My MIL constantly buys me baby clothes and I do not like it: Advice?

So? Have baby wear clothes when gramma’s around. Or play dress up and send gramma pictures with her outfits.
She’s gramma. Don’t you dare say anything! Sounds a little snobby to even make this post.

Obviously judging from the comments…YOU ARE NOT THE POPULAR ONE!!:rofl::rofl: UNGRATEFUL MUCH…

So buy your kid his own clothes and shut the fuck up. Be grateful.

You tell her you don’t need anymore clothes right now, or offer other things needed as options if she feels the need to buy gifts. Every time she calls your child her baby you respond with “Your grand baby is,” or “MY baby is,” etc. Your child and your say. The amount of gross entitlement and judgement here from some of these boomer grandmas is disgusting. I think people forget it’s YOUR child. While I’m sure you’re not ungrateful she’s involved, I fully understand not wanting any of a certain type of clothing or b being annoyed by all the things you now have to find space for that your child won’t wear.

1 Like

How old are you?

Stop it.

2 Likes

Imagine if he wasn’t even in he’s life then you would you actually cry over something

Tell me you’re ungrateful with out telling me you’re ungrateful :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Sounds like YOU’RE the problem.

2 Likes

Maybe appreciate that someone buys your kid clothes :joy: don’t put the baby in it if it’s that bad but are you seriously complaining about getting free baby things??

If you lost a baby you wouldn’t be so harsh

Unbelievable accept what is giving

1 Like

She’s his grandmother. Get over it. :roll_eyes:

Some woman pray for a mil like that

7 Likes

Take it and say thank you. Put it on him, take a picture and send it to her, then take it off of him if you wish. You don’t have to like it, but you should be a nice decent person.

2 Likes

Just say no thanks, or talk to her about it, or take it and then donate it.

Tell her you don’t appreciate what she buys and you would rather her not spend her money.

Actually maybe just put them on the baby when she is there…

My my shame on you. You must be rich. Shame on you for being such a bitch.

Talk about unappreciative. Get over yourself already.

1 Like

On the clothes just say thank you, and let her know the style you DO prefer. I used to buy the wrong things too until they told me. And I found it helpful a little hurtful but I am old enough to get over that myself, but more helpful than hurtful. As far as calling your child her baby? Learn to get over that yourself she obviously has a deep and loving connection to your child be happy your child has others who love your child as well. You cannot be all things to your child allow them to be loved by others without getting jealous-because it is jealousy. Letting others love your kids helps them and gives them another supportive person and does not diminish your worth in any way

That’s absolutely heartless and terrible of you! Sounds like you need to grow up! You might be in her shoes one day, how would you like it!!!

I think you need to lose the attitude, put on one of the cute grandma outfits SHE bought him and get his pictures taken for her. Just because it’s not your style doesn’t mean he can’t have other clothes. Maybe if you do something nice for her she will feel included

Are you actually being serious? You don’t like her buying clothes because you like to match with him?? He’s not a doll and stuff saying grandma she’s obviously just excited he doesn’t have to wear them all the time.

Hugs. It’s ok. In the beginning it feels Like anyone doing stuff you don’t want is a direct hit. Honey it isn’t. They aren’t trying to spite you. She’s just excited. Just let her buy them.
Right now it seems like a lot of clothing and only two or three things the baby wears :thinking:. Sounds like all woman eh? Eventually the extra clothes will help. So right now maybe use a top with your outfit etc. and don’t worry about it. I got so many clothes and the baby lived in fleece onsies. :woman_shrugging:.
It’s ok. Hugs. She doesn’t have to wear them. I’ve had two kids and each has worn some of each clothes. It’ll be ok. Have a nice basket for some “not fitting” stuff and just don’t worry bout it

Maybe just be grateful!! There’s some grandchildren out there that DONT get anything from there grandmas! SMH :roll_eyes: also grow up!

