My in laws won't stop kissing my baby on the forehead: Am I overreacting?

On the head yes Your wayyyy over reacting they are family it’s there grandchild would you stop your parents from kissing the babies head it’s not like it’s on the lips

4 Likes

On the forehead?? Yeah, you’re overreacting lol

8 Likes

Ya your over reacting

5 Likes

Where would you prefer they kiss your baby?

Do you also prevent your parents from kissing your baby?

Were you ever kissed by your grandparents?

10 Likes

Yes, you’re being dramatic. That is their family too and they are not attempting to cause any harm, you do it, dad does it, but his family can’t? :eyes:
Sure. “child health”

3 Likes

They’re kissing her forehead! That is Not a big deal. I think you may have other issues.

8 Likes

Way overreacting let them kiss the damn baby… jfc :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

4 Likes

I think that you are being way over the top/way OVERACTING. They LOVE THEIR GRANDCHILD and wish to express it. Do you stop your own parents from kissing the baby?? Or let me guess 🤷 :roll_eyes:…its different BECAUSE THEIR YOUR PARENT?? GOOD LORD KAREN :flushed: JUST STOP :raised_hand: :flushed: :roll_eyes:.

3 Likes

As my late dad would have said, “for crying out loud.” Over reacting much.

4 Likes

Oh geez! Yes I think you’re over reacting! Kissing is a sign of affection. You should be happy that they love her.

2 Likes

I wish my in-laws kissed my kids on the forehead!

8 Likes

Yes. You are overreacting.

4 Likes

Sounds a little excessive.

2 Likes

I’d rather my baby be kissed on the forehead than on the lips…

4 Likes

I think you’re overreacting

1 Like

It’s their grandkid, let them kiss that baby on the head!!

1 Like

With covid going around, you are not over reacting. It’s your child. Your rules.

6 Likes

Grandparents? forehead? You’re ridiculous… Must be your first child…

7 Likes

Oh wonderful. Another child growing up with no affection :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

You do realise that their dna makes up part of your babies dna?
And had it not been for those grandparents you would not have had the baby you have

2 Likes

You’re not overreacting especially during a pandemic and even before the pandemic babies have died from getting sick through kisses. It’s your baby, don’t let anyone tell you what is or isn’t okay as far as boundaries go

5 Likes

Are you a first time mom? Be grateful it’s just the forehead

2 Likes

Your kid your rules. I always follow my gut. My kids matter. Can live without the rest

1 Like

I think you’re overreacting by wiping her down, a wipe that will kill any germs they have isn’t going to be safe to use on her face. But to each their own.

2 Likes

Girl, on the forehead?? That’s so sweet & you are definitely not.

3 Likes

:woman_shrugging: my youngest nephew has been giving kisses for months now! I always kiss him on the cheek but he smooches me all over the face :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If they were kissing your baby on the mouth I’d understand…a forehead kiss is an overreaction.

8 Likes

Yeah your overreacting :woman_shrugging:t2: it’s not the mouth…it’s the forehead and it’s giving your baby affection.

5 Likes

Yes, you are.

Count your blessings you have involved grandparents for your child .

It’s very apparent they LOVE your baby.

7 Likes

It’s her fkn grandparents, yes, your overreacting. I can’t say what I want to say bc Facebook will ban me. Ignorant!

12 Likes

I only had the rule of no lip kisses when he was small. I feel my son deserves all of the love in the world from our family.

7 Likes

Forehead kiss is a sign of adoration and affection.

4 Likes

Yes your being dramatic ! Is it because it’s your in-laws and not your family ? Your definitely over reacting !

3 Likes

Honestly, if you don’t want someone to kiss your baby, that’s your thing :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

I don’t think your being dramatic. You said no kissing the baby and they should respect that.

10 Likes

The bigger question is does your husband agree with you? It’s not only YOUR decision, it’s both of your decision to make. I suspect they are probably continuing to do it because your babies daddy has told them it’s fine.

People want to bring up Covid, but if you are already sharing space (as in visiting) and allowing them to hold her you really don’t have any solid footing for that excuse. The risk is already there if you are visiting each other. Remember, risk of Covid increases with the longer time that is spent together.

Yes, I do think you are over-reacting. Nobody is touching your baby inappropriately. People saying the baby can’t give consent…well, guess what? The baby can’t give consent to it’s parents either. Babies are fine to be kissed on the forehead by immediate family members, unless there is a concern about that person’s health…in which case they shouldn’t be visiting anyway.

