My husbands ex basically lives with my MIL: Advice?

So become friends. You might end up liking her

5 Likes

Mindyour own damn business…
It’s not your house your mil can do what she wants with who she wants

I would feel like it isnt my house. Say hey and pull up a chair.

1 Like

So… if it’s his babymama and your mother in law… that means her kid is your mother in laws grandbaby… she has no reason not to be there

6 Likes

You need to grow the fuck up or move on… You are not the mother of their child. And if they choose as me and my ex husband did to have a huge family unit not a split family that hurts our children. Sounds like you just need to grow the fuck up

Maybe try to foster a friendship with her too. It would be good for the kids in the long run if all they ever had was a peaceful family :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I mean she did give birth to their grand child?

4 Likes

What was she cooking ?

1 Like

She’s cooking home made soup
Grab a bowl and sit down and chat!

3 Likes

Was it collard greens? Liver and onions? Meatloaf ? Pizza? Did SHE PUT PINEAPPLE ON THE PIZZA?

1 Like

So she has her own home and chooses to hang out of her ex MILs house? That’s weird af.

1 Like

If nothing inappropriate is going on then don’t worry about it so much. Remember she was a part of their family before you and I know in my family once you’re in we don’t lock you out unless you hurt us.

Maybe she has a good relationship with your MIL? My MIL and I have a great relationship I wouldn’t stop visiting her if my partner and I broke up or if he got a new partner, our friendship goes beyond her just being my partners mother.
I mean she did birth your MIL’s grandchild, and was previously in a relationship with her son, seems like she’s just trying to build some stability for everyone to be on common ground, embrace her effort you may just come to a mutual understanding or friendship.

1 Like

Maybe she didn’t have a nurturing mother and your mil is filling that space for her. He married You so make nice and let grandma enjoy her grandchild and her company. She might be filling a need for your mil also, don’t judge.

1 Like

I honestly wouldn’t think it’s weird. When me and my husband split up (we were just dating a d living together) I was pregnant and had no where to go… he actually moved out with his new girlfriend and him and his dad let me stay with his dad. Obviously not the same kind of situation because we ended up getting back together after I had our oldest by still…it’s her kids grandparents too… I wish my husbands baby mama would come I’ve and bring the kids and cook :joy: but we live too far away and they hate each other.

I really dont see a problem with this. Jus means the family is close so the children can be together often the grandparents see the children often isnt that a good thing. It sounds also like she helping the grandparents out. Maybe she jus very family oriented and stays there to help out.

She’s probably just friends with them, also she has their grand babies

Not your house, not your guest, not your call. Move on and grow up!

5 Likes

Why not just get along with your husband’s ex? Her child is your husband’s. Being friends with her would make you guys great co parents. I don’t know why there always has to be bad blood between ex baby mamas and new baby mamas. Just get along. Your children are siblings. She probably wants to know the woman who spends time with her child. And your mother in law is her child’s grandmother still. There should be no issue at all with her and your mother in law being friends.

3 Likes

You’re really giving limited information here.

If your husband and his ex had a serious relationship, then no, there’s nothing wrong with it. Instant hostility against ex’s and baby momma’s/daddies is immature and stupid. If they had a serious relationship and she wasn’t able to get back on her feet after the breakup, I don’t see any reason his mother would have a problem with her staying at the house, especially if she has custody or spend significant time with the kid(s).

So everybody needs to pash her away cuz it makes you feel a certain way?

True story! And you are always welcome at my house!:heart:

That’s her kids grandma and the mother of your kids sibling. I mean yeah I would be uncomfortable with it for a bit but I would get the hang of it. Did you know this before you married him and had a kid with him? Because I think that’s something you should have thought about prior to marriage.

I know how you feel. My mother and her husband moved my ex in with them and even tried to help him try to get custody of my daughter. They failed tho. Got caught it lies by court

It’s still her daughter’s grandparent. If she isn’t trying to get in the way of you and your husband then I think you really need to grow up and be mature about the whole situation. I’d like to think that I’d have a close relationship with my partners family if we were to ever split up as our kids need to see a healthy co-parenting relationship.

1 Like

Sure it may be weird but I moved my husband’s baby’s mom into OUR house the night before we got married :woman_shrugging:
We all hav unique live and do things differently.

Why is this even an issue apparently their relationship didn’t work out so they ended it but she had a bond with his family
It’s not like he staying there when she stays
He didn’t marry her he married you what the big freaking deal
Come one people let’s get over this huge jealousy thing and grow up that’s the number one reason people get divorced is over analyzing everything and make a huge deal out of nothing

Nothing she just s with Mom not the house b. Big girl panties. An ex is not an enemy find some esteem.

