My husband wants me to cover when i breastfeed: Help!

Honestly, I see both sides. I breastfeed both my kids 18 months. It’s a pain to cover and my 2 always pulled the cover off. If you’re shopping I found a dressing room is a nice private place. If I was at a restaurant we always asked for a booth so if I need to breastfeed I could put my back to other people. My husband was really supportive of me breastfeeding but he was also very defensive of people staring. He didn’t want anyone to say negative things about us.

So my advice. Talk to him. Is he embarrassed? Is this part of his beliefs? Modesty is a huge part of some religions. Is he self conscious about others looking? Try to help him understand and find a good plan that works for your family.

5 Likes

2022 and women still posting stuff like this - your body your rules … who would be with a man so prehistoric…

7 Likes

There are FAR too many people saying that A COMPLETE STRANGER’S comfort should be more important than OPs OWN CHILD #ImagineFeelingThatLevelOfEntitlement :woozy_face::nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Wear a tank top and then a t-shirt pull the shirt up and the tank top and the t-shirt will create a sort of cover that doesn’t completely make either of you to hot. Obviously this is just an option I don’t think it’s fair that he would even ask you to cover.

Tell him to get over it

1 Like

I’am making over $165 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18338 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome692.pages.dev/

You want to respect him but he’s not respecting you :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

I’am making over $165 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 18338 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome692.pages.dev/

1 Like

I think it’s rather naive and immature of him to think breasts are over-sexualised. Tell him, you’re feeding his child. They’re simply ‘baby udders’ :laughing:
Honestly, who cares what people think. It’s 2022 everyone’s a bloody snowflake.

1 Like

Yup cover him right up so he can’t see you freely feeding his child :woman_facepalming:t2: be sure to continue his stupidity when your baby starts weening on to solids because we wouldn’t want this to offend him either

Chuck a blanket over his head when u have to put over baby then make him wait like u and baby

Breastfeeding is not a sexual act and anyone sexualizing it needs their head examined. Would he wanna eat under a blanket? It’s amazing you feel comfortable nursing in public, keep it up and tell him to get over it!

3 Likes

Patterned sheer scarves they’re very very thin but can’t see much through the patterned ones very light n airy

1 Like

I breastfed in public and I always put a very light shirt or blanket over my shoulder and babies head leaving a small gap so baby could breathe.

You need a new husband :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Tell him to cover his face when he eats in a restaurant because you don’t want people to see him feeding himself in public. Your baby is doing the same, eating!

4 Likes

When I first started breastfeeding I was the opposite, I always tried to cover in public and it was one day out at lunch with my father, husband, sister and brother in law and I was fretting that the cloth I had kept slipping and what if people seen and all of them said not to care if people see and that my son must have been very hot trying to feed while being covered. I then decided they were right and I shouldn’t care what other people think if they try to sexualize feeding a baby then that’s their sick perverted problem.
Ever since then I would whip out and feed were ever I was. Tell your husband to genuinely try eat his food with a blanket covered over his head and see how hot and uncomfortable it is.
I have yet to ever have anyone give a strange look or feel like they were staring while I was breastfeeding you do get to a point where your so use to it and do it so well that it genuinely just looks like your cuddling your baby.

Tell your husband that the health and benifits of breastfeeding your baby comes before his insecurities of other people seeing your body uncovered.

4 Likes

Wait to he starts eating and throw a blanket over him an tell him if he thinks the baby can eat like that so can he

3 Likes

He needs to get a grip what the he’ll anyone looking at your breastfeeding in any other way than just oh that’s a lovely bond with a mother and child is a weirdo sorry

3 Likes

Tell him to grow up. :roll_eyes: You got a baby to take care of.

3 Likes

You want to respect him when he’s making breastfeeding weird? Your baby’s got to eat. It’s summer and I don’t blame the baby for not wanting to be covered up.

3 Likes

Tell him to stop sexualising your boobs, as their primary use is to feed your baby :roll_eyes:

Put a blanket over his head, problem solved

5 Likes

Tell him when he can take over and breast feed, he can chose to cover… meanwhile he can leave the one who is actually doing the bf alone, to do so how she chooses and how she feels comfortable doing so

4 Likes

Oh his poor fragile masculinity.
Dude if you’re comfortable doing what you do then do it. Your husband is making the situation more than what it is. People aren’t just looking at you thinking about your boobs, you’re feeding your child. There’s nothing sexual about that so your husband is just weird.

