My husbands step-dad has been making me feel uncomfortable: What should I do?

Be strait up to this step dad tell him you don’t like and are comfortable with what he’s doing. Your restraint is giving him the wrong signal. Sort it with him if he doesn’t change you can bring to the notice of your husband. Be gentle and tactful when telling him cos it has the potential of staining your relationship with him. Certainly he is too intrusive.

Tell your husband. If you dont nip it in the bud asap… he can easily turn it on you and say you either like it or your the one that started it. Make sure your hubs is present or his wife so that when you reject him… cause he will get butt hurt over the rejection… so that you have a witness that you asked him to stop and and it makes you uncomfortable.
I know from past experience .

4 Likes

YES! If your uncomfortable share this with your LIFE MATE. Depending on his reaction is your next step. You need to step away and verbalize how uncomfortable you are. Communication is the key.

6 Likes

Tell your husband first, then talk to your mother-in-law & her husband!! They all need to know you find this all very uncomfortable & then I would move out!!! Good luck!!!

5 Likes

I’d tell my husband AND say to the step dad “Please don’t touch me.”

4 Likes

hubby has a right to know . tell step dad to back off . your spouses step dad is crossing a huge line . tell him quite frankly that you do not want this physical touch in any form . and make sure you tell hubby .

1 Like

Tell the husband’s stepdad first the next time he does it…".please don’t do that!"(Hopefully you’ve done that already!) Make it clear to him first that you don’t like it and want him to stop. If he continues you must tell your husband. If your husband acts like it’s no big deal then you must involve his mother. Do NOT be afraid to “start something”! This behavior cannot continue or you’ll have much bigger problems! GOOD LUCK!

4 Likes

As a hubby myself tell him!!! After the first time of this behavior your husband should’ve been told. This makes me so mad and it isn’t my own situation!!! Stand up to the pos old man!!! If your hubs blows it off etc get rid of his a$$!! Somebody needs to stand up to the old man. Hell give me his # i will talk to him for you.

3 Likes

SPEAK UP!
we as woman need to learn to speak up for ourselves!

6 Likes

Be the adult you are and handle it yourself. Tell him it is inappropriate!
No need to cause trouble and tension between the family if you have to live there. If he persists then tell your husband.

6 Likes

Why are you tolerating this?.you teach people how to treat you…
Command respect.
You allowed this 2 xs why?

2 Likes

Tell him! I had a father in law who would do that and I found out he had sexually abused his daughter, beat up his wife and kids and tried to get it on with my sister in law . I was petrified of him and my husband was always protecting me.

1 Like

Put a stop to it now!!. Tell him, your husband and his mother at dinner some night when you are all together.
Tell him it makes you uncomfortable, and you want it to stop. Do this right in front of his wife and your husband. If any of them get upset talk it out like the adults you are. If things don’t change, then move out. Good luck.

2 Likes

I would firmly remove his hands and walk away. In hopes he gets the message before escalating the situation

Well now honey, you need to slap the nasty man right in his nuts and smile so very sweetly! That should work :grin:

2 Likes

Yep, tell him. Step dad should definitely know that this is inappropriate, but is probably counting on you being non-confrontational so he gets away with it. Also, tell step dad that those gestures are reserved for hubby only. Strict rule; no exceptions.

1 Like

The next time he comes up behind you like that gather all your courage and stiffen up your arm AND JAB THE HELL OUT OF HIM WITH YOUR ELBOW!!! Then turn around & innocently say, “Oh my, you scared me coming up like that!!”. If he’s gutsy enough to do it again…then by god jab him again!!! Just please don’t passively stand there & let him do that to you! Woman Power. Weak men are scared of strong women!!!

12 Likes

Talk to the step dad first. Let him know that while he may mean nothing by it you just don’t feel comfortable when he touches you that way. He may just be an overly friendly person.

You need to tell your husband, if his mother was to say something to him first he could blame you, my husband agreed that he needs to hear it from you

4 Likes

Don’t be afraid to tell someone. If you stay silent, the stepdad thinks you are ok with it and the abuse will continue.

