My husband told me I was too old to be an LPN

You are not to old to be a nurse

He’s insane! You’re success would make him feel insecure. That’s why he’s discouraging you. Go for it!

2 Likes

Go for it! My daughter became an RN at 35. She’s now a travel nurse making crazy money.

Go for it don’t listen to him your so young u have your whole life ahead of you do it

You go for it , you can do this. You are not old. Age is just a number . Follow your heart.

Hell no not old!!! I am going for my RN and I am 37!!!

You are certainly not too old. I became an RN at age 39 after another career and have loved it! The variety I have enjoyed has been marvelous. Don’t let anyone tell you that you are too old!

1 Like

Umm I’m 33 and in school for my LPN. There are women in my class in their 40’s. Where does he get off telling you to not chase what you are drawn to? What is he afraid of if you accomplish this??

1 Like

It’s YOUR life! Go where your heart leads you! :heart:

You are never to old to chase a dream. Don’t do it and in 2 years you’ll look back and think you wasted 2 years because you didn’t do anything. You are plenty young to tackle the RN challenge. You have it half there by the desire to become a RN. Go for it!

I graduated with a woman who was 84 years old. Do what you want, be in control.

2 Likes

Follow your dreams sis if your husband doesn’t approve of it chuck him in the bin on the way :rofl:

2 Likes

Go for it! Age isn’t the most important factor in determining success in most fields. You have much greater chance of success in a field you have always wanted to pursue than taking a job in a field you don’t like. And 32 is far from old! You have another 32+ years to work. Make those years happy!

1 Like

You are never too old to do what you love.

1 Like

Too old !? That’s ridiculous

32? Here I was thinking you were like 70 or something… 32 is fine to be a LPN… like what?

1 Like

I’m about to be 33 this year and going to start my pre-requisites for my RN. it’s going to take around 5 years so the way I see it is this: I’m going to be 38 no matter what, time is going to move forward. If I wait, that time is going to pass anyway. Do it when you’re ready and able, it doesn’t matter what age you are :heart: that’s society’s expectations - we don’t listen to them :sunglasses::v:t4:

1 Like

To thine own self be true

1 Like

You are never to old to follow your dreams!

Im 53yo and want to get my CNA or something similar.

That’s certainly incorrect!! Go for it!!!

You don’t need a timeline!! Go for it

Motorcycle pipes. Sound of freedom

You’re never to old , Go for it.

Tell him to STFU. Honestly.

Follow your dreams!!

1 Like

I had a mid to late 50 year old in my medical assistant class. You’re not “too old.”

You can be anything you want to be. Age doesn’t matter go for it

1 Like

You go girl! My grandfather got his degree in his 80’s -my sister was 53 when she got hers - why??? because they could!!! Dont let yourself live with regret for not following your dreams.

Do it. You can make a difference! Do it for You!

You absolutely can and there many different routes to go. I was 32 when I graduated and took my boards. I worked Full time and went to school at nights and on the weekends. School will be stressful and you will sacrifice a lot but it’s worth it in the end. It’s never too late!

Your husband is an idiot.

2 Likes

Your never to old to follow your dreams. I would tell him that it’s been a dream of mine and I’m going for it. We learn something new every single day. Heck my mom is in her 50s and going to school. Yes hers is on line but it’s still going after her dream.

You’re not too old. Go for it.

Go for it. If you want to be LPN then go to school.

Follow your dreams you not to old

Your husband is crazy. I know women who’ve gotten their RN in their 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s even.

2 Likes

You can do anything at any age. If that’s your calling go for it. Always need nurses.

1 Like

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!! Life is too short.

1 Like

Do you feel to old? Who cares what he or anyone else thinks. Do what you feel you want to do. You are only to old, if you tell yourself you’re. Age is simply a number. You’re to old to follow your dreams when your dead. Because then its simply to late. You will never know what you can accomplish if you dont try. Best wishes. Much peace and love ☆

From a retired LPN go for it The rewards are great

If that’s what you want to do. Go for it!!!

Absolutely! You are NOT old. Your life is really just beginning. Go for it! And, then go for the RN! YOU GOT THIS! <3

Go for it your still a young women do what is in your heart not you husbands

1 Like

You are absolutely not too old! Do it!!

You go for it. We need nurse’s so bad! You are NOT too old. I became a CNA then later a Med. Aide in my 50’s. Unfortunately your husband is not supportive of you. Don’t let it get you down. Good luck, God bless.

No your not to old, good grief. That’s a perfect age to go back to school. I was 40 when I went back, best choice I ever made.

1 Like

Go for it! I’ll get my RN at 31. I’m one of the older in my class and that’s not stopping me

You are NEVER to old to become something that you want to be. It seems to me that he doesn’t want you to follow your dreams by saying saying that. Screw him and prove him wrong, he’s gonna benefit from it once you’re done with school does he not realize that.
I was 42 when I decided to go back to nursing school. No one is ever too old to learn

1 Like

I went to LPN training with students in there 50-60’s. Too old Nonsense. Follow your dreams…

You’re never too old to learn! Tell him to hush and go for it!

