My man turned me down when I asked to be intimate: Advice?

It’s normal. You are being hormonal. Things come in waves. His is just not lining up with yours at the moment. He hasn’t turned you down. Just wants quality over quantity. If they want it allll the time there’s something sus

5 Likes

Men are human and are allowed to not desire sex constantly. There’s nothing wrong with your partner choosing to say no.

15 Likes

Why are women allowed to say no and that’s it but if a man does the same something is wrong? We complain about how things are and yet we are just as bad 🤷

72 Likes

I heard once that men are sometimes afraid of poking and hurting the baby especially if they are new fathers.

9 Likes

The people saying he must be getting it elsewhere? Gee I didn’t realize only women can say no. Does that mean they must be getting it elsewhere too? That’s not how that works 🤦 guys aren’t ALWAYS in the mood and that’s ok too. He could be stressed, anxious, scared to hurt the baby etc. I wouldn’t take it personal 🤷

9 Likes

Breathe, men are not constantly in the mood just like women are not constantly in the mood.

8 Likes

You have to be joking right? :joy::joy:

Why can’t you respect he said no?
Everyone has human rights. I’m sure he respects you when you say your not in the mood. Move on with it!

I’m sorry but “I’ve never been turned down” - Sounds like your a little up yourself there!

Everyone’s sex drive is different. He wasn’t in the mood. Don’t look into it.

9 Likes

You are hormonal! Relax! He is there with you! Most men get little frightened to have sex near birth.

6 Likes

Guys sometimes don’t want it, the same way females sometimes don’t want it.

9 Likes

Mann, my bf wouldn’t have sex with me while I was 9 months he wanted me to get a note from the doctor and the day I got the note… I winded up being rushed to the hospital for labor…

6 Likes

Girl just take care of yourself haha.

Everyone’s sex drives are different he’s allowed to say no. I think your being hormonal and thinking into things :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Having sex can bring labour on. Its great when your due. Its great anytime if your both in the mood. He and you are in the most emotional stage of pregnancy. Maybe tell him you really need a vit D injection that only he can give. Talk to him. Communication is the key to healthy relationships. Don’t take it personally. :slight_smile: good luck with bubs. Also all this covid rigmarole adds to birthing stress. I feel for you both. If your really horny… help yourself. If you do it with him in da bed he might want to help out… if not well your satisfied. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe the fact your always asking could be the reason he doesn’t want to do it

7 Likes

welcome to being the man in the relationship for just one day.
Spread the news of what its like to womens rights groups everywhere.

7 Likes

Why is it ok for you, and not him, to not have a high sex drive? Maybe he’s had a hard day, maybe he’s tired, maybe he just isn’t in the mood…

5 Likes

Men are allowed to say no too without having a deeper meaning other than just not feeling like it.

4 Likes

Men shouldn’t flatter themselves haha the baby is well protected from damage during sex… they would need to penetrate the cervix and no man is that blessed :joy:

3 Likes

He may be scared to hurt the baby, my husband was with his first child lol

4 Likes

He probably worried about giving the baby brain damage. My point is, men are very simple creatures. It could be something as ridiculous as my first statement. I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

3 Likes

One possibility I can offer is what my husband went through… The idea of a baby inside you, and being such a big bulge might make him worry he’ll do damage inside you or to the baby if he partakes in intercourse with you at this point.
He should get past that issue by the time you’re ready for your 6 week check up, post delivery…
But everyones different

1 Like

So my thought process is women are allowed to say no but men cannot? Lol also maybe he doesn’t feel comfortable having sex with how far along you are…. Like maybe it’s awkward or maybe he’s concerned about hurting the baby? Some men it is a huge turn on and some men regardless of whether it’s their baby or not it’s a huge turn off… I’m not saying it’s right or correct but it definitely happens

3 Likes

All hormonal due to pregnancy. Being pregnant your hormones are all over the place. Emotionally you also might want closeness with your significant other. Your mate, who should also be your friend, should and needs to understand your needs. Explain that what you are feeling is normal and having life affirming relations will not hurt you or the baby. He needs to step up, understand, & help. What a wonderful opportunity.

Nature has its own intelligence. Semen softens the cervix, so it makes sense that a woman’s hormones might signal desire to have sex closer to delivery time.
Never fear, red raspberry leaf herbal tea helps with this and so much more; number one herb for pregnancy and delivery for both mom and delivery.

3 Likes

His hormone levels are changing. They’ve done studies and when a man is told he is going to be a dad. His testosterone levels drop. So cool

1 Like

Talk to him about it. Dont read into things . And if he is uncomfortable with having sex while your pregnant well time to order a toy off line

3 Likes

He’s probably thinking he might hurt the baby or maybe with your increasing size he’s finding it difficult to get a position where he feels satisfied.

My advice would be to get a vibrator and respect when he says no. Marrying someone doesn’t mean you’re entitled to have sex with them whenever you want.