14 Likes

OH NO!!! This is a creepy pervert and you are being too nice. He’s going to do worse until you or your Husband put a stop to it. Move out or knock him out and let him explain why he came up behind you and put his arms around your waist and it startled you so bad that you grabbed something heavy duty like a rolling pin (or whatever else is good for the job close by) and busted him in the head with it about 5 times.

1 Like

Just look him straight in the eyes and say I’m not comfortable with you touching me. Then walk away. Maybe walk out of the house. Make a clear statement.

1 Like

Yes tell your husband first and in front of your mother-in-law tell the old man to keep his hands off of you. If this causes trouble between your husband and history Mom then move out.

2 Likes

Umm yes!!! Tell your husband! Don’t keep it inside! It will make you feel worse and you don’t need that. No one does!

I would so talk to my husband regarding it and I would simply tell the stepdad I do not like to be touched and insist he stopped now.

4 Likes

The next time this happens please tell him that although he may not mean anything by that… he should stop because it makes u u comfortable and that u really respect the relationship with him and ur mum in law… make sure u say this at a time that both ur mum in law and hu by are present

2 Likes

Uh wait. His mom was there when her husband did this?

2 Likes

You need to call him out when it happens in front of your mother in law. Tell him you would like him to stay out of your space and not to touch you at all!

1 Like

You need to tell your husband and make other arrangements

Why wait to “share” this experience with someone else? Stand up for yourself right now and tell him it is HANDS OFF starting right now

Nobody touches me in an uncomfortable way with me saying something then and there. “Not ok, sir.” “Don’t, just don’t.” One hand clapping makes no noise. Speak clearly and firmly and walk away from him.

I’d be straight up like wtf don’t. I’d tell my husband :100:. That isn’t right and he’s testing the waters… he’s going to try something on you. Bet.

2 Likes

Tell as soon as possible. Or start slapping the :poop: out of the stepdad. It’s wrong, nothing about it is wright.

Just tell the step dad to cut his shit out…point blank…tell him to stop touching you inappropriately and if he doesnt stop that youll talk to his wife!!!

1 Like

If it happens again, turn around and punch him in the throat and while he’s down trying to catch his nasty breath…tell your husband and his mom why he’s choking!!!#@$€

1 Like

Yes you tell your husband and you tell his mom because that is not appropriate in its not right yes no right to do that to you

1 Like

Yes you should tell him. That is so unusual.

I’d flat out tell the step dad that what he is doing makes you uncomfortable

7 Likes

I would tell him to please stop and and also tell your husband too so he is aware about it

Get out of there and tell your husband how you feel. It may be nothing but there’s no need to be uncomfortable.

You should definitely tell him, even if your father in law doesn’t mean anything by it you shouldn’t have to live with something that makes you that uncomfortable and they should understand

Yes talk to your husband. This dude is definitely too touchy feely with someone else’s wife and it would creep me out too. Even if it’s just to get him to stop the touching tell your husband. Maybe he doesn’t notice or MIL turns a blind eye but ewwww. No. Talk to your hubby immediately

Tell your husband for sure and then let the creepy guy know that you don’t want him touching you if your husband doesn’t do anything about it shame on him .

Tell him if he doesn’t make it stop then there’s a bigger issue

Tell him right away before thank get out of head and he make you look like you is the one doing it

I’d tell my hubby… And tell stepdad to keep his hands of me for real

4 Likes

He knows EXACTLY what hes doing!
First off, I’d smack the S$$$ out of him! THEN tell my husband! Then move out!

4 Likes

Tell your husband! Tell the step dad to keep his hands off you! record on your phone what you say to step dad and his comments/reactions.

2 Likes

No way!! Tell husband immediately.

4 Likes

Say it really loud “you do not have my permission to touch my body. Stop!” Also, always tell your husband about stuff like that. Always. The mom not being phased bothers me a lot. You need to move out. No one should live in a place this kind of crap flies. Period.

Also, agreed with other comments. It’s going to get worse. Staying silent will probably make this douche think he can have sex with you… Which would be rape. Silence is a no, but these jerks don’t hear that.

Always think of you like this… “What would you tell your daughter to do, your best friend… Any other woman or man” You are just as worthy as anyone to feel safe and be treated like a human and not an object or toy.

