My husbands ex basically lives with my MIL: Advice?

I still talk to and visit my ex mother in law. She even invited me and bf to spend a few days with her over the summer.
I was with her son for 7 years and I’m the mother of her grand children. We’re still family.

6 Likes

I think all of you have lost your dam minds🤷‍♂️ for the kids, for the kids sake… Are you kidding me? That is BS the exes will always have communication or at least until the child reaches the age of 18 however , That mother-in-law is very disrespectful towards the new daughter-in-law. They are divorced that woman is no longer her daughter in the law . They should still have a relationship the ex daughter-in-law with the ex mother-in-law however not the kind of relationship that’s going on as you described! And everybody can be mature and not fight or argue for the kids sake however there is no need for the ex daughter-in-law to be spending the night and be eating dinner over there especially when her ex-husband comes with his wife! Sorry people but this is not natural and you guys are acting like oh after a while the Saul be no big deal everything will run smooth you’re living a pipe dream😡

1 Like

A girl my fiancé slept with while we were separated lived with my mother in law and I made her kick her out. I told her I was her family and if she expected me and my kids to come over there then she had to tell her she had to find somewhere else to live and she did. The girl came and got her shit that same day and left.

2 Likes

My ex-husband lived with my mom for a while. It was strange, but she usually took in those in need.:neutral_face:

Your husband should tell your MIL she’ll have to come to his house to see him. That the situation is extremely uncomfortable. It’s one thing for her grandchild to stay there, an entirely different thing for the ex to be there like that.

1 Like

So your mad they have a good relationship and hang out weekly? Get over it, learn to get along and join in on the soup making💁

3 Likes

I have a friend who stays with her exes mom because that’s still her kids grandma & family. Helping out is a good thing. Offer to help her cook next time, ask her if she’s doing alright. Take the kids to a museum together…

Sounds like shes a great women making soup for everyone and your MIL is fond of her. Sounds like your jealous tbh. My ex husband, my 9 year olds father visits my parents often, helps them run errans, even brings his new girlfriend and baby to visit my parents (I encourage it). Not sure why its weird? Positive realtionships are the best. Sounds like your causing unnessary drama imo. Why? Soley because she was here before you? Embrace it, my ex husband has been so amazing, he and my current spouse, also my youngest sons father are now friends. Its wonderful. Your being extremely petty.

1 Like

Why is it weird they have a child together, suck it up buttercup it’s not about you it’s about the kiddos

1 Like

I don’t see an issue. I’m sorry I still talk and see my exes family… yes we have a child together as well. We get along hell I went to my exes wedding over two years ago. It’s called co parenting and doing what’s best for the child… not you. You’re uncomfortable but I bet that child loves seeing all her family together and getting along.

1 Like

It isn’t usual to feel a little funny but its best to just try to put your feelings behind you for everyone involved. You might take some fresh bread next time or something to drink/or even a desert. The ex-wife is actually helping your husbands mother.

That seems like a complicated cuz we dont know baby mamas financial situation

If your uncomfortable it’s bad, unless she has no where, then your going to have to sdcc uffer

Better suck it up Bonus Mom … learn to live peacefully with your hubby’s baby momma, cause like it or not, you’re gonna have her in your life from now on. YOU are her daughter’s father’s wife, so basically learn to be the Bonus Mom you are.

3 Likes

Gotta suck it up. It’s about the kids not your feelings.

Omg really?? Jealous much??