My MIL constantly takes my 2-month-old from my hands when she cries: What should I do?

Mil needs to get out

Sounds like u need your own spot

2 Likes

Move tf out. Leave him there.

Tell ur old man to grow up grow a pair & to stand up to his family bc if he doesn’t you & the baby are going to leave bc you refuse to let his mom & grandma walk all over you like you don’t exist & you refuse to take his verbal/emotional abuse trying to stand up for them against you. It’s supposed to be you, him & your daughter against the world not him, his mom, his grandma against you & that baby.

1 Like

Walk over and take the baby back

3 Likes

She would either learn respect for me as the baby’s mother or be banned from being around her. And your man needs to get off his mom’s boobs. You have a maternal instinct too. Your mil has no right whatsoever to snatch the baby out of your hands. If they go to grab bottle or baby out of your hand, simply turn & walk off. If they are in your home, ask them to leave. If you are visiting them, pack baby up & leave when they start their bs. The longer u let them do it, the longer they will walk all over you

2 Likes

Tell her to back off YOUR child… and im sorry but your husband is a douche…i mean i guess he isnt all the time since you married him?? But for that particular moment… he could have came up with a better excuse than saying “maternal instincts” so the baby came from you…you dont have maternal instincts… i would slap the jesus out of them

4 Likes

Honestly you grab your baby back and don’t give two fucks what those people say sit your husband down and tell him it’s your way or no way how dare they try to take your baby while she has already had 44 days away from you her only home she knows, no one can understand what a NICU mom has to go through I can only imagine because I have never had to be in that situation you stand your ground that is your child and your are her momma and you know best especially her being this small… NICU bbs are so much more sensitive a smoker should definitely not be kissing a child but especially such a small baby there have been cases all around this country of infants passing away because grown ups can’t keep their mouths away from them which baffles me if it’s not your baby don’t kiss them. How dare they I’m fuming for you sending you lots of love and prayers for this to change and for your husband to back you up. Enough is enough you and your baby girl should be his main priority now!

Honestly you need to nip this in the bud now… Before they get too comfortable telling you what to do with your own baby. Tell your man to either take up for you or your leaving him with his momma and grandma. And they wouldn’t be kissing around on my baby period. Especially smoking. Don’t let his momma think for one minute you’re intimidated by her. She’ll get the picture once you start putting her in her place.

2 Likes

If ur choosing to live with them… Well, their house their rules sort of thing. Move out and you’ll find the peace ur looking for.

1 Like

I would just say no its ok ive got it and get up and walk to another room. If she goes to grab again repeat no its ok, your the mother you dont have to hand your child ober to anyone if you dont want too.

Sounds like your fiance is the problem too, he believes her manipulative lies.

He’s not your husband yet and she’s not your mother in law, and he’s not on your side, he’s on theirs. You need to get out as this will be your life from now on, you’re not legally tied to them. Take your daughter and leave.

2 Likes

I would tell my husband to grow a set of balls it’s YOUR child they go to just take her I would back up and say I’m sorry but in her mother and I will comfort her!!! If your husband or whoever doesn’t like it tell them there’s the door don’t let you in the ass on the way out!!

Sounds like you need to lay down the boundaries!! She is YOUR baby, stipulate you dont want any help unless you ask for it. And move out ASAP.

1 Like

Have a grown up conversation.
Let her know that you are bonding and soothing your crying baby is a very important part of that process.
It’s very important to have boundaries.
If you don’t set them, others won’t respect them.

1 Like

Your baby, your rules. If you don’t want someone to hold your baby hold your ground.

Shes your baby,I’d tell her to back off hurt feelings or not

Be nice tell her that you’re baby and go get her one and your soon to be husband tell him to shut the f up are he get to stepper

From what I have gathered is your living under their roof but that doesn’t mean you have to tolerate this kind of abuse from any of them. So I would say you need to have a sit down with everyone and let them know how you feel about the whole situation. You need to let them know that you and the baby are bonding right now and your also trying to get her on a schedule and by their interference in that matter is going to make it harder for the baby to relate to what you are teaching her. You can tell them you appreciate their help but this is a situation that a mother and child have to get used to in order to succeed in what your trying to do. But you also should stand your ground as a woman and mother and tell them how important it is that you get this right or else you aren’t going to have a child that understands when it’s time to do the terms of the schedule which will result in an unruly child. This is not a good thing for anyone. Tell them how you feel about everything but do it in a way that doesn’t put you in the spotlight as a total bitch. You have every right to say the way you feel no matter whose home your in and if your so called fiance doesn’t back you up then he just wouldn’t be a fiance anymore. It’s time for a sitdown and just be confident that in the end they will understand if not they never will. And if that’s the way it ends then it’s probably time to end it all and go about your way, with or without him. But that’s your child and you are it’s mother and no one should be interfering with you setting down grounds in how your child will be. If you allow them to step in and screw it up for you, it will be on you how your child will be in the long run. Good luck sweetie, you can do this with them or without. :blush:

