My husbands mom told him he should divorce me because I do not make his plate: Thoughts?

Tell his stupid mum to fix her own sons plate whilst you do your kids.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t kindly let mother in law know this isn’t the 1950s lol.

4 Likes
  1. Gross :face_vomiting:
  2. Tell his mother if she feels he is so incapable, perhaps she would like to cook and make his meals for him every day and send his ass back to her!
  3. Just :face_vomiting:

I wouldn’t be able to deal with people like that. Cut them out of thats how they always are! My husband & I most likely tag time getting the kids plates then we get our own but if he’s busy with something while I’m making our kids plates I’ll make his too etc.

1 Like

Wow it’s so old fashioned!! It’s 2021!!! Times have changed!! He grown man, he can make his own plate!!! My husband make his dinner when I made my healthy healthy dinner. He’s picky husband :laughing:

1 Like

Is he complaining? Talk it out

He’s a damn grown ass man with arms and legs, he gets his own damn plate… I hate this sh!t… a woman’s job IS NOT TO SERVE A MAN. Get off your damn @ss and get over that old school crap

I wouldn’t necessarily cut them off because of this instance. (Albeit shitty and uncalled for!) When ppl offend me, I try to look at where they’re coming from. Was she raised in an overly religious or male dominated society? Does she have some growing and educating to do? Do some parents coddle their kids more than others?
More than likely yes to several of these.
Keep doing exactly what you’re doing, but keep firm boundaries. Also, make sure your spouse has your back and stands up to his mom when she’s disrespecting you.

Lmao my in laws probably think the same thing. I’m sorry my kids come first. 1 of whom is not old enough to get his own plate together. Well he is but it would be junk food ONLY! You married a grown ass man who should make his own plate. My in-laws would freak if they knew my husband makes my plate while I get out kids plate ready. :rofl:

As an adult he should make his own plate, That way he gets what he wants and if you have twins you can each make a plate, one for yourself and one for your child. Be true to who you are and don’t let anyone change the good person you choose to be❗

1 Like

I have always made my husband his plate at meal time…however that doesn’t mean your required to

What does he think about that?
My daughters fathers family talk crap all the time about me. I used to care but now :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: yeah. IDC. but he should defend you. the drama is annoying with in laws because there’s no way around it if he’s close to his family.

i don’t make my husbands plate unless we are at my moms or someone in my family after i make the kids and on his side of the family he helps make the kids plate and his own i do mine at home he makes his own he prefers it that way because he doesn’t always eat when me and the kids do if he isn’t the one with the problem i wouldn’t pay her any attention

this post made me flippppp lol , she’s hella dumb . Perioooddd

1 Like

My ex was the same way he would insist I make his plate and I never did and we had gone to a family function and his mom had told me okay take his plate to him and I just looked at her and said no he can come get his own plate he’s a grown ass man. At that time my ex was not working had not worked in the nine years that we were together and I felt because he wasn’t working and I was the role should have been reversed. The man I’m with now I make his plate only because he does make a living for us and support two boys that aren’t his and and takes care of his 3.

1 Like

My husband usually makes our plates, kids included when at his family’s homes.

I mean if he’s ready to eat when I’m serving then he gets served if not he can serve himself. If your hubs ain’t complaining then don’t worry. If anything I’d be super petty when they are around and ask him to make me and the kids our plates. Screw them!

1 Like

Maybe his mother should have taught how to take care of himself!!!

3 Likes

We ate at the table family style. You served yourself.

Tell his mama to swing he is a grown man. She might believe that her getting her husbands plate was a sign of a good wife you do what you said you do in my eyes that makes you a good wife

I never make hubs plate. Only he knows how hungry he is

Shit my hubby has 2 arms and legs. I’m ALWAYS tending to the baby and getting house work done. If anything he understands and sometimes he even serves us. But point is he understands why. It’s one less thing for me to stress over and I’m appreciative of it.

