My husband told me I was too old to be an LPN

Im 50 and went back this year. You are never too old to learn something new. Do it!

2 Likes

Too old at 32, don’t think so!! Your husband should be your encouragement, wow what a husband!

2 Likes

I was 31 when I got my LVN and 41 when I got my RN. I worked as a nurse until age 70…tell your husband that you are definitely NOT too old.

If it takes two years, get that RN girl!! Never too old!

1 Like

Damn, I’m 42 and have thought about this!! You’re young!! Do it for YOU!

1 Like

He is the one not having goals in his life. You go for your dreams!

Your not to old, go for it and prove your husband that he was wrong!:blush:

My mother nursing class in her 40’s. She retired in her 60’s. So go for it if that’s what you want

1 Like

Your husband’s an idiot…

2 Likes

Just because he puts foolish limitations on his wants, needs, and goals, doesn’t mean you can’t follow your own path! Part of me says that you should dump him, but there are variables to consider. Personally, if this was the only incident where he doubted your abilities, I’d stay with him, even if it is only long enough to say. WATCH ME!!!

2 Likes

I was 31 an 1 of my class mates was 59. She turned 60 while we were in school. No your not to old

Is the course to become an LPN 2 years? Then you’ll be ready by the time you’re 34…do it!

Never too old. A lady I know who I think is in her 50s a couple years ago obtained her nursing license. Not sure if LPN or ??

Be what your want to be. FOLLOW YOUR DREAM. Don’t even know you but may I say “You go girl”.:grinning:

Throw the whole man away, go to
School

1 Like

I didn’t become an RN or even apply to nursing school until I was 34!! Someone that negative in your life needs to see himself out of your life!

No you are not to old. Tell your husband to kick rocks about telling you that you are too old. He should support you.

1 Like

Follow your heart, and the rewards will be grand.

1 Like

Throw the whole husband away

Not too old, honey I am 41 gonna be 42 just started nursing school, I will have my BSN after I turn 44. You are never too old to go for what you are called to do.

I am an LPN! Its never too late!!!

I went back to school for nursing in my 30’s, I think I was 34, best thing I ever did for myself! Keep this tucked in the back of your mind, you can always support yourself, as I did!!

1 Like

I was 43 when I went back to school and started a new career. Never been happier. Do it!!

Continue your journey as an LPN​:two_hearts:. Allow God to lead you not your husband​:pray::two_hearts:

Oh please. I started a new job at 43. Not necessarily a new career path but a job in a totally different field than anything I’ve ever done. 34 is young.

1 Like

RN is just an extra year. Either way I say do it.

You are NEVER too old to go for your dream!

You are never too old to learn more

I got my RN at 47. You are never too old.

Is he a downer and jot supportive in other aspects of your life too? Sounds like bs to me. Is he having to actually take care of something or someone else while you’re doing class?

1 Like

I was 33 AND pregnant with my first when I went for my LVN(LPN). I hope your husband sees this post and realizes that a he is supposed to support and your dreams.

1 Like

Go for it nurses are in high demand. If your husband does not want you earning hogh wages that is his problems.

1 Like

Ur def not too old !! He is def wrong! If that’s what you are passionate about then do it! No matter your age!!

Your husband is a jerk for saying that to you. Do it and thrive <3

1 Like

You shouldn’t let him discourage you. You are NOT too old! I received my CNA certification in my late fifties, was second oldest in class, turned out I had the highest scores on the tests, the younger ones were asking for my help!! Go for it. Health field desperately needs Staff. Good Luck :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

You’re never too old to do what you want to do, especially career wise. I can’t stand reading or hearing partners/husbands that are unsupportive. :-1:t4: They should be your biggest supporter! And btw, 32 isn’t old at all!

2 Likes

Ummmm the time is going to pass anyway, so why not tell your husband to pound sound or support you because you’re never too old to follow your passion.

2 Likes

Fuck him… Do you girl.

