My husband told me he wasn't allowed to wear his wedding ring to work

Fan Question: So my husband was working at a great paying job where it was just men besides the workers up front. After being at said job for 1 year he said they didn’t allow wedding bands to be worn any more. So he stopped wearing his and he ended up “loosing it”. He was out of a job for 3months and recently got on at another job where it’s both men and women working. The morning he started he told me he couldn’t wear his wedding band because they don’t allow it. After looking at the rules myself I don’t see it in the rules. I also asked someone who works their about it and said person told me that’s not true. He also rarely calls on breaks/lunch. When he does call it’s the last 5 minutes of his breaks/lunch. Should I be concerned/suspicious?

432 Likes

Sounds like you ARE suspicious. … maybe get someone to keep an eye on him?? Is said person also married? Do they wear their ring? It is most common fir infedilities to happen in the workplace, but has he given you reason in the past to suspect anything?? How long have you been married? Pray about it.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband told me he wasn't allowed to wear his wedding ring to work - Mamas Uncut

I mean def. Call him out. Show up during his break. Etc. Don’t let it slide.

9 Likes

Sadly, yes. And I think you know this because your gut is already telling you-that’s why you’re here. I’m sorry you’re going through it.

8 Likes

They allow those rubber ones…try that.
Then when he says they don’t “allow” those please calmly pack his shit and send him away :pensive:

Definitely sounds very shady! Hes upto something!!!

2 Likes

Well if it’s a metal ring it could be true but doubtful. I’d buy his ass a silicone ring and tell him that it’s acceptable to wear at work because you checked first :joy:

Time to have a sit down talk. My ex was giving me signs after 10 years but I chose to overlook them… Wrong thing to do on my part

1 Like

Trust what ur gut is telling u instincts don’t lie

1 Like

I would call him out on it. That seems weird…

1 Like

He just wants to be single honey when he’s not around you I don’t see the problem

You might as well just call him out on it, go to his job if you have go

Sounds like you already are

I’d be up there snooping looking what he’s doing lunchtime .

5 Likes

I guess he should get a wedding band tattoo. Lol. Men can be so ridiculous and the ridiculous ones aren’t even good liars… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

My husband’s work is the same way, no jewelry no strings nothing loose fitting. I wear his ring and mine. :woman_shrugging:

My husband hasn’t worn his wedding band since the day we got married 11 years ago. It depends on the work he does. My husband works construction where it doesn’t say he can’t but its safety concern so he doesn’t

1 Like

Pop up on his lunch break. Surprise, I brought you lunch and your favorite drink. If you catch him, now you know. If you don’t, you just look like you were bringing your husband lunch.

5 Likes

What type of job is it? I’m a mechanic and we aren’t allowed to wear rings or anything like that cause of the voltage can melt the ring to your finger. I wore mine for a while but was told to stop because of the dangers. I’m sure this also applies for other blue collar jobs. Not all but some for sure.

1 Like

Super weird I would totally be suspicious because I’ve never heard of a place saying that you can’t wear your wedding ring. Especially two places in a row?? Weird af

1 Like

Unless he is in construction or in a surgeon I don’t understand why they will not allow a wedding ring?

Well yes you should be concerned there is not a company in the world that doesn’t allow wedding rings. He probably doesn’t want to be seen as married or engaged.

1 Like

I would be.
Some jobs legitimately don’t allow rings, but if his does and he’s lying, that’s suspicious.

1 Like

Have you considered throwing the entire man away???

11 Likes

Okay, there are jobs where you’re not allowed to wear them (my dad worked in a foundry & he couldn’t wear his) BUT from what you’ve said it seems he’s lied to you about it.
That’s an issue.
Hope you’re okay :black_heart:

What does he do for work? When I worked around heavy machinery it wasn’t allowed, my boyfriend takes off his ring and chain going into work everyday so it doesn’t get ruined and puts it on again every night when he comes home… it could be an actual rule depending on the job…

Does he work with his hands in a field that could cause injuries if his ring got caught? Maybe it’s not actually a rule but his own decision for safety reasons. Some of the guys in my warehouse at work wear them, some don’t.
My husband and I have been married for 8 years and haven’t worn bands for most of that.

Also, I never call my husband during the day unless there’s an emergency

3 Likes

:lying_face::lying_face::lying_face: he’s lying even working construction/mechanic shop I always wore my ring

What type of job is it? Get them a qualo ring 

I would be very concerned because you already have red flags by what you wrote

1 Like

You dumb girl. Don’t wear yours and say the same thing see how he reacts

6 Likes

He’s obviously a liar, so yeah.

