My mom constantly eats the food that I buy for my son and I: Advice?

Rent $500 and up
Bread $1
Unless you are sharing the rent let your momma eat in peice

1 Like

That’s so sad be happy you have a mom

1 Like

Honestly, the entitlement is what the issue is here. Whether or no she’s your mom doesnt matter. The fact she thinks it’s owed to her and takes it even though you’ve talked to her about it is not okay. I do have to ask though, are you helping with the bills? If so, I would definitely start hoarding food in my room. If not, I would use a little extra to buy foods she can eat as well. I completely understand the irritation. Nothing is worse than buying food for a specific reason and having someone eat it all up😐 my entire life I always asked if I could eat something regardless of where i was. My grandma used to tell me “whatever is here is yours, too” and I’d still ask if I could eat it😂

4 Likes

She bought groceries for you and didn’t charge you. I think this is a lil much. Buy extrA bread for the house. She is your mother. Now if she making food for others then I’d sAy something. One thing I was taught to never fight over food, money, or boyfriends. Good luck🙏🏻

1 Like

Yall some petty ass bitches… I’m appalled by all y’all who r so ridiculous over food tht u say u wouldn’t feed ur momma

Lol a mini fridge in room.

1 Like

There’s more to the story. I’m not gonna be mean or disrespectful, but I AM going to politely ask you to keep the idea in your head that one day, mom’s not gonna be here anymore. Then the food won’t even matter.

5 Likes

I’m a mother and if I was in this situation I wouldnt be eating my grandchilds food…some people were never susposed to be parents…I also wouldnt charge my child or grandchild for living w me…I’m the parent idc what age my child is I’m gonna help her not hinder her🙄

8 Likes

It’s bread!!! Seriously? Or anything else she wants to eat. Maybe ask her if she wants anything from the store. If that is the least of your worries you’re doing pretty good. Make his lunches in advance. Can’t even believe this is a problem. She is your mom!!!

2 Likes

I don’t know the whole back round of this posters issues BUT I will say…I have grown children that know my home is open door policy for them and my grandkids.Whether it’s for a meal,money to help out or a place to stay.Thats what mother’s…or most good mom’s…are supposed to do.If your mom in return makes a sandwich with bread you bought,let her! I’m sure she’s sacrificed a time or 2 so you could have so no need to act selfish and petty

5 Likes

Wish my mum was here so I cud feed her ,

4 Likes

Let her eat the bread one day she will not be there to eat bread or anything else

I guess your mom should start charging you for daycare… LOL what a bitch daughter.

Your Mother should have swallowed you.

6 Likes

In our family we take care of each other , my daughter and granddaughter live with my husband and I and have for yrs , daughter only pays two small bills 1 every month 1 every other . If we pick up dinner we usually pay she may once a week , she and childs father will buy for GC lunch because she carries lunch to school. Sometimes my husband and I buy stuff for lunch for GC. But I have always been one to prepare my plate after everyone is finished eating to make sure my family has everything they want during the meal . I always get my takeout last in case someone is not happy with their food. It is a mindset, my mother and father both have taught me to give first then take care of yourself . My mother is 82 yrs old she sent dinner to my home last night because she wanted too.

I say these things because you said I pay my way how ? Does your mother own her home ? If she does do you pay the taxes for the shelter she is providing , do you pay homeowners insurance , do you pay, if the stove breaks a water pipe burst. When you went back home did you have to come up with first and last months rent? Think about everything that goes on in life then go to Walmart buy a footlocker and a mini fridge put your food in footlocker with a lock on it then get a fridge with a lock and do the same . Then when you have to run out the door for five minuets yeh just five don’t ask your mom to watch your grandchild because she will but you complain about food.

1 Like

Buy a cabinet or something with locks

Some folk don’t know the value of a parent🙈

3 Likes

do you think she might want you to move ? that’s what it sounds like to me sorry

1 Like

If it’s in the house fridge and pantry, it’s for everyone :woman_shrugging:t3: either get a tote bin and mini fridge for your room, or move out.

5 Likes

If your paying Bill’s rent, utilities, and things like that put the dry stuff in your room if it’s that big of a deal. I dont know my mom, but insert my daddy in your mom’s place. He could eat any damn thing he wants. Bit if it’s that big of an issue, hide it and then find your own place🤷‍♀️

What do you mean by paying your way? If you pay 500.00 dollars a month rent plus half of electricity, cable, and water, plus t.p. laundry soap etc. If your not doing that your not paying your way. Why are you living with your mother if you can pay your way. When I go to my daughters the first thing I do is raid her junk food. I’m on disability and can’t splurge like that. She’s never complained. :v::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Either get your own place or shut up! She’s still supporting you and your child, water and electric and roof over y’alls head and your bitching about some $2 loaf of bread! My god! This generation fucking sucks!