12 Likes

We’re in a pandemic, my future in laws aren’t gonna be able to even see baby for a while… all you guys saying she’s overreacting are being very rude for no damn reason, WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC! Plus babies get sick very easily!

15 Likes

Yes you are. Look deeply into it.

4 Likes

That is their baby too :expressionless: they love her so much, let them
Some families are more affectionate then others too

5 Likes

Let me guess, you’re probably fine with your parents doing the same thing…
That’s their grand baby!!

3 Likes

I would be so hurt if I wasn’t allowed to kiss my grand babies

5 Likes

Yeah you are overreacting.

3 Likes

Posts like this remind me that I am blessed and thankful to have the kind daughter in laws that I do . :woman_facepalming:
See ya’ll on the next post about how you’re mother in law is so toxic…smdh…

7 Likes

Is something going on inside YOU that makes you NOT want to allow your baby to feel LOVE from the grandparents? What does the father say about this? Does the baby have a father? Is it his rules too? Are you afraid of COVID. Literally, zero percent chance of babies dying from COVID. The only way babies feel love is by us holding and hugging and kissing them. Do the grandparents have a disease transmitted through the lips? Please think about this-are you going to tell your kids that when they were babies-you didn’t allow kisses from their grandparents? Wow. Really? We must be missing something. I understand the point of “my baby, do what I say” this seems so sad to me. I was hurting inside when I had my first daughter (my mom abandoned me) I started to hurt my ex Mother In Law, not even realizing I was projecting my own pain. Thank goodness I healed my own pain so my daughter could have a great relationship with her grandmother. Just a thought. I’m not being rude. I’m trying to understand this.

1 Like

Do your parents kiss the baby on the forehead or is it just the in laws that aren’t allowed to? Do you wipe your baby down after your parents kiss your baby?

6 Likes

Do you wipe your baby down after your mother kisses her? Or just the in laws??

1 Like

I mean…everybody saying she’s overreacting but ummm…hello CORONA

1 Like

Yes you are definitely overreacting, not to mention your reaction to it is rude af, especially since they aren’t kissing her on the mouth.

9 Likes

Yes you are. It is the forehead not lips. Thats their grandchild.

1 Like

Yes, you are over reacting.

5 Likes

Let them know if it continues there not allowed over

Omg! I’d be slapping some people!!

No. You’re the parent. Not them. They obviously have no respect for you if they continue to do so after being asked not to. You don’t have to justify anything in the way you raise your children. You make the rules

2 Likes

Forehead is the only place I allow others to kiss my baby. Her cheeks and anywhere below eyebrows is too close to her mouth/nose for my liking with this pandemic crap . Also… and most importantly those are my places for kissies. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

Your the parent. It’s your rules. That being said. My In-Laws are horrible to my child. We had to kick them out of his life. It got to the point my son was really starting to notice how toxic they are. I would give anything if he had both sets love him unconditionally.

A lot of people are staying you’re over reacting. But I don’t think so. With covid and multiple other diseases and such I wouldn’t want people kissing my baby either

2 Likes

What’s wrong with forehead kisses?

2 Likes

Yes you’re overreacting. I get it’s your child and all,but they love that baby and want that baby to know they love her/him. Your baby can NEVER have to much love… I’m a Grandma to if my daughter in law told me I couldn’t kiss her I’d DIE… I’m ALWAYS kissing her… She’s a spitting image of my son…

You’re not overreacting. Germs spread through mouth contact, not to mention we’re still in the middle of a pandemic. You’re the mother here, they obviously don’t respect your choices.

2 Likes

You baby, your rules. Better to be kissed on the forehead than the :kiss::lips:

1 Like

Your child’s grandparents? If so, yes. You’re over reacting. Be grateful they are around! Js

8 Likes

You are the parent not them. If you don’t like it then, they stop or stop seeing your baby.

My kid suffices with high fives much cleaner not all kids want kisses and cuddles all the time

1 Like

Yep over reacting and dramatic. They’re kissing her forehead not her mouth. They love the baby and that’s how they show it . It’s grandparents not a stranger in Target.

23 Likes

Not over reacting have you ever heard of the HSV virus?

11 Likes

Just give her a bath after they leave, not like there kissing her hands or lips. My opinion. If it’s that big of a deal for you, talk to your husband about how you feel & you’re reasonings behind it and he will respect it most likely.:blush:

I’m sorry you’re getting backlash. I absolutely HATE anyone kissing my kids. My Mom and Dad know that if they do then it’s just on top of the head. It’s absolutely NOT rude or disrespectful to not allow it. Do not let people make you feel bad!!! That is YOUR kid and YOUR rules! Period!! I would expect them to respect your boundaries. It really isn’t that big of a deal to ask them not to.

