someone else, it’s time to move on. Period. Mental illness doesn’t make someone fall in love with someone else…

4 Likes

You can’t focus on a “broken home” because parents who aren’t happy cause way more damage than co-parenting wonderfully. You two don’t know anything else but each other … he cheated in college… he isn’t happy or feeling complete. Kids don’t make a happy home and kids are no excuse to stay where you aren’t wanted or valued. Let him find who he is without you and what makes him happy. He … nor you… have not been able to do that. If it works out for a while… cool. But statistically if you have been with him since before high school, the rate of successful long term marriages/relationships are not very high at all. Cheating is a huge thing. Which is evident already. He is IN LOVE with another woman. I’d never trust him after that confession AND he already broke your trust…. It’s an unhappy pattern. This has NOTHING to do with you or your ability to be a wife and mother… it’s a case of he probably has outgrown the relationship

1 Like

A broken home is no longer defined by divorce. A broken home looks a lot of different ways these days, including a home where one or both parents are unhappy, fighting and arguing, cheating…

Don’t stay with a man who doesn’t value you just because you’re married and/or have children. That not only does irreparable damage to you, but also to your children. He sets the example for your children on what a man is.

It sounds like he showed you what you mean to him years ago… when he cheated the first time.

6 Likes

I’m sorry but if y’all have been together since pre teens, then y’all should be best friends. And what’s wrong with a broken home. Love is what children need

4 Likes

It’s better to come from a broken than to grow up in a broken home.

7 Likes

Give it some time people are so quick to say leave and give up. You’ll never find a perfect situation that’s where people go wrong thinking there’s some beautiful picture perfect happiness out there waiting for them but that’s just not how life really is.

Get a damn good lawyer and make sure you and kids are taken care of. What a douche

It’s only “broken” if you don’t ‘fix’ it, which DOES NOT always mean staying with said person.
Remember what you want to teach your babies, yes, you love their father & should always remind them he is a great man, with great skills & knowledge etc (because when you tell your kids otherwise you’re telling them that half of them is ‘bad’ too) but you want to show them you love YOU & them enough to put yourself in a position to be real with them, to show them true love, to show them not everything goes to plan, that everyone has a different story, that something can be SO hard, but you have to never settle & you CAN & WILL come back stronger from this.

Show your babies the kind of relationship you want them to have one day, this isn’t it I’m betting :heart:

It’s so hard & so scary, but YOUVE GOT THIS MAMA :bear: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Staying for the children is a big mistake so is forcing him to stay. Separating and staying friends and working together is the best solution.

4 Likes

A broken home is where two people stay together while their children watch them suffer and then grow up to be broken adults because they don’t know what it means to actually love someone. Kids are smart, they can feel it…

11 Likes

A broken home is better then a home with fighting and arguing. If he’s not in love with you anymore there’s not much you can do about it except leave and move on. Many kids are raised in single parent homes but they still see their other parent also and there’s nothing wrong with that.

4 Likes

Just because you are both under the same roof
Does not mean it isn’t broken

9 Likes

Mam and dad not living together isn’t a broken home a broken home is when parents don’t respect each other amd children’s.needs arnt met xx

6 Likes

Well it will be good for kids to see each parent thriving and happy, so sometimes2 homes is ok. If you and your husband has ent had a life besides each other it’s natural to grow and change and sometimes that means apart. I would suggest that you two try counseling and w how each of you feel . If he’s done than you have to accept that and move forward and a Therapist can help you all transition. Good luck.

1 Like

A broken home is better then an unhappy one love. I hope he gets some help and no matter what happens you find peace with all of this.

5 Likes

DO NOT STAY MARRIED FOR YOUR KIDS!!! My parents stayed together for me and my brothers. You want love in your home now saying I didn’t have that but there came a time where it was over and they stayed together for way longer than they should have bc of us. And I am not saying you need a divorce either……

2 Likes

Love is a choice, not a feeling. He chose you. It is his responsibility to always choose you. It’s not always hard and it’s not always easy. There will be ups and downs. I admire you for not wanting a broken home for your children. This is a rough patch, it doesn’t have to be the end.

2 Likes

Better broken then based on deceit

2 Likes

You don’t want a “broken home” for the kids but you want them to grow up in a home of secrets betrayal , resentment, and arguing, sorry but he already broke it

10 Likes

My last month’s Online earning was $14593 just by doing an easy job Online. I have joined this job about 3 months ago and in my first month i have made $12k+. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out… Read Here

===>>> https://dollarnetcash1040.pages.dev/

Better to grow up in a broken home than a dysfunctional home - they’ll make their own assessments & opinions of their parents as time progresses …

9 Likes

Don’t stay with someone that don’t love you .he told you straight out that he is in love with someone else .you trying to " fix " it is not going to work because it take two .better to grow up in a " happy home " than to grow up in a " broken home "

11 Likes

A home will always be “broken” when the marriage that holds the home together is failing. Children see and feel, everything you do. Keep that in mind. Class. Grace. Dignity.