Have you told her that it’s for the kid (not you) to be eating? If you have and she’s still eating it I’d be so mad. Everyone needs to eat but the kid always comes first. Maybe talk to her about using a part of what you give her for staying there just to buy groceries that way everyone has food and everyone is happy. I hope things work out for you. Living with my mother in law was pure hell. She would throw food and drinks away if she didn’t like them. I could go on and on about her but I don’t wanna get worked up hahaha. Anyways good luck sweetie. If you want someone to talk to just message me. No judgement :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Seems to me she fed you your entire life as a child…

5 Likes

Buy 2 loaves of bread

Grow up it’s your mum!! Shes given you a place to live and I’m pretty sure when you were younger she sometimes went without just so you got… shes good enough to put you up but you pull your face at her eating some food? Wow

3 Likes

Buy more bread!! Buy more food
This is insane!!:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
Or switch…u pay the mortgage and she buys the food

2 Likes

Many of you assume that the majority of parents are supportive loving parents. Those that aren’t raise their children with emotional imbalances. Some maybe impose their physical anger. In any case, many grown children don’t have supportive parents.

I’m thinking some of your suggestions give her choices to help her situation. I have one suggestion, which may be cheaper in the long run. Pay for the child’s lunches, if the child is of school age.

I didn’t have supportive parents. There were many nights I went hungry bc I fed everyone first. That meant by the time I was done serving everyone there wasn’t any food left. I was 5"1" and 85lbs.

Don’t judge, just offer suggestions. Thank you.

6 Likes

Lock it up or keep it in your room. Hard to do with fridge items. Or move out.

1 Like

I mean I would be pissed if someone sate my kids food too, I get food stamps and she’s a card holder on my account so it’s not hard for her to get her own food but yet she eats mine.

3 Likes

Ok so we DON’T even know the history or dynamic of their relationship. Just because she’s her mom you cannot imply she is a saint for all we know she’s living there to help out with the bills🤷
If by “paying my way” means she pays $500/600 dollars a month plus half the utilities then they are basically roommates. Sorry but if my roommate ate the food I’d purchased for my kid I’d be pissed. Now if she’s just freeloading off of her mom paying $100 a month and considers that paying her way and pissed off about food then she needs to move the hell out. And I would feel sorry for the mom :eyes: for raising such an entitled assshole.

37 Likes

We have the same problem except she moved in with us and doesn’t pay a single thing

3 Likes

Buy lock boxes for your food… don’t give or show her where you keep the key/ combo??

2 Likes

Think of all the years she wiped your butt and fed your ass ran I u around the word is THINK of her also she puts up with u in her house ingrat!

You should never argue over food. I was taught if there is one piece of bread we will cut it into pieces to share.

12 Likes

If she is paying her way including rent. Her mom should contribute to the food also. My son and I live with my dad and I pay rent and utilities. My dad buys food also.

4 Likes

I buy my grandsons food and certain things like his school snacks and certain foods he wants at home are for him. No other adult in the house is allowed to eat it period. They are grown they can go buy their own. My mother would never take my grandsons food in fact she would make sure he didnt run out. My son has a fridge in his room and he gets his own foods he likes and drinks and no we don’t touch his. But we all make sure the kitchen has plenty of food for everybody. Its all about respect. And nobody comes before a child period.

3 Likes

Move out if shes a bad mother , why live there, if shes a good mother …she must be footing the bill for most of it. Either way talk it out with her or move out.

1 Like

Seems like a lot of people on here don’t understand where you are coming from and I understand both points of view maybe get a couple of plastic bins…one for the fridge and one for non-parishable items and for the things that you buy for school lunches go in them with " childs name school lunches and snacks" written in permanent marker on them. Then if it continues get a mini-fridge and keep the items you don’t want her eating in your room.

3 Likes

Some of you folks are judgemental and rude. I don’t understand why if you don’t have something helpful or at least nice to say, why you would say anything at all.

3 Likes

Everyone is mad at you for needing to feed your kid. This place isn’t the place to come for most questions, all these women are high and mighty on their soap boxes. They weren’t taught if they didn’t have something productive to say not to say anything at all. Sorry, girl.

12 Likes

I mean I guess I get it money wise but my mama would give me her last slice of bread and I would do the same for her. I wouldn’t complain about my mama eating our food, I’d just buy more. Sounds like you need to be out on your own with your son if y’all can’t look out for each other better than that. Family takes care of each other where I’m from.

9 Likes

You could never pay her back all you owe her. She has provided for you for years! Second, you are still living with her. There is no way your expenses now are as big as they would be if you and your son were completely on your own. You might try buying extra “snacks” for all of you. When you have done as much for her as she has done for you you might could ask her to buy some snacks to share with everyone, but that time will never happen!

9 Likes

Keep it in your room locked and if you have to buy a locking cabinet with a key to store food I

2 Likes

All I got to say is maybe you need your own place

4 Likes

Without knowing the history between y’all, just because you live with her doesn’t mean her eating all of your stuff (and especially your kid’s stuff) is alright and I bet anybody commenting would actually be raging if it was them :roll_eyes: it was your mother’s job to provide basic necessities to you growing up, you didn’t ask to be born, and you don’t owe her for them.

7 Likes

Omg,i,m glad I live alone…and pay all the Bill’s myself…and i,m HAPPY. All u unhappy people need to get a place of ur own,its wonderful!!.. quiet and calm!! Lol

If you are both paying 50/50 then address the issue with her.