6 Likes

You’re over reacting. Do you kiss your baby? Your husband? Your parents? Etc… I agree the lips… but the forehead?? In my opinion you’re being petty.:woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Yes, you are overacting big time…everyone wants to kiss and hug on the babies in their family…it is pure love and you need to loosen up…what the hell…

4 Likes

I’ve read about babies getting really sick and even dying after being kissed by someone with a simple cold sore. That said, absolutely no one should be putting their lips on my baby. Mom or whoever!

9 Likes

Yes. Hopefully you Kiss the baby too. Babies need love and cuddles from parents ND grandparents

2 Likes

Your in laws as in your baby’s grand parents? They love her too , your overreacting if its just forehead kisses

2 Likes

No your not sweetheart your baby your rules :heart:

1 Like

What’s wrong with a forehead kiss? As long as no one kisses my babies on the lips or too close to the mouth, I’m good.

7 Likes

My mil did it when she was a newborn even though I made it very clear not to kiss her. But I never wanted to keep confronting her. As long as it wasn’t on the lips or hands.

2 Likes

Is this their culture?

Your baby, you are mom whatever you feel is right for your baby. If you want others to not kiss your baby let them know. Babies have died from RSV due to this. If they can’t listen they don’t need to see the baby. They are disrespecting you and your parental choices.

Your baby your rules. The end.

1 Like

That’s a catholic thing

Your baby you choice but I absolutely love seeing both set of my children’s grandparents smother them in kisses. Shows how much they love them. I’d rather them shower them in love than not be apart of their life. My opinion that’s all x

10 Likes

Where do your parents kiss your baby? On the bum? Forehead is much much better than lips my son gives his head when anyone asks for a kiss. ALSO you are kissing THEIR son on the lips and probably many other frogs before him.

12 Likes

To the people saying she is overreacting… at what age should grandparents stop kissing the child on the forehead? When the child can say they don’t like it? Right now it’s mom’s job to advocate for and protect her baby the way she sees fit.

8 Likes

Girl you gotta straight up tell them no. It may be uncomfortable but not more uncomfortable than losing a child due to kisses. The only people who should be kissing your baby is you, your partner, and your other children. Always teach them not to share drinks or food with people outside of the household.

4 Likes

I love all of this “it’s their grandchild” stuff. It’s HER baby! Mama, you’re not over reacting. I went through the same battle with my family. Baby can still get sick. This is how I thought of it: chances were very low that baby would get sick. But IF baby gets sick, baby could die. Do I want a dead baby? No. Is the risk worth not hurting some feelings? Hell no. I would rather fight with my family every day than have a dead baby. It’ll be over with soon, just stick to your guns!

14 Likes

I feel your overreacting, but it’s your little one. Do what you need to do.

3 Likes

You could suggest they kiss your baby’s feet… someone suggested that to me when I wasn’t sure what was okay with my first born. If they are healthy and safe and around her enough though, I’d probably just let them kiss her forehead.

3 Likes

Do you allow your parents to kiss your baby on the forehead?

8 Likes

You are overreacting massively :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

With covid and even just a risk of catching the flu… no, stand your ground. I didnt let anyone get near my daughter unless they washed their hands first even I didnt even let them kiss her

4 Likes

Why should she have to allow anyone to kiss her child?

5 Likes

I agree it’s your baby it’s your rules but again we are in a pandemic so I mean overreacting is the only thing that is going to keep the baby safe

3 Likes

Of course you are overreacting. They just want to show affection to the little one. No harm in it. If they weren’t family, then I could understand. You in laws are family whether you like them or not :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

All I can say it’s your baby so say as you wish. I’m just glad I’m not your in laws. :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

It seems a little extreme, but it’s your baby.

Be thankful your child has grandparents and is given affection… not like they’re kissing her lips

11 Likes

I lost family over this butttt you are the parents and what you say goes. They respect that or they don’t see your child point blank

8 Likes

It’s your child so you can do or feel whatever you want. But since you asked, I personally think you are way over reacting.

9 Likes

No one can tell you your overreacting because it’s your child. That being said in my own situations like this I feel like I am. I don’t like it either, but I don’t go as far as saying your not allowed to love/kiss my baby :woman_shrugging:t4: hope that makes sense… Bottom line the crotch goblin came out of you.

WITH A CAPITAL O
over reacting …

2 Likes

They want to kiss their grand baby! They love her too!!! Yes, I think you’re overreacting.

2 Likes