1 Like

Be lucky and thankful your mil buys your son anything some grandchildren aren’t so lucky to get that treatment. And calling him her baby that’s just a term of endearment my mil calls my son her chunk and my daughter her girl. It’s not like she’s tryna take him from you she just loves him bunches

Maybe you would feel better if she did nothing for you or her grandchildren. Because believe me there are plenty of grandparents that could care less about seeing their grandkids let alone buy them something. God forbid it to say grandma in it. I am sure she can do for someone else beside your petty unappreciated self.

She’s excited. Let her have that. Put him in clothes when she’s around or take a pic of him in them and send it to her. It’s that simple. My mom also calls my youngest her baby cause she is the baby. Out of 14 grandkids she’s the baby. Every calls her baby even though she’s 3. I think you’re looking too deep into it and should be more grateful.

Have her keep the clothes at her house for visits and such. And ask her if she really wants to help, here is a list of things that are actually needed.

This must be ur first kid um FYI that’s what a grandma does SMH
What’s it gonna hurt u put a I love my grandma shirt on the baby a couple of times so grandma sees it WOW if u wanted to raise ur baby alone with just u in the bubble then u should of not told anyone and disappeared
If u tell grandma to back off then don’t be mad when u pop out more kids later and she don’t do nothing for them or u
Grandmas can be smothering but it’s what they do sorry u were raised differently

You like to “match” with him?!?! LOL You sound ridiculous AND petty!!! Btw everyone reading this knows that by “more useful” you mean diapers and wipes :roll_eyes:

I buy for my grandson, most of the stuff is kept at my house. you could always donate the stuff someone will appreciate it.

1 Like

Hope your child don’t grow up to be so ungrateful like you!! Be blessed that she cares enough to do shit period! Get over yourself! What is the real problem?

“Thanks mom i appreciate that. Maybe next time we could get some diapers instead” an add a laugh at the end.

1 Like

I would love that. My MIL still buys my son clothes and i love it! :heart:

My mom calls my son her baby too but it’s just because she loves him so much. It’s not to minimize your role at all

Be grateful that you have family that is there for you and your baby and loves you both enough to show it. Trust me.

Oh my God , You are so lucky,but at the same time unappreciative . I wonder how your husband feels about it. Grow up.

Try not being so ungrateful. Perhaps you’d prefer it if grandma didn’t bother at all. It’s your baby but remember he’s her grandma by to.

Be grateful , thankful thst you are blessed with a mil like her. Not all of us were.

Grow up ya brat!!! She’s a proud grandma.

Some of you guys were ridiculously ungrateful.

So you’re on here complaining about a grandma being a grandma….??? oh my God, Make it make sense! You need to be more grateful because some kids don’t have grandparents!!! 

Omg, Me and my granddaughter dress alike all the time. We say we best friends forever! She is my heart, we go to Disney everywhere. My daughter be like mom really I say yep​:joy::joy: and we laugh about it. Lighten up a bit it will be ok. My Butterbean is 3 and I pick her up from school and the teacher ask are you her grandma I said yes, she said she talks about you everyday. Please don’t mess up that bound! It’s a beautiful thing!

Your kids have grandparents? My sons just died… he loved being my dads grandson. :unamused:

You sound real ungrateful and creepy to wanna match ur son

Your a fool for this you should be glad your mother in law loves your child

Say thanks and donate the stuff you don’t have the space for

1 Like

It is normal to want to purchase and cloth our own children.
It sounds like grandma is making purchases based on making herself the focus of attention. That raises red flags about her intentions.

I would be concerned that she might want to be the focus of attention as your child grows up. She has no right to call him HER BABY. He is definitely not HER baby.

You have every right to be concerned. That angry feeling is your body warning you that boundaries are being violated. The clothing thing may just be the way you focus without realizing the deeper issue. She is violating boundaries.

Read up about boundaries. Establish some today. You can say, “Thanks but I am not constantly dressing MY BABY in clothing that says “grandma” on it. Here are things that I prefer.”

Watch to be sure that nothing happens that would indicate she is undermining your position. I would personally supervise visits at all times.

You can donate the clothing that you don’t want.

Grow up.

You sound like an immature, spoiled toddler.

Be grateful your MIL loves your child.

Accept her gifts with a smile and with thanks.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh…