My Marriage Is Very One-Sided and My Husband Never Supports or Spends Time with Me: Advice?

Sorry hon but i would talk to a lawyer get out now before your business makes a dollar.

26 Likes

Sounds like he might be jealous of your new business? Seems its not having the baby thats changed him since he’s giving all his attention to it.

1 Like

This was my first marriage, almost exactly. I realized I loved who I thought he was, not who he turned out to be. I left after 7 years, and it was 6.5 too late. He doesn’t value you, and unfortunately he won’t. Be done my dear, I promise you’ll be so much happier! 5 years later & I just married my best friend & true partner in every sense of the word.

18 Likes

Sometimes, actions speak louder than words… Does he have any attractive friends? Or possibly co- workers. Jk. Kinda. :wink: good luck

5 Likes

No. Get rid. Life’s too short. Be with someone who makes the effort and you are his world.

7 Likes

My husband puts our marriage and and family first,work second,and on his off days he spends time with our family for a good while than he let’s me know when he wants to play his game and even than he leaves the room door open and I stay in living room so if either of us needs anything than thats not a problem. My husband only works 3 days 12 hour shifts at night an on work nights we sleep during the day till its time for him to get up to get ready for work. On his off days he always puts our marriage and family first and makes sure to spend time with us and he let’s me know when he wants to play his game and he plays it but if either of us needs anything than he stops to see what’s needed and vice versa. I dont have to ask him to put us first,or to go to work,etc as thats how we was raised and he knows what comes first and he knows his game comes last. Were also 24 weeks and 4 days pregnant,hes amazing,but before the pregnancy hes always had his priorities straight. Explain to him that your family and you is suppose to come first before the game and as long as he spends time with the family altogether for awhile than he can play the game for a few hours but not until bed time. my husband is a amazing husband and dad and has his priorities straight so he knows what our routine is without me asking him to do his role as husband and father.

3 Likes

Divorce, i spent 15yrs like that… Your child deserves better… Your child needs to grow up seeing you treated with love not how things are, trust me, it damage children… My son Finds ot hard to show affection because he never saw it, only recieved it from me​:broken_heart::sleepy:

11 Likes

If ur business can support u and ur son i sure would leave.

8 Likes

Get gone… Peace out.

2 Likes

Oh dear, tbh, I’d leave!! And show him what’s left, he needs awake up call…question, if your already alone most of the time, what will be the difference really…? From women to women…If a guy is ignoring his wife and does little as possible in the relationship even though he knows you want more time, give it to him plus!!! You deserve attention from your husband something hes forgetting he promised on your wedding day…if hes broken that already what else is broken…Leave him honey, save yourself years…Get a support system and start living for you and your beautiful baby. You owe to to yourself to save yourself… hes already checked out…

7 Likes

I always try to see it from the other side… maybe he’s jealous of your new business and feels less of a man because of it? Maybe he’s stressed out at work and wants to wind down by playing video games? I’ve been married for 9 years and I will tell you that communication is everything. No nagging, just approach it at a different angle and see how that works? I’m hoping things turn around for you guys.

6 Likes

Leave… he isn’t going to change.

3 Likes

So… If you’re doing it alone already…DO IT ALONE. Drop him and stop being miserable. Your child is number one and your child deserves to see you happy…not miserable. You deserve happiness.

9 Likes

Its over, if he didn’t change for you when the baby came along, he is not going to do it for you now. Unfortunately, we have a ton of man-child’s everywhere that only take advantage of hardworking, ambitious, independent partners like you. I’ll agree with getting a lawyer and doing it the right way that way he doesn’t get a dime from your businesses. Not only will men take advantage of hard working women but then fuck then over at the end. Sorry you’re going through this, but I can guarantee that you’ll find someone else who will actually love and support you. He can go play like a little boy, and later regret what he lost! All too late

6 Likes

He’s basically showing you what you already know and feel. Let that shit go, girl!!! Life is tooooo short to be with someone who doesn’t appreciate you!! Get it together and end that. It’s not like you can’t survive without him, you’ve already been doing EVERYTHING by yourself!! YOU DONT NEED HIM!!!

9 Likes

Youre not overreacting thats BS he is supose to lead u and your baby to be the breadwinner inthe house ect ect so sory

Have you watched fireproof the movie? If not it may be worth a try

2 Likes

How do you want your son to treat his future partner? If you had a daughter and she was telling you this exact story, what advice would you give to her? When they say relationships are hard, this isn’t what they meant.

