My husband told me I was too old to be an LPN

BS !! My mama became an LPN and then an RN in her 50’s!!

1 Like

I don’t agree with your husband at all. Go for it. I bet you will be a great nurse!

My charge nurse became a nurse at 50

I was 30 and a single mom of 3 when I became a LVN, and I’ll be 37, and a mom of 4, when I graduate with my RN in a couple weeks! DO IT! It’s NEVER to late to follow your dreams! :heart:

2 Likes

Your never to old to follow your dreams

Screw him darlin. Do it!!!

You are soooo not too old to follow your dreams, go for it, don’t let your husband discourage you

I’m afraid to ask what is more age appropriate. :joy::joy::joy: the audacity of some people.

Never too old to learn

Definitely not too old. If you retire at 65, you still have 30 more years of being a nurse. If you don’t wanna retire at that age, you have MANY years left to work in your chosen field!

1 Like

Never to old to better your life

You are never to old! Shame on him for saying that you and not encouraging you to go after your dreams

2 Likes

In 2 years you’re either gonna be 34 and unhappy or 34 with a career you’ll love. You’re never too old.

1 Like

Screw him… I seen a lady get her GED and she was 73… You never to old for your passion and what brings joy to your life

You are never too old. I went to school and changed careers when I was 35. I am a registered vet tech and I love it!

1 Like

Follow your heart. Forget what he said!

Go for it!! Age doesn’t matter.

Just do it! You don’t need his permission to pursue your passion.

1 Like

You’re never to old to do something that will make you happy!!!

You are not too old!!

3 Likes

You are never to old go for it

NO!!! You are never too old!!! I recently read about a 59 year old entering nursing school. I worked as an RN till I was 72.

1 Like

You are never too old to pursue ways to improve yourself or to reach for a new goal or career. I completed my last masters degree when I was 50.

Wow! Way to be a cheerleader and root for each other, bro. High middle finger to the husband.

There’s never an age limit on going back to school to make something of your self🤷🏼‍♀️

Never to old go for it be happy

Don’t pardon my French when I say fuck that guy. You chase your dreams!!!

Are you kidding! Your only 34! You have forever until Retirement! Do it!

1 Like

Never too old to do what you wanna do …go for it 100%

I’m 30 and going to become an emt your never to okd

1 Like

Screw your husband. You’re never too old to have dreams and goals. It sounds to me like he just doesn’t want you to flourish in life and be happy! Continue doing what you wanna do and get your LPN and go kick ass doing what you love!

It sounds like he doesn’t want you to succeed. Because once you do better you’ll want better and he knows it. Do what you want to do!

3 Likes

I went for my two year PTA drgree when I was 35! And guess what? The oldest student in my class was in his 50s and wanted a career change!

1 Like

go for it!! you are young still hell I’m 53 and I’m going back to college I work in healthcare and girl Travel LPNs make bank

You can be an LPN in 2 years, you will only be 34, you can work 20-25 years in a career you enjoy. I say go for it, and tell your hushand to support you or not!!!

Do it! Never too old to go for what you’ve always wanted, loads of time to still find something to do in your old age! :hugs:

Your husband sounds like his last two brain cells are fighting to stay alive. Be an LPN if you want to be. Ignore him

3 Likes

I’m 43 and going to school to become a Speech and Language Pathologist. You’re never too old to learn!

2 Likes

Age doesn’t matter. My mom was in her late 40’s when she went for her LPN. She’s now 56 and in school for her RN. Never too late to chase that dream!

2 Likes

No of course you are not too old, he should be encouraging you to go for it.

1 Like

These are all fantastic responses but my opinion is, any man who does not support your desires and dreams is not worth your time. If it makes you happy then go for it!!! Don’t ever let a man base your judgment on career unless it’s justified. Plenty of us moms put our life on the back burn due to kids and other responsibilities. You do you girl. #moveon. #byefelicia

2 Likes

My friend and I just became LPN’s at 39 & 34. Now going on to our RN. Best decision we ever made. You do you.

3 Likes

Girl 32 is a perfect age to begin as is any age if it’s what YOU want to achieve. Do it !!!

1 Like

I got my RN degree at 34…

2 Likes

You’re NEVER TOO OLD

1 Like

Social Worker at 50! never to late

1 Like

No you are not to old. My Mother in law was a Nurse until she was 72. Go for it!!

no that’s perfect. What is he talking about?

Please go for it! I’ve been discouraged my entire life, you are going to be much happier and fulfilled go for it! Xx

1 Like

You are not too old! There are women who are in their 50’s and went to RN School! The nurses that I have worked with and who went back to school later in their life have actually been better in everything that they did! They have more life experience than a young person just out of high school! Be the best that you want to be! There is no stopping what you can accomplish!

1 Like

Omg no not even close to being too old!

Do what you want! 
It is important to live your dreams

I’m 28 and doing an LPN program in the fall and plan to get my RN after. You are never too old to better yourself.

1 Like

Absolutely not!!!
Good for you, go get it Lady!! :clap::tada:

2 Likes

Rude. You are not too old for that at all. Go for it. And if he can’t support you, well that’s his problem.