Don’t let people live in your head and heart that ain’t paying rent

4 Likes

WTF?!?!!! Unless he’s a quadriplegic or both arms are amputated he can fix his own plate while you run after your toddlers!!!

1 Like

Sounds like mom couldn’t do her job as a mother and raise her son to make his own plate like the damn adult he is. WHOEVER WROTE THIS FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME HIS MOTHERS INFO AND ILL TELL HER MYSELF :joy::joy:

Um no he has 2 hands & why isn’t he helping get a plate for one of the twins then? I hope he stood up for you. If we’re at a family party he makes sure the kids have food and makes his own. If we’re at home he usually works late i leave a plate in the microwave

You are his wife not his mother!!

1 Like

You won this “argument”/dilema with only saying toddler twins!!!
If she’s so offended, she can make his plate at family gatherings or forever :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be able to keep my mouth shut if he is not going to speak up for you sometimes you have to do it yourself and if he doesn’t like it most likely he agrees with them.

Is this some sort of a joke?

1 Like

When we are at my family’s house, I make all of our plates. When we are at his, he usually makes all of our plates. Because we are more comfortable with our own families. At home, we take turns. If his family ever said something about me like that, he would defend me in a heartbeat and I would do the same with mine. I would cut the family off until they can grow up. I am too exhausted with my own life to be under watch with someone who doesn’t life my life.

2 Likes

Ummmmm…my husband would starve before I made his plate…maybe his mom should do it for him then since she gave birth to him :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Tell her if it’s a big deal she can make her child his plate!

1 Like

What’s his response tho is the bigger question

3 Likes

If he needs his plate made then he can go back to mommy.

6 Likes

If he can’t fill his plate he can do without,you are not his SLAVE !!!

2 Likes

What does hubby have to say about it?

2 Likes

I would have to have words and set her straight :100:

2 Likes

I don’t make my husbands plate hes a grown ass man lol I just yell " dinners done".

1 Like

I do that but rarely

1 Like

My husband doesn’t even let me make his plate! He likes to serve his own portions.

His mom is just trying to find any excuse to tear you down.

You sound like an amazing mama, don’t let her get to you!

If anything your husband should speak up and say that your his wife, your not getting a divorce, especially over being served dinner, and not to mention divorce ever again!

3 Likes

O and you are not Married to his MOTHER,!!!

1 Like

His mommy can make his plate. :wave:

5 Likes

She must have been born in late 1800s

2 Likes

Send the kids for a day trip to grandmas maybe she’ll see after she has to keep up with them js

3 Likes

A real man, would stand up for the woman he loves, even if it’s against his own family.

11 Likes

Wow . Ur his wife not his mother. Let her make it.

1 Like

If his mommy is so concerned about it, his mommy can do it. :roll_eyes: I make my man’s plate at home but if we are out, he does it himself because I make the kids’ their plates.

5 Likes

The husband’s mom needs to step out!

1 Like

He should move back in with his mother because obviously that’s what he is looking for. Id take him up on that divorce

7 Likes

Ignore what she says. I cant cook for anything haha so my partner goes to work and comes home and cooks. I have 6 children so i make sure are looked after and the house is clean and he’s happy with thaf. As you said he is a grown man he can make his plate. Your his wife not his mother

1 Like

I never understand this idea. Don’t you want to put the amt of food YOU want on your own plate! What if I want allll cheesey potatoes and jus a small of beef!!?? Lol

5 Likes

You should tell her to kick rocks

1 Like

Your grown ass husband can fix his own plate. :joy:

99% of the time mine gets his own, I set food out buffet style and they get their own… it’s not my job to control how much food my significant other takes… I don’t have anything against people fixing their spouse’s plate because they want to, but I do have issues with them doing it because they are made to feel it is their job, why do we teach our kids to feed themselves if we are going to treat them like babies all their lives?

Cut them off completely and tell her that “she made her own plate” by being a big B.