You and your fiance need to be on the same page with how you want to raise your baby. He needs to support you and stick up for you in front of his family. YOU’RE the mom! What you say goes and it’s your baby that you take care of. Your MIL needs to respect that you and your fiance have to figure out why shes crying/how to soothe her not your MIL. Also, 3rd hand smoke is a huge no no. I get why you’d be upset with the Great grandma kissing on her after smoking. Stick up for your babies health and explain to the grandma why it’s bad for the babies lungs and such. Good luck! :two_hearts:

Give the speech: look I know you are her Grandma and you love and are proud of her, but we are her parents. I am her mama. I want you in her life but Please sit back and enjoy being a grandmother while I do my job. If I need help, I’ll let you know!

8 Likes

This is way out of hand.1st of all your fiancee is supposed to support you & have your back especially since you are being walked all over.This is yours & his baby NOT THEIRS .I would have second thoughts about marrying him.SORRY .Those woman are over stepping boundaries.Its up to you to make decisions on who takes care of her and the smoking & kissing is gross & maybe unhealthy.May have to ask a doctor.These woman need to be put in their place.That place is for you to say when they can hold,feed,etc.& If they can even come over.Uf your boyfriend can’t back you this will never change.Since he doesn’t have the balls you have to speak out.

1 Like

Learn to say No the baby is fine and I will handle it. Start saving to move and get your own place just you ,hubby and baby and No keys to anyone. Your baby your decisions if you fiance isn’t with you on decisions the don’t get married. You don’t need to fight. Just say No.

1 Like

Of course after the speech you and dad have to stand your ground be firm make rules. God bless!

1 Like

Give the speech , give him the speech if needed . Good luck , I know what you going through

1 Like

I’m guessing that you live with your MIL or she lives with you from your story - I’d say that you either need to move out or set some clear and hard boundaries. It will be ugly at first. But this is your and your fiance’s child - NOT HERS. She raised her children. Now it’s your turn. Advise and wisdom should always be welcomed - but it should be just that. You will piss a whole lot of people off with the way you choose to raise your children/who you allow them to see/etc. it’s starting now for you and it sounds like it’s close to home. Keep strong and explain to your fiance what you’re feeling and what your concerns are. He should support you, and if he isn’t - that’s a separate issue to be dealt with. Good luck!

8 Likes

Your man sounds like hes a mamas boy so hes gonna take up for her bc he knows he has someone to watch yalls kid whenever he doesnt want to. If you guys arent living with her and all this is happening at your place is have a sit down with both of them at the same time and tell her that is yalls child and to respect you because she will have a place in that childs life but you are the mother and will be the mother.

You got me side eyeing everyone and I don’t even know them! I’m sorry, but this is your baby and your hubby needs to grow some balls and stand up for you and his baby. I would be packing some bags and getting the hell away from them.

3 Likes

I would take my baby and run!

5 Likes

This is crazy my mother n law try that many times an I got sick orbit so I told her she is my baby I no you trying to help but it’s crazy u come over to my house in take over I no what I’m doing you have raised ur kids now let me cause mine the waY I feel fit to I appreciate it if you would stop trying to me her mom n call before you come over so see you have to put ur feet down n too if it make ur soon to be mad then it’s on too you had her not them it’s ur baby you take it back let them no where u stand be bold about it I’m a bold person anyway I just telling like it is as for him treating u like that you need to stop that or both of them will end up taking over UR BABY stand up for ur self just be open n bold say what you want girl if I was there I would do it for you hope this helps let us all no the turn out plz

1 Like

Stop her now or she will try to control everything.
Once nosy always nosy. Put your foot down and don’t give in. Trust me!!

1 Like

I had the “oh hell no” face on the entire time I read this :joy::joy:

7 Likes

Your fiance’s has a problem. I would leave him. These are big red flags on how he is treating you and how he will always treat you.

10 Likes

If fiance wants to come with you guys good if not leave him behind!!!

3 Likes

You definitely need some boundaries😬

Oh you got troubles.

1 Like

Run for your life it won’t get any better.

1 Like

Better leave now if u can

1 Like

I’m sorry but hell to the no! U aren’t abt to take MY CHILD outta my hands like that! Smh this bitch has some nerve and shame on her son, the HUSBAND of child, for not putting her in her place too!