My husband told me he was not a romantic and then i found out that was a lie: Advice?

I would never speak to him again and tell him point blank to Go To Hell. He’s disgusting.

1 Like

Dick!! He is a asshole in the purest form!!

I think you don’t feel. Valued
And it sure sounds like it
If so be self caring and leave

He is a liar and a thief. He is taking your money and using it on others. Do NOT put up with that trash. You are foolish, move it out right now. Don’t hesitate. Yes of course you are shocked. Who wouldn’t be when they found out this type of thing.bottom line: HE IS A CHEATER!! LEAVE!!

You are wasting your life with that loser.

4 Likes

I am so sorry, looks like you are correct and now you need to figure out what to do about it, it’s your life make it a happy one for you and your children

2 Likes

I am so sorry, I can’t imagine the pain, I hope and pray you’ll find strength to leave. I know it is not easy but it will worthy it

F*** that!! Leave that SOB!! How awful and brutally heartbreaking :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Kinda worse, i felt that too!

When he asked you to pay his mother back that would have told me to ditch him.A man has no morals if he asks a woman for money

8 Likes

Ask yourself this… why do you need a gift from.him.to feel appreciated? Why does he need to be romantic for you to feel special? These things are outside of you and change nothing about you, him, or your relationship. I think instead you should be asking yourself… am I happy with this man? Am I happy full stop? You don’t need him to make you happy, you make you happy.if his there great, if not great. If you feel like you give more to the relationship and there’s no pay off then maybe it’s time to end it. X

4 Likes

Come back to Australia x bring the kids! He sounds awful.

7 Likes

Get rid of this guy . The army will make him pay support and insurance.

8 Likes

Wasting your time on someone who’ll never appreciate what he has in front of him and only appreciates what he’s already lost.

I think it’s time to move on if he’s not willing to change his ways which he probably won’t :confused:

6 Likes

Call a lawyer and sue him !

4 Likes

Ok first sorry you are feeling that way and you deserve better but I am going to take it a different road. During dating years you didn’t set standards on what you wanted a relationship and you went above an beyond for this man and what you created is a man that feels like he doesn’t need to go and above and beyond for you. You accepted his excuses instead of asking for changes and something different. You settled for it all but now you realize it’s not that he is not romantic but he chose who he does it for and now you are hurt. Should he do it differently, yes but you created and accepted his ways so it’s hard to be upset with him when you accepted him. Now you have to not compare his pass but accept that for years you were ok with this but not gracefully ask for something different and ask for change.

3 Likes

He’s a scum bag. Move on and find what you deserve!!! Sooner than later. Good luck.

Because he doesn’t appreciate you is why he doesn’t do things for you. Either except the disrespect or leave… I’m sorry!

2 Likes

You’re wasting your time, also men treat us the way we allow them to. If he doesn’t appreciate you, you’ll find someone who will. Life is way too short to spend feeling un loved or unvalued in a relationship you give your all to. Realize you deserve better :heart:

6 Likes

Sounds like a real winner.

2 Likes

That’s a special kind of Jerk. What an assssss

He has shown you where you stand with him through his actions. How much do you value yourself and your children? That is your answer

5 Likes

That’s some bullshit sorry. He had better pick that ball back up and GENUINELY try harder to do better EVERY holiday/birthday at the very least or I’d leave his ass.
I’m sure he felt like those things never helped in the past and felt that you loved him without all that, but that is very hurtful. He better do better.

Girl you deserve the big life, Don’t fxck with that sidewinder anymore. Take that B to the BANK with the split papers, Sweetie You deserve all the chocolates, all the clothes and all the gas money you can get. When your a working Mom, Wife and all the rest of the luggage that comes with, Treat yourself like the Queen you are and Don’t let NO ONE tell you your not worth it.
I’d say bye-bye sugar pie. I wish you great adventures on the flip side.

5 Likes

Come home for a little bit bring the boys and have a great time back home in Australia :australia: if you are from Brisbane I would happily have you and the boys stray with us and I know this is not any good advice but just take your time and ready think about how happy you are with him oh and if I was you I would stop doing anything for him and his family for a bit and good luck with it all babe :heart:

9 Likes

No meals , no intimacy , no ANYTHING , until he appreciates you.
You’re ,basically, a baby making machine & a roommate ( I’m so sorry to say this)

Tend your little lovies & forget the giant baby “husband “
( sperm donor)

Until he sets himself straight , he will get NOTHING!!!