1 Like

I would get checked for std’s

3 Likes

Start bringing him lunch,also suggest you renew your vows by getting ring tatted and see what he says

12 Likes

If he’s a machine operator he’s probably not lying. They can get stuck in machines and cause degloving of fingers.

6 Likes

If you have to ask this then you know the answer to that question. I’d be suspicious, myself.

1 Like

Nah, don’t worry bout it, it’s nothing​:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Buy him a silicone ring, they make them for trades that have jewelry restrictions.

4 Likes

He’s a cheater period stop making excuses for him

2 Likes

I worked in retail and we weren’t allowed rings … a lot of jobs don’t allow jewellery to be worn

1 Like

Their are quite a few places that don’t let you wear one it’s a safety hazard. A lot of guys I work with have a tattoo on ring finger or wear a silicone one

1 Like

I work in an automotive factory and we are not allowed to wear any jewelry, watches, earrings etc.

Omg I’m sorry I mean this in the nicest way possible but how clueless and naive are you?

4 Likes

All the factories around here where I live you can’t wear any type of rings. I say it depends on what kind of work he is doing. 

4 Likes

There are places that don’t allow rings or any jewelry. Can get caught on things. But if there’s nothing in the rules I’d be suspicious.

1 Like

The lying about the ring thing would bother me .
However my husband doesn’t call me during the day. He texts me a handful of times usually but sometimes he just gets so busy he isn’t able to . I understand bc he’s out there making money for us. He works at car dealership.

Ya You Should be. And Ask Him right in Front of one of The Co Workers The Same Question, and Watch His Face.

1 Like

They’d have to cut whole ass finger off before I let my partner walk around without a ring! Hell no.

1 Like

What kind of work does he do?

2 Likes

He’s a liar and don’t want someone of interest knowing he’s married.

1 Like

If you have to ask you already know the answer . Next stop needs to be to the Dr to be checked for stds.

1 Like

Re-read what you wrote.

1 Like

If it’s a physical job he’s probably telling the truth. If it bothers you that bad have him tattoo a ring on.

2 Likes

My husband cannot wear his. He is an electrician.

1 Like

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard a job “doesn’t allow” employees to wear wedding bands. Get him a piece of string to tie around his finger.:woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

If there’s smoke, there’s fire.

If you trust him, it shouldn’t matter. If you don’t, you shouldn’t be together. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Sounds shady to me. You have to ask yourself is it worth wasting time sneaking on him to see if he’s cheating or just end it. Sometimes your peace is worth more than getting proof that he is cheating.
But, it’s understandable if he works a job like a mechanic or something like that where he could lose a finger. I have heard horror stories about someone catching his ring while driving a dumptruck and losing it. My husband wants to wear a ring which I am against due to his work so we had our ring fingers tattooed.

5 Likes

A ring doesn’t keep a person married; a person commitment does.

9 Likes

Is he in construction? My husband doesn’t wear his either… but we have out initials tattooed on our fingers :woman_shrugging:t2:… we both work with our hands and are really rough… I don’t wear my diamond either. Just a small dainty gold band

A lot of places are coming out now with these new silicone rings which don’t conduct electricity and you can cut them off of the pure scissors if you have to

3 Likes

Thourght simple wedding bands were aloud in most jobs, I work in care and jewellery is a big no no but we are aloud to wear plain wedding bands

I feel like you already know the answer

1 Like

:joy: wow he really said that. Divorce him he has zero respect.

My husband does body work, he wears a silicone band, that way if his finger get caught he doesn’t lose a finger. Also I don’t expect my husband to Call me on his lunch I expect him to eat! He works hard. But if it bothers you maybe you should tell him how it makes you feel instead of jumping to conclusions. If his attitude is weird or crazy defensive then I’d be worried.

2 Likes

Yes he’s lieing to you. Red flag when he started lieing .

2 Likes

Sounds like there are previous issues at play. Go with your intuition.

1 Like

What kind if work dose he do, my Hubby used to be in the Oil fields and he used to wear his band but it made it hard for his hand to fit into tight spaces so he stopped wearing it, HOWEVER my hubby would facetime me every chance he got… I would confront him on how you are feeling

I mean if he were a mechanic or worked with machinery sometimes it’s not allowed due to being a conductor of electricity, depending on the metal could be magnetic, and if he operates a machine with moving parts could by chance get hooked on something and pull his hand into the machine but saying this at 2 jobs seems a little suspicious. Also sometimes a company handbook doesn’t list it if it’s an OSHA regulation or State health and safety regulation because they get other training and guidelines handbooks for those specifics in my experience.

