My husband wants me to cover when i breastfeed: Help!

Tell him to fuck off…

Ask him to cover his head when he eats in public :person_shrugging: see how he likes it :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

He gets a cover, too. Wool. Or plastic. :grin:

1 Like

Just cover his head with a blanket

1 Like

Tell your husband to grow up

3 Likes

I used to tuck a receiving blanket under my bra strap to breastfeed but for my comfort. I know they sell shirts that are good for breastfeeding and you really can’t see anything.

1 Like

I’am making over $130 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17834 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome833.pages.dev/

Fuck that it’s too hot for that bullshit he can get over it and modesty is bullshit do what your comfortable with

I always wore a tank under my shirt, pull one up and one down you can breastfeed and be covered. Or use a muslin blanket, they are light not so hot for the baby.

We live in TX, hotter than FL, my daughter is breast feeding and has done so with all her kids.Yes, she does cover up with the drapes made for breast feeding moms. Out of respect for your husband and others it is not a bad or difficult thing to do.

17 Likes

Make him stand in front of you the whole time. If he doesn’t want to then tell him to leave you be

5 Likes

Is he okay with you wearing a tank top? Or a somewhat low cut shirt? If so, he needs to stop with that BS. Plain and simple. He’s okay with the upper part of your breast (that most people don’t even consider breast, just “chest” or some minimal cleavage) being exposed for fashion sake, then he has absolutely no room to be uncomfortable with you feeding your child with some breast exposed.

2 Likes

I covered up while breastfeeding once. My oldest was born at the end of June and it gets hot here in Texas. I covered with a thin baby cover while in Walmart and by the time he got done he was red and sweating. Never covered up again because my babies comfort is more important than strangers who can’t get past seeing breast as sexual. Someone has a problem with it then they don’t have to look.

7 Likes

Personally, I just didn’t do it in public. I went somewhere private. I mean, you don’t need to whip out your whole boob to feed. Put the baby up to your chest take one out plop it in their mouth. Wear a tank top, noone sees anything, the baby covers you. Don’t cover the baby, they over heat like crazy and can serious hurt them.

6 Likes

Tell your husband to cover up while he eats then. I bet he has NO problem looking at woman in :bikini: at the beach! You are feeding your child not showing your breast to your world! My EX husband told me I couldn’t even breast feed because it was disgusting! Just one of the many reasons he’s my EX husband now.

2 Likes

Tell him he has to hold a hot water bottle and put a blanket over himself every time you do. Maybe if he realizes how hot and uncomfortable it is he would change his mind.

3 Likes

It’s not about how he’s feeling, or how hot he is from being covered up in that FL HEAT!!! Not only that as someone who was unable to breastfeed (which broke my heart) it’s also about that bonding time rubbing your babies face while they nurse and look at you during feedings. If you and your baby are happy healthy comfortable and as long as you don’t go offering your boob juice as lunch to strangers (BETTER YET OFFER IT AT WHOEVER STARES AT YOU WHILE FEEDING YOUR BABY, :joy: that’ll surprise them hopefully enough to get them to leave you alone) I just don’t see what the problem is with feeding your baby uncovered :wink:

1 Like

Honestly I wouldn’t it’s hot uncomfortable and he needs to be more supportive I know when I breastfed and someone stared at me my husband would stare back without blinking and make them uncomfortable and he would also sit on the side people were and beside my son now 5 would rip the blanket off he hated being covered and also if your in a mall or Walmart shopping any wear really if you want privacy just ask someone I found that they are accommodating and find you a room or quiet bench to sit once was in a hotel for a bday brunch asked desk they put me in the expensive high end room and got me food drinks and were so kind

I use an ergobaby, it’s not 100% discreet but if it keeps the peace it’s a bit of a middle ground.
Can use the hood thing over baby’s head.
It’s hot in there too, so don’t bundle baby up so much! I’m sure there are thinner ones than the ones I have.
But ya, if you don’t feel you have to, then do what you feel comfortable doing! It’s not about him.

