My husband was told he only had 2 years to live: What are good Christmas gift ideas?

A trip, make memories

Praying and make the most of what time you have left. I know how

All the memories you can make :heart::heart:

You feel make all the memories you can

Time - coupons to spend time together - park, drive-in…places you used to go when you dated. Make as many memories as you can, even if the day is a movie day at home with popcorn and all the lights out. Travel is great but the time you spend together is what is precious

2 Likes

Time. Give him some kind of activity with you, and the kids if you have any. Just make as many memories as you can.

1 Like

Take tunes of pictures so you can always see him happy. Make the memories now when you can and find out how what what he wants in his last days if it comes to that. I’m so very sorry for your news. But spend as much time together and let him do what he wants. Dont get mad at him if hes in a bad mood. If you have kids try to get him to make little videos for the kids so they can watch at special events, like weddings graduation, sweet 16. And if they are young have him read them there favorite book so they can watch it when they want.

Pictures of him and the kids doing something they enjoy.

Things you always wanted to do later do them now. My husband and I had all kinds of things we wanted to do but he fell and hit his head we didn’t get a warning now he gone. We never got to do them.

God is right there with you

No gift just take a trip and make memories

3 Likes

Or even a few small trips.

I’m so sorry.take a trip

Maybe this, and try to get your family’s names engraved in it also. With a loving message about how he will always be in your hearts and that you love him

4 Likes

Travel if possible. Make memories and take as many pictures as possible!

5 Likes

My heart goes out to you both just plan a perfect day for you both GOD BLESS xoxo

Los of patience and love and do things together as he can spend time with ones you love and let him know he is loved something he likes to do like books,puzzle whatever wont tire him out to much GodBless

Make memories at the beach, mountains or a relaxing get away. Take pictures.

I agree w a lot of the moms on here. There isnt a gift in the world that will suffice but time w you and your family together. Making memories is the best thing u can do…spend as much time together as possible…maybe a vacation or even a small getaway. Make the 2yrs he may have left a lifetime for him. Sending lots of love and prayer your way​:heart::pray:

1 Like

A cruise or trip that he would love to go on!

Make more memories for as long as you both can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A quilt with memories you have made throughout the years, so when he is having the worst of days, you all are surrounding him. It will also keep.him warm later on with his battle. I’m a heart patient amd I will just shake when my heart is messing up. Prayers he finds his new heart to a miracle.

1 Like

When ur husband was born, he did not have a expiration date on his foot. God is the only one who knows what time he is to return to him. Live ur life, be happy for each and every day. God Bless ur family

1 Like

Praying for you and your family during this difficult time. I would get him an empty photo album and when he opens it tell him that we have to fill it with memories.

A video camera so he can journal to his loved ones in secret. Snuggle as much as possible and do little things of affection. This is very tough for you all.

1 Like

Memories and lots of photos

Don’t do gifts save your Christmas money and go on a vacation somewhere he has always wanted to go, take lots of pictures the memories will mean more than the gifts

5 Likes

My husband was given a year and in that year we made so many memories but we also played tons of games. We had 4 daughters and they love those memories.

1 Like

Give him experiences. Not things. Going to places he likes. Certificates for a night out . Going on a hot air balloon ride. Things like that. Use your amazing mind to figure out what he would like to do. :heart::pray:

2 Likes

Take him someplace he’s always wanted to go as a family! Make memories & capture as much of them as you can

3 Likes

You should look into those “Make a Wish” type groups to send you someplace special—whatever he is up to doing.

2 Likes

Tickets or gift certificates for stuff together you’ve never done before… a trip/ vacation… massages/acupuncture… take a dance/art lesson… couple facials…
Spend money for him on stuff that would make good memories
Be thoughtful

1 Like

Depending on his health physically…memories, a destination to travel to. Something on his bucket list to see. Time to spend with you and family.

Also one of those books that prompts you to fill in the blanks (How did you and Mom meet? Who was your best friend in Elementary school? What kind of kid were you in high school?,Describe the hairstyles you had from birth through today, etc.) so children & grandchildren can have a peek into his life in his own words.

3 Likes

Good memories. A prayer blanket.

1 Like

Live everyday like your last. Kiss and hug him. I’m so sorry for the news

1 Like

The “my love for you is so big” project :heart:

Bucket list things. Vacations, sky diving ECT things he always wanted to do!

prayers for a heart :slight_smile:

Go to his favorite restaurant or make his favorite food !

Prayers go out to you.

Forget the gifts go out and make as many memories as you can with the time you guys have left together… That way you have good memories to reflect on later… That is my best advice to you. I am also sending prayers to your family during this difficult time

4 Likes

Travel the US , see the beautiful mountains and beaches ,make memories as A family! !!

Get him to tell stories about his life and record them

Renew your wedding vows❤

Start his bucket list at this point and I am not meaning this to sound rude or what have you but material things arent going to have the same effect as experiences .

I hope things get better for you guys. Lots of prayers for you :heart:

Make memories weekends away days out. Things you can do together

2 Likes

A experience day a holiday and lovely family day out or meal… Memories for you all x

U give him your love.

Just tell him, I’ll just have one thing for u, is all my :two_hearts:

You sell everything you have and go live peacefully at the beach.

Bucket list start ASAP kids would love that as well as your husband, so sorry mija to hear …my prayers to you and your family…xoxoxo…:pray::pray::pray:

In a situation like that “Things” become unimportant but memories do matter. Make some memories that you will treasure after he is gone…Do something he enjoys with him. (I know what I am talking about as I lived through it…only we didn’t have 2 years… He is gone but those memories live on… We lived in Florida at the time and afternoon and evening picnics on the beach were his favorites.)

