My husbands friend made an inappropriate comment about me: Advice?

It’s a joke not a dick. Don’t take it so hard.

12 Likes

Yeah I would tell the guy flat out I wouldnt suck him off with a borrowed throat. what an asshat. and your husband needs to grow a pair of balls and tell the dude to apologize

Guys talk nasty to each other and it doesn’t mean he was literally asking for that to happen. Although maybe who knows…

3 Likes

I mean if this is how he jokes he should have been made aware he was on bluetooth so he wouldnt say something like that in front of the kids. Otherwise, I’d take it as a compliment. He probably thinks your hot and is jealous your husband got you first.

I have had many guys compliment me or make comments about my ass in front of my husband. My husband doesnt mind bc he knows I’m not going anywhere and their comments wont lead to anything.

Ps to all of those saying it’s just a joke… it could be fine to you but just because your ok with it doesnt mean other are or have to be. Some people are ok with 3 guys fucking them at once others would say no. Some like to be “punished” other would call that abuse because it’s not what they at work with. Its NOT up to you yo decided what is and isnt ok for another person. Plus this is sexual harassment, if he were to do this at any job he would be taken to court and fired.

Totally disrespectful and your husband needs to address it .My husband wouldn’t dare let one of his friends say such especially in front of our child !

9 Likes

Nope nope nope. :-1:t3::-1:t3::-1:t3::-1:t3::-1:t3::-1:t3::-1:t3:

My hubby would have lost his mind. And anyone who thinks it’s ok to speak tomorrow about any wan that way…well, I feel for your daughters and hope like Hell you aren’t raising sons to think like you🤦

17 Likes

Tell your husbands “friend” the next time or if there is a next time he says anything about a blow job, " i would but word on the street is the last time a chick gave u a BJ she said she couldn’t find ur dick cause it was so small"

1 Like

If my partners friend said that to me he’d break his jaw no questions asked :flushed:

7 Likes

Too many of y’all acting like this is normal. :sob::sob::sob: What kind of “men” are y’all around? :woman_facepalming: RESPECT YOURSELVES!!!

23 Likes

So in that specific moment… what did your husband say to him? What did you say to him?
No doubt about it that the guy is a sleazy but I’m curious as to what was said after that. I’d have a real problem with my husband if he didn’t handle it and I’d let him know. I’d also make him aware that he won’t want me to handle this situation with his friend if he doesn’t have the balls to.

Lol take it has a compliment lol

3 Likes

Omg ! This is offensive !

3 Likes

You’re not the problem he is

5 Likes

So what did your husband say on the phone to him after that?

2 Likes

I’d of lost it. Regardless what he’s doing as a favor this is COMPLETELY DISRESPECTFUL and COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. I would NEVER allow anyone to talk about my wife that way. I’d of checked them demanded an apology to the both of us. The child should not of heard it but at that age SHOULDN’T know what it is.

8 Likes

Let it go. Thats probably how they talk all the time (woman humor, butt stuff, whatever lol). He probably didnt know it was on speaker with your kid there :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Put your foot down,the friend or you

It’s a joke, if he helped y’all out honestly I would let it go. It’s better then my husband’s old friends. They where full of advice like leave that bitch when we would have a disagreement. Men have a wierd since of humor.

My husband would of lost his mind

3 Likes

guys say this shit all the time. no big deal. move on.

Personally as a married woman I would say your comment was uncalled for and inappropriate. That tells my husband where I stand!

My husband would immediately bitch slap said “friend”

It was a joke. Do not take it serious

3 Likes

This is why women doen’t get accepted in men work fields that often. Cause they can take a joke.

Gee. I wonder why he’s not married

3 Likes

It’s a joke, don’t take it so personally

1 Like

U should give him the blow job and record it for your husband

10 Likes

Well you have two options:

1. Say something.
  2. Don’t say something.
3 Likes

I wouldn’t have had time to react. My husband would have been in our SUV and on his way to this guy. I guarantee he would let him know that joking with his wife like that is extremely inappropriate and they are no longer friends…with a friendly throat grab of course…I think its personal preference, if you normally joke like that and that’s your personality then fine but if you dont then you have a right t ok feel offended. I dont think anyone should be telling anyone else how to feel or react. Its individual preference.

1 Like

It sounds like it was just a joke

1 Like

I get your husband should say something. But why wouldn’t you stand up for yourself? If he was on speaker you should’ve told him right then and there don’t ever fucking speak to or about me like that again. And made him answer you with respect so he knew you were serious.

take it as a compliment

5 Likes

Your hubby has told him 1 of 2 things: you’re read at blow jobs and he’s jealous or you’re terrible at them and they joke about it regularly.

If you don’t like something, you say something to the friend about it. Your an adult

4 Likes

Well I would have laughed myself, and said “you wish” or “I’ll give my husband one later” because I have a gross sense of humor, apparently.💁🏻
My friends and I joke this way, I’m sure my husband and his friends joke this way.
We are very open about our sex lives and so these topics are pretty common in our circles. Comments get made, alot around here. This is why we have a small circle. People like us who aren’t easily offended, because we can be very offensive😂.