You are never to old to follow your dreams

My mother retired from the Navy, after 20 years as a corpsman. She was 39. Then, she put herself through 5 years for her RN degree. Afterwards, she went back to school to be a traveling nurse. And she is almost 57 now going for her PRN. You are never too old to do anything. Especially, educate yourself! Follow your dreams :heart:

I’m studying nursing right now and there’s men and women on my course that are over 40 years of age. Age shouldn’t define what you do with your life. Go for it. You’ll probably find your one of the youngest in your classes

1 Like

You have over 30 years left to work. Do what you feel drawn to do.

2 Likes

Go for it!!! Regardless of his opinion as your husband he should be encouraging you to chase your dreams. No matter how big or small they may seem to him. You got this hun it’s never too late!!

It is never to old my teacher for my CMA program was an RN but didn’t become one till her 60’s

2 Likes

Do it! I was 25 when I got my LPN and 33 my RN. Never too told. I was not the oldest in either class!

I’m 38 and finally found my passion! I currently do mold (fungus) inspection. YOU’RE NEVER TOO OLD TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Throw the whole man away! Maybe he his casting his insecurities on to you because he isn’t where he thought he would be in life🤷‍♀️ please do not let him discourage you because he isn’t satisfied!

1 Like

Go for it. You are not too old

The oldest person in my graduating class was 56 years old when she started.

3 Likes

Never too young or old I got my degree when I was fifty I was in some type of .medicine most of my life enjoy your life

Sounds like he’s jealous

Follow your dreams!!

Hey once I can get money around I am planning on getting my LPN and I will be 57 this Year by next year be 58 so no your never to old to learn new things

Do it definitely! You’ll regret it if you don’t.

1 Like

Go for it. An LPN is a nurse. You can then continue on if you want to become an RN or to get your BSN. Sky is the limit!! Go after your dreams :blush::sunflower::two_hearts:

5 Likes

You do what you want. You only live once live life as you want your still young enough to have the moon and stars

1 Like

You are still so young! You have plenty of time to go to school!

1 Like

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about!! Go for it

1 Like

I’m getting my CNA then jumping into gaining my LPN AFTER I’m 33 almost 34 I won’t get mine until I’m 37 almost, this is a career! You can never be too old to start a new journey!!!

1 Like

Go for it!!! You’re never to old !

never to old my daughters grandmother was in her late 40s when she went to be an RN

Go for it you’re not too old I’m a retired RN worked until I was 70

Go for it your never too old 32 ain’t old cheeky I’m starting again at 40. Do it.

It’s never to late to achieve your goals

3 Likes

U can do watever u want at any age…lude is too short to not do wat u want…Show him n proof him wrong…

Absolutely not. You’re never too old! I had a woman in her 50’s in my class

your not to old go for it

Follow your dreams, we are never to old to accomplish them!

1 Like

Ummm no, your never too old to do anything. I’m 37 and just starting my nursing education.

4 Likes

Go for a LPN good luck

I think you should do it. Just know that you if you want a really good nursing job you need at least a BSN. LPN will not get you far. I come from a family of nurses, doctors and Nurse practitioners.

I have a friend who didn’t decide to go for hers at 40. She has been a nurse now for over 20 years.

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous do what you want you aren’t too old for anything you want!

2 Likes

So are all nurses in their 20s now? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I was 34 when I went,you are never to old.I made it,had a girl in school and worked at a job both,while going to school .Only had a GED.Didnt know HOW to study but I did it!! You can to, IF, you really want to.Go for it!! Don’t let someone else’s opinion deter you,never quit,keep trying .Girl it is SO worth it!! Just DO it!!

2 Likes

Just think about it like this. You will be 34 in two years anyways! You can either be 34 and be a LPN or just be 34 with no degree.

2 Likes

Follow your dream! You aren’t too old!

My aunt was 35 when she decided to become a nurse, then she was 39 about when she decided to become an actual surgeon, and later a neurosurgeon, she also got pregnant and had her last son at 42 with her fiancé she had been with for 10 years! It is never too late to do what you want. I dropped out in 9th grade and I’m only 21 and I feel way to old to be learning what I should have when I was 16 so I needed these comments to help me realize this too!:heart:

2 Likes

I know women in their 50s who just got their RN. Any one who tells you that is not looking out for you. > also knew a Dr who just became one at 57.

Go for it!! Never too old to start something!!

Don’t listen to him! He’s full of crap! Your not too old! Shit your not old at all! Your young! I wish I was your age again. Follow your dreams! Don’t let anyone stand in your way!

1 Like

You do what you want! He will never make you happy! Your happiness starts w you! Or tell him the job makes you horny. He will always want ya working :rofl::rofl:

Go for it you will 34 any way.

Tell him you’re too old to listen to shit advice lol

Nothing worse than unsupportive family and spouses. You’re not too old!!! Shoot for the stars.

1 Like

I was 28 for my LVN and 37 for my RN… your never too old… we had someone in her 60’s when I went for my LVN… go get it girl!!!

1 Like

Do it!!! He’s jealous and wants to hold you back!

1 Like

Go for it. Right now they are even begging for lpns

1 Like