My MIL constantly buys me baby clothes and I do not like it: Advice?

You sound as if you’re 14.

I am here running to the comments :joy: but grow tf up !!

I’m guessing this is your 1st kid?!?!

Pfft…pretty lucky to have her in ur life if u ask me…:woman_facepalming:

Be kind, accept the gifts

My mom calls my kids her babies & so does my MIL :woman_shrugging:t3: I want my kids to be loved & everything they buy for my boys I am thankful for! I’m not sure why your mad

Wish I had this problem. Lol

Goodness me you sound ungrateful :woman_facepalming:t4:

So many families that don’t have a loving grandmama and ur over here complaining that she loves ur son :woman_facepalming:t2: this can’t be real?

Seems like. you are the problem. So sad, I feel sorry for your MIL.

“Maw maws baby "
" memes girl”

My mom and my grandma say both these things to my baby and I love the fact they love her . You sound PETTY

You’re ridiculous. That baby is yours and hers too. Be thankful she is an active Grandma.

What you say to her is Thank You.

U have help, be greatful and stop complaining.

Girl you are ungrateful and you should be grateful that she is even buying her things. You should count your self blessed. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: how old are you again if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Omg get over yourself.
Your mother in law is doing something nice.
Grow up and appreciate that you actually have a mother in law that likes to help and be involved.
You sound overbearing and childish.

:woman_facepalming:t2: crikey. Are you sure you’re old enough to have had a baby? You sound about 10.

Jesus. I’ll trade you places and then you can come and list all the things you feel your MIL does wrong. I guarantee you wont have a list. You sound super ungrateful and conniving you’re literally mad someone loves and buys for your kid. Its immature and narcissistic behavior truthfully.

She’s just overjoyed being a grandma. My first grandchild came a few weeks back and let me tell you he stole my heart n soul. I’m so extremely proud and excited about him. Just remember having someone love your baby is a blessing. It takes a village to raise a child even if the tribe works your nerves. Best of luck lovie

1 Like

Say nothing… your lucky to even have 1 that cares that much to be honest :roll_eyes: petty and selfish it’s her grandkid too.

You put them in the clothes if 1 you know they are coming to visit or just send a picture and put the clothes away :woman_shrugging:

Wow you are ungrateful as hell…. Grow up an buy your baby your own stuff since you wanna complain that what someone else is buying for you isn’t what you like…

Take the clothes. Show the appreciation. Put your kid in the outfit when you visit or enough to take a few pictures here and there for her and call it a day. They look forward to being grandparents. You’re their child and now your grown and don’t need them. Grandkids are what they have left for someone to need them in some capacity. This is a tiny non issue that I think you’re having a bigger reaction to than you should

My grandbabies are MY babies. I call all 7 of them my baby. Be grateful she is involved and loves your child as much as she does. It sounds like she is very active in your child’s life and that this is what you have a problem with.

So you don’t like her buying clothes that say “grandma this and grandma that” because YOU want to match with him? Sounds more like an ego thing. Just take the clothes and be grateful.

Lifes to short man who cares put him.in something she bought when u go see her shes the grandma she should be able to at least u have her in his life still…be grateful

You’re being a bit much…sorry. I call my 3yo nephew “my man” when he was a baby I called him “my baby”. Not saying he is mine mine. I just love him so much. Also, I have 5 kids. My best friend still calls all of them her babies and they range from 10-18! As far as the clothes go…you should be more grateful. He’s a baby. He doesn’t care about what he wears. If these are the only complaints you have of your MIL you are LUCKY!

So ungrateful thats her grandkid why wouldn’t she wanna buy stuff for the baby. Its not about you smh…

Omggg!!
Really?
:roll_eyes:
So many parents would love to have your MIL problem

I’m guessing you never had loving family befor and not sure how to take it. The fact you have a grandparent so excited and wanting to be there for there grandchild and buy them stuff is a blessing. Try to sit back and take it as a compliment

Wow you have issues. Be glad! Ungrateful sounding af

1 Like

Use the clothes as pjs i get you have your style but be greatful for what shes doing alot of people have nothing like it,bit petty been worried about her saying my baby gosh i wish my kids had a grandmother that would even aknowlegde their existance ,big things to moan about in life thats for sure

ungratefulness!! imagine all the mothers who wish the g.ma would… GROW UP GIRL

Wow! You’re coming across as very jealous and insecure. You’re also very incongruent as in you say you appreciate it but you so obviously do not.

Be grateful your child has that because ALOT of children don’t… my children have no grandparents on either side and I wish so badly they did.

Just say thank u then gift it to someone else in the future…

Be glad she’s around and just simply sit down and talk with her

My MIL used to buy so much baby clothes for my daughter that she couldn’t wear everything before outgrowing them. Eventually we had a garage sale and I put all the clothes out. I had 18 white size 18-24 months turtlenecks. My daughter hated turtlenecks. She had no neck at that age. It was crazy how much my daughter had and I rarely bought anything for her. I loved it. My mil bought her so many lily pulitzer dresses, Ugg coats and booties, dresses from France. She spent a load on clothes for my daughter. It brought her joy to do this. If I didn’t like something I just let her know and she returned it. No hard feelings, no need to write and vent about it. She bought so much clothes for my baby that when we had a garage sale, one woman asked how many kids I had I had enough to fill a dept store.

