My husband wants me to quit my job because of his: Advice?

What are your day care options? I’d look into that first before quitting. You are making good money. Sorry he didn’t discuss it with you first, but you’ve got this! Go make money! We women can do it all👍

I wouldn’t stop working if you don’t want to. Price out child care and see if it still benefits you working. I understand wanting an income and doing something for you.

Single Mom with one child and $20 an hour isn’t that much. Keep your job and be supportive of his. You need that adult communication and you will enjoy your kids more. SAHM isn’t for everyone. I am one that needed the outside world to be a better mom to my son. Plus with 2 incomes you can do more as far as perks, purchasing things, or emergency spending. Financially struggling is depressing. With $20 an hour I believe you will. Just tell him you will keep your job for now and see how his job goes maybe. Any new job can have pros and cons.

Personally, I believe your children are worth $500/hr. Enjoy them to the enth degree while you can.

I don’t think the $20 an hour will equal out to your combined income. If you don’t want to stay home, don’t.

So many questions! Did he really not tell you about this new job?! Did he take a pay cut, is that why he didn’t tell you?! How in the heck does he expect to support a family of 6 on $20.00 an hour?!?!?! :flushed:

1 Like

Where is 20/hr going to support an entire family!?!? Put me on :joy:

2 Likes

my husband never thought me working was important. Control freak

That is a decision that should be made together. Until you both can agree on what works for you I wouldn’t make any decisions.

He’ll it makes homeschooling possible too lol

If one is struggling yeah know

20$ an hour is NOTHING especially for traveling. If you wanna work then work!

3 Likes

That’s really really disrespectful. Not talking to you about changing jobs, especially with having children. And talking to someone else before talking to you. I wouldn’t leave your job. Let him find something closer to home or that doesn’t include traveling

I’m sorry but $20 an HR isn’t worth traveling much less having a spouse quit their job. That’s not going to be living comfortably. Even in my small town were the cost of living is low. Unless you lie and cheat on SNAP programs, living assistance, and coalitions, you struggle with one make $15 an hr and the other $11.

1 Like

Alright so I’m currently a SAHM to our 2 year old. I was working at a job for 13 a hour and his job pays 13.50. Well, some stuff came up and we no longer had anyone to watch our 2yo so I had to quit my job. It’s just the 3 of us and he gets paid every week. It’s EXTREMELY difficult. Every day is a battle with me because not only am I being a mom, I’m also housewife. So everything I do. When he gets home we eat, he sleeps, then goes back to work at night. Ive realized being home all of the time its caused my depression and anxiety a lot worse, and has also made me more paranoid. Do everything you can to keep your job. I feel like you should have been the first person he talked to about his job change. Commincation is a must. $20 for his job sounds good, but with us even 13.50 is almost like we’re living in poverty. Hope everything works out for you in the end :heart:

Is 20$ an hour suppose to be amazing you can both still work just find a baby sitter

1 Like

My husband makes $26/hr and we still struggle with me staying home. It is worth it though if you can make it happen, BUT if you want to work, then work, dont let him dictate what you do.

1 Like

I see no need to quit. Send the children to daycare, and go to work. He can still work as well