11 Likes

Why would you want kids to come up in a loveless marriage,if he cheated once he will do it again.

It takes 2 people to make a marriage work… you can want it all you want but if the other partner isn’t in it and wants it the same then it just isn’t going to work. Your gonna make yourself crazy and hurt yourself more cause you know his true feelings which he was honest about. You will always get that “Why am I not good enough feeling.” If you stay. Save you and your children more trauma and cut your loses now so you can work on yourself and become your best self for your children.

2 Likes

Better then them growing up in deceit loveless.

3 Likes

“Broken homes” are sometimes a safer environment for the kids. My daughter’s father and I aren’t together and she has 2 separate families that she knows loves her more than anything in the world. A broken home isn’t the worst, sticking it out bc you think it’ll be better for the kids is. You have to remember kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. They will pick up on things without you even realizing it.

7 Likes

First of all change your mindset, you assume it will be a broken home if you decide to walk away. You get to create the life you want to have. You get to decide how your life goes. You deserve the effort and love! Ending a marriage is never easy but you are stronger than you think.

2 Likes

Sometimes two families are better than one that is broken.

3 Likes

I agree do not stay married for the kids. It will only make things worse.

2 Likes

Broken home is better than an unhappy mother so take it stride and show your kids how strong of a woman you are

5 Likes

I thought the same way and was miserable for years and now I have so many issues mentally and overthibk so much and now that I left I couldn’t be happier

1 Like

Happy home is better then broken home.

3 Likes

The only way a home is broken is if you neglect or abuse them or your partners. Or out is broken if you stay with someone you don’t want to be with because that causes problems. Two parents simply not being together or living together isn’t broken. Lol. Staying for the kids isn’t the way to go. It does more harm than good. Also, you need to get over not wanting to be a statistic and just listen to what he told you. He loves someone else. No diagnosis will change that or make him want you.
As long as you two and your possible partners treat the kids well while they’re in each household and don’t whine/complain about not being with the other parent, your kids will thrive. My kids’ lives got better when their father and I separated.

1 Like

Why are you feeling sorry for him you need to feel sorry for yourself

2 Likes

You need to end this he’s playing you

1 Like

When your children get older they will respect you more if you leave a cheating spouse and give them something better as a role model. Leopards do not change their spots, if he has cheated twice he will continue to do it, next time let it be on her.

1 Like

Too late move on. He’s had her and her kids in your home!! Had you watching her kids…he just a really good liar and schemer!!! Get a lawyer asap. Soon as she sees you ain’t backing down Mr wonderful won’t look so wonderful broke paying child support.

4 Likes

It is far better to come from a broken home rather than to live in one

14 Likes

Tell him not let the
Door hig

Hit him in the butt.

He cheated on you then this… did he cheat on you with her? Don’t waste your time and life on him it’s not worth it. Way better to go find someone that thinks you are the best and then your kids too. Don’t waste your life…he is.

1 Like

You are already in a broken home. Please be aware of this.

Please get a lawyer involved to cover your bases, so you aren’t left homeless with your children.

Be RUTHLESS!!! Your husband is the one who is no longer in love with you, the time for niceties is now gone.

Be there for your children. They deserve to be happy. So do you!

Blessings.

6 Likes

Honey, your kids will grow up knowing their in a broken home with two unhappy parents. You think you’re hiding it and protecting them from the drama and hurt but in reality they know deep down.

So it’s better to split up and coparent, it’ll hurt for a long while but you will be happy eventually and it’ll make your kids happier.

Don’t settle for less, you’re worth more than the heartache he’s treating you now.

You will see in the future there’s more out there than a man who wants to disrespect you like that.

5 Likes

Where is he away getting help at? How do you know for sure he’s not off somewhere with his so called best friend? It sounds like he’s probably been seeing this friend for a long time and you were in the dark. You need to get away from him. He’s obviously been disrespecting you all this time.

5 Likes

At least told the truth but tried work thing out

A broken home isn’t two parents splitting up. A broken home is where two parents stay together for the sake of the kids… I said what I said :woman_shrugging:t4:

15 Likes

Correction: What your Children live in now is a Broken :house_with_garden: home.
What you can give them is two different homes ( or atleast one home - yours) that is no longer Broken but thriving with love & peace . He says he is love with someone else … believe him… you can’t fix that!
He loves who he loves …
Never put yourself 2nd or try, beg, cry, and demand to be 1st… You have to take control of your own life and put yourself & your children 1st…
Start by moving on and building a home for yall that isn’t Broken anymore. Best of luck :two_hearts:

12 Likes

My question to you is his best friend in love with him and a willing participant in the situation or is coming from one of the diagnostic issues he is having at this time. Pure open hearted truth is a first step in mind, body and soul cleansing. Good luck in whatever decisions you both make as grown adults and as parents.