If they don’t do it of their own accord, it’s because they don’t want to. You are worth all the romance and wooing in the world. I don’t know him enough to know if this will change, but 6 years is long enough to wait, don’t you think? It’s ultimately your decision, don’t forget you set the tone for how you accept how people treat you xx

4 Likes

He better step up big or step out fast.

2 Likes

Time to walk away, take your kids and go back to Australia… you will be better off.

5 Likes

Get in touch a lawyer and take him to DIVORCE COURT and get him to e everything you can make yourself a happy person again he’s not going to change and stop doing anything for him. Game is OVER

6 Likes

Leave him!!! He does not appreciate you at all & you are worth so much more than the bare minimum!!!

5 Likes

This is messed up. :flushed:

3 Likes

I’d leave him personally, he saved all that info? That’s just weird as it is.

5 Likes

Fuck that I’d be gone!!! You deserve so much better! :heart:

U r a 0 to him! Please do better

1 Like

Nah I’d fucking leave. Fuck that shit.

Go to his boss and tell him the story and believe me he will see things a lot different – if he’s in the military.

Even if he changed his ways, I still wouldn’t feel right if that were me. Gift giving is pretty basic romance, and since he wasn’t doing it before, he will likely only do it now to not rock the boat. I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the gifts, knowing it is an obligation, not something he was emotionally invested in…

5 Likes

While he sounds like a dick he did tell you upfront that he wasn’t going to do those things for you. I’m assuming he hasn’t sent these things to his exes while he’s been with you? Maybe he figured he wasted thousands of dollars in the past on relationships that didn’t last… I’m not making excuses for him because he sounds like a loser but he did tell you upfront.

You can add me and message me if you see this comment. I will talk to you. I feel so bad for you. That is utterly fked up. I would feel the same way you do.

2 Likes

Girl gilr girl!!! Listen here!! You work 5 days plus raise cook and clean the house! His job is harder so he needs to relax is absolutely bs!!! I’ve been exactly wr you are!! I moved from the Rome, to the states! Same!! I left his sorry ass! And the whole "I’m not a romantic " , lol… he tried that with me too. All bs! Bs! Bs! He dosen’t appreciated you one bit, and sounds like a narcissist. If you can, and are able, leave!! I don’t know know what your situation is with the kids, but even if you stay in the States for their sake, get your own place! You make 700/1000 a week?? You got this!! Get yourself a place and forget that a hole! This infuriated me. You don’t deserve this!! He will come begging for you back! With roses chocolates and letters, just you wait!

Love your self and your kids enough to let go of this lying peace of unless dirt.

Stop doing your wife shit for him because “it’s just not in you” and see how he feels

This is sad :disappointed: you deserve better…

Some of us have the best luck… I’m so sorry.

You need to ask yourself do you love him or do you fight al time were you good until you found all this out because everybody can tell you what to do but sounds like you are sick of all his crap he is a very selfish man and pretty self centered on himself and you shouldnt be paying for everything just as long as you do he going to let you and where does his money go for .well you have some tuff things to think about and ask yourself why did his other relationships fail right there in it self tells me the answer you should never have to put up with being treated that way and you are the mother of his children good luck

1 Like

Could it be he didn’t want you to expect that kind of funds from him for every occasion?
What I mean by that is:
Some women expect diamonds every holiday. Was it that he was spending that without it going anywhere in the relationship so when he got with you he decided he didn’t want to spend that?
Yes I understand not even a small gesture is shitty. But could it be that he overcorrected?

Your still with the lying ass why? He doesn’t care about you or your feelings. His extra cash goes to impress his exs which he still seems impressed with. Grab your kids for an extended stay back home in Australia

Can I ask does he spend money on the kids his own money as this wasn’t mentioned, this I ask as many men don’t even do that for there children, I get you upset you not had a dollar spent on you, but you have his love and his love to his children and you got him, in this world you don’t take the material items in your heart, you take the family moments the happy day s you spent together, they last a lifetime of memories, these can’t be replaced, items can be discarded most end up on the tip, where family memories are forever lasting

Shock him buy him a small present and a card…have each child,take turns,a present and card…you might be shocked,to long term,result…a expression of love,from you and from his children might shock him so much,whole attitude to you and children,might be a changing light…Lawyers cost money,usually generate life time ager,and pain…even,your children might benefit,in actions,through their lives…a senior…

2 Likes

Well. Do unto others as they’ve done to you. He doesn’t want to buy you cards, flowers, candies, bears ext.? Okay. You don’t buy him cards, don’t go out of your way to do nice things for him. He’ll notice. And when he asks why, you know what you tell him? I dropped the ball with you. See how fast he doesn’t like it 🤷🏻‍♀😂

11 Likes

‘‘three of his big headed clone’’ lmaooo Time to do to him what he does to you. next time its your anniversary or his birthday, act like he doesnt exist on those days. sometimes people need a dose of their own medicine

You sound like a passive aggressive nightmare. You set the standard by accepting his response and not being a total bitch about it for 6 years, and only got mad after

You invaded his privacy.