1 Like

My husband tries to do this with our first and I put him in his place real quick :sweat_smile: my daighter did too :rofl::rofl::rofl:

He needs to stop sexualizing the act of breast feeding. Let me tell you a experience I had. This woman came up to me middle of the summer outside at a park and accosted me for not covering up I was one month postpartum it was my first time actually out of the house I was on the verge of tears just trying to explain to this woman I am not being sexual I am feeding a infant. A MAN came up to us got in front of me to block the hatred of this woman and he continued to accost her for coming after me. People who see breast feeding as sexual or exposing ones self need to take a deep look at themselves and what is the root of his problem with it

13 Likes

He should suck it up and get over himself this isn’t about him or his gross sexualization of a womans body. it’s about his baby being comfortable and fed!
I couldn’t imagine someone telling me to cover up! Like half the time these people couldn’t even wear a mask during the pandemic because it was invading their “rights” and they were “too hot”
So what you gonna make my baby cover up for? ITS HOT AND UNCOMFORTABLE
Shut yo mouth and mind yo business

When his nipples work then he can decide how he wants to feed the baby, until then you feed your baby how YOU feel most comfortable❤️ the choice on where, how and when you feed your baby are always completely up to you.

2 Likes

As much as we say it shouldn’t be sexualized, there a tons of people who do sexualize seeing a woman breast feed. It’s a boob :woman_shrugging:t3: they don’t see the baby feeding they see a woman with her boob hanging out. So I can understand why he would be uncomfortable and I think you should respect his feelings and concerns. Unpopular opinion but :woman_shrugging:t3: it is what it is. We can’t make everyone think or believe the same things we do.

2 Likes

Tell him until he gets books and starts feeding that your doing it your way. He needs to grow up.

I think that he is right. You don’t need a blanket to cover. I think breast feeding is wonderful but the whole world doesn’t have to see your boobs.

Breastfeeding is the MOST natural thing on earth, we are feeding our babies! Why men get uncomfortable?? Or even other women!? Im not saying plop the boob for ev1 to se but they have no issue watching women “”””breastfeeding””””other women/men on “”””movies””” :triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:
Breastfeeding our babies is our most natural right on this earth. If ppl is uncomfortable w it DONT LOOK

2 Likes

Tell him to cover himself while he’s outside :woman_shrugging:t3:

I see no problem with it ! I’m a mother of 4 and have breastfeed all my kids without having my breast exposed.
Update: I don’t argue with strangers. I just block you. If you are so emotional that you can’t say anything but rubbish seek help :blush:

3 Likes

Cover or don’t cover, it’s your choice.

1 Like

I lived in Florida and nursed in public but I didn’t cover yet no one saw my boobs. I was very discreet about it and kept my shirt close to baby’s face so it was hidden and I did this in a time when it was still uncommon for moms to do this at all. It takes practice but it made it much easier and most people didn’t even realize what I was doing cause they only saw baby being held close.

Babies being covered in this heat is dangerous

2 Likes

Grab a few nursing tanks from Target or wherever. I lived in them while breastfeeding for about 3.5 years. Super easy to BF anywhere you want and very discreet. Not that I gave 2 shits about what others thought. I’d whip em out any time, any where. If people are sexualizing breast feeding, or even if it just makes them uncomfortable, that says a lot more about them than it does you! Just do whatever works best for your sweet babe & you!

Tell him you’ll start doing it when HE starts covering himself when he eats in public than ask him if he can breathe underneath a cover while trying to eat. Your husband should support you feeding your baby.

2 Likes

He can’t see anything you are doing if you cover him up. Problem solved.

Next time he is eating a meal chuck a blanket over his head and see how he feels about it.

I’ll cover up when he eats every meal in a heavy ass sleeping bag wearing a big ass down coat wearing a beanie with the hood up over his head in the summer heat.

I was younger when I had my kids and I did cover up. If I had kids now, I wouldn’t. It’s normal, natural, not sexual. It’s not comfortable for mom or the baby. Especially in the heat.

Have him sit it the sun holding the baby while covered up. That might change his mind.

2 Likes

You can get nursing tank tops that keep somewhat covered!

Limited-time deal:

Womens Nursing Tank Tops Built in Bra for Breastfeeding Maternity Camisole Brasieres https://a.co/d/3CuIbKF

Don’t cover. I mean don’t flash your nipples around but you don’t need to cover. Be proud. You are doing what nature made your boobs for. He’s just uncomfortable because he still sees your boobs as a sexual thing. Doesn’t want to share it. He just has to realize that’s not what your doing. He will get more comfortable the more comfortable you are with doing it. Be proud. Be confident. You got this!!!

Keep it private to many weird folks out there, you and your baby could possibly end up on social media or even starked .

2 Likes

He shouldn’t have a say in that your feeding your baby. I went out to eat with my mom when my youngest was a week or so old and he was hungry so I popped out my boob and latched him on. People came over and asked about him and all that. I wasn’t covered and no one said a dang word to me. If they had i would have told them where to shove it.

