My husbands ex basically lives with my MIL: Advice?

How would you all feel if your husband’s baby momma basically lived with your MIL?? She is over there every week and stays several nights. I walked in there today, and she was cooking soup for everyone. I feel like it’s weird as hell, especially when I, my hubby, and daughter go over there, and she’s there.

36 Likes

Weird, but nothing you can do about it.

1 Like

Not your house. Suoer weird though lol Maybe shes helping her grandchilds mother. She probably had a good relationship with her.

5 Likes

Is this something new or has it been going on awhile? Doe he have children with her? Maybe shes in a hard place and being that grandma that she is she took them in? We need more info

Well it’s her ( mil) home right she can do as she pleases have over who she pleases she’s an adult
Plus the ex is the mother of his child
Grandma just likes to see in spend time with them n have a good relationship with every one

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t be ok with it either and it would be awkward . This is a good one to see everybody’s opinion on it .

1 Like

just go with the flow

5 Likes

If they don’t have a kid together then that’s super weird.

1 Like

Like it or not she’s part of the family &if your husbands family like her there’s nothing you can do about it.

8 Likes

Nothing you can do about it

1 Like

You joined the family. Get used to it!

It’s a little uncomfortable but I’d be glad she still has a good relationship the kid(s) grandmother.

2 Likes

Sounds like they co parent well. That’s what you have the possibility of dealing with when you get with someone who has kids

1 Like

Don’t eat that soup! :joy:

7 Likes

Do you and your husband have kids together? Seems like maybe you should try to be open and friendly with the baby mama if she is willing to be open and friendly too. Nothing better than a blended family that can get along for the babies! Sounds like grandma is just trying to help her grandkids mother!

2 Likes

I delt with this exact situation. I wasn’t comfortable with it at first. But after some good talks with my MIL she was mainly doing it to help her grandchild, my step son. I now have a great relationship with my MIL and my step sons mom. She has her own apartment now and they are doing great. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Oh my god she is the MOTHER OF HIS CHILD. NOT A BABYMOMMA. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
Now, weird? Kind of. But she came before you. Her and MIL probably are still close. Get over it. Also, she made soup, not tried to suck your mans dick. Dont like it, dont go over there. Boom. Simple fix.

12 Likes

I go visit my ex husbands mother all the time,I love that woman and just because her son and I didn’t work out doesn’t mean I have to stop caring about her. He even would show up with his new girlfriend and she’d get mad too😂 I was there for his mom not him . It’s called being a adult

14 Likes

Does he have kids w this woman? If so then you’ll probably have to just deal with it…but if hubby has no connection to her in that way I’d have a chat w hubby and mil about how uncomfortable it makes you

How is it weird his ex has her grand child

2 Likes

Weird but you cant do anything about it. She has one -or more- of your MIL’s grandchildren. Grandmas helping her out. Just cause the relationship between him and her didnt work doesnt mean his mom cant still do things with her, shes kinda part of that family now.

2 Likes

If she is an ex… and you trust you husband, why should you care? Obviously she was at one point a part of the family, just because she and your husband didnt work out doesnt mean your MIL and her dont have a relationship. Idk I just dont understand why people cant just be happy and get along. Unless she is coming between your relationship then I don’t see a problem. What’s wrong with making a new friend?

2 Likes

So would you feel better if the grandparents didn’t like her for your comfort? Its not up to you, it’s not your house and if it bothers you that they obviously love her and allow her to still be family then don’t go there.

3 Likes

I took care of my EX MIL who was dying of cancer. My ex had a new gf but they didnt like each other. Im still very close with my ex husbands family. They love me. Anyone sees me over there helping or hanging out…mind ya business lol

4 Likes

The family doesn’t have to divorce her to, you went into like that, get on getting used to it love! Hell, good for her and his parents to not be spiteful to each other!

Yeah that’d be awkward but not much you can do about it. Me and my mil get along really well and I’d like to think if something happened between me and her son that she’d still accept me and welcome me to her house.

I lived with my exs mother for a while. 🤷 she was all I had. And we were still good friends. Maybe you should feel awesome that your mother in law is that big hearted of a person.