Wow! You are very petty! Your child has a grandparent whom loves it and your are selfish! You should go look at yourself in the mirror and slap your self! Then go call her and apologize! Dress your baby in the clothes and take some pictures send them to the mil and be greatful!! :roll_eyes::flushed::woman_shrugging::zipper_mouth_face::massage_woman: y’all petty a*z lil kids make me laugh!!

At least she’s trying :woman_shrugging:t2: that’s more than my MIL does

Bro I feel sorry 4 u Ur just going through soo much ffs :roll_eyes::facepunch:

First time mom? Clothes are expensive and always needed, I guess if you have a “certain” style buy your own shit and tell everyone stop buying you things…. I have ONE and I can tell you now by 1 1/2-2 the clothes are DESTROYED! Mines was all over the ground, floor, food everywhere so again my opinion is but your own “style” and tell her you are ungrateful :woman_shrugging:

Children are not :sparkles:accesories​:sparkles:

Grow up.

You come across as petty, jealous, and mean.

I only hope your son takes after his grandmother.

Sheeeeeesh…

……… this is the worst thing you’ve got going on in your life?

I can’t stand ungrateful people :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Eh?
Are you 12?!
Grow up!

U sound like my bitch ass sister in law :joy::joy::joy: be grateful cause my mom is dead and my mother in law plays favorites and cut my son out of her life cause i called her out on her BS

Say that you are ungrateful :eyes:

Your lucky to have a MIL as nice to you and her grand baby , my MIL is a evil witch, consider yourself bless . And let her be a grandma, stop being a brat

2 Likes

You sound ungrateful and selfish, but that’s just my opinion.

Wow be grateful she buys him clothes and that you can also afford to buy him clothes that you like him to wear . Some People can’t afford to buy their kids cheap clothes and they also don’t have a grandmother to buy them any clothes. So if that’s truly you’re only issue in life I am truly sorry for you. You sound super ungrateful and super spoiled

2 Likes

My grandma and my mama always call my 2 girls “their baby” but they’re grandmas and I don’t take it personal. But I don’t get along with my mother-in-law either and everything she does around my girls gets on my nerves but she does it out of spite… like she does things that she KNOWS she wouldn’t appreciate someone doing to her either. She knows how to push my buttons. So I can definitely relate to how you’re feeling with that.

…. I wish I had someone to help with my kids. My mom died and I know she’d be a huge part of my kids lives. I’d let her. My MIL does occasionally but it’s been maybe four times in three and a half years. She comes around when she wants and at first she wasn’t allowed around them because of her mistakes.

She doesn’t HAVE to do anything. You should appreciate that instead of “it’s my way not yours.”

It takes a village to raise a child. You need to reevaluate before you don’t have any help at all. Be GRATEFUL. Not a bitch…

Just be grateful you have someone willing to go out of their way to spend their money on clothes for your baby. So many mamas and daddy’s out there are doing it alone with no help. Accept the clothes and move on :ok_hand:t3:

As a grandma I’m going to say let her. She’s proud to be a grandma let your kiddo wear them when he’s going to see her. I love buying my grandkids clothes and guess what I call em all my bugs… I have my sweet love bug, my termite and my beautiful lady bug lol :joy: I ask my daughter for ideas and get the boys what they like but I also do the grandma shirts…

How about just be grateful for her doing anything at all for her grand baby. You sound like a real gem.

Now is not the time to be a brat about things with inflation this fing high shit send em to me ill take em

I would tell her to stop making comments like that, because those are infuriating. I would also tell her she’s free to buy whatever, but you’re out of room for clothes and would appreciate essentials more. I told everyone not to buy my son those weird “ladies I Have arrived” type clothes. If they buy them, they wasted their money because he won’t wear them. You’re the parent, you make the rules.

1 Like

Ungrateful… get over yourself

Don’t be a c***. Let her continue to buy clothes for her grandchild. Ungrateful much?

2 Likes

Alexis Beseau
Madison Love
I always bought you lots of stuff and called you’s my baby because you are huh

Omg lady get a grip. She’s an excited grandma who is trying to help with her grandchild. You want to match your baby all the time? Why? How do you even do that without making your own clothes? Anyway be grateful your child has a grandparent who dotes on him & loves him. My kids would love that. Their only living grandparent could care less that they exist. Honestly we don’t even know if he is alive. Haven’t heard from him in almost a decade. Let her buy him clothes. Put him in the clothes she buys when he sees her. It won’t kill you or him. You’re being a petty b!tch.

Calling him “my baby” is a term of endearment. She’s not taking claim to him. I have a close friend who calls my kids her babies. She always has. They’re 9&10. I never even thought of being offended by it.