If he was ever going to change, he would have already. Move on while you still have a chance to help your son learn how to respect people he loves. Oh yeah…and start a journal for all the times you ask him to engage and he doesn’t. Dates/times.

8 Likes

I deal with the Same thing! It’s been 3 years and I still can’t figure out how to fix it! Good luck!

2 Likes

That’s not even a “ man”
that’s a boy your married to

7 Likes

U can still love someone n let go. It hurts more but he’s not interested in a partnership, he’s into the perks of it. Fuck him!
Do yourself a favour, put in place he can’t access the cash U make or a percentage of it from the business if it causes too much friction.
Keep going to places without him coz it’s Gunna b him Ur child ends up resenting in the end. Ur showing up for Ur child. He may spend a small amount of time “mingling” but ultimately he’s setting himself up for a world of hurt when U show U can cope without him. Ur doing great so far :muscle:

5 Likes

Yeah, that won’t change. Leave. I’m in year four of this. It doesn’t get better.

5 Likes

You dont need peoples advice… read your post…read it again…

6 Likes

The longer you leave the band-aid on the worse it’s gonna hurt to rib it off. Shape up or ship out.

2 Likes

Marriage counseling, it’s worth a shot and you might be surprised at how much it could help with the right counselor (if he will go). If it doesn’t work at least you’ll know you tried. Idk your faith but praying for guidance is always my suggestion.

6 Likes

Leave him alone you will be just fine!

Leave. I’m telling you right now, no one treats people they love that way. He isn’t interested in you which means he doesn’t even like you. The video games are an escape, an out to avoid having to deal with you.

11 Likes

Leave. I went through this. He will cry and promise to change too, don’t listen. Don’t waste years like I did. You deserve someone who will put in effort, who loves you and will show it.

5 Likes

Its time to leave the table when love is no longer being served.

4 Likes

Leave him you shouldn’t need to tell a man how to love you time and time again

2 Likes

You are not overreacting. You’ve told him how you feel, and he is showing you each day that he doesn’t care. You deserve much better.

1 Like

I straight up took the games out and mine threw a fit. I said “damn right I took my game back because you need to get your ass up and do something before i do and you ain’t gonna like it”.

1 Like

Then you need to finally just leave him!!! there’s other men out there that are not all the same…if you stay with him? Then you must like it…im just saying …put your big girl panties on n get out of there women!!!

2 Likes

Wow you just described my 18 year marriage… funny thing is tomorrow would have been our 20th wedding anniversary. You are not overreacting one bit! It took me 7 years to finally be done trying to be the only one fixing things… he is now remarried and I guess she don’t mind him on his computer everyday and all weekend… :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Those gaming consoles are literally addictions. I went through this, I was sick to death of coming second best to a game. My kids deserved so much better and so did I! When it becomes a nightly thing - hours on end, missing work, events, family dinner you know its a lost cause. I stayed way longer than I should of. My girls however are SO much happier now though :slight_smile: I feel so sad for you :frowning:

2 Likes

Pray, seek counseling, don’t make any rash decisions, give it time. A marriage is something that you work out your differences over the course of your marriage, through years and years. Your husband‘s is not perfect and never will be. Maybe he’s exhausted, maybe video games or just his way of decompressing from the stress of the job. My husband was similar, not video games. But he would come home from work, and go right to sleep wake up for supper. He had a very high stress job, and it exhausted him. Did I ever feel like I was alone in the marriage? Absolutely. Had a tendency to side with the children when I was disciplining them, simply because he didn’t wanna deal with it. He’s apologize for that many times over. And there were times within our marriage where I felt like I needed to leave, wanted to leave. I’m sure he felt the same at times. But he provided things in his own way, he always provided for our physical needs, always willing to forgive, loved his children unconditionally, even though he did not do all their activities with them. He’s generous with what God has blessed us with. Not just family. We are together 30 years, married for 27. I don’t know the intricacies of your marriage. But I know a marriage is a good thing. I wish you the best. And I will say a prayer for you.

4 Likes

Counceling. Immediately.

If he refuses or it doesn’t work. Divorce.

Don’t waste any more time on that man. You’re not asking for too much.

2 Likes

I am afraid he will only realize what he has when it’s gone. Get you a man who is a partner. This loser has to go.

3 Likes

It sounds like you already know what to do… do not fear the unknown… you got this girl! You already do all of this on your own! You are a fucking independent super mum and WOMAN! Someone will see that, appreciate that, and snatch you up and build with you! Treat you like the queen you already are! Don’t be afraid! :heart:

9 Likes

I had same sitch plus abuse… 10 year relationship and 3 years marriage with 3kids i was out. Stuff that. I had enough. I am now happily remarried to the best guy, supports me 100% has his own kids too plus our one together. Best soul pack we have here. If i can get out anyone can… might take years to try and then leap in the new journey but it is so worth it

3 Likes

Sounds like he has already mentally left you! Time to move on :weary:

1 Like

I would ask him what it would take for him to move out and if he wants visitation with his son or not so you can plan your life and figure out how much time you’ll need childcare.

It will either straighten his ass out or give you clarity.

No you’re not over reacting. He’s a husband and father. That takes priority over video games. If he wants a mother, he can go back to the one who raised him poorly.

9 Likes

I hope he realizes what a catch he has before it’s too late!
Let me say you are not over reacting! This is so relatable. And I hope that gives some comfort to know so many have been in these same shoes…

After our first we went through a tough year!!! I felt the same very one sided in the whole relationship and parenting. But we got to the root of the issue… eventually.
Communication!
Things change for men like, a chemical change, in their brains with newborns. ( Don’t get me started on us women! Lol)
So you said your little one is 18 months, for us around the two yr mark things changed and changed big time. Though that was after discussing the root problem, letting it settle, coming up with our next plan, and giving time in-between to make sure it was our move, then we pulled the trigger.
I suggest, counseling or if you guys can, work it out at home; but you have to talk!

It’s a lot starting a family. And if he is or has been sole breadwinner- which doesn’t sound like the case- it can be extra stressful.
Is he attracted to you anymore?
Does he feel neglected by you(somehow)?
There is something that’s not being said by him.
Let me say this again, you are not overreacting.
My hope for you, because it seems to me that you love him and want this to work, is that he comes around sooner than later.
Sometimes it’s a threat of an altimatum that’s enough to get his serious attention.
If things don’t drastically change- with consideration of actual effort and communication in the interim- by the two year mark you have to do what’s best for you and that little and leave.
You all will be ok however it goes…
Good luck and God bless💜

2 Likes

Leave. You and your son deserve better.

1 Like

Oh honey your a boss. Dont waste another minute begging a man for love… divorce him an make sure the judge knows exactly this. :pray::heart: good luck. & stay strong.

3 Likes

Not over reacting at all, you need to leave that man alone. He clearly isn’t interested in being a partner in your relationship, cut him loose. You’re already killing it as a single woman with a child!

2 Likes

Nope. Divorce him. I did. He’s deadweight.

1 Like

I’m going to be honest here but have you considered the possibility that he’s cheating? Too many signs

1 Like

If you’re doing it alone now being married you might as well do it by yourself!!

2 Likes

I did this for 4 years. It was miserable. I finally woke up one day and asked myself if I’m not happy how can my kids be happy. Best thing I ever asked myself. I’m out I’m free and my kids and I are truly happy now.

1 Like

Take your child and leave.

Left mine. I was making it on my own any way.

Sorry to say it but stop wasting your time. I did and 11 years later he is now doing it to anotjer girl. It is called selfishness.

2 Likes

If you’re going to do it all on your own might as well be alone.

3 Likes

Thats how it was before my marriage ended. It sounds like therapy or counseling would be ideal. Atleast talk and see where your both at. Make sure to protect yourself with your business if you didn’t sign a prenump before getting married.

1 Like

How many ways does a man need to tell you he don’t want you?

2 Likes

Do it all ya self tell him to Fuck off get out of ya life cause it sounds like it’ll be no different anyways pay a sexy man to do ya yards n sit n have a drink while you enjoy the view

2 Likes

Not over reacting. Give it to him straight… Either he meets you 50/50 and starts putting some damn effort in or you cut the dead weight. Sadly love isn’t enough to stay. You deserve someone who either has your back and is an equal or the satisfaction of going it alone.