You are NEVER too old to get an education OR find a new career.

Get it! You are NOT too old, not now, not at 40. Your passion will surpass any barriers age brings, which at 32 is like 0 barriers. Get that dream girl.

1 Like

Your husband is intimidated by your ambitions. Do what makes you happy young lady.

2 Likes

Please don’t listen to anyone. I thought I was to old to be an RN at 35 and I regret not doing it. Go get what you want … YOU’RE NEVER TO OLD!!!

1 Like

No you are fine to do it!

Not at all most people don’t finish school till their 30s anyhow

You’re 32? That’s not old! Why do people think when you get to a certain age, you’re to old to do it. Ignore your husband and go do it!

1 Like

Go for it your still so young don’t let anyone discourage you

Husband is wrong. I am about to be 40 and just starting my RN journey

1 Like

I was 34 when I got my LPN. To me it was a lot easier because my kids were a little older and my life was more stable than it was in my 20s. I am 45 now and never had any issues going to school or working as an LPN

In what world is 32 too old for anything except maybe dating a 16 year old

1 Like

Absolutely NOT! My mom has four kids at home and divorced. She was 36 and went back to school and became an RN. YOU GO GIRL

1 Like

Go for it! You still have a lot of years till retirement. Better to do something you enjoy then hate going to work every day. You are still young at 32.

Do it!!! You are never too old!! I graduated college in 2020. I was 29. Never too old. My uncle didn’t think I could do it, but the only person who believed in me was my dad. :heart::heart:

I’m 41 & said something to my husband about going back to school for nursing. His words , H€LL YEAS!! DO IT , BABY!! Your man needs to be backing you up.

2 Likes

He is nuts, you can do anything you want at any age you want. Bless you!

2 Likes

I’m 38 and just about to study for lawyer

You are never to old to take a step towards a steady and happy future… Do what you want and need…I don’t understand how your husband could be anything but supportive 💁

The way I see it is in 2 years you’re still going to be 2 years older. Why not get an LPN and have something to show for those 2 years

1 Like

No. My LPN friend told me that there are new older LPNs graduating all the time!! Go for it!!! You are never too old to start a new career

Bologna! I was 29 when I decided that I wanted to be an RN and as one of my professors said “You will be the same age if you go or if you don’t go, so what does age have to do with it?” Follow your dream!

6 Likes

34 is not old. Do it!

More your age? Does he think there are no LPNs over the age of 30 or what? That’s a weird response and I would wonder why he said that.

I’m turning 33 this year and currently in the 3rd semester of nursing school. I will be graduating with my RN in August :yellow_heart::yellow_heart: you are never too old.

1 Like

Not too old. Go for it and God bless!

DO IT! Get it, girl!

That’s bullshit. Just do it

Ummmmm…Fuck him! That is all!!! Do you mama!!! :heart::heart::heart:

34 is absolutely not too old and it’s a great career move. I know $ may be a factor for you as you stated but I would really try to do your RN back to back bc if you don’t it’s hard to bridge from lpn to RN. Also I’m sure you know there is more opportunity as a RN for example my current city(which is a big major city) rarely will accept Lpn they all want RN. Good luck to you though we need nurses and medical professionals I wish you all the best on your career advancement journey.

I just turned 50 and am considering going into nursing. I NEVER once thought I might be too old?? :flushed: Life’s too short to NOT follow your dreams!

1 Like

Nope do it… then start working and get your RN!!

My mom got her lpn in her 40s!! She is in her 50s now and loves her job !!

I’m almost 34 & i just enrolled to start in the summer to become a radiology technician.

1 Like

I’m almost 50 and just now going back to college. Your never to old. My exhusband used to say stuff like that to me. After we divorced he admitted he didnt want me bettering myself cause it would make it easier for me to leave him. Do what’s best for you. If you feel that is a direction your life wants to go, then do it for you. Follow your dreams

1 Like

Do it girl! Go for it! It’s never too late for anything :heart:

Follow your heart. You are not too old

I’m almost 40 and just trained as a barber

1 Like

Ok here is what my Mom told me when I was wondering about schooling and age. You are going to hit that age either way, would you prefer to hit it with or without the schooling? Btw she got her ged when she was in her 60s. And boy, was she proud and we were proud of her too.

1 Like

You ARE NEVER TOO OLD :speaking_head::speaking_head::speaking_head:
Get that degree and tell him too :fu:t2::fu:t2:off fr !

1 Like

You are never too old to be what God wants you to be. :pray:t2:

1 Like

Girl I was 32 also. Best thing I ever did.

Sounds like he just doesn’t want you to succeed. I don’t see many nurses under the age of 30 so idk what he’s talking about

1 Like

I know someone almost 50 going for it. I disagree. If you want that career, go for it. :slight_smile:

My Aunt went to nursing school at 40 and got her RN. She was able to retire a few years ago.

2 Likes

Your husband is dumb! You would not be “too old”. Go for it! Maybe things will change while your working that program and you can do RN!