My husband told me he wasn't allowed to wear his wedding ring to work

I say make a visit to see your husband and talk with the manager!

2 Likes

My husband has already lost one finger… even if he can wear his ring to work, I prefer he not.

As far as your husband goes, I would give the benefit of the doubt if he’s able to tell you why he’s not checking in now or waiting until 5 minutes before his break ends. My husband works his butt off at work and sometimes he just sits in his truck and watches YouTube. BUT- he also calls me through out the day.

Ultimately it boils down to trust and if you don’t trust him or have that gut feeling, y’all need to have a serious conversation. That’s a big red flag in any marriage.

Men are strange.
In a shady cheating way strange.

3 Likes

Mine wears a silicone ring to work. He has a nice one for when we go out

Ridiculous. There are silicone rings, my fiancé wears that to the gym, or when he’s doing manual labor. Dude you need to be extremely concerned and suspicious

yes, you obviously know he’s lying considering there’s nothing about that in the rules, and you asked a coworker who also said it isn’t true.

My husband’s job doesn’t allow rings. It can be an amputation risk. I’d rather him not wear his ring than risk a major injury. Doesnt seem like a big deal, Unless your husband is giving you suspicions that he may be cheating else where, other than just not wearing a ring. Sounds like there may be other underlying issues and insecurities here and him not wearing his ring is you trying to justify your suspicions.

2 Likes

Well ya! Wake up! He’s either cheating or looking for someone to cheat with…

4 Likes

Praying for you hun.

My husband can’t wear his at work, and in my job I can’t wear my real on, we can only wear plain bands, so if there is any jewels at all it can’t be worn.

My Previous pay_c­h­eck was $ 1­0­7­2­1 wo­r­­­­­klng 19 hours a week on­l­­­­l­ne. My sisters friend has been averaging 16k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.

For Details >>>> https://incomevelu26.netlify.app/

Sorry but if a person who works in the same place has said they’re allowed to wear them then he’s a liar and probably looking for a side bit from work or already has one. I would ask him why he is lying and get the truth from him.

1 Like

You’re leaving out too many factors to get a good answer… What kind of work does he do? Is he allowed to have his phone with him, or does he have to keep it in a locker, etc?
My husband worked shutdowns for years and he couldn’t have any jewelry and his phone had to stay in his truck. He would call on his breaks, but it was only for a second because it took awhile to walk from the plant to the parking lot and back. Now at his new job, he can wear his wedding band, but it has to be a silicone one or made of soft metal so it can be cut easily if his hand gets caught in a machine.

2 Likes

Yep be suspicious that’s how my ex cheated on me

1 Like

Insecure ?? :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:
My husband doesn’t wear his ring to work​:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: we only wear our rings if we’re going out​:woman_shrugging:t2:

This could make sense if he works with machines or maybe food?

There are alot of jobs that actually don’t allow them.

1 Like

They can’t force you not to wear your wedding band!

2 Likes

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck…it just might be a duck!

3 Likes

before you get concerned by all the comments here you should talk to him

He’s gaslighting you…

2 Likes

Stop wearing yours to see if he notices or questions you. Or just get him a silicone band. My husband works in the plants, he can wear a silicone ring but not his wedding band. If you notice him not wearing either then I’d address it then.

2 Likes

If it’s a warehouse, machinery job then sometimes they recommend them not being worn due to getting caught in things. But you’re obviously suspicious for a reason. I would be up front with him and let him know you know it’s not true and want to know what’s up

1 Like

Show up at his job and check it out

No, you have absolutely no reason to be suspicious that your husband lies about not being able to wear his wedding ring. None at all

1 Like

Yeah that sounds shady as hell to me.

Depends on the job. Working with machinery/tools can be dangerous. Ive seen pics of just bone cuz their ring got snagged n stripped everything off lol buuut this shituation is suspish

He is lying and that is something to be concerned about

My husband hasn’t wore a wedding ring in 23 years after his had to be cut off in a work accident that almost cost him his hand.
Maybe it’s time for some therapy.

1 Like

He could wear a silicone one if he works somewhere with a lot of machinery, etc.

1 Like

Depends on the type of job. The types of jobs they wouldn’t allow it would be because of potential risk for amputation or something like that. His situation sure sounds suspicious to me though

Different departments have different rules. My boyfriend could wear his in his department. But a guy I know couldn’t in his.