5 Likes

I would have some not so kind words for his mommy. I guess my husband should divorce me then :joy:

If he needs a mommu to serve him, he can go back to his mommy

1 Like

Sounds very toxic, I’d have nothing to do with them

Get his own food ! He is grown or maybe not

I really hope your hubby sticks up for you and puts his family in there place …or does he wimp out and keep his mouth shut …tell his mom to fix his plate because your not his mom you are his wife

I don’t make my husband’s plate either. Kids then me my husband has 2 hands and 2 feet he cam get his own. But I understand the family in law issue. My husbands family doesn’t like me either and jas gone as far as saying he should divorce me and take the kids and his family has also tried taking our kids also in illegal ways and by call CPS on us

Tell her to do it herself if she’s so bothered

3 Likes

Tell mother in law to mind her business l am sure she didn’t always make her husbands plate and that is so petty to tell someone to get a divorce over not preparing him a plate maybe you should tell father in law to divorce her for being a meddling Betty

1 Like

If she thinks he needs babied that much then why doesn’t she make his plate? He’s a grown ass man and he can make his own plate. You’ve got your hands full. It’s not your “job” to treat him like a child and she needs to get over herself.

Ah has she nothing else to be doing, like getting the plate for her boy?

This feels….familiar. Like his grandpa making a joke about my 3 month old daughter’s paternity in front of said baby and their entire family like it wasn’t disrespectful. Do they try to tell your kids they don’t have to listen to you when they’re around? Does she have other kids that can’t even microwave their own TV dinner as teenagers? Does her husband nag and complain when she hasn’t fixed his plate? Your husband should step up and say something to his family to defend you and your relationship, if he doesn’t then that tells you where he stands. Actions speak louder than words. She sounds like a toxic overbearing mother that can’t let go. But maybe it stems from a form of abuse in her own relationship that she now thinks is a norm, as well as she’s older and their generation can’t let go of the error of their ways.

Pretty judgemental.hubby should have your back.in a polite wy.maybe twll them he doesnt mind making his own or better yet make 1 of the babies plates so yall can eat together.

At the next gathering make a comment like in a few years my kiddo’s will be like daddy and be able to fix there own plates!! I would probably add that the training pants have to come off early so they can function in this world. There is a point that you over look simple minded people this is one. By making comments in general without pointing someone out gets the message there without the drama. Good luck and God bless.

The main opinion here is his. Despite what they say it’s his choice. Does it bother him that you don’t? Only worry about his opinion because in the end it’s you and him. Not you him and them

My husband always helped me make the kids plates. Not because I ask but because he wants to. Y aint he making your plate if that’s the case…y the woman always being shamed if she don’t make her mans plate? Ask his momma what does that make him since he don’t make ur plate.

Hes a grown man he can make his own damn plate. And she needs to be put in her place. Sorry you have to go through this

only time i make my bfs plate is if he’s already feeding our toddler. and he’ll do the same if I’m already feeding her. (she throws a fit when she knows dinners done and needs to eat right away :joy: plus her plates made first and put into the freezer for a minute.) I’d tell his mom to make it herself if shes so concerned. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh geez. Once you are about 8 years old you can make your own plate. No one needs to do it for you. I would have seriously laughed and probably spit my coffee if someone asked me why I don’t make my husbands plate. Actually if you have twin toddlers, he should do one plate and you do one.

4 Likes

Confront her politely and tell her to mind her own damn business

My mother in law was the mother in law FROM HELL. His sister also made my life a living hell. What did I learn from that? Your HUSBAND needs to TELL her, not ASK, to back off. He needs to TELL her he married YOU and he loves YOU. UNTIL HE DOES THAT, IT WILL CONTINUE. You tell him that you are not going to live the rest of your life like this. If she cant support her son’s choice then she needs to back off. It’s up to HIM

3 Likes

Ignore the nonsense and the old schooled mom.
Just because she enabled him and the men in her life do not mean that it’s ok to enable him in this generation. This is not the eat what you are served times anymore.

