My husbands ex wants him to do work for her for free: Thoughts?

How childish do you have to be. They have kids together so he will look after his kids whatever way that comes across. Sounds like someone is jealous. Not your business if she wants it switched out or what she has. You putting her down on Facebook because it sounds like she has more then you do and that your husband their father isn’t loathing you in all kinds. Up to your husband what he wants to do for his children.

5 Likes

I’d be doing this stuff with my ex. He cheated so I feel like he owes me :joy::woman_shrugging:

I thank she should pay him to fix it.

1 Like

Everybody on this thread seems to be missing the fact that she WANTS a NEW thankless water heater. Her current one didn’t break, she just wants an upgrade. Thats not “fixing something for his kids”.

18 Likes

If he’s willing to do it for her and their kids on his own time then why not? Just because you feel that way doesn’t mean he has to think the way you do.

2 Likes

I can see where ur annoyed her asking him to do it for free when he’s got a busy schedule and a business to run… I think its fair to ask him to do something for the home that his children live in. If it’s just him doing the work I don’t see an issue with it. If it’s something that he has to have his employees help with that he can’t do by himself I think she should have to pay for the employees wage for the work. But I don’t see an issue with him doing it for free.

You said she is paying for the physical item and your mad she’s not paying for installation??? If his child/children ride in the new car shouldn’t you be happy she got a new car ? If the child/children get to play pool on the pool table shouldn’t you be happy for them ? Saying everything about what she just done (which sounds like most of it benifits his offspring too except the treadmill) just sounds like your jealous of her. You should be happy for his kid(s). And you honestly don’t know all the facts as of why the upgrade. It could be too small, it could be too big, it could cost more than the tankless. Unless you physically make her write out all the reasons she wants a tankless water heater you won’t know. Let him help the Mother of his child/children improve the KID(S) home. You’re jealous of someone bettering a person’s life who you’re supposed to equally love and care for.

8 Likes

If he has children living in the home 50% of the time then no I would have zero issue with him working on the home. Mine would do anything for his child’s mother because it benefits his child. Wish she would of let him instead of keeping him from us!
He would do anything for his and my family because he is a generous soul.
She should Absoultly pay for all the parts and tank.

I feel like I need more details. Does she do this often? Or is this the first time she’s asked him to help her out? She’s not needing this. She wants this. So In my opinion, the kids aren’t a factor because it’s not a need. If she does this often. Then I would ask my husband what he thinks about the situation. If he doesn’t mind. Then I probably wouldn’t either. But if he’s tried of her expecting help for free. Then I would stick behind his choice.

I simply think you sound bitter you’ve mentioned all this new stuff that she has but you tend to forget that he has a child with her. that’s the mother of his child regardless if he feels like it’s appropriate for her to have it so be it. Have you heard people helping one another .you do realize it’s not for her it’s simply for his child. I think you need to grow up and stop being jealous she has a new car you mentioned she has a new pool she decorated her house you seem like you are very bitter about it

1 Like

He should help, and she should not have to pay IMO.
But…she should have to wait until he has a slow day or when the plumbers are caught up from the freeze at least.

P.s what he decides to do is up to him. It really isn’t up to you who chooses to help.

1 Like

Y’all are cheap… “his kids live in that house, etc”. Please. They have 50/50 custody. It is not his job to maintain both homes and lose money in the process. If my kids didn’t have hot water at their dad’s they would be more than welcome to stay at my house until their dad got his situation figured out.

14 Likes

I think what you’re asking is fair!

2 Likes

#UWrong&Petty. If his kids live there why not help out. It’s not ur business of what she had wants or purchases. It’s in between him and her and if he’s willing to do it that is his decision to b made not urs. #JealousyIsaB I can guarantee u would b singing a different tune of u all of a sudden found urself just being a babies mother and not a wife. He has a lifetime bond with her like it or not it’s real.

4 Likes

My ex has helped me on many occasions. He has worked on my car and home. We are friends, we have children together. Our kids know mom and dad care and respect one another.
It is a good lesson for the kids. Bitterness is not something you want to teach them.
( You sound bitter and jealous).
I do agree she should wait until he’s not busy. She has paid for the parts, they are his children also.

5 Likes

His child lives there! In my opinion he should want to help the mother of his child in anyway he can ! You want the kid /kids to be safe

4 Likes

Let him just help her out for free because his children live there too, so he’s actually helping them as well. It isn’t a huge issue and just looks petty on your part if you make it into one.

4 Likes

Is it an emergency or an upgrade? It’s an upgrade than I would ask her to wait until he can get to her, unless he does it in his spare time. And no, I don’t think she should have to pay what everyone else pays, they have children together.

2 Likes

If i had to deal with an ex-husbands shenanigans and found a way I could benefit from him, as repayment :rofl:… Hell yea I would. And I wouldnt care what kind of inconvenience it is.

1 Like

Just let him make the decision and stand by his choice seems like your making things more difficult js

7 Likes

His kids live there…of course he should help

4 Likes

I have custody of my kids and the dad isn’t allowed to come any closer to my house than it takes to sit in his car for the kids to be sent out to him.

1 Like

Do his kids live there part of the time? Hes the Dad. It’s his job to take care of it…:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

He should tell her, sorry I am too busy taking care of my paying customers right now but when I am finished I could possibly give you a good deal.

4 Likes

I would say if your husband has free time then I’d the relationship between your husband and his ex is good I don’t see a problem with him helping her but if he has others that are paying they come first

3 Likes

She is the mother of his children, you said yourself they’re with both of you 50/50. Sounds very selfish of you. Put yourself on the other side of the equation, would you ask him the same if they were your children with him, and the kids needed hot water for baths?

2 Likes

The article says there is nothing wrong with the heater that is there so why you all up in her face about oh but the children live there!? If the ex can afford a new car, new furniture and redecorate then she can afford to pay the cost a plumber would charge. JUST because she was married to him and they have children does not mean he should be available to her for all her wants and needs. He pays his maintenance, he sees his children, he does his share. Why must he do it for free? He is running a business, you can’t be giving free service cos then the business will collapse. If he wants to do it at a cheaper rate then fine but she must wait her turn like everyone else.

5 Likes

I wouldnt charge my ex full rates but I’d also not do it for ‘free’

Suck it up and give her the discount before she takes you back to court for more money. Record everything and the next time she asked for a little more mention to her how much revenue he lost by giving her a freebie

That’s the mother of his children! But just like any other favor it would have to be when he has some free time outside of work.