2 Likes

It’s better for the kids to come from a broken home than to live in a broken home

6 Likes

Children are better off
COMING FROM a broken home
Than
LIVING IN A Broken Home

5 Likes

Don’t live the rest of your life with a man who is in love with someone else it’ll never never change if it hasn’t by now life is too hard to settle just think about the children living with the mother who is always upset and wonder if the man she’s with is cheating that’s not a good environment for your children I’m sending you prayers

A home can still be broken with 2 parents sleeping in the same bed.

4 Likes

Move on. You won’t ever be able to trust him, and that’s a miserable existence. Sorry :disappointed: try to eventually be glad he was honest, and gave you the opportunity to move on. Oh and staying for the kids actually does quite the opposite than what we tend to think it does…causes more damage, and teaches them all the wrong things of how relationships and love should look and feel like…been there, done that. Left when I realized this and my daughter was 8 and very aware by then. Now I’m happy to say I’m the happiest I’ve ever been, and she gets to grow up seeing a healthy relationship, and how to properly be loved and respected…and our 1yr son will too​:purple_heart:

3 Likes

The problem here isn’t a broken home, nor is it him needing to be diagnosed with some kind of mental health disorder or issue to simply use as an excuse for his behavior. Bottom line here that you SHOULD be asking is can your husband stay faithful to you or is the temptation from her being actively around your family going to cause him to eventually act on said feelings. ONLY he can tell you that. And then you can make a decision on what you’re willing to put up with. At this point, maybe the conversation would best be brought by saying if this situation were reversed and it were you that cheated and is doing this, would he be comfortable with you saying and doingwhat he has been? The fact that he CONTINUES to have her around and drops everything for her should be extremely concerning to you in regards to the threat it puts to your marriage. Based on actions, you’d have every right to question his ability to remain faithful. What I’d be asking is how is he going to fix that temptation? Is it going to insist it stay the same and she still comes around…or is he willing to put and end to that relationship to save your marriage. If he’s not, you have your answer on the fate of your marriage, and there won’t be a thing you can do about it.

2 Likes

First off him leaving you or you leaving him that dose not mean your kids will grow up in a broken home… you staying when he’s disrespecting your marriage and you as his wife and partner THAT is growing up in a broken home.

This is so hard. Well if you stay you will always know how he feels and dealing with it because u are choosing to stay with him. If u leave yes your babies will be in a “broken” home but u will be happier and will find someone who loves u for u. So I guess the choice is stay because u love him and deal with him loving and maybe even cheating on u with her. Or moving on and having to do the co parent life. Neither decision is easy. Prayers for you and your family

I didn’t want my child to grow up from a broken home either. To be honest I’d rather her grow up raised loved then to grow up raised in a hostile environment. Eventually the feelings fade away and the love will turn to hatred and the hatred will turn to indifference. You have children to raise now you can’t live in the past and you can’t hold onto something that no longer serves you. He told you how he felt so you could process things and get closure and move on. It’s hard but falling for betrayal is so much harder he at least did the decent thing and told you about it. You will find your match and when you do you won’t even remember the hurt because you will be too busy living in love.

3 Likes

If you do chose to stay, the " bestfriend" needs to vanish

1 Like

Kids are not an excuse to stay in a bad marriage. They’re a reason to get out. As a child that was used as an excuse, please don’t use them as a cop-out.

1 Like

Better they have mom then this A hole

If my husband told me that I would fall out of in love quick. He betrayed YOU. Get divorced and get child support. Now

4 Likes

The term ‘broken home’ is bull. More parents mess up their kids by staying together when they obviously shouldn’t be. You deserve someone who is in love with YOU. Right? Right. If someone shows that you’re not who they want, then let them go. Yeah, it’s gonna suck but you didn’t do this, they did. Also, stop watching her kids. His medical issues can be her problem now. You’ve got a life to rebuild for YOUR children.

1 Like

Is v already a broken home

2 Likes

You have a choice, you leave because he doesn’t love you any more. Or you stay & let your kids see what a very unhappy marriage is all about. But since he is in love with someone else, chances are he isn’t staying with you. But that doesn’t mean he doesn’t love his kids.
Get a lawyer

2 Likes

The home already broken. When he confirmed his feelings for another woman. The help you need is just move on sometimes. Sometimes, co parenting is better than miserable relationships

6 Likes

He was honest with you at least… now to come to terms and plan for separation… that doesn’t mean you can’t love him… you guys can separate on good terms! That would be the best possible outcome for your children! I’m sorry!!! This must be heartbreaking… face the facts… he respects you enough to tell you his true feelings, she clearly is not a bad person… I don’t know what her feelings to him are so :person_shrugging: End of the day the best thing for your kids is to walk away with your head high and try and salvage a friendship…

1 Like

Time to move on, 4 years is nothing in the scheme of things.

Now it’s time to leave . He’s told you. Actually you need to make Him leave. Keep the kids in the home they know

2 Likes

“It’s better to come from a broken home than to be raised in one”

11 Likes

I don’t get the other commenters… “stay” that man made it clear his feelings to another woman… unless they are in a polly relationship in my eyes that man said it and its over… he is in love with another woman… sounds like even if she “stays” he already stepped out the door…

4 Likes