Just tell her “I’m an ungrateful b-i-t-c-h so please stop being nice to my child”

I feel like most of y’all either A) have never dealt with overbearing MILs or grandparents, or you ARE the overbearing MILs and grandparents. Sounds like MIL is a habitual boundary crosser.

1 Like

Appreciate the grandmother, damn… I bet you won’t be complaining if you need a break and a babysitter. There are folks praying for an active grandparent. Geesh weird ass generation of narcissists.

I’m sorry but you are ungrateful.

You sound so selfish. Wow.

You are ungrateful :woman_shrugging: there’s people who would kill to have more family to live their baby

You sound like a spoiled, entitled brat who needs to grow up. She loves those babies, a lot do not have such a good Grandmother. You need to have therapy.

Fucking grow up n be THANKFUL your mum is even in her life

Dont say anything. Don’t dress him in the clothes.

You’re a bit ungrateful…

Okay, me too same boat. I’ve literally told my MIL to stop buying the kids things. (It’s always used and nasty things) my husband and I work hard to have nice things I don’t want my kids dressed badly. She keeps doing it. She brings literal garbage, things NOONE would want and gets mad when I say I don’t want it. Speak up :woman_shrugging:t3: those are your feelings and they are valid. You don’t want stuff you can’t use. It leads to pack ratting.

1 Like

Samantha Hodges thoughts ?

Wow. Get over yourself and be thankful.

Enjoy it because not a lot of kids have grandparents… It won’t last forever so just let your baby enjoy all the loving and memories in the making

Keep your post as a reminder. What do I mean by that? I am a grandma and a great grandma and it seems just yesterday my children were babies. Soon you will be me . DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE BUY YOUR GRANDCHILDREN ANY OUTFITS. FOR PETE’S SAKE DO NOT REFER TO THEM AS YOUR BABY. Your rules sis make sure you really want to follow them. As selfish as you are there is no way you can follow your own rules.

My mom is not alive to see her granddaughter … :disappointed:

Ewwww…this is probably the most immature and ungrateful thing I’ve seen posted on this site to date! Grow up. She shouldn’t buy you a damn thing with that attitude.

Remember it’s not fully about your style. While you have some right to choose, being overly controlling over baby clothes is not ok .

You sound mighty ungrateful and immature. Wanting to only have matching outfits with your son sounds beyond controlling. That poor child. Not to mention being offended over her saying my baby? :woman_facepalming: grow up, pull the stick out of your a$$ and be grateful your child has a grandparent that loves him and wants to spoil him (meanwhile also helping you). I think your MIL sounds great.

I hate that a LARGE amount of baby girl and girl clothes in general, are freaking cheetah print! It’s hideous and I hate it when people give me animal print clothes for my kids (unless it’s cow lol)

Oof. Imagine the day when your kiddo no longer has grandparents to spoil him. :melting_face:

Don’t you just love social media. Brings out all of fill on the BLANKS.

Donate the clothes if you don’t like them… lol

Seriously u sound a little ungrateful you should be happy that she even bothers at all :woman_shrugging: She’s buying for the baby not to suit you and your certain style​:woman_facepalming:

1 Like

You need to grow up and quit being so self centered

You are the problem here. Get over yourself

We are grandparents, we buy for the child, not you. How about appreciate what we do for our grandchildren. This is less you have to buy. One of our grandchildrens mothers told us we should just give her money instead of buying for the grandbaby. No that’s not how this works. What we do for our children and grandchildren is out of love not because we have to.

A baby is a baby, oh I want this style that style so ungrateful the baby isn’t a fashion accessory

Ungrateful, I’m glad you’re not my dil, or daughter

Wish I had this problem :roll_eyes::unamused:

Whew child. Pick you’re battles Mama. You worrying about shit that’s outta your control.
Now dress the baby in the little ugly grandma clothes when she visits and keep it pushing.

Can we say immaturity :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:grow up…tell her you are a selfish ungrateful person who had serious issues…legit​:roll_eyes:

Grow up. You seem very selfish as well as narcissistic. You should appreciate the fact that your child is well loved. Some children never have that bond. She is doing it for her grandchild and NOT for you. But maybe that is the problem, I’m sure you would enjoy her buying YOU items. You are the mother and should appreciate anyone who loves your child. Not about you anymore when you have a child. They come 1st and not you. Stop being jealous of your own child’s happiness and well being. Plus NO KID WANTS TO MATCH THEIR PARENTS CLOTHING :roll_eyes: :rofl: Just a heads up girl

1 Like

You sound so ungrateful :woozy_face:

Enjoy it!!! I do the same :rofl:

You sound so ungrateful. You should be THANKFUL that your child has a grandmother who is invested in him and cares about him and is PRESENT. So many people don’t get that. You don’t like the clothes? Keep it to yourself and say thank you with a damn smile and just put them on him when you go to visit her. It will make her so happy.
And check yourself sis, and take a look at how blessed you are.
Sincerely a former single mother who wouldn’t have survived had it not been for my grandmother.

1 Like

Wow, I’m sure glad I didn’t have you for a daughter in law :roll_eyes:

1 Like