Yeah I’d tell her where she stuff his plate. Women are not slaves to their husbands. Maybe some women don’t mind doing it which is totally fine, but if it’s expected…um no.

1 Like

Lol… I cook get the plate ready and then set it down call him to the kitchen to come and grab it. And if we’re out he grabs his and sometimes mine or I grab my own. It’s not the olden day’s anymore where all women do is stay home taking care of the babies and cleaning and cooking. He wouldn’t leave me just cause I don’t run a plate to him lol :laughing:

I called my son my own son! A lazy b*****d for expecting to be served a plate of food as well as a drink! There is in total 3 kids who need their food served up (2 are set aside as soon as ready to be cooled) typically 4 adults! So yes get up and get your own or go hungry! Not under 12 anymore!

4 Likes

No way, he can make my plate, lol

My husband makes MY plate lol

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous! You’re not his mother, you aren’t obligated to fix his plate he is a grown ass man. Now if you choose to make it thats one thing, but for him to think it’s your job to fix his plate is BS. Next gathering fix his plate alright and put some ex-lax in it :blush::woman_shrugging:

Cut everyone off even the husband for listening to the nonsense

1 Like

He’s a grown ass man. His mom should stay out your business unless you ask her. He needs to make his own plate. If he doesn’t like it hit the door. Taking care of kids and a house all week is a lot of work if he nor his nosey mom can accept that then boot them both !

I made a vow early on that my son’s wives would never see that behavior from me. It’s not that your not serving his are. It’s a power thing.

1 Like

I really hope that it was a bad joke…

That’s an old school thing for sure that most back then just expected from a wife, your husband needs to speak up on your behalf and let her and anyone else know he won’t tolerate you being talked about…period

1 Like

:joy::joy: this is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of. I’d start making him get my plate AND the kids plate and see how he likes eating a cold plate of food!

3 Likes

I’d really ruffle their feathers and have him make my plate at the next get together. Lol

12 Likes

i bet shes like 100 yrs old

2 Likes

Next time you go there make his plate and take it over to him and dump it on his lap or head and walk out.

3 Likes

Is he a grown man he can damn well fix his own plate you are 2021 lady we are not in the 50s

I personally fix our kids (we have 6 ) plates first then I make his plate and then make mine every night yes I work a full time job manage the kids and make sure the house is cleaned daily my man works anywhere from 14-16 hours a day 6 days a week so I do not mind at all … I don’t feel like it’s my “job” to do so but I do it because that’s how I am ! Personally i think it’s whatever you want to do if it doesn’t bother him to make his plate then tell your in laws to eat a dick

Oh my husband’s family is like that. All the wives make their husbands plates. We have 4 kids with #5 due in 3 weeks. I tell him that’s a two kid request, hes past that lol! He tells everyone that hes grown and can make his own, his wife shouldn’t have too.

1 Like

At least you aren’t spoiling him. I get my boyfriend’s plate for him often, just to be nice. Occasionally when I don’t do it, he’s shocked and jokingly asks well wheres my plate :joy: if I tried to get his plate in front of his mom, I think she’d get mad at me for getting his plate not the other way around.

i told my son if he expected his wife to serve him and pick up his plate, clothes, etc. i wd tell HER to divorce him and do better than him

1 Like

Tell your MIL to take her head out of the 50’s housewife mentality and to shove it straight up her a*s

6 Likes

If he wants to eat he should be able to make his own plate ! Unless he is disabled he is a grown up and can do it himself !!!

3 Likes

His mom needs to learn the difference between “wife” and “mother.” They aren’t actually supposed to be the same job description. Also, the difference between “child” and “adult” apparently escapes her, because grown ass adults don’t need someone to make their plate for them, they are more than capable of doing it themselves.

The real issue here, is that his mother did a shit job of raising him, in the first place. The goal of parenting is to raise a person into a functioning, independent adult. Not to raise them up to be dependant on others for basic aspects of life.