I find it pretty wierd. But if it not your house then you really shouldnt have that much of a problem with it especially if she hasnt been interfering with your relationship to your husband…

I’d love if me and my fiances ex got along for kids sake. be grateful there no drama.

1 Like

FIL in the picture? If not, she might be helping out there plus bringing baby with her. How long have you been married? Do you give MIL a heads up when you are coming? If ex drives you must see car in driveway, just don’t go in. What your husband decides is up to him if you are going together. Allot of questions like does he get his child at all, if not then MIL’s is where he gets to see child. Try to go with the flow for your husband’s sake. She might be a nice gal just not the one for your husband.

Sounds like a nice relationship. I divorced my ex-husband not his family. His parents were like my grandparents and I loved them dearly.

Who lives in your mother in laws house is none of your business.

1 Like

My mother and I lived with my dad’s mom for a little while when I was a kid.

I have a great friendship with my ex MIL. and my ex and I Coparented well together. His wife had an issue with our relationship based on her own insecurities.

8 Likes

It may be awkward for you but it’s not about you. It’s great that the family relationship is held together for the child. The question is always what’s best for the child?

14 Likes

My fiancé is very close to his ex wife’s family. I had issues with it at first only because to me it was a little weird, but after talking to my fiancé about it I saw things differently. He divorced his ex not her family. They have three kids together and her family still thinks the world of my fiancé. We will be married in a week and he’s invited some of his exes family to our wedding. I had my issues about it but once I saw things differently I don’t mind. I mean the kids love their family all their family. I’ve tried being nice to his ex wife but she don’t like me. Don’t allow yourself to overthink things it makes things a lot more messier then they need to be. My fiancé and I have been invited over to his ex in-laws plenty of times. Remember the kids happiness always comes first and embrace that you married into such a wonderful family. His ex is remarried and my fiancé is still in their eyes a son. If you aren’t being left of out things then let it go.

3 Likes

If they had such a great relationship, got along that well and cared that much about the kid (they claiming to be around for the sake of the kid) then why did they breakup? It’s OK to visit time and again, but an ex living with My mil…naaaa. There’s gonna be choices to be made if they leave her live there.

I mean at least his child’s mother isn’t homeless. She’s not living with you.

I would say, you are a grown up. Deal with it.

My sons father (my ex) comes to our house every thanksgiving, Christmas etc. since our son was 2 and now our son together is 25 but we want to spend as much time together as we can, visiting the grandkids and all being together. Unless his ex is abusive or some other dynamic I don’t see why you care. Jealousy maybe? Kids love both parents usually so why make them choose by being divisive. Teach your kids that being kind and forgiving is the best policy

10 Likes

a conversation needs to take place…hard tho:}

3 Likes

If they have children together get the hell over it.

3 Likes

All for what’s best for the kids but BOUNDARIES BABY

12 Likes

Nope, been there, not worth the Trouble, unnecessary Anxiety.

6 Likes

Make it work for the children.

Might be weird but it’s what it is …But do yourself a favor dont try to compete for MIL let there relationship be there relationship and let your relationship be your relationship…

3 Likes

Embrace the situation, and use it as an opportunity to be great co parents, good luck

1 Like

I would just talk it over with her. Just set some type of boundaries. But it’s just best if they keep some type of health friendly relationship for the child.

Is she causing drama? No? Then leave it alone. It’s only weird if you make it weird. If he has a child with this woman then she is family for life. I say as long as she isn’t trying to get back together with your man then boss up and let her be.

15 Likes

It is his baby mom so? She always going to be around.

Not what’s best for one individual, bet what is agreed upon, in the family, not friends of the family and a child will grow up and have her or his on life and family.

I’d be super jealous but that’s not her fault lol she’s still part of the family. :sweat_smile: Id work on trying to get over your insecurities.

I think that’s super weird and disrespectful to your relationship with your husband. I’m curious as to what your husband says about this. Also I think she’s trying to weasel her way back in to his life.

9 Likes

That is no respect to u or ur husband…your husband needs to tell his mother how disrespectful it is.i would not go there if she was there.and if she was there and u walked In Turn around and walk out tell ur MIL u will see her another time.