Buy him a silicone band. That is what most people do when you can’t wear a metal band

If he works anywhere where manual labor is required it is best not to wear any jewelry. My grandfather got “degloved” after his wedding ring got caught.

1 Like

If you have to ask most likely

Depends on the job , service - machinery does require no lose items - jewelry ect

Get him a silicone one. Everyone is allowed to wear those. But you already are suspicious! Hence the post. Follow your gut

Sounds like your gut feeling is already telling you something

2 Likes

Any women with a blue collar guy understand that their are jobs that won’t let your wear a ring because you can loose that finger.
We do silicone rings or tattoo ring on the finger.

The calls I wouldn’t be to concerned with. Maybe he only gets two 15s and a 30 and spends it actually taking a break from work. I wouldn’t wanna sit on the phone through my entire break.

The wedding band thing is somewhat odd. If he was at one job and suddenly said he couldn’t wear it to work, I wouldn’t really question it. If he works around machines or with heavy equipment, they may have had an accident with an employee that lead to that decision being made.

What I would be questioning is him leaving the one job that said he couldn’t wear his ring anymore, starting a new job and that job also saying he can’t wear his wedding ring. Especially if someone else who works there told you that it wasn’t the case.

Even if he can’t wear his wedding ring at work, he should be wearing it all other times. But going and buying him a new ring and telling him that you know he can wear it at work, isn’t going to do anything. If he has something going on with someone at work, he can simply leave his wedding ring in his car when he goes in to work and put it back on before he comes home.

Your best option is to talk to him.

If someone he works with had said its a load of rubbish and they are allowed to wear them I’d be wanting to know why he’s lying :lying_face:

2 Likes

Maybe that’s a personal question between you and your husband alone not on Facebook

1 Like

Yes … and it shouldn’t matter. Unless you’re working with equipment but lots make them wear gloves. Spy on his ass

My husband could but didn’t wear it. Never bothered Mr. Trust.

1 Like

I have two opinions on this …

First my stepdad is a machinist and can’t wear a wedding ring… and I think if he does it has to be silicone.

Second thought though… if you have a gut feeling that’s your intuition. If you don’t wanna bring it up to him, do your research/digging first. But just be aware that you might find answers your heart isn’t ready for.

My friends husband used to work at a plant /factory job. One day she heard a phone ringing in her closet. And she found a cheap flip phone in one of his jacket pockets with some chick texting/calling it. Just trust your intuition.

Prayers and love. :heart:

2 Likes

Look up degloved fingers of you want a good reason for your husband to not be wearing a ring at work…

2 Likes

I’m a psw and we aren’t allowed to wear anything with diamonds that could scratch a resident also no long earrings or necklaces or bracelets for our safety in case we get choked or it gets caught on a lift I also call my hubby and kids usually the last or first 5;10 mins of my break doesn’t mean I’m cheating lol depends on the job anything with construction or heavy machines working with hands probably they aren’t allowed for their safety but if someone who works there says they are allowed then id ask his supervisor mabey

it could just be as simple as he doesn’t want it to get messed up or dinged up and doesn’t feel like explaining that so just says it’s not allowed… geez women talk to him.

My husband is a supervisor he’s not allowed to wear his at work due to it being a safety hazard if he ever had to use any machinery

1 Like

My brother in law didn’t wear his band at work. Thank goodness he didn’t because the machine he was on would have de-gloved his finger or ripped it off

1 Like

My husband does not wear his ring at work (he’s a nurse) but everyone is aware that he’s married. My father never wore a ring. Ever. He was a mechanic. It’s just not safe.

If he’s going to cheat on you, he’ll do it with or without a ring. Women will go along with him. Married or not. Don’t stress over the ring.

Don’t let others get in your head. A ring is a symbol. It’s what you know and trust.

3 Likes

Sounds suspicious if you’re having to ask

2 Likes

Well my husband doesn’t wear his wedding ring to work because of the fact of the type of work he does. Doesn’t mean their cheating. My husband is a mechanic so he has his hands in tight spots as it will get caught. Or he is working with wiring as it could cause him to het shocked.

Nobody calls on their lunch break do they?
But honestly, ask him

1 Like

My husband is allowed to wear his at work but he won’t because he works with electricity. He isn’t always up close and personal with the electricity, but he doesn’t want to forget to take the ring off and hurt himself. So he hasn’t worn his ring in years.