However, that isn’t the case for you.

Obviously it bothers you, so your husband should have said something. If my husband knows something bothered me or made me uncomfortable he would put an end to it fast. Respect is important!

13 Likes

Seriously If a male or any friend of my husband would say that to me you bet I’d take offence to it. That’s not ok, its a sexual comment. So is that all we women are to guys is their sexual toys? If my husband still talked with a guy who did this I would be upset.

3 Likes

My dude would beat the hell out of his friend. Omg. We arent even married…

1 Like

I’m surprised how many people here think you should be okay with this. It’s disgusting and totally inappropriate for his friend to make a joke like that. I would have a serious problem with it, too.

8 Likes

People say worse shit on the public subway, it’s been 6 months let it go.

Seems your husband has spoke to him about you guys sex life . Not much u can do friends are hard to come by and he more than likely was joking and no need for your man to say anything as u can . Make it a point to clearly state u have no interest in him and prefer him to keep his thoughts and nasty talk to himself. If he doesn’t then do your best to stay away from the guy not much else u can do.

I am genuinely curious. Those of you who think this was no bug deal. Do you condemn Trump for his “locker room talk”.

1 Like

Sounds more like dry humour, lighten up and move on

3 Likes

I would have said no thanks your not my type he then would of realised you heard and wouldn’t know what to say :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Laugh and move on :woman_shrugging:
It was clearly a joke not a dick, no need to take it so hard.

6 Likes

all y’all saying this is how guys talk, it’s fine, it’s a joke, making fun of the fact she was highly uncomfortable. y’all are whack.

6 Likes

You should of told him “im good go ask your sister “ :sneezing_face::yawning_face::thinking::rofl:

2 Likes

You were so offended you declined his help, right?

4 Likes

I dont think they need ton top talking but ur husband needs to say something as that is highly inappropriate. One of my husband’s friends, me and my husband were in a group chat once and his friend was just behaving normally, he didnt make a pass at me or anything, but he was sending some questionable memes to the group chat (just trying to be funny probably, I grew up with a dad who is a trucker and 4 brothers, kinda just used to it IG) well, my husband responded “can you please stop sending those, my wife is in this chat” and his friend stopped. But they are still BEST friends.

2 Likes

Ultimately, it may have been just a joke however, leaves the door open for other things, such as doubt in your husbands respect for you, and thoughts of what your husbands friend is really thinking about you. I’m not a prude but would make next meeting/chat pretty uncomfortable.

1 Like

Why didn’t you say something!:woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

There is a time and place, and in front of children isn’t one of them. Knowing your audience before joking is everything. I have friends l can joke around like that with and others l wouldn’t dare-because l know they wouldn’t find it funny. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

To me it sounds like just a joke.
But if its continuous, then there’s a problem

If my ex’s friend ever said that about me he’d be 6 foot under

Just consider where it’s coming from and move on.

You should have atleast said something so that he knows you heared his trash talk.

Sorry I would have sight something to this idiot and my fiance would have said something as well. I would have told him to f off

1 Like

I mean, it sounded like a joke. But I know for a fact my husband’s friends would never say anything like this :woman_shrugging:t2: I’m close to most of them and would trust that they respect me enough not to.

1 Like

6 months ago! And you are still arguing about it? And it’s not even your husband’s fault as he didn’t say it. Talk about the drama 🤦

It’s too late for what you should have said, and too late for what your husband should of said either. Move on, get over it. We all at one point have put our foot in our mouth; guess this was his 1 time.

6 Likes

Did u give him a blow job tho?:thinking:

7 Likes

Totally unacceptable. I’d let your husband know you won’t be hanging out with this guy anymore. If he wants to, that’s his choice, but I have to wonder what kind if husband is ok with another man talking to his wife that way. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

U got a b*tech, not a man. He wud have no teeth if was my hubby

1 Like

First of all did he know he was on Bluetooth and they you’re child was there?
In saying that I don’t think a 5 year old would know what a blow job is .
And second you should’ve yelled out IM RIGHT HERE ! Im sure that would’ve shut him up !
Men talking to men are some of the stupidest convos I’ve ever heard lol but they joke about stuff like that !
I’m sure by the sounds of it that your husband isn’t or wasn’t threatened by his piggish comment cos he has faith in you and your marriage but in saying that tell your husband AND his friend that you’re not a prostitute and even if you were he’d have to pay you alot more than that !
Chuck it back at em hun …I’m sure they’ll get the point .

It was a joke… obviously.

6 Likes

Idk with the sense of humor I was raised with and the sense of humor my friends have, I could totally picture one of saying this lol of course we have children and know better than to have one another on speaker phone :joy: if it was a joke I’d let it go but u might want to give someone a heads up that they’re on speaker and children are present.

3 Likes

its disrespectful, period.

1 Like

Wow. My husband would have never talked to that guy again.

2 Likes

Your husband needs to step up!!

1 Like

You should have said something when you think its offensive on your side. Maybe your husband thinks it was a joke but for you its not.