1 Like

I spent a good amount of time in a loveless marriage lifestyle too short and my kid needed to see his mom treated better. I’m now married to a man who adores me and the kids spends time with us, works with me as a team to better our family.
You dont have to stay unhappy

2 Likes

Leave him or kick him out. You’re doing everything by yourself already, its not much of a difference to being single, except at the moment you’ve got an over-grown child in the house. If he don’t want to meet you half way with effort, then there’s no point in a relationship

3 Likes

Go back home to mom. Unless you can support yourself. Looks like she cares about you alot. Him on the other hand, might as well drop some weight girl.

1 Like

Could you suggest (enforce) he has his time when baby is asleep? Evenings are for family time and it’s expected that you are together.

My (ex) partner was the same. We went to therapy, he said he was jealous of everything I could do. He basically felt emasculated, so he had a man child tantrum about it and withdrew, which made me resent him. Which I actually found incredibly frustrating because if he just helped me a little bit then I’d obviously want to ( and have more energy to) spend time with him or be affectionate with him.
Our therapy didn’t work out in the way I hoped but it did work out in a different way and it helped me to clearly see our issues and know that I made the right choice to separate. We are all much happier now. And he’s a much better dad now that he is forced to spend time with the kids 2 weekends a month.

3 Likes

Absolutely not overreacting! May I suggest if he won’t do ANYTHING for you EVER, stop making his dinner, washing etc and say you have your handsful with kids, house and your work.

He acts like a spoilt kid, if he doesn’t shape up, ship him back to his real mother!

14 Likes

How long are you prepared for this to go on before you see that you and your son deserve better?

5 Likes

Similar situation tbh. You need to give him an ultimatum, he needs to go to counseling with you and put in more effort into yalls marriage and make a change or get a divorce :woman_shrugging:t2: because you deserve better and so does you son

Bye bye Felicia :wave: girl! You are doing the damn thing!!!:clap::clap::clap::100::nail_care:take your baby and do you!! He can get every other weekend and I’m sure he’d be just fine with it. You DO NOT deserve this!

3 Likes

Sounds like a teenager who’s permanently selfish and stopping. I’d turn off the Internet connection, tell him when he can behave like a functioning adult who deserves a wife and child who clearly does her best… Then he can have gaming privilege back :rofl:

2 Likes

And not one comment asking to delve into his well being and mental health. It’s very stressful being a dad, he could very well be suffering with some form of depression. Video games are an escape from real life. Don’t just throw him to the lions. Us guys need help sometimes, we’re just not that good at asking for it.

11 Likes

Sometimes the signs are there…either you stand firm and ask him if he is IN OR OUT or just pack your bags and go. You don’t need to be begging to be loved when it’s supposed to be given willingly.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but he is out of your marriage already. You can not possibly feel any more alone apart from him except you have control again. I’m really sorry you are going through this.

1 Like

Girl, you got your own business!! Tell him to kick rocks. You’ve got this. Don’t let him bring you down. Good luck to you. Congratulations on your new business!

6 Likes

What are you getting from this relationship that’s positive? Very little going by what you’ve written. Try counselling if you want to see if you can salvage your relationship but You don’t need him …clearly… you’re doing it all solo as it is by sounds of it now if he’s a dead weight dont get dragged down.

6 Likes

Omg and this is why these day “marriage is just a piece of paper” just because things are not going good you don’t need to just pack it in and leave. You need to sit down and give it to him straight I know you’ve had talks with him but he needs to understand where your coming from. I’d suggest marriage counselling, set date nights, girls nights, boys nights. My husband and I went through a rough patch we put our kids first and our marriage second and it almost killed us. Now our marriage is equal with the kids needs. my husband will be the one I will be spending my life with once the kids have moved out of home.

1 Like

time for therapy or you walk!!!

I suggest you guys to go for couple counselling maybe that was be will listen to you

Sounds like you need a divorce

5 Likes

:woman_facepalming:Do you really need our advice? You have a good for norhing stranger living in your home. Send his inmature ass back where he came from. Your son doesnt need that type of example as a “Father Figure”
You deserve so much better, and so does your Baby.

5 Likes

Natasha :flushed: she thinks she’s overreacting. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Trust me on this, he’s a child amd sees you as his mother. Run

Move on and move on quick before your business picks up because depending on where you live he will get half of it and that doesn’t seem fair since he doesn’t help you with anything

3 Likes

Why are grown men playing video games? I hate it so much.