1 Like

I know this is probably very rare :rofl::joy: but I get along with my mother in law really well and class her as a very close friend not just an in law so if me and my husband ever split up I would still hope we spend time together as she is a very special lady in mine and my kids life. Maybe they just have this kind of relationship as well and it’s something you may just have to live with xx

1 Like

I have a very good relationship eith my ex’s mom. We were never married but were together for over 6 years starting at age 15… which in that time I lived in her house with them. It’s co parenting. I go over there whenever I want, I have a key, I call her to vent, and if I ever needed a place I know she’d never let me down… I am HAPPILY married for 3 years been with my hubs for 6 years… he thought it was weird at first but eventually got used to it… she’s not going anywhere if she has a child with your SO.

Nothing wrong at all!

Well, I think it’s a little unconventional, but so is having a baby momma in the first place. I bet the little child involved really enjoys her mother and father being in the same happy place. Endure the awkwardness for her sake. Maybe try to be friends with the baby’s mom so you can enjoy the time there too. Might be difficult, but you’re married and you have to get through it.

4 Likes

They might have a good relationship. My MIL and I do not, but me husbands ex does. It doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not really your place to tell them who they can and cannot have in their home. If that is their grand babies mom, they probably just want to have a relationship. Just because your husband and her didn’t work out doesn’t mean the family broke up with her.

2 Likes

How did they separate? If it wasn’t on horrible terms than it’s ok for her to still have a relationship with the ex… No one says you have to separate from the entire family… I have exs that I can still talk to and their family…

You think that’s weird? My ex husband, his girlfriend and her kids live with me and our kids

9 Likes

Its good that she has a good relationship with the mother of her grandchild, that is very important. Just because they split up, doesnt mean that everyone else has to stop talking to her as well, they are still family after all… There could be boundaries though , and if youre uncomfortable maybe not go over there when she is visiting but a good healthy relationship is important when kids are involved.

Mind your damn business :joy::joy: you sound annoying

I dont have a relationship with either of my in-laws and have to say, I know I am not missing out on anything. But if i did have a relationship with them I can say it would be extremely awkward

1 Like

My mom has a very good relationship with my granny. Her and my dad have been divorced for 16 years. My mom lives down the road from them and they watch my little sister(half sister)

My mother in law kisses my husband’s ex baby momma’s ass and her family. They have her brain washed. She’s really only a part time Grandma to my daughter.

Did it bother you before you were married or after?

1 Like

She is family, she is the mother of your husbands child. I would be glad that baby has family who are all there for her/him!

2 Likes

As long as she is civil… Does it matter?

She was once apart of that family… She is tied to them by blood.

2 Likes

Been married 30 years and just came into town my FIRST stop was my oldest daughters Gramma (my ex mil)we are close she’s been a mom to me too.

2 Likes

My family is a POS. My husband parents are all I have. Even if we break up they are still going to be my parents .

2 Likes

Me and my ex mil live together. We do it for the kids. Her son is a P.O.S. and wants nothing to do with our child or the one I’m about to have. She wants to be apart of her grandbabies lives and I want her to as well. It might not be comfortable for everyone, but every family dynamic is different.

4 Likes

I went through that. My oldest sons father has lived with my parents for the past 10 years. It was terrible at first and we never got along. But would hace much rather had him have a place to live so my son can see him in a safe environment. He is now a business owner and has been helping my family for the past 5 years with stuff. He has become a great friend of mine and he and my husband get along great too. It’s not about us, but the kids. We have to make sure that they are taken care of and happy. It may be weird and awkward for a bit, but if it continues, you guys need to just figure out how to all get along and become civil/friends if that is possible.

talk about petty lmfao damn be an adult. She isn’t bothering you by being there. They were her in laws first and just because a man and a woman split up doesn’t mean she has to drop his family too

Unless she’s being hateful to you, what is the problem? She was their “daughter”, and she’ll always be their grandbabie’s mama. I have people in my life that I refuse to give up just because someone else I love is no longer friends with them. We co-exist. The kids are who matters, and if they see everybody being civil and adult about things, that is a really good example to set.

2 Likes

Me and my ex’s family are still very close, as well as me and my ex and his spouse! I find it to b great specially for the kids involved to see us all interacting, no fighting or arguing, just a lot of people in there lives that love and care for them

3 Likes

Maybe she lost her own mother and considers her a motherly figure. Maybe shes known the MIL since she was a kid. Maybe the MIL would like it if you dropped in more often. Could be so many different factors to this. It’s a good thing when everyone is getting along, when kids are involved

I am still close to my ex inlaws, we broke up almost 4 years ago. I still go to christmas at their home and we celebrated my sons birthday at their home…it was hot and we had a pool party. To me this is not a big deal.