1 Like

Put on your big girl undies and let him know he’s making you uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Absolutely tell your husband!

I suggest a donkey kick to his groin

4 Likes

Yes! Definitely that’s NOT ok!!

I think the next time he does it I would tell him YUK thats creepy to please stop he will get the hint gross

1 Like

Do you have to live there? I’d move!

Show him this… that is odd

1 Like

You better tell him before he sees it and thinks you’re ok with it.

Do something about it or stop bitching ffs

hes a creeper. tell your husband and get out of there asap!

Tell him you do t like that!

Yes you have to, if you don’t then he will assume and then you’ll be screwed

Tell him. I prefer you don’t touch and grab at me please

1 Like

Super inappropriate for him to touch u like that…

Tell your husband immediately.

by all means, he needs to know, stepdad might think you like it if you dont say something, nip it now

Yes. You should tell your husband.

Yes tell him and tell the
stepdad to keep his hands to himself and old my remove them when it gappens

Hell yeah tell your husband and also tell the stepdad to keep his hands to himself

He’s a creep. Definitely tell your husband.

Tell the step dad please don’t touch me like that

Absolutely and tell tbe step dad you do not like that and to quit doing it

Tell yhe old goat to stop

3 Likes

Tell your husband…I would not let this happen…or move out😯

I would tell him ASAP. And I would tell the weirdo to stop ASAP or else.

Yes yes yes absolutely yes

Yes, talk to your husband

You gotta stop him now!

TELL HIM! That isn’t ok

Tell!!! Stop it now.

Yes. It’ll only get worse

Tell him to back off.

Yes!! And your mother in law!! That kind of behavior is disgusting and disrespectful and he will only become more emboldened if you keep silent… also when he does it tell him to get away from you…

Hell yea tell ur husband if u don’t he be get mad at u for not telling him stepdad out line frfr u needs tell stepdad get fuck off u wtf

1 Like

He’s obviously a predator and knows you are keeping silent so he will just keep doing it plus he will up his game. It will only get worse. Put a stop to is now.

3 Likes

Absolutely tell your Husband.

Next time he touches you, SCREAM that will stop there n then

Tell your husband immediately.

Tell your husband immediately!

Wth! You better go on and tell your husband, that your stinkn ass, dirtbag father in law is touching you inappropriately. He already started something🤬

Every human being needs to learn these words. “That is not ok. Please stop doing it.” Then if he does it again, you can YouTube videos of how easy it is to grab a pinky finger, and twist a full grown man to the ground while he begs for his life. Seriously “That is NOT ok. STOP doing it.” And as far as no wanting to start anything, um I’m pretty sure he already started it.

Never stay quiet if something makes you feel uncomfortable.

I would politely just be honest and tell the stepdad it makes me uncomfortable. Tell him you don’t think he means to make you uncomfortable, but it does and see if he stops. If he doesn’t then tell your husband and tell him you nicely told him to stop and he hasn’t. Be honest. That is the only way to tell if he is really weird or not and if it is intentional or not. If you ask once nicely and he doesn’t stop then you have a good reason to make it a big deal.

6 Likes

Yes I would wait till the step dad does it agin and yell out look Iv been patient with you touching me I don’t like it stop it and yes I’m telling my husband also. Back off and leave me alone.

5 Likes

Yes, tell your husband. But also, tell the stepdad with your husband present that you’re uncomfortable with the physical contact and u want it to stop. It sounds super inappropriate and if it’s uncomfortable you have every right to make a boundary. :heart:

3 Likes

I personally don’t like being touched by anyone unless it’s my significant other. And I have no problem telling who ever they are too close or not to touch me. You have a right to set boundaries. If he doesn’t respect you saying not to do it then go ahead and let your husband handle it.

Umm… I would be speaking to him directly ! I would definitely tell hubs what’s happening and that you’re uncomfortable with it. But ya… nip it in the bud

Absolutely!! You need to. That’s out of line .

Tell your husband, the step dad is steppinging over a line

1 Like

It’s as simple as telling the step dad you aren’t comfortable being touched in that fashion by anyone other than your husband. He’ll understand and stop doing it or theres something else going on

1 Like