1 Like

I think you’re being a lil petty. I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean to say it on speaker in front of your child, that was wrong. He probably was joking.

3 Likes

It may be unacceptable to say but that was months ago…get over it…
Maybe the guy has a crush on you and by crudely joking he’s stating the fact…life is to short to worry about guys and the sex jokes…

That’s a pretty low blow that your husband allows another man of any person for that matter to speak to you this way. Ask your self wth is wrong with my husband.

4 Likes

Guys make dumb jokes like that to each other, but it’s crossing a line when he is talking about his friends wife, especially in front of the little kid. Not okay. Your husband should of stood up for you.

6 months later and you’re STILL upset about it…? Grow up and get over it. Stand up for yourself if it happens again. Guys usually joke about those things with each other. I’m sure he didn’t know it was on speaker through the car.

4 Likes

I don’t think my husband would tolerate that just saying

1 Like

Umm HELL NO. My husband wouldn’t have a damn say. Literally NO ONE speaks to or about me that way. You shouldn’t have to put up with that type of garbage. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Are you sure that’s not how him and his friend talk when you’re not around? This is just the sense of humor my boyfriend and his friends have and I always know it’s a joke :woman_shrugging:t3:. If your husband hasn’t been pissed, said something, or dropped him as a friend, my guess is it’s because he has the same sense of humor.

9 Likes

My husband would have cursed him out and I would have told him to use his right hand for payment. He would have been cut off as a friend. If he is still making inappropriate comments I would say something.

1 Like

Omg my husband would have killed him.

Your husband sounds like a p*ssy. :woman_shrugging:t2::upside_down_face: my husband probably would’ve punched his friend in the face. Joking or not, respect is a thing especially when youre married & have kids with someone.

4 Likes

When guys have guy talk they say weird things sometimes it was probably a joke. Did he know you and your child were in the car listening? If so that was very disrespectful to even joke about it. If he didnt know you cant be that mad at him. Now if it happened in person would be different story, when i was married my husband at time’s friend grabbed my ass at a wedding reception and he was married, my husband at time after i told him he said oh its fine hes my friend. I got a message after my divorce 8 years later telling me he had biggest crush on me and wanted me so bad and still does. Maybe he has a crush on you 🤷

That is hilarious. You should’ve responded - you dont do Vienna Sausages :rofl:.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure we have different ideas of humor. We would have all laughed about it. It’s only disrespectful if he was being serious. If he was being serious you should be offended. I don’t believe he was being serious. Lighten up.

8 Likes

What? That’s so nasty. Was he serious or joking? Either way that is very demeaning and disrespectful. I’m sorry he said that and I’m sorry your husband didn’t tell him something.

3 Likes

Maybe he knows you’re not a hoe and his friend isn’t a rapist. Guys think differently than women and don’t create a threat if there isn’t one there. As far as your five year old, I doubt he ever knew something over his head was even mentioned. I might be wrong. In that case you could just ask your husband.

3 Likes

Your husband should have slapped the shit out of him. Js lol

My husband would snap

1 Like

I would have told him off then.

My husband would have knocked his lights out if he spoke about me like that

1 Like

My husband wouldn’t probably be speaking to him

1 Like

It’s funny how all these women are threatening that their husband would fight, kill or hurt someone for saying a joke. As if an assault charge is worth a petty joke smh

10 Likes

Haylee Rose Scrivener :wink:

People are not recognizing the issue here: Communication between the couple.

Half you are saying it’s a joke; other half saying it was insulting. The reality is that it’s probably both. She seems offended and that’s valid. But she doesn’t make it clear she’s even told her husband it had upset her so. We don’t know the context; we can’t really give advice.

She needs to talk to him about it. Depending on the larger context - if there’s room to reconcile here (as it seems her husband has a relationship here, so ideally the friend would be able to recognize her upset her and apologize), great. If not, husband should take her side (assuming she’s not being totally unreasonable - again, we need context).

This is not black and white. There are contexts where the friend’s “joke” would be crass, but not offensive. There are contexts where the husband really needs to cut ties because of a untied front. But jumping to the “she needs to grow up/ he needs to man up” is problematic and pa,tronizing to all three of them.

2 Likes

i would kick out my husband and tell him to share beds with his beloved friend …your husband has no respect for you and is a low life

1 Like

A real man who respects his marriage and wife would never stand for talk like that. You’re hubby is the problem because he’s not setting friend boundaries.

2 Likes

Husbands who don’t stand up for their wives should not be married.

I feel they are “in it” for wrong reasons (two incomes are better than one, wife n kids are tax write offs, room mates is less lonely, in-house sex or whatever) but he doesn’t actually have the love for her that a man who WANTS TO BE her husband has; to protect, provide, and profess his love through actions, words, and vows. To not stand up for your other half is a slap in the face.

2 Likes

My husband would agree I give a great blow job

3 Likes

I doubt it’s a joke when both husband and wife were shocked by what the friend said!

I’d have laughed, as would my hubs. But if you’re offended and your hubs fails to see or acknowledge that, you’ve got bigger issues than a joke :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Clearly was a joke :roll_eyes::expressionless:

3 Likes