Its wild how BF has become this huge issue. Its literally nature. Its why we even have bewbs. Every mammal does it. There used to be what nurses that would feed the baby if the mother couldn’t for whatever reason. Like so much has changed but not for the better and it’s so silly to me that out of all the problems in this world people are still focusing on this? Like sure kids are starving in some countries but oh my God a boobie! :roll_eyes: /rant

3 Likes

I use the 2 shirt method, pull one shirt up, and still have Cami covering belly. Get boob out. Even with my big ole boobs you cant see anything while baby is latched! Covering just maked it harder. Ask him to eat with a blanket covering his head! Its hot!

just a thin piece of material will do te job; muslin nappy or piece of silk; modesty retained baby happy

4 Likes

OMG he is your husband. The fun bags were part of the conception. So why is it so tabu? If you have to cover so should he. Who wants to hear his chewing anyway!? Wow this is off for me. I whipped it out whenever they were hungry. Didn’t care where. Never had an issue. Dinner table ect. If you eat dinner at the table why not the baby?? People now days need to just chill. No one ever told me to cover up. This generation is redonckulous!

3 Likes

Your body, your choice. He shouldn’t have a damn say how you breastfeed your child. If you’re comfortable uncovered, then don’t cover. Absolutely no shame in breastfeeding in public, it’s completely natural.

Throw a blanket over his face outside in the heat and see how he likes it :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

My goodness its nature for goodness sake tell him to wise up

1 Like

Omg just cover up it’s not hard I’ve breastfed 2 kids and will always cover up in public, Yes breastfeeding is a natural thing and very important for baby but it’s also not hard to cover up. I’m not understanding why woman have such a problem with this . Shit I love my privacy, and breastfeeding is for me and my child not for everyone else to see… Im going to get shit on for this… Lmao!

Are we allowed to recommend other groups here? If not please send me a PM and I will point you to the page you need. And they will give you tons of information.

Cover him up on his next meal :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

If you nurse like a pro you pull your shirt up, attach baby, baby hides boob…boom. If you are pulling your boob out of the top of your shirt it not only shows your entire boob but also stretches out the shirt and your breast tissue. Which can cause sagging. They made great shirts that conceal a lot better. I’m from Texas and totally get it. It’s way too hot to put a blanket over the whole time. Do your best but also tell him to grow up.

2 Likes

Sorry… Unpopular opinion. But I agree. I dont want to see people’s boobs in public. Don’t like it when a man takes it out and pees on a tree either - that’s also nature.

1 Like

My ex was the same way. I used to have to take the baby to the ladies restroom. Even at home, when we had company, I had to go to the bedroom to feed the baby. My ex was such a prude. He wouldn’t even take me to the movies and let me feed the baby in the dark for fear somebody might see something. All I can think of is to get a yard of the lightest weight fabric you can find. Cut it to the size you need and carry it with you. Then drape it over your husband’s head while you’re breastfeeding your baby. He probably won’t see a thing. Failing that, you can probably use it for you and your baby. Or just not take your husband with you when you go anywhere.

7 Likes

Have him sit in the heat and tell him to wear a blanket over his head the entire time while his face is snuggled up to you

2 Likes

Ask him if he cares what people think more than he cares about you and your child’s comfort. He should be defending your decisions to feed your child anyway you see fit. Remind him that you need him to be your support in this.

7 Likes

Tell him to stop living in the 60s it’s natural thing for women to do

Tell him he needs to cover himself up if feeding your baby in public makes him uncomfortable. Or tell him he needs to eat while covered up too.

1 Like

Have him eat covered with a blanket outside.

3 Likes

I can see this. Right or wrong there has to be a way to compromise. If too hot find a very thin breathable cloth to use. Men dont always feel the same way about things and let’s face it their brain is very different. I have an excellent hubby but I could see him thinking other men was looking, or not wanting my body exposed. Right or wrong I’ve always stayed on one rule when addressing my hubby and kids… If it’s a real issue to them I dont minimize it, many things that can upset me may seem petty or unimportant to another but may affect me greatly. Like I say compromise but within reason, it’s not that hard and really if it’s your biggest issue then just be grateful. His reason may be rooted in reasons that aren’t “to control” or even “jealousy”, he may feel it as a protective instinct because again right or wrong he may know others that can see are not thinking about it in a natural, mothering sense.

10 Likes

Have him hold the baby and cover up so he will see how baby does not like it and how hot it is

1 Like

Tell him to eat with a blanket over his head

3 Likes

Tell him baby needs feeding next time u hungry u gotta wait till a suitable place laughable
Fed baby how u want to since it who u gotta feed the baby he can’t ovx

Some glands ok others not

Then he can cover up while he eats

2 Likes

only reason I covered us both is they get distracted so easily at times… they want to feed but also nosey about what’s going on around them

2 Likes

I would tell him to throw a blanket over his head and eat and drink with it on in the heat and see how he likes it. Mine are older now but when I breastfed I didn’t cover up. It’s got. It’s uncomfortable. I literally don’t see the big deal. It’s not sexual it’s nourishing your child. My husband didn’t care and works defend me anyone would say anything, which was very rare when he was around. I’m not feeding my child in a bathroom either.