Tell him it’s not his body :woman_shrugging:

I fed three babies and always was able to feed without exposing myself unless I was in my house. I would use nursing tanks and receiving blankets. If the option was there I would go to another room to feed where nobody was. Sometimes I would even go to the car and run the heat or ac so I could be in private. Of course everyone has different comfort levels but this was mine.

3 Likes

First… it’s not his body
Second… it’s a natural thing. If people have a problem, it’s THEIR problem.
Third… you go for it, baby has to eat

No man gets to decide wether or not you cover up. Let him push a baseball out of his genitalia and see if he let’s you tell him what to do when it comes to feeding or taking care of the baby. Your body, your rights. It is THE MOST natural thing in the world. If he can’t handle that, tell him he needs to start covering his eyes when people wear bikinis, or crop tops or short shorts. Bet the tables turned when it’s him.

Cover at the breast only, small burp rag.

2 Likes

Tell him to cover up while he eats and see how much he likes it. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with what you’re doing and there’s no reason you need to cover the baby. It’s not like you’re walking around naked (and if you were I wouldn’t judge). You’re literally doing what your breasts were made to do. Don’t let him pressure you into either, you wanna respect him but he needs to respect you and your decision also.
Also, I wanna say congratulations on being able to breastfeed!! You’re doing a great job!

You tell him to get over it, your baby’s safety and comfort are more important than his …

1 Like

You can harm your baby covering in that high heat, i wouldn’t. Kindly ask your husband to put a blanket over his head :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I chewed my husband out when he tried that with me. He is now very supportive.

Yikes. He sounds like a jealous control freak. I never cover up.

Your breast isn’t exposed when breastfeeding ever. Tell him he’s nit the one doing it therefore you will do what is comfortable and works for you an baby not him. He is pushing his insecurities onto you and that is not ok. Don’t allow him to second guess how you feel when you feed your baby. The only time you have to worry about being exposed if at all is when you bring it out an out it away. But seriously tell him to stop sexualizing you feed your baby bc it’s not sexual at all.

Buy nursing clothes… I live in them. Then you nurse uncovered… yet nobody can see anything.

2 Likes

I can’t stand when people sexualize the breasts. We’re literally doing what they were intended to do for. They’re sole purpose! I nurse in public in hopes that the more women who do it it will become less sexualized and normal.

Tell him to stop sexualizing feeding the baby and that’s its not about him its about the baby. He’s making it weird when in reality it’s the most natural thing there is.

It is too hot to cover the baby. Tell your husband breasts are to feed babies! Tell him to have his meals with his head covered in that weather.

1 Like

When a woman births a child the last thing on her mind is using her breasts during breastfeeding to lure in some new men​:joy: Wtf is wrong with our culture. Breasts are for feeding babies. Seeing a breast out feeding a baby should not cause a man to loose his mind. Our breasts make milk for babies. That is why ours are generally larger than mens. Tell him he is no longer allowed to go shirtless when hot or swimming since he might cause women to lust after him :woman_facepalming:t2: Also drape a blanket over his face the next time he eats dinner and ask him if he will eat like that anytime you have to feed the baby in public.

5 Likes

You should respect your husband

4 Likes

I covered as a personal choice. I had very light covers with plenty of ventilation so my son didn’t get too hot. They also make tops that basically cover you as you nurse. Having said that, if you don’t want to cover then don’t. Hand your husband a blanket and tell him to place it over his head while you nurse so he doesn’t get offended.

1 Like

Just pump for outings. Then everyone is comfortable. Pick your battles. This isn’t one of them.

3 Likes

Honestly, I strictly breastfed for over 3 years and I never breastfed in public. Even if covered. I’d go to the restroom or the car. Everyone’s different, so if you feel strongly about feeding your baby in public, explain that to him and he either has to deal with it or not. At the end of the day, you’re the one with the boob feeding your baby. If he argues still, pump and have HIM feed baby while y’all are out.

Tell him to start bf then

3 Likes

When he’s eating put a blanket over his head if he gets mad tell him point made and call it a day.

8 Likes

No he needs to respect you are your baby it’s too hot and you are the one breastfeeding not him. People know what breastfeeding is they are not going to be looking at you sexually because you are breastfeeding. Like someone even mentioned you don’t have to be totally exposed to breastfeed.

2 Likes

I would just talk with him. I totally understand him wanting to protect your body in that sense, most men (especially) mature men, will respectfully turn their head. If my husband or any of my friends’ husbands see someone breastfeeding, they will turn their head, walk somewhere else, etc.