1 Like

she’s the baby mama which means his mom is her kid’s grandmother so it’s not weird … at least you know his child is living in a safe environment instead of on the streets somewhere

1 Like

How is it weird for those saying it’s weird?? I go to my ex Mil house she’s the grandmother to my child and still treats me like a part of the family. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I’m “that” baby mama in this scenario. My oldest sons dads mother and I are extremely close. In fact, we see each other as mother and daughter and she calls my other kids her grandsons, my husband was her son in law, etc. In my eyes, family is family. Whether it’s by blood, by bond, by marriage or by children. My oldest sons dad doesn’t necessarily like it, his gf HATES it. But oh well. You need to do some soul searching on why it bothers you so much. It takes a village to raise children. If she’s not an actual problem, you should try to be more accepting and welcoming. She was there first and you are now his wife, you are both extremely important women in his life and the children’s lives.

4 Likes

Some of you need to reread the post. All she is saying is that it’s weird. Nothing else. Good Lord 🤦

2 Likes

You have to either accept things as they are or not go over there-just make the best of what is good for your family

Might wanna just get used to it. Maybe you 2 will end up being friends? I love my husband’s ex, and him and my ex get along too. It makes life a lot easier that way lol

2 Likes

She’s being a grandparent. What’s wrong with that?

1 Like

Family is family! The fact that she wants to keep a good relationship with the mother of her grandchild makes me want to applaud her and tell you to take a cue from your MIL’s book.

8 Likes

Since they have kids together it’s not that bad but if they didn’t then that would be very weird and kind of disrespectful lol

Insecurities are the worst.
They can make you think irrational.
It’s weird only if you make it.
Not everyone is perfect though and can hold that emotion in. Good luck :heart:

2 Likes

I’m that “baby momma” I swear this about me, you don’t even look or speak to me either do you??? You make it weird. We have a child together too I don’t find it weird when you bring your baby. :woman_shrugging:t3:

12 Likes

Weird, depends. She is family, whether you like it or not. her baby and your kids are siblings, they are blood and family. I think it’s great that you all get along as that seems to be rare these days. And that child of hers, is still your MIL’s grandbaby and your husbands child.

4 Likes

They have a child together, she has a right to be a grandmas house hanging out and staying the night, just like you do.

1 Like

It depends on what the dynamics are. For example is the ex rude to you in any way? Is she flirtatious with your husband or does she do anything at all that puts a strain on your marriage? Is she still in love with your husband or vice versa or is she only there because she genuinely loves your MIL and have been close for many years? Try your best to figure out what the ex wife motives are and go from there. Would you really be happier if your MIL told her she cant come over anymore because your insecure but if she is truly causing a problem in your marriage speak up and let everyone know even her

1 Like

let me ask you this do you pay any of the bills of that house if your answer is no then shut the fuck up. if it is not your home it is none of your concern.

If you get into a relationship with a man who has kids, unless they are 18, THE MOTHER WILL BE AROUND. Jesus Christ :roll_eyes: if you have an issue with it DON’T GET WITH A MAN WHO HAS KIDS BEFORE YOU! That cuts out a baby mama, since it seems like you can’t be an adult about his ex being at her child’s GRANDMOTHERS house. Don’t like it? Stay home.

8 Likes

Tbh nothing to do with u not your house as as long as shes being nice and stuff dont see the probs thinking nice for the kids all round xxx

2 Likes

I’m still very close with my ex’s family. I go over to their place to visit. They are invited to our kid’s parties (even the kids I don’t have with their son). They’re like a second family to me and my fiance has absolutely no problem with it,neither should any female my ex dates. We ended things for a reason,but his family was always there for me,and I wouldn’t stop talking to them just because him and I ended things. They are my child’s grandparents…

2 Likes

I still stay with my baby daddy’s family on trips. I talk to them a ton and even get holiday presents! Whether he has a gf or not is irrelevant I am family.

6 Likes

You can’t control who’s at your MILs house so don’t waste your energy. She’s family cause she gave them a grandkid.

2 Likes

Well, it sounds like there’s a good family dynamic there to be honest. Seems great to show the kids that everyone can get along. Is this new? Or something that has been going on since before you married him.

3 Likes

First of all why can’t you spell or say my in-laws???