2 Likes

Tell him to cover up while he eats or go sit in a bathroom while he eats. He will change his mind.

Your husband sound like a knob to be honest. I bf all 3 of mine currently feeding my 3rd 13 months and nobody cares You’re feeding your baby… it can be hard on your first but honestly just get good bf clothes and it’s fine. Or a string top with crop over it and u just have pull string down a little to feed … stand your ground you r doing great :blush:

3 Likes

Don’t go out in public with the baby and your husband. Politely tell him that you can’t make your baby suffer with a blanket over his face (in the heat or not, it is NOT recommended to use a blanket bc it deprives your baby of oxygen). So you opt to stay home. If he insists, then go to the ladies room or bedroom to breast feed. Please do not let your husband’s prude insecurity prevail over your baby eating without being deprived of oxygen. I would dig my heels in on this one. Pick your battles is right. Feeding your baby comfortably without depriving him of oxygen is a fight worth going all the way to the mat for. Refuse to go in public with husband or anywhere he pulls this bs. Dig your heels in mama. In the end, you YOU are responsible for this baby and YOU know best. Compromise by not going in public. Don’t give an inch. Make him understand that when it comes to most issues in this life you defer to husband and do it his way. When it comes to the sustenance safety and basic human needs of your infant, bow to NO ONE. Even if you never get to leave the house with your husband, stay home for your won. Stick to your guns and to your gut mama. You got this.

5 Likes

I would explain that it’s too hot for all that. The two shirt method worked well for me in south Alabama where it’s also stifling hot. Plenty of modesty and babe isn’t smothering under a blanket.

9 Likes

Tell him to fuck off and if he feels uncomfortable he can cover his head!!
Your doing amazing job!

When I breastfed both my baby’s I just didn’t even try to do it descritly I just wipped my boob out thankfully my partner didn’t mine he knows baby needs to eat, x

2 Likes

Tell him to put a blanket over his head…or go into the toilet when he eats his meal…you carry on doing what your doing…your doing amazing job.

6 Likes

You can literally see less of a boob while breastfeeding than in a tank top. If he wants to cover so badly, drape a blanket over his head. Also, unless he starts producing milk, I don’t think it really is his choice to began with. You are the one breastfeeding, he doesn’t get a say in what makes you comfortable.

14 Likes

Umm ppl don’t know about pumps and filling bottles before they leave? I mean come on no reason to breast feed in public.

22 Likes

pump. n bottle feed when out

11 Likes

Tell him to keep his shirt on all summer and eat with a blanket over his head.

2 Likes

It isn’t like you’re getting completely naked. It really sounds like he has some sexualization issues when it comes to breastfeeding. I would inform him that baby does not like to eat that way so if he feels uncomfortable, he can either stay home or eat his own food with a cover over his head. Breastfeeding in public is legally protected at the federal and ALL state levels here in the United States.

2 Likes

He’s uncomfortable? He’s not the one who has to pop his tit out so his comfort is irrelevant. Your comfort and the babies comfort are priority, period!

7 Likes

Throw a blanket over his head in the heat and see how he feels

5 Likes

Two what makes you comfortable stuff anyone else

Short shorts ok with guys, bikinis ok with guys but bf a no no? :rofl::sweat_smile::exploding_head:

2 Likes

If you’re FTM and breastfeeding people will stare even more. There are ways to be more discreet. I don’t agree with zero type of coverage.

6 Likes

Tell him to eat with a blanket over his head and see how he feels.

5 Likes

I’m in fl. I have 4 kids. My last 2 kids did not want to cover and I don’t blame them… so we didn’t. You can’t see much when babe is on the boob. Hubby needs to grow up and deal with it. You are legally protected, go into a corner to latch babe and then do whatever you were doing before.

3 Likes

Is he okay with the new thong bikini trend?
In all seriousness attempt to be discreet but fully covering is not necessary. When baby is latched you literally can’t see anything.

1 Like

He can be uncomfortable. There’s nothing wrong with feeding in public. I live in Florida and it’s to hot to cover a baby it’s dangerous. As for anyone who says to pump and feed a bottle. That’s your opinion and you are entitled to it but it’s not mine and I am also allowed my opinion. AND Floria law says a momma can breast feed anywhere she wants with out a cover. The Law is on a moms side. He needs to get over it

6 Likes

You can’t make your baby suffer it’s NOT recommended to cover your baby up in heat and especially in a hot country like florida. I’d personally either not go out in public with your husband or if your are just tell him it’s one of them things that’s not recommended it’s to dangerous. Could cause the baby to suffocate. This day and age it wouldn’t just be you doing it I’m sure lots of mommas on that end do it.