1 Like

Wow we were told the same thing Monday , I can’t handle it maybe we could talk to each other for support , you could message me if you want to this is so terrible to try and handle maybe we could help each other :broken_heart:

1 Like

Amen my prays go out to uand your family

Make sure before he passes he knows his family will be taken care of and he’s not failing you guys. Make memories and enjoy life!

I think I’d try to involve as many family members as possible in a fun filled day or evening to celebrate Christmas.

1 Like

I received a new heart on April 10, 2019 (7 months). I waited for YEARS to get on the list, I was on the list for 10weeks, I laid in the hospital for 8 until I got the news.
“Things” didn’t matter (still don’t).
Consider renewing your vows.
Love and support, patience and tolerance, faith and understanding- these will mean more than all else. Travel if he’s able, if not, time together with those he loves.

4 Likes

Something to make a memory for all of you. Whether that’s a trip, cruise or an amusement park.

A personal journal he can write in, a wonderful trip for two that you will always remember. Take lots of pictures and videos.

8 Likes

I will say a prayer for you and your husband and families. You give gifts as if he will live forever!! Give special memories. Give him interesting books or movies to watch. Music he likes. Chocolate or food or snacks you know he likes. Give him massages and back scratches, and foot rubs!!!
Kiss his forehead Everytime you walk by him. Does he have binoculars? It’s fun to watch the birds and things out a window. Walkie Talkies to communicate around the house. A day trip to somewhere you’ve never been and make a new memory.
God bless you and may his life be filled with being loved and happy. :pray::hugs:

Memories. Take a trip, have family pictures made. Any activity that gives him and the family good memories. We had someone come to our family Christmas and take pictures last year. My father in law suddenly passed away in January. We are so glad to have those pictures.

3 Likes

A great road trip with family or friends to remember.Camera to take pics.Trip to The Great Smoky Mtns.Rent a cabin.Be nice.if u don’t live to far away.Beautiful Mtns.:bear::evergreen_tree::maple_leaf::rose:

1st off I’m sorry & will pray for a miraculous healing … Maybe a memorable trip.Even if it’s just a weekend at a hotsprings or a nice little getaway & surrounded by ones that he loves.

1 Like

So many prayers for you and your husband. Praying that GOD will have his way in y’alls life. HE is a miracle worker and a healer! Ask trust and believe in faith!:pray::pray:

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: I’m so sorry…
Maybe go on trips for your gift to him. Make more memories…

Prayers for your husband and your family!! What about taking him to do something that he enjoys doing! Like a show, concert, little get away!

1 Like

Sending love and positive thoughts! Happy memories and pictures are what you should be focusing on. His bucket list items no matter how small or trivial they may be. Little moments and cherish it all.

1 Like

you give him support love and happiness, and fill his heart with love…wishing you the best and sending prayers

3 Likes

Faith cause god has the last say so :crossed_fingers::pray: for your family & memories last a lifetime​:kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I can not imagine… my heart goes out to your Family…
May I get your names so I made add you to our church prayer list?

As far as Christmas,
Make a Bucket List!!!
And do everything!!!
Pray every spare moment … luv to you & yours

Sending prayers and healing energy…maybe something he has always wanted to do

1 Like

Personally, what I would do… is if you have kids i would get him a journal so he can write letters to them (birthdays, Christmas, a wedding day letter) and make sure it goes to at least 40 or 60 years old. So even if he is gone they can still enjoy him.and read his writing which is something that I love even though it makes me cry

Special days or things he’s always wanted to do. Random stuff. X

4 Likes

A vacation for you guys to take … no one can take “yesterday” away from you

4 Likes

Maybe a trip…if he can go?
Prayers and many many blessings sent your way.

Lots of love, make memories, another option. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts.

1 Like

What’s his dream vacay / bucket list items? I’d do those because memories are everything and theres nothing better than spending time making these memories together. Prayers for him, you and your family♥️

4 Likes

Spend time together, love is what we take with us . Prayers for all .

WOW!!! Sammie what a good idea.

Hugs & . prayers keep the faith .

1 Like

Take them somewhere. Spend time together with loved ones

Time together. Making more memories. A journal. Ways to communicate with loved ones. I pray he gets better.

3 Likes

A road trip to somewhere special, make a video of him talking to members of the family and one with everyone saying funny memories of him

So very sorry ! Prayers

1 Like

Praying for a new heart for your husband.

You give him lots and lots of love and i will be praying for your family

2 Likes

Prayers everything turns out

1 Like

Prayers ask God for a miracle

The lord decides when he takes you not doctors… have faith and enjoy each moment!

1 Like

Something useful for him that will be a sweet memory for you.

If He Has A Bucket List, Do Everything On That List, If Possible. Spend As Much Time With Him As Possible. Nothing Is More Special Then Being With Loved Ones.

3 Likes

Have everybody in the family write several short messages or memories etc. Place them all into an envelope and then into a box. Have at least enough for him to open one everyday (365!) May put a smile on his face especially on the hard days that are bound to come

4 Likes

Sending prayers, thoughts and big big hugs

Prayers. When my husband was very sick, he got a set of golf clubs.

A trip would be Nice

1 Like

Prayers for you and your family !! :heartbeat::kissing_heart: :pray:

Prayers for your family!

Prayers honey, I know this is a really hard time for you guys. Keep your chin up

A private vacation just the 2 of you

2 Likes