I can see why he would want this,He loves and respect you,there is still a lot of ignorance in this world that Gawk and make a lot of vulgar remarks and he does not was my to see that for you.

5 Likes

Cover up butter cup!

4 Likes

Make him put cover to feed the baby a bottle. See how he likes it.

2 Likes

Make him eat his meals with a cover over his face. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Dont cover baby if Its too hot

I’am making over $135 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17531 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome859.pages.dev/

Maybe try doing it not in a public place… pump if you know your going out…

2 Likes

I seen a guy jerk off in the distance yes men are going to stare at the boobs regardless.

I live in South Texas so I feel your pain. I used the two shirt method, a nursing tank under a regular shirt because I hated using covers. The regular shirt covers from the top and the nursing tank keeps you covered from the bottom. This is what I did based on my comfort level and my preference to not wear bras. You do you though, whatever makes you feel comfortable.

3 Likes

Cover up it does not look good in public from some I have seen. Quit being an ass

Tell him to put a blanket or cover over his head and see how long that lasts. If you are comfortable feeding without a cover go for it. I breastfed and never used a cover in public. My baby hated and and we’d get too hot!

5 Likes

That means your own husband is sexualizing breastfeeding and needs to get over himself.

14 Likes

It’s not disrespecting your husband when you are feeding your baby. It’s disrespecting your husband when your boobs out not feeding your baby. Sounds like he’s a bit immature and needs to grow up. Breastfeeding is not a sexual thing and the people sexualizing it are the problem not you love.

1 Like

Ask him if he hides to eat? It’s a God given gift to feed our babies for free and allow Better health for Mom and baby bonding is the ultimate reward and is why God gave them to us

2 Likes

It’s a reasonable request. All of my kids were breastfed away from the public because, to be honest, it’s easier on everyone. Also…babies need changing almost immediately after breastfeeding so you’d be removing yourselves anyway. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

well maybe he can shield you by holding a blanket up, not on you

I’am making over $135 an hour working online with 2 kids at home. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my best friend earns over $ 17531 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless

Chk This—>> https://SuperIncome876.pages.dev/

He can eat with a blanket over his head.
Just no.

2 Likes

Get one of the gauze blankets.air goes thru. I breastfed 18 months but I had no desire to put my breastvout there in public. It seemed embarrassing to me and I didn’t want to embarass anyone else. It’s natural yes. But it’s still private part of your body that’s showing. The gauze blanket is perfect for your situation…

3 Likes

Just wear a dang cover and go somewhere cooler to do it. I never care about random peoples opinions but if your hubby expresses his concerns you should be considerate and then talk to him about it at home

5 Likes

It is way too hot under there for baby. Hubby needs to chill out and let baby east comfortably

Tell him to pi$$ off! If he doesn’t like it or anyone else then don’t look! You do what is best for you and your baby.

This is me after being asked to cover up. I was literally in my car at Target and a lady gave me a hard time because her husband noticed my baby nursing.

3 Likes

If it’s his problem let him hold the baby blanket while you feed your child.

1 Like

Tell him tough shit ain’t up to him

Tell him to put a blanket over his head while he eats and see how comfortable it is! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Make him hold the baby and cover him with a blanket, see what he thinks

1 Like

You tell him to eat under a blanket and see how he likes it.

1 Like

He is your husband, not a random person with hang-ups about it. His opinion should matter. It is his family, too.

Your baby. You feed. Now if he don’t like it. Well he ain’t a good supporter. And probably don’t help around the house. If he was a good husband he would be by your side helping you feed and all. Not trying to put you down in public.

1 Like

Tell him to hold the blanket while you feed lol

Tell your husband to try eating under a blanket so he can understand how u comfortable it is. I live in Florida also so I know it’s been extremely hot and humid, he won’t last 1 minute under a blanket.

All that aside, it’s your body. I get you want to be respectful, but respect goes both ways. He needs to be respectful of you too. Yelling you what to do with your body or how you feed the baby is not respectful.

2 Likes

I would cover up when I breastfeed. Only because of the stereotype of it at the time. One day we were in Lowe’s. Baby was hungry. Forgot the blanket in the car. My husband was the first one to out to start singing… Drop them titties. Lol. He didn’t care what people thought. Just as long as our little girl was feed. After that I got over the whole covering up thing to please others. Honey let them puppies free. At this point they aren’t funbags they are feedbags. And your husband needs to see that.

Tell him that when he breastfeeds he can cover up, but until then you will breastfeed how you want and how you feel comfortable.

3 Likes