Poor guy. Its a shame that youre allowed to not feel like it but he isnt allowed to not feel like it… Just because he is a guy… Rude…

9 Likes

My man doesn’t want it anymore, at least with me. He doesn’t even initiate it. No hugs, no touching, nothing. It’s been like 3 months. His excuse is that he’s tired.

Some men think they may hurt the baby having sex when you are so far along in the pregnancy. He could be tired. Ask him if there is anything wrong.

Idk I’m 5 it’s been 4 months since nada. I’m horny but just sleep it off cuz idk why but it hurts

Lol I am 8 months pregnant too and want it all the time - but my husband is human, he gets tired, he’s not always in the mood etc. I think you are being overly hormonal. I just shrug it off and move on if he’s not into it - as much as it annoys me haha

He is probably afraid to hurt the baby. You are not overreacting, just talking to him.

Is this your first baby? Maybe he’s like some men that think they could hurt the baby this far into pregnancy. If it isn’t your first pregnancy did he do the same thing when you got that far along with the other pregnancy? He could also be to the point where he’s satisfied with sex only once or twice a week too and just because your hormone levels are at a peak because of pregnancy doesn’t peak a man’s testosterone levels lol. Since you’ve only been having sex once or twice a week maybe he did masterbation the times when he was in the mood and you wasn’t and got into a routine and is still doing so out of habit.

No is a full sentence and a complete answer. It doesn’t matter from which side of a relationship. Respect his full and complete answer.

1 Like

The fact that you’re asking on this forum tells me that he’s never turned you down before. Do you feel comfortable asking him about it? All of us can comment or speculate but only he knows the reason. I would just talk to him if it’s really bothering you. :heart:

1 Like

The same reasons you can say no and it’s ok.
He might be up for it. Maybe he doesn’t feel good. Maybe the thought of having sex with you while so far along makes him uncomfortable. He’s allowed to say no. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I wouldn’t say anything about it unless it continues to happen then I’d say hey, can we chat… what’s up?? I’m concerned….

1 Like

You are 8 months pregnate. He is probably terrified of hurting the baby. He might be 24 but he probably has no knowledge of how this works. And not all 20 something’s want sex 24, 7. It’s an individual thing. Talk to him calmly and figure it out or will be ok

At least you know he loves for you and not just sex, my husband is 68 and would be happy to have sex two times a day.

It’s normal for a man to not have sex or say no when you’re pregnant. He’s just 24 he thinks he might hurt the baby.

This is such a stupid status… The guy just doesn’t want it that night. End of… If women can say no so can men!

1 Like

I have a high sex drive and my man doesn’t, he is also 24. At one point we went two months with no intimacy, it about killed me. He’s perfectly content having sex about 1 every week or two

Such an intimate and serious topic/question to have not been more properly explained because as a person merely reading this it kinda hurt find out the only reply was a “no” and nothing else and it is obviously worrying you…= / I say communicate through this

It’s time for a face-to-face talk here to find out why. Is it he is afraid of somehow hurting the fetus or you? You may have to dig a bit or get help from a counselor, but there is a reason. Find it and figure out how to fix it. I had this same problem during the second trimester of our second. I backed off sex because there were a few unusual conditions that put our 2nd at risk, but didn’t want to admit it. 5 sessions with the counselor, and a couple of discussions with her doctor, opened the floodgates, not to our normal sex life before, but close enough to satisfy her, that was the important part.

Girl, if that man really loves you and his baby, he don’t want to hurt you… Or his baby… every time I got pregnant he would decline a few times so don’t take it to heart

Among the things to consider, if your man is regularly losing sex drive, ask him to have his thyroid levels checked at his next doctor’s visit.

Some people have lower sex drives then others. My bf is fine 2-5 times a week I on the other hand have a seriously high sex drive. I learned I can’t get mad because I literally want it ALL the time and that just can’t happen. You can ask him to take care of you eceb if he is not in the mood you just have to talk about it or he won’t know. If you have talked about it then keep talking about it til it changes

His lactic acid is probably causing a reduction in sexual drive, get some zinc into him and listen to Andrew Huberman podcasts…

Everyone’s sex drive is different. He also just could be tired. Don’t take this to heart.

Just like you’re dealing with things about to have a baby, so is he. He might have concerns, be tired, etc. Try hard not to take it personal

Some guys are uncomfortable with sex during pregnancy, it could be the farther along that this happened.

He could be having am off time.

Try asking him when your not as upset about it.

Men are afraid to have sex when you get bigger in pregnancy. It might “hurt the baby” mentality. Talk to him.

Hes young. He has immature friends, someone prob put the image in his head tbat the baby will either see his dick and remember it or that his baby might get hurt . And he is afraid the baby might bite him . Seriously its at weird at that . So talk to him don’t think there is something wrong with ether of you talk to him and don’t make a joke of it and you’ll be alright

I was forced to have sex in the bathroom at the hospital she really wanted that baby out and pop the water :sweat_drops:

You was perfectly OK to 1-2 times a week for 3 years. It’s his time for that. Ti.e for you to deal with it.