You’re never too old to do anything. He sounds
Jealous

Retirement age is 65++ for most people. You are barely a grown up (jk) but 32 is really young still.

Go for it! It’s your life and your goals.

1 Like

Dude I’m not evening finishing my degree till my kids are older either and I’m 30, almost was done with school. LOL you’re not too old ever for going back. Do it and you’ll feel great! It’s a step in the right direction, one that you choose:)

1 Like

I’m 28 and just started working and I’m just about to graduate with my AA. I didn’t want to start because everyone I knew had been working for years and graduated years ago but I was nowhere near the oldest in any of my classes and I’m one of the youngest at my job. I was worried for no reason. The time will pass anyway. You can use it wisely or not but it will pass nonetheless. You’ve got this! He says you can’t? Show him you can!

Not too old! Follow you’re heart. You could always study and take your Medical Assistant certification exam and if you pass it you can work in a doctors office. I did that and worked in a Dermatology office and got to do a lot of hands on stuff. It’s cheaper and quicker so it’s an option. :blush:

Never ever too old! My mom went to nursing school at 48. She was the oldest in her class and graduated at the top of her class. She loved nursing and her patients! She is 86 now and retired. Y ou go girl and do what YOU want to do!

Graduated at 41 with my bsn. Never too late and I enjoy my day every day

Um you’re definitely not too old wtf lol there’s no age bracket for the medical field and 32 is not old anyway… I don’t care if I was 40 years old and wanted to go back to school to become a damn astronaut my husband would be like you got this girl get it👏🏻… your husband should support and encourage you with whatever you want to do.

1 Like

Don’t let someone tell you you to old for anything that is so wrong you still young I always wanted to be a nurse but I have low vision so it is something that I can not do.

Tell him to pound sand. :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

You are not too old!

1 Like

Never too old. Dont let anyone discourage you from bettering yourself. Do it!

1 Like

I’m sorry, but no you are NEVER too old to follow your heart or dreams. If you’ve always been drawn to healthcare and have wanted to be an LPN or even an RN then GO FOR IT!!! One of my old co-workers got her RN at 50!!!

1 Like

I became a nurse at 31. One last in my class was 50. Never to late to make a difference in someone’s life

1 Like

I started as a grandma!!!

Absolutely not to old, you are still young and if that is what you want to do then there is no better time than now.

You’re only a baby!!! Go and follow your dreams!!! You’ll make a wonderful nurse…

Definitely not too old!!! I was 31 when I started school to become an LPN, and I loved it! Follow your heart, life is too short!:heartbeat:

1 Like

He’s an idiot. And just go for your RN.

3 Likes

I never understand these stereotypes that individuals are too old for any portion of the medical field. I’m 25 and working on getting into medical school. I’ve talked to others who are significantly older than I am (particularly, I met a 50 year old applying to medical school). There’s no such thing as being ‘too old to go back to school.’ 32 is young still. You have a significant amount of life experience behind you that will be beneficial to your application, acceptance and work upon obtaining your LPN.

Never too old! I had women over 50 start their RN’s wich is 4 years when I took my course! You can do it mama!

4 Likes

Idk what a LPN is but 32-34 is not old for anything! Do it girl, catch that dream!

1 Like

Life is too short to be restricted by some other persons perception of what they think u should or shouldn’t be. Live your life.

1 Like

You are never to old to start something , if you really want it , go for it !

That is a strange thing to say. Most nurses aren’t retiring at 34. You can still work in that field for 30 plus years!

2 Likes

Go for it! Prove him wrong!! You’re never to old to complete a degree or go back to school. You got this!

1 Like

Absolutely not you can be any age to be a LPN. Trust me when my mom was in the hospital we didn’t care how old somebody was taking care of her as long as they have compassion for her.

if it’s 2 years, get your RN!! You can get your RN associates degree in 2 years. The pay goes up TREMENDOUSLY!!!

Go for it!!! We need people like you!

go for it if it works out the doors will open GOD BLESS

1 Like

Never too old !! Go for it!