2 Likes

So, I’m married, and have 3 kids with my husband, and 1 kid from a prevouis relationship I was in. I was friends with my oldest son’s father, and his cousin, for years before dating him, and having our son together. I am extremely close with my oldest son’s family. We go to birthdays together, do holidays together, and so on. My younger children with my husband, call their brother’s family members, aunts or uncles, or grandma or grandpa. I, in no way, want to be with my oldest son’s father. I get along with his wife, and I respect their relationship, and expect the same out of them. My oldest son’s father, is actually still really close with my dad, and they talk a lot. So this scenario isn’t outwardly weird or alarming to me, at all. However, if you feel a boundary is being passed, say something. To me, I’ve always said, my family, is no more my son’s family, than his dad’s family. Although, I am not with his father (nor do either of us want to be with eachother and are happy with our spouses) we both felt, itd be good for our son, to have his whole family together when possible. We don’t spend the whole holiday or birthday together, but my son has never missed a birthday or holiday with any family side. We all celebrate together.

3 Likes

We are one of those weirdo families that goes on summer vacation every year with my husbands ex. It’s great because the 2 kids they share get to vacation with all of their siblings: mine with my husband and their mothers kids after she and my husband divorced. It’s for the kids, and if everyone acts like adults, it’s no issue.
Disclaimer: there was no drama. I met my husband a few years after their divorce was finalized.

2 Likes

You really don’t have a say so in who your in laws have over. Don’t go if it makes you that uncomfortable

5 Likes

RUN. There’s plenty of fish in the sea. Don’t deal with the drama. Life’s too short to be uncomfortable.

3 Likes

When my ex husband left me and my 3 month old daughter for his new girlfriend I moved in with my in laws for support, she and him didn’t like it but I had a relationship before she came in the picture and was not interested in making up with him, so they had to grow up because children don’t ask to be brought into special situations :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Honestly… it’s not your business :woman_shrugging:t2: his mom can associate with whomever she chooses… Don’t like it? Stay home :woman_shrugging:t2: He broke up with her his mom didn’t and that’s still the mother of her grandchildren… Maybe don’t be so insecure? The relationship ended for a reason and he chose to marry you

4 Likes

If she’s not trying to go after your husband, then I wouldn’t care.

Doesn’t seem like she poses an actual threat, and personally I would’ve said “Hook me up with some of that soup” :ok_hand::yum::bowl_with_spoon:

3 Likes

my ex son n law lived with my husband and I with his new wife… they now rent our home as we moved to another location…

That is really disrespectful to me is obvious that the mother maybe never wanted them to part and is gonna try to break yall up or something. Something needs to be said and done cause that is too much. If your mother in law wants to spend time with her she can while you all are not there

3 Likes

that’s his family too wether you want it to be or not shes gonna be around. she has a good relationship with his family… she has their grandchild so that’s a good thing. I just wouldnt want them alone.

When a couple gets divorced doesn’t mean they divorced the whole family. If you lived those in-laws you should have the right to visit. Sounds like you need to grow up. I’m talking from experience when the children came from another city or home from the service every one gathered at my house . The X and his wife were both welcome

2 Likes

I wouldnt mind. My son comes first no matter what. He loves his bio dad and i would feel bad if i did ANYTHING that would upset my son and his relationships regarding HIS relatives

2 Likes

It takes a village. Maybe mil enjoys the company.

1 Like

If your husband shares a child with her then it’s not really weird, although it may be awkward. You should try to get along with her for the good of the child. It’s better for everyone that way.

2 Likes

Don’t feel insecure, it’s not about you, it’s about the baby. Keep it cool.

Kid could go. Guess it would depend on breakup

Not your house and that is her grandchild! You dont like it dont go there when she is there!

1 Like

if you feel weird then don’t go stay at home

You’re not allowed to have any opinion of it. You sound so annoying trying to ruin a beautiful thing. Your husband needs to run. You’re insecure n drama filled :nauseated_face:

1 Like

You are in a polygamous marriage, investigate nicely, your hubby is still seeing that girl​:frowning::weary:

8 Likes

I would not be going back

1 Like

You’re going to have to suck it up. MIL likes it. Her castle, her rules. Make nicey-nicey and carry on.