2 Likes

Bro what? His child mother is allowed to have a relationship with her child’s grandma and you sound like a baby momma ( ghetto) grow up and stop being a weirdo

4 Likes

I think you need to grow up and accept the fact that this woman and her child which is your children’s half-sibling is part of the family. Stop making it weird and uncomfortable and deal with it.

3 Likes

Edna Evette Rose I’m glad we all get along now!! Co-parenting is the best way to go!!

2 Likes

Is he staying there too? No? Then don’t worry about it.

3 Likes

You have no say in who is in her life. She is not responsible for your feelings. No one has an obligation to cut anyone out based off your feelings.
My ex’s mom claims my youngest (not her son’s child) as her grandchild and has him sleep over and puts pictures up on her FB of him. The first time she put a picture of him on her FB her other son (my ex brother in law) messaged her saying it was disrespectful to my ex. However, my ex was fine with it because he knows our relationship. Just because two people break up doesn’t mean that the whole family disconnects especially with kids involved.

6 Likes

U might think it’s wired but she and your hubby aren’t together for a reason so be glad they r acting like.adults

6 Likes

Yeah that’s very weird and I wouldn’t be happy about it. It’s one thing to have a good relationship for the sake of a child that’s a whole other thing when the ex still acts like she’s married to the family

3 Likes

Ew. Some of these comments are so uncalled for!

I’d be bothered by it too. I understand having to deal with his ex occasionally because they have a kid together, but it sounds like there are some boundary issues going on there with the ex and MIL. I would have a sit down with your husband and tell him how you feel about it… then, he should be the one who has a talk with his mother and sets those boundaries into place. After all, you signed up for a relationship with him and his kids… not his ex.

7 Likes

I can understand feeling weird, but ask yourself this. Besides it just being odd to you, has she ever seemed like a threat to you? Has your husband ever treated you poorly in front of her? Are you ignored by his family if she is there?
If any of the above is going on, then I’d have a sit down about how things make you feel, if not, then maybe a step back, and realize that her and your husband are exes for a reason, you are sharing a child that she birthed, and there is never a such thing as too much love or too many family members.

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re immature. You should be thankful that his “baby mama” as you called her is still civil and friendly with everyone. I’m sure it helps with the co-parenting relationship

5 Likes

Not your home not your business. Even with no child…What’s wrong with MIL helping or spending time with family? Because no matter how you see it with a child she will always be family. I think this should be a plus to you to see that your in laws stick by family. Grow up and move on.

If you don’t like it, call first to check if she’s there and visit when she isn’t :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Lol it will never change… my relationship ended due to the exact same crap … who wants to go anywhere where ya get the eye roll …

3 Likes

GrOW Up. That’s not advice. That’s just you telling her what yall should do.

As adults we need more of this actually. Anyone involved with children should have a decent co-parenting relationship. You said baby momma so obviously this woman has her grandchild which means your daughter has a sibling…so yes all party’s involved should be civil and be able to converse with each-other and get along for the children’s sake.

3 Likes

Can’t we all just get along

2 Likes

LuisandBrittany Flores ?

1 Like

Sure it’d be weird but none of my business what the MIL does

3 Likes

Yes I think it’s super weird! And I would feel awkward also. She needs to move out and move on! 

1 Like

This is a case where she is taking advantage of being the “Ex” what if she gets her own man??? I guarantee you she is not in a relationship of her own… if she was… she would NOT be acting this way

3 Likes

Not wrong. Maybe be nicer about it and who knows you guys might end up being friends and even better parents to your daughter.
She was apart of the family and she will always be until there’s a reason for her not. Hubby with you? Hubby loves you? Hubby loves you? Hubby sleeps with you? There you go.

6 Likes

My daughter and I (and my then boyfriend, now husband) have actually gone on vacation (long weekend at the beach) with her father’s parents. We live about 5 minutes from their house and get invited over all the time for dinner, holidays, or to just hang out. It’s part of being an extended family! I gave them their first grandchild and they treat me like I’m one of their children. My only advice is to get over it, and be thankful MIL still treats her with respect because that could be you some day. If you feel weird, that’s on you, but you can’t expect MIL to not allow someone in her own house just because you’re uncomfortable.

5 Likes

Sounds like she’s being the bigger person and trying to be involved with someone who’s in her child’s life maybe?

4 Likes

You need to put your big girl underwear on and act like an adult. Not your house. Not your business.

7 Likes

I don’t guess it’s really your business. It’s not your house.

5 Likes

She needs to get her own place
She’s probably making grandma feel guilty or something
She needs to move on

1 Like