2 Likes

My husband had a job where he couldn’t wear his ring it was a safety issue no it wasn’t in the rules I’d be suspicious maybe now since new job

Looks like it’s time to randomly bring him lunch!

11 Likes

This is nothing new… I’ve heard of companies even worked at one where absolutely no jewelry could be worn! Especially wedding rings.

Yeah, if they don’t allow rings, especially for safety reasons it would be in the rules/handbook somewhere. I assume he use to call for his breaks regularly.

I wouldn’t even question this with my dude lol. If you don’t trust him, well… thats a problem in itself.

4 Likes

The only time my husband don’t have his on at work is then he is on line he is a GM at a restaurant and even wearing gloves he takes his ring off so it don’t get caught in his glove or fall off when changing his gloves but other then that he we are allowed our wedding bands as long as it’s not loose and fall off.

Depends on what kind of work he does. I’m not aloud to wear rings at my job. It’s a safety hazard & many jobs are like that. Also who cares if he doesn’t call on his break… Is that really a big deal?

I mean what does he do for a living anyway ?

1 Like

There’s a trust issue. A ring isn’t going to stop anything.

4 Likes

He’s cheating & lying. :upside_down_face: Pack up & roll out.

3 Likes

All these women laughing can go suck a prick! Honestly, so many “Hunts in this group🙄

Lol he’s lying… if there were any rule, he could wear a silicone one this way he wouldn’t get hurt from it anyhow…
What exactly is his job?? And TWO jobs now claim they’re not allowed to wear wedding rings?! He doesn’t want anyone to know he’s married…

5 Likes

Obviously depending on what he does, I’m sure some places don’t allow it or other jewelry or watches. If you called though and they said that wasn’t true mmmmmm…
& especially if it’s the 2nd time…… dats suspicious… dats weirdddd.

1 Like

Where I work we can only wear silicone rings and no other jewelry except medical necklace because of the machines we have. Both woman and men work there. I can see it being a rule. But then again flit it’s not a rule and he is not wearing that’s weird. I would be curious too. Def stay with your gut instinct

My husband takes his off because he works in a warehouse and once crushed his hand under some tile… it’s possible it’s for safety. However, if you think your man is cheating and you don’t trust him, you know him better than any of us internet strangers :woman_shrugging:

My husband cant wear his or any kind of jewelry because hes a millwright at a sawmill. I did end up buying him a groove life that he can wear. Im lucky to a text during his shifts

The wedding band thing is odd unless he works with heavy machines. Tell him you know and see what he says

1 Like

You know your husband. But don’t let your insecure feelings ruin your marriage. Go with your gut. If his habits change, then question him. My husband hasn’t worn his ring for years, because he was a Maintenance Journeyman for years. I didn’t care. He is so trustworthy. If he doesn’t call on break, it’s ok. Breaks go quick. Relax, stans back, & be alert. Not all Men are dogs.

1 Like

Buy him a new one and surprise him with lunch one day

1 Like

Hes hiding his marriage for some reason

3 Likes

Go see at lunch surprise and pop in

1 Like

Some places of employment dont allow it. It may not b Written in the rules. My husband wasnt allowed to wear his ring when we got married so I never bought him a ring. An I never wore mine. For like 5 yrs. He got a new job an i got us a matching band set off amazon for 75. An now we wear them. And the lunch time calls idk when I’m on break I chat w co workers or I eat. Last thing I wanna do is talk on the phone an chew in anyone’s ear. If u ha e insecurities tho express them or take action.

1 Like

I think you are already concerned and suspicious or you wouldn’t be questioning the policy with his coworkers and reading the rules.
But if he works with his hands and machines it’s pretty common practice. So I wouldn’t say it means more unless he is doing other suspicious things. Check your phone bills and banking account activities.

1 Like

Definitely both. Some jobs don’t allow rings. But if a co worker says that isn’t true, than that should give you the proof you need. Hes acting out. My man doesn’t call me or text me on his breaks everyday. I’m fine with that because I trust him. He has a coworker who is ugly but likes him but he won’t talk to her

Get him a rubber ring my husband is a Lineman and can’t wear anything conducting so he has a rubber wedding ring he wears… but honestly sounds like you guys need to have some conversations… marriage isnt easy but not communicating makes it even harder!

2 Likes

I’d pop in randomly with some lunch :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

What’s his job? Does he work with machines?

Idk what kind of work he does but rings can take off your finger if your not carful. If it’s a safety issue he could wear a silicone one.

He will tell on his self soon or later.

1 Like

Mine wears a silicone ring to work. He has a nice one for when we go out