3 Likes

If you want to look at this optimistically, you are a 100% self sufficient women and you don’t need a man, proven time and time again by the sounds of it. So what ever the outcome, ball is completely in your court and you and your son will absolutely be alright. Well done 🦸🏻‍♀️ #supermum

9 Likes

If your gonna do it all by yourself, BE BY YOURSELF!..

10 Likes

Tell him straight up that if something doesn’t change, it’s time for a divorce.

2 Likes

What kind of vows did he read to you when he married you? Doesn’t sound like he is keeping them. If you can do it alone financially as well as you do it alone emotionally and physically, throw divorce out there. Even if you love him. You’ll grow to hate him eventually anyway.

4 Likes

Almost 6 years in… 3 kids. Girl it wont change. You either have to accept it or move on. Most days I accept it and just ignore his existence unless I need something. I realized I was wasting my time amf emotions getting mad when nothing changes… I know it sounds hella sad but you just get used to it. We’ve broken up a couple times too…and for some reason I always take him back. Love is fuckin hard

Stop paying the internet bill then he can’t play his games…

3 Likes

kick that child out… he is not a man… dont waste ur time. and dont wait to long to do it

Get out now. He’s not going to change. It’s easier being alone than feeling alone in a loveless marriage. Been there, done that. So many years wasted.

No he sounds like an overgrown child. It may come down to giving an ultimatum either he grows up and helps or it’s over.

1 Like

It’s called a gaming addiction and he won’t stop. I would not live in a house with someone who doesn’t even acknowledge me. It’s not too late to leave him find someone who really loves and supports you. Ask him to move out and then see what happens. He might change.

2 Likes

Seperate! The old saying is you don’t know what you got 'til it’s gone. He will either wake up and straighten up if he loves you or life will go on. The only change in your life will be not having to beg for his help and attention anymore freeing up time for you. You will no longer be a doormat if you get up and not allow yourself to be walked on anymore.

2 Likes

Your doing pretty much everything on your own… what do you need him for? Keep doing ur thing girl… drop kick his ass to the curve and a man who will want your attention will be doing those things with you because he’ll just want to be with you.

A few things come to mind…
What’s the advice you would give to a friend that told you that about her relationship? Take that same advice!
Do you realize that the example of the relationship you are showing your child everyday is how he’s going to interpret relationship and behave in his own relationships when he’s older? Do you want the same relationship for him? No? Change it. I’m not advocating for divorce or being single, but change is clearly needed.
Last, this question is how I look at situations that I’m struggling with emotionally. If I was given the worst news possible today, that I have 1 yr to live, is the life I’m living my best life? I have zero desire to die with any regrets, what if’s, or shoulda-woulda-coulda’s!
I realize your heart is involved, and loving someone changes how we handle things. But… while you might love him I question his love for you. You’re sacrificing your own happiness for a man who sounds like he wouldn’t walk across the street for you.

3 Likes

This is the problem with men these days, I would never date let alone marry a grown man who plays video games, that’s was your first mistake. But at this point trash that piece as it’s an addiction. Second get him help because if there isn’t immediate change you’ve got to move on. The longer you stay in this the harder it is for you and him as well to change. Most guys don’t want to shop, pumpkin patch, and do the park thing with the kids, he doesn’t find interest in photo shoots and fancy birthdays for a toddler, but I put my foot down and my husband commits to at least showing up and showing interest. He will set aside one day a week and say to me and the kids what’s the plan today. He may complain at first but when I give him the eye he will make himself happy and get on board. I know it’s not for me that he did it, he does it for the kids. The kids we both made by choice, and if I mention that this will pass and he will regret it then his whole attitude changes. Your baby is still young, your husband may be struggling with being tied down and excepting the husband and dad role. He may be using VG to lose himself instead of taking control. You never know really what his struggled is unless he tells you or gets help.

1 Like

These stories are repetitive. Always whining while husband plays video games and never “helps” good enough to your expectations :roll_eyes:. You married him.

Maybe he doesn’t want to show you attention because his girlfriend won’t like it

1 Like

You seem to be a clever, strongminded person.
You already know what you need to do for your own happiness and fulfillment.

1 Like

Kick his lazy good for nothing ass out!!! You’re doing it all by yourself anyways!!!

Quit inviting him. Make plans and enjoy them. He only doesn’t care because you do. Stop caring about involving him. Enjoy your life.

3 Likes