2 Likes

To hell with that…my opinion

2 Likes

No need to hold on to the past…she’s there probably cause she needs the help right now. …be kind!!,

That would be really difficult but you do what is right for your daughter and hubby. You are a family unit and you don’t want to stress out over someone who shouldn’t influence the way you feel. She is the ex so smile, be friendly and don’t compare yourself because you are unique and amazing and that’s why you have it this way xx

1 Like

“Baby mama”? So she’s the mother of his child(ren). Be friendly. She is only an enemy if you allow her to be… she will always be in the picture

10 Likes

Make friends . It’ll b easier all around. Especially for u. Who knows what future holds…

This is only weird if you make it so. I can honestly say that if my husband and I split I’d likely still show up at the in laws with my son all the time. Sometimes the new family adopts you in and you become theirs. Add children to the mix and that’s gives you bonds that are incredibly strong. I know several people who get along super well with their exes/exes families and all parties just think of themselves as a “family” . If more blended families had this outlook, think of how much less drama and frustration over the dreaded exes there would be. Also, how amazing of an example is it for any children involved to see that a breakup does not mean that you do not have to lose people from your family, but only the dynamic changes.

You should hit on her, I really think that would solve it. Disregard my first answer

Don’t go there then problem solved sorry I find this funny :joy:

2 Likes

I would ask your MIL to come and visit you so you don’t have to go there. It is highly unusual.

10 Likes

Make her a friend. It will make it easier on all of you.

1 Like

Since she is family to your MIL ( as mother of her grand daughter) why would they not have a good relationship? Either your man is with you or he is not. I consider my husband’s ex as a friend, my kids call her Auntie.

10 Likes

That’s what family is…

Learn to get along. It’s not about you. It’s about the kids.

6 Likes

b confident. Anything goes nowadays. It’s only weird if u make it that way. People. Human beings. Living lives. She comes with…

2 Likes

I had a aunt who married three brother and kids by all three

Jaclynn Samudio :relaxed::heart:

1 Like

wow. my fucking life! Shayne Thomas :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would look past it. He was with her at one point, and they know and love her as he once did. They have a grandchild by her, she should be welcome. Maybe they treat her better than her own parents. Maybe she didn’t have a great relationship with her grandparents and wants the baby to. :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

:woman_facepalming:she birthed a child into their family and they clearly love her your not in high school if you can’t see your step child’s mother without feeling some type of way stay home :woman_shrugging:not trying to be rude but just bc they broke up doesn’t mean she doesn’t love the family and they don’t love her it’s not your house if you don’t like it just don’t go

7 Likes

It weird but tuff. You Have to suck it up for the kids. X

2 Likes

She will always be part of his and your life. It all comes down to trust

1 Like

These bitches can’t get over the feeling. If it makes you uncomfortable, don’t go…MIL can go to ur house if she really wants to. Express to your husband that it is super weird and annoying. It is extremely rare when it’s a “CUTE HEALTHY BLENDED FAMILY” Nooooo, sis, some petty females have an agenda. Keep the peace and stay in your happy place with no negativity.

1 Like

You know what. After my first husband and I were divorced his new wife and I became best friends. We co raised our children together. When I lost my job and my way. They opened their home to me for 6 months. My second ex husband and his girlfriend came and stayed with me when they fell on hard times. You dont have to be enemy’s unless you choose to. I have 3 ex daughter’s in law. I love all 3 of them. They are all a parent to a grand child. Just because they divorced my son does not make them my enemy. Each of them are always welcome in my home. We are all very close. Just because she is HIS EX. does not make her MIL"S ex. Your husband and her are divorced. They have moved on. They are the past. This concept of having to ostracize an ex is juvenile and ridiculous. The problem is in you. You are jealous, envious and fearful. And petty. You must deal with these issue. The issue isnt that the MIL is still and always will be MILs daughter law. The issue is you wont deal with and accept that as fact. I can assure you. Your attitude will bring strife. You attitude is prideful. Pride is a deadly sin. Meaning a prideful heart will only lead to lost, lonely and miserable life. Love is love. the MIL love for her Daughter in law does not end just because you are now in the picture. Nor should it. I encourage you greatly to grow up and accept things as they are. Learn to embrace love of every kind… This person has done nothing to you. Under different circumstances she could probably be your best friend. Yet you condemn her solely on the fact that she ONCE had a relationship with your man. That is wrong. That is the wrong way to think. She is not your enemy unless you make her that. This women could be a great ally and could possibly bring good into your life. Look at her as a human being. Swallow your shallow pride. Grow up and accept this person. be kind and be open to friendship and love. You have a choice. Do that. Or bitch about it. be angry. be jealous be a bitch to the point that NO one wants to be around you. Lose you man, and lose any chance of having a loving beneficial extended and unique family where love is strong. Where you have support and encouragement. Be apart of the family. Dont come in and try to change and break it up. I assure you. You will lose. God bless you. I pray you change your heart if not for your self. For your children. Love wins. always LOVE WINS…