And my god. Look at the effort you put into building this petty little fucking resentment. Grow the fuck up. Learn basic skills like communication BEFORE trying to be part of a relationship and for fucks sake. Stop being a passive aggressive jerk.

you said they’re all Ex’s! so sending flowers and cards to them meant nothing. Do you want him to bring you cards and flowers then leave you later? Get over it. I’m in the same exact situation but i chose to ignore it because a lot of other things makes me happy more then cards and flowers.

2 Likes

I mean. These are all past previous relationships so take that into mind… he married you and had children with you and you “were fine” not receiving gifts until you realized he used to do it for exs. So honestly…. This is kinda on you to a degree. You started off this relationship and allowed him to do or not do things what I’m assuming is below expectations or your standards. When you set the bar so low and allow it and just tolerate it why would any man rise to the standard you want or expect. And now you’re upset that he’s like I dropped the ball on that and offended but you’ve never asked him before. Not until you snooped on his account.

And again these women are all exes…… And this was prior to you. Perhaps he didn’t get the return he wanted or expected from the romantic gestures he used to do so he decided to stop and you just happened to be cool with it until you weren’t.

A man will do those things if he wants. So if he isn’t for you and has for others that says a lot :grimacing:

5 Likes

Do YOU do any of those things for him?

I’m really struggling to see the wrong doing here :woman_shrugging:

He told you he wasn’t a romantic from the start. Maybe at one point he was and got burned too many times and it ruined it. Now he isn’t, you can’t really get mad at him for his past because you went digging. Let it go

2 Likes

What it all the gifts were after he cheated and he’s never cheated on you so therefore you never got a gift? :joy::joy: I think I’m reaching but oh well

OMG get a good lawyer and get out quick. He’s not worth the ground he walks on.

2 Likes

Sounds like all the red flags have been there a while.

1 Like

Sounds like you need to divorce him!

4 Likes

Red flags…Run while you still got a chance.

2 Likes

I’d leave. Appreciate me one way or another, bozo. He obviously has taken you for granted for too long and needs a very jolting reality check.

2 Likes

Become an X, youll get what you want

2 Likes

What you allow shall remain

4 Likes

You settled for less, now it’s his turn to see the same. Acknowledge NOTHING.

1 Like

You deserve so much more than he gives to you… I suggest you divorce him, and make yourself happy. There are so many fish in the sea and will always be someone who will treat you with the love and respect you deserve.

3 Likes

You need to leave he’s a clown

Tell him it need to change or you leave every woman and man deserves to be loved and appreciated and shown it you guys are a team and partners and both should spoil each other even a little :heart:

1 Like

You are his queen and he is your king. If not treated so then you are less than. Fuck that! We don’t beg for love respect and attention we earned it. Words mean shit. Actions. Process that !

tell him you are no longer his door mat so put up or get out!

1 Like

Girl, throw the whole man away.

Take your kids for a vacation back home (australia) once home send him divorce papers…
This is unexcusable!
He knew what he was doing and you deserve so much better then this shit!

Talk? Talk about what?? Uve found out all of this n still want to talk?? Ummm NO!!! SMH

I’m so pissed off for you, girl. The way some men treat loyal mothers to THEIR children, and let’s be honest - even them, is incomprehensible. I say ditch him when you feel the strength, because I know that’s hard to do if you love the person.

4 Likes

A man is going to treat you the way you show him how to treat you. It’s sad, but true. If you’ll pay for your own flights and Airbnb then he’ll let you. He doesn’t think you’re worth paying for because YOU don’t think you’re worth him paying for this stuff. You need to turn the tables and show him that YOU ARE WORTH IT! Tell him he can be with them other ladies because you can find a man who appreciates what he has. (You don’t have to act on this… just tell him and see how he reacts). Act like this for a couple days and I bet anything he will start realizing your worth. You’re missing out on alot in life… you ARE worth it. :grin:

2 Likes

Way past time to say “bye bye”:rage:

Become his ex and then you to will get flowers and candy!

1 Like