Well if it’s any consolation i’m on medication that near enough kills my sex drive

As a side note it could just be the image of having it privates too close to baby… men have a strange way of thinking sometimes… don’t really want to be poking the baby… and so that is most likely the issue he invisions

But it could also just be he wasn’t in the mood it does happen, more unusual for younger people but it does happen

Get the man to check is testosterone levels if they are low it will rusults in a lack of desire

I would talk to him and ask ehy he doesn’t want have sex with you. Could be a number of reasons. At least you’ll have an answer.

Wait till you get to your 50s, you might get it quarterly!

Mine would daily if he had his way. I would once a month if I had my way :woman_shrugging:t4: but that’s normal. If that’s usual of him then it could be bc you’re pregnant.

1 Like

He legit could just be tired, stressed, not in the mood just like women do

Maybe because you’re 8 months pregnant. He may not be comfortable with that.

Maybe he’s just not in the mood. Give the guy a break. You’re making it all about you…

Get a dildo and leave the poor guy alone

8 Likes

Your being hormonal and hes being what most men are in the 8th month. Concerned and worried usually. Seriously though this is for your guys to discuss and with your doctor.

Did you ask him why he said no? I think that would be a good place to start.

My husband wouldn’t come near me late term he said he felt like he was poking the babies head and it would make him dumb! :rofl:

Suck it up. You know how many times we’ve heard no in our lives (especially about sex)? Even from our significant others? You can handle a hand full of no’s during your tenure with life

It sounds like a communication breakdown.

My ex was afraid it would hurt the baby somehow.

Why can you turn him down but he can’t turn you down?
You’re worrying too much

Does he feel weird having sex while you’re pregnant?

Honestly your best bet is to straight up ask him?

Don’t get him used to it being regular now, there will be a drought when the baby comes :rofl::rofl:

I think it might be because you are 8 month pregnant he doesn’t want to poke the baby lol i wouldnt worry x

2 Likes

That’s weird. Maybe he’s getting some side action from a chick that’s slender and toned and not pregnant LOL :joy:

This is what men has been going through all along. So it’s ok for women to say no and men?

No your not being hormonal hun my husband is autstic and it hurts me everytime he rejects me xx

1 Like

some guys worry about hurting the unborn that late in the pregnanty

Not a good idea at eight month

Your okay with it and now your mad he’s okay with it? Lol get a toy.

Everyone has a different sex drive, not all men want it all the time. I would probably say your desire for more sex is down to hormones, it’s quite normal and it’s also quite possible that your other half is feeling a little wierd about having sex whilst you are so far along despite it being safe. I would try not to feel hurt about it, but be open and honest with him, the internet can’t read his mind

6 Likes

Girl if he says no it’s no. Respect it.

3 Likes

maybe he is concerned about teh life ya carrying ?

Just wait till baby comes…all ur attentions gonna be on that baby and he’ll be wishing he said yes.

It’s gonna be okay. It’s not some symptom of anything being wrong in your relationship. Your hormones are crazy right now, and for lots of pregnant women that means a change in sex drive.

Meanwhile, as you pregnancy progresses and you become more heavily pregnant, most men tend to view their partners as more and more fragile. They start to get more and more anxious that something such as sex may hurt the baby, not to mention the logistics involved. Of course sex is possible, just maybe not in your usual ways, and he may have some anxiety about all of it.

2 Likes

Young men cant get out of there own heads sometimes about there being a baby in there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Chill, he come around after the baby is born

2 Likes

That was me when I was pregnant :weary::weary:. It’s not just you !! It’s very hard not to because of the hormones :woman_facepalming:t4:

Who cares! Take things into your own hands! Don’t care about anyone’s sex life

More power to him… Imagine the situation reversed and a woman’s right to say no when she doesn’t feel like it… You have other means to relieve sexual tension and if you need affection maybe he would be willing to give that… Pending fatherhood May weigh heavily on his mind too stress affects libido… It’s hard not to take it personally but it’s very healthy that he feels he can say no… mature emotional intelligence.

1 Like

Yeah men don’t have to want sex all the time thank you.

I have 2 kids. Its weird fuckin that pregnant

Girl I have sex once if I’m lucky 3 times every 2 months.

Your man has issues I don’t have. Good grief.

I wish my man wanted to have sex more. We only do it 1-2x/month

Having sex with someone who’s quite far along in pregnancy weirds out a lot of men. Don’t take it personally and get yourself a toy.

24 is usually when a man’s hormones start changing and they can go longer without having the urge to have sex, or it can go extremely high into wanting sex.
But at this stage of a pregnancy if the guy does not ha3a pregnancy fetish he will be freaking out on if the baby will get hurt or see something. Lol I’ve had that talk with my hubby and he didn’t want to dent her or her see anything.

I’m in the same boat