What does he do? If he works with electricity or machinery a lot of times it’s recommended that you don’t wear them because it’s dangerous . However, they legally can’t make you not wear it so it wouldn’t be in the rules. They make non conducive rings for people in these industries so they can still wear a ring and be safe.

My husband never wears his rings to work because the one ended up ruined and we had to replace it. Also he doesn’t call home on his breaks and lunch and I’m happy he doesn’t as I’m busy at home and I don’t feel the need for him to call me because maybe he wants to just sit down and have a break or eat something. I find it crazy that you worry that he doesn’t call you each day and it’s obvious there’s no trust in the marriage so why are you together? It sounds like there’s issues in the marriage and without trust no marriage/relationship will work.

My husband doesn’t wear one cause he’s in construction and he uses big tools , he also has damaged working hands

Why did you marry someone you don’t trust

I had this happen once, he was screwing some red head named Ariel while at work. Never again. Trust that gut

Is your husband a welder or construction? Wood cutting? Something sharp ?

2 Likes

My dad was never allowed to wear his wedding ring since he worked mechanics of commercial airplanes. I met one of his Coworkers that lost a finger at work too.

It’s not unusual but sounds like you have suspicions which is different than company policy.

1 Like

My hubby is a heavy duty mechanic for 18 wheelers and he just wears those silicone ring I got him some tuff rings. So in a way I can see why it’s a hazard if working with machines like that. I don’t ever get texts or calls from my hubby because I know he is working maybe every now and then if it’s something important. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

You are already concerned and suspicious, so why ask us?
He is cheating and the it’s clear.

1 Like

Just call up there and ask you will get ur answer

It depends on the job :woman_shrugging:t2: my husband works in a metal foundry and they can’t wear their wedding rings because it gets so hot that it can melt into their finger. So he hasn’t worn one in 2½yrs and I’ve never questioned it. If your husband was going to cheat on you he’d do it with or without a ring cause some women don’t care one way or another

2 Likes

Yeah call his ass out but do it somewhere public in case he gets mean

Is it construction? My husband does construction and there have been jobs like that. Or they could only wear certain types of rings. It’s the reason I got him the type of wedding band that I did.

1 Like

Well if you asked another coworker about it and they said it wasn’t true then yes that’s a huge red flag and

5 Likes

I’ve been married almost 14 years and my husband has literally worn his band twice. On our wedding day and our honeymoon.

1 Like

It would help if we knew where he worked. :woman_shrugging:t4: Is it a labor intensive job or is it a desk job?:thinking:

2 Likes

My husband works with electricity. He isn’t allowed to wear his normal band so he bought a rubber one. If he works with machinery that could catch the ring then it’s a possibility.

As far as the break thing goes, everyone is different. My husband and I both work. So on our lunch breaks (which are at different times) we will either do a quick 5 min call or a couple texts. We both agree that lunch time is time to collect our thoughts he works a physically demanding job and I work a mentally demanding one. So we take that time to do just that, eat, read, play a game on our phone, he play sudoku, I play slots. Everyone is different.

I think you should sit down and express how you’re feeling. It’s easy to say he is lying and cheating and you should leave. But if those are legit your only 2 “proofs” something is “wrong” then sounds like a talk needs to be had. Sometimes as woman we can get in our feels and assuming is never good for anyone.

Every couple is different. My advice is talk about it!!

2 Likes

There’s actually many jobs and positions where they don’t allow rings or earrings, bracelets etc.

Also why are you mad he doesn’t call on his lunch? I don’t even think any of my friends spouses check in at lunch lol

Women and men working together is also normal…if you don’t trust him, maybe speak out the trust issues at hand…

4 Likes

Depends… what kind of job does he have? My man is a mechanic and it doesn’t say they can’t wear wedding bands but I know that my man’s ring can get his finger chopped off or shocked. :woman_shrugging: The service writers for said place can wear them also BUT sometimes they come to show the customer the problems and stick their hands in places so it’s advised not to. The salesman up front can wear them without worries. So, depends on the job. If it’s not a safety hazard, then there’s something else going on. Trust is a major part of any relationship… talk to him or make an unannounced trip for lunch :wink:

2 Likes

Depends on what kind of work he does…

My husband works oil field. He can not wear wedding bands or any jewelry for that matter. He had my name tattooed on his ring finger. Case closed. I would wonder maybe why he lost that first job?