No you’re never too old! I’m 34 and going to start for my real estate licence next month lol but just fyi they will be phasing out lpns in the future. So you’ll eventually have to get your rn license.

Get your LPN and then start working on your RN

I think he may be thinking about how his life ‘style’ will be disrupted by your change.
Girl, I’m old enough to be your mom……and I am thinking about going back to school to be a sonogram tech.
Only problem……well 2 problems:
It’s pretty expensive
And
I hate to study!
:nerd_face:. So there’s that!

1 Like

Do it & prove him wrong!

You’re NOT too old. Get your rest in gear and live your dream.

Not true! I became an RN at 25 but had classmates in their 50s- and due to their life experience and time management, they were not only the best students but probably the best, strongest, most well rounded nurses i know. I taught nursing school as a professor for a year and would hands down have a 40+ year old student over a 25 year old. So much more focused and understanding of patients needs.

1 Like

Sounds like he wants you dependant. Do what YOU want to do to better yourself

You will be 34 no matter what you are doing why not be doing what you want. He’s an idiot!

1 Like

There is a nurse that they cover her story almost every year who is in her 90s and running circles around the younger nurses! Not sure if she is still alive, but age has nothing to do with it.

go for it and when you have that accomplished work toward the RN good luck with your studies

Smh…You are never to old to accomplish a dream…tell your husband he can keep his negative comments to himself and move along…there are people who are getting their degrees at 90 yrs old…dont let him hold u back…

My great aunt finished her RN at 50+ years old and grandmother got a degree at 70 years old. Your never to old! Your the one thats going to use the degree not him. He has no say! Gotta do you girl!

1 Like

Go for it! If it’s something YOU are passionate about, do it. DON’T let him talk you out of it. Prove him wrong! :heart:

He can kiss your ass

My Mom became an RN the same yr I graduated high school , AGE IS JUST A NUMBER !!! :sparkling_heart:

Shame on your husband for saying such a thing. You are never too old. Friend of mine changed her career in her late 40’s requiring going back to college. She has been in her new career for just a few years. This is her last year in her 50’s. Tell your husband to shut it if he can’t be supportive, I suspect he’s more afraid as you get more confident you might not need him anymore? Yes an RN would give you better options but you have to start where you can. Look around, some hospitals might pay for you to get the RN once you commit to working for them. DON’T GIVE UP!! And assure your husband you aren’t going anywhere, unless he keeps this negative crap up. If he’s been paying attention the past few years, the medical fields are needing people and probably always will as the population ages. Maybe he needs a little more education!! :wink:

Do it! And tell him to stop belittling your dreams

I’m 36 and will be 37 and I’m finishing my RN

Go for it your not to old

He is insecure and jealous sounds like

1 Like

Take your classes do what your heart tells you,you are never to old to be better

Tell your husband to mind his own business, you got this girl🥰

1 Like

What??? You are never too old to follow your dreams. Go for it. Be an RN if that’s what you want. Don’t let anyone stop you

2 Likes

I’m 30 and I’m going for MD. I still have like 6 yrs to go. Sooooo, No, you definitely are not too old lol

3 Likes

He’s thinking about all this hot nurses

1 Like

Sounds like u need a new husband

I was in college at 37 baby you’re not to old . I wished i’da known then what I know now . don’t allow ppl to discourage you . always learn something new everyday - a few words , read a chapter in a book , read the dictionary or learn a new language . mine liked to belittle me & now I’m the one his ass relies on but not without giving him the middle finger first . it’s never to late mama​:yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

If you’re passionate or even excited about a new career, you’re never too old. Also, mid-thirties is YOUNG. Go get it girl!

go where God leads can’t go wrong that way

Who’s he to decide that for you? That’s your decision, you do what makes you happy, what fulfills you, he needs to be supportive and love seeing you happy fulfilling your dreams… You want to be an LPN do it, Go for it, don’t let anything hold you back, I’m proud of you for having the courage to pursue it… Good for you