2 Likes

Ask him to cover up when he eats,
Men can stare at boobs all day but wants you to cover up to feed your child?

You wanna respect him when he doesn’t respect you as a person. He must be real excited about roe vs wade.

5 Likes

He can get over it. Tell him to eat with something covering his body. Then he won’t see anything. Where do y’all find these “men”
So blessed to know my husband would never dare say cover up while feeding his child. Because if he did… he probably wouldn’t be here today :joy::joy::joy::woman_with_probing_cane:t2:

3 Likes

Who gives a shit if he is uncomfortable. Tell him to suck it up or look away. If he actually cared, he wouldn’t want his wife and child to suffocate under a hot blanket.

I’am making over $125 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 19652 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome757.pages.dev/

Tell him your breast feeding how you like it. If he doesn’t like it he can f##k off. So can anyone else. It’s your baby, your life, your body. he should not have a say on how you choose to feed your baby or anything else as controlling. He doesn’t own you. Don’t be so submissive. that is how you deal with this issue. Xx

8 Likes

And to add, you said your baby finds it uncomfortable and it’s too hot? Well damn mama do what is right for your baby!! Nobody else matters.

I’m so sorry your husband is uncomfortable when you feed your child in public. These pop ups are great for privacy. He can comfortably relax in it until you are done feeding & you can relax next to him without him stressing you out. Everyone will be staring at the pop up & not even notice you. Breastfeeding is hard enough without some jackass making things more difficult so keep on doing what works for you & your baby & best of luck Momma :heart:

Let’s be clear… he doesn’t want people to see your boobs because in his mind boobs are “sexual” rather than for feeding a baby.

This post brings out a rage in me lol I’m mean, I would straight up say f all the way off then when he gets there he can f off again lol

3 Likes

Make him cover his head while he eats

6 Likes

Cover your husband face so he doesn’t have to see you.

19 Likes

Wow he should shut the hell up what a sexist ass

Don’t make yourself uncomfortable to respect insecure men. :woman_shrugging:t2:

13 Likes

You do what’s best for YOU! Not your husband, not your other children, not society.

You are literally feeding your child. Period. Tell him to either support you or mind his business until he can somehow learn to breastfeed himself.

4 Likes

Put a pillowcase over his head and take him out in that scorching heat and humidity for the day I bet he’ll be more uncomfortable then watching you feeding your baby in public :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Probably stupid question and maybe irrelevant but What is FTM?
Would he like his head completely covered in Florida heat while he eats? Until he starts eating that way tell him you will feed your child in a way that’s most comfortable for you and baby. Boobs are great to be seen by anyone and everyone until mom wants to feed her child. It pisses me off.

Wear a bra and singlet and then a tshirt over the top. Then you can pop your boob out under your tshirt and over your singlet. This only exposes the nipple for baby and no one sees anything. Simple

9 Likes

Put a blanket over his head so he cant see it and be uncomfortable!

2 Likes

He needs to get over it and stop sexualizing it

4 Likes

Your husband can get effed.
Unless YOU want to cover.

This is the natural mammalian process of feeding your young. There is nothing scandalous about it. And he needs to unpack these feelings in therapy cause woah.

He should be there to give the evil eye to anyone who wants to stare at you!

I’m currently breastfeeding and I have a very large chest, and I drive a school bus in the area I live in (k-12) so I don’t cover but I wear a cami under my shirts.

Shirt goes up, cami goes down, so only a little bit of skin is showing. Works perfect without a hot ass blanket or cover.

Just throw your whole husband in the trash.

I’d honestly ask him if he wants to try eating with a blanket over his head in the heat? Tell him to try it.

You cN be discrete without covering too, I wore a tank top, nursing bra underneath and another tank or t-shirt over top. Pull the top shirt up, bottom shirt down under your boob and open your bra and push that down. The only time anyone can see this way is if the baby unmatched and getting him latched. Sometimes I would hold a reviving blanket under my baby’s chin when he drools milk so it wouldn’t soak my shirt.

1 Like

Have him cover his head outside and in public when he eats. The whole time he eats and drinks. If he does it each time, then you can cover up

3 Likes

I’d make him eat a meal with a blanket over his head… in the Florida summer heat ffs … :rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

I would just feed uncovered. I live in florida and the hunidity is disgusting here. Next time your husband eats out, throw a blanket over his head and say what he told you.

4 Likes

This issue is so much more than the breastfeeding my dear…this insecurity of his would be seeping out in other instances and sooner or later it will ruin the marriage.

6 Likes