Many jobs don’t allow rings due to safety concerns and no you shouldn’t be concerned. It doesn’t need to be in their rules for them to advise against wearing it. My husband is in hvac and although the rules don’t say no, it is common knowledge and practice for most hvac techs to not wear them because of safety concerns… so what exactly does he do is the question?

1 Like

1st) what kind of job does he do?

I’ve worked in fast food joints that won’t allow necklaces, ear & noise rings and only allow a wedding ring with out dimensions.

2nd) I don’t expect my spouse to call or text me at all when at work (on break or not) just to talk. He’s their to do just that… work. If he’s going to be running extremely late, he’ll send me a text if it’s unexpected.

3 Likes

Depends on his dept of jewelry is allowed. Things normal people don’t think about could be a hazard and it may not be in the handbook about it.

1 Like

I worked in the hospital and were not supposed to wear rings either for safety. I have heard of this with other jobs

1 Like

Many jobs or positions don’t allow it. We aren’t allowed most jewelry on the floor, but our office people, security, and management can have it.

Depends on where he works

I don’t let my husband wear his to work.
Ever seen a finger degloved? :grimacing:

3 Likes

If you have to question it… you know what your gut is telling you… IGNORE YOUR HEART- WHAT IS YOUR GUT TELLING YOU… !!! ? Don’t ignore the feelings and signs that are right in front of you ! Especially when others confirm facts about rules ? The main reason I stress this… to many STDs out there…! Syphilis / Hepatitis / HIV… #1
Was married 5 yrs… got an std from my husband, who I trusted…
Did not know till I had to have a hystetectomy… no more babies !!! Pay Attention to your instincts… !

2 Likes

My husband has never wore his wedding ring. I’m honestly not for sure if he even knows where his is at. I also don’t wear mine because any type of jewelry breaks me out. We went and got tattoos with our wedding date on them :joy:

Buy him a silicone one and see what he says …. Or tell him you called HR to ask about ordering a silicone one for him to wear or what alternative they suggest because you wanted to surprise him and find out straight from the horse’s mouth if it’s a new rule being implemented in his department or not.
Then decide to discuss why he doesn’t want to wear his.
I’d start a savings account and have a little nest egg to leave

My husband is a mechanic so he never wears his ring at work.
Also we’ve been together 16yrs and I think we’ve talked on the phone about a dozen times?

If he needs me he will usually text. We chat all the time via text

1 Like

I would tattoo it on his forehead! So yes

2 Likes

Some military jobs don’t allow wedding bands on the ships. Also my husband and I are happily married, and both wear wedding bands. But when he’s at work, we may text here and there a couple times, but unless it’s urgent, he doesn’t call on breaks, and I don’t call him either because …… he’s at work.

Sounds like y’all have other issues besides this ring. Especially if your expecting calls while he’s at work for more than 5 minutes. He’s at work. When I was working, I didn’t want to chat on my break, I wanted to take my break. Maybe consider that.

3 Likes

I don’t call my spouse during lunch. And don’t expect him to call me during lunch. I trust him. And not because we aren’t talking at lunch means there’s anything happening. I think there’s trust issues to be discussed.

1 Like

Even If jewelry isn’t allowed for his job, most places allow silicone rings in place of that. But based on the info you provided. This seems very sus.

1 Like

A few don’t allow it yes that’s true

My old job all rings was a no go.

A few don’t allow it yes that’s true

My old job all rings was a no go.

A ring is just that….a ring. It won’t keep a husband loyal or the perfect husband. That is all mental.

2 Likes

Yep unless it’s certain jobs. I wear mine & my hubby wears his. How do people at work know if your hubby is married w no ring on of course it don’t matter w hoes nowadays (male or female)

1 Like

My husband does construction work and though its not a rule, it’s very dangerous to wear a wedding band. It can get hooked on almost anything and cause a finger to be ripped right off. If you’re that concerned, offer him a silicone ring band. It’s made to tear away instead of pulling so not dangerous at all!

2 Likes

Well since you have been told that it is not true or company rules, yes I would be a bit concerned

1 Like

Load of bullshit they all at it what a company of bullshit u know what they call themselves

Very suspicious never have I heard of a job where you can’t wear your wedding ring?? Call him out on his bs

2 Likes

If he works manual labor such as with machinery, construction, factory etc they usually don’t allow it! The ring can get caught and cause degloving of the finger. My husband is a project manager and he only allows his guys to wear rubber “wedding” bands. Now if he works in an office that’s a :triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like