If not, do not say anything and start looking for your own place.

Yeah well my mom drinks all my alcohol :joy: Everytime she comes over she drinks whatever’s here. Says it’s for her nerves because of my kids​:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Then move out … :joy: she’s letting you stay with her, and she’s probably helping you care for your son…

2 Likes

Hide you food in your room then

2 Likes

Holy crap… you guys need to learn to read! She states that she is paying her way ON TOP of buying her own food. She isn’t freeloading off her mother and it isn’t her responsibility to pay all her mother’s bills. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I’d mention it to her once more, then resort to keeping it in your room. But only assuming you don’t eat any food she buys. Works both ways.

6 Likes

FIND AN APARTMENT :fu: She obviously let you move in cuz you had nowhere else to go …or you would be in your own place ! Do sent matter if you pay rent that’s what adults do ! She’s ur mom and gave you life and you complaining about sharing your bread with her !! HOLLY Crap … imagine your kid treats you like that when your older :thinking: good luck in life :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Buy your own fridge and keep it in your room

2 Likes

My kids are not responsible to take care of me. Period. I am struggling to understand the people commenting on here that she should pay bills, provide food for herself and her son AND her mom.

7 Likes

my son and I currently live under my father’s roof. I buy food and he buys food. sure- my father dips into the snacks but he does as much as me & I do as much as him. you’re sharing the same home. communication is key! I wouldn’t be here with out him & his grandson would not either. we all have a great relationship. “you ate the last cookie”? thanks for letting me know. I’ll grab some more in the morning.

4 Likes

Separate it. Do you have your own space/room that you could put a small cabinet or one of those pop up closets in?

That way you can just remove the temptation all together.

Also…mini fridge!! Although they are a few hundred dollars at least it’s a one time buy! (I think come are even cheaper, look at it as a dorm room)

2 Likes

Are you paying half of all the bills?Rent,power,water?Not just a little bit,but half?If you are then she is being a crappy mom,and grandmother for eating your sons food.If not stop complaining.Get your own place as soon as you can.I’ve been there,but couldn’t help with most of the bills.So I cleaned,cooked,etc,and bought food when I could.You can keep the food in your room,in a cooler and on a shelf.

Mini fridge in your bedroom with a lock

So, your mom don’t buy foods and told you gotta but your own foods with your son? I’d be so damn pissed off about that I’d tell her off mother or no mother in my eyes and let her grandson Gose hungry because she wouldn’t buy herself foods, that’s low

Do you pay her to live there? What do you do to help out? If you don’t contribute, then she has a right to eat up. Rise up and get your own place. Your mom owes you nothing. You are old enough to have a child, it’s your responsibility, not hers.

3 Likes

Lock your food in your room. Get a mini fridge and some plastic stackable drawers for food. Also make sure you get a real lock for your room. Problem solved… or move out.m

2 Likes

Ughhh idk honestly I have same issues with in laws we pay the rent lot rent and help with most of the bills and onto of foodstamps and taking care of there teen son we tell my fil all the times to atleast think of others because he will eat anything and everything you get buy oreos for once to share with mainly to bad he will eat all of them leaving 4 so when you go to finally get some they are all gone our solution we hide special treats buy snack cakes we divide them evenly and give him just his share so we try and comprise just sucks we have to hide them

1 Like

Lock it up somewhere else. When i moved back home with my 2 year old i was barely making above minimum wage and going to school fulltime. Money was tight for me. I paid rent and my own food. my younger siblings would CONSTANTLY eat my sons food put aside for lunch, breakfast ,snacks. I started keeping what i could stored in my room (shelf and mini fridge) and my room locked since asking them to stop didnt work.

2 Likes

Unless you are paying 1/2 of everything and I mean everything, then shut it! Anything your parents do for you after 18 or college is a favor. Deal with it or move out

10 Likes

Get a little fridge for your room and keep your groceries in your room;that way no arguments will start. Out of sight out of mind…

1 Like

Get your own place. I had this problem living with my relative she would feed her son and grandson whatever o made my husband for dinner. The only solution we found was have a lock on our door and keep or food in our room, and eventually we wound up moving out

Lock it up somewhere or keep a small pantry in your room. I’m assuming your living arrangements are just temporary…

1 Like

For all y’all saying to move out or calling her “disrespectful” she helps her mother pay bills and she buys her and her son door while her mother probably buys her own but constantly gets into theirs. Do you know how hard it is to move out, it’s so much easier said then done now a days. I know from personal experience because my SO and I have been living on our own for almost 2 years now and it’s rough being on our especially since we hadn’t gotten completely on our feet and had a baby on the way. So y’all judgemental people need to mind your own business and do as your parents told you. If you don’t have my thing nice to say then don’t fucking day anything at all👌

I’m sorry but that is your MOTHER. We have 6 people in our house, and sometimes we don’t have much, but we never stop anyone from eating. Not everyone is always able to pitch in for groceries but that doesn’t mean we don’t let them eat or get upset when they do. We make it work, even if we had one piece of bread left, no one would be left out. Maybe you can give her the option of going together and split the bill so that there’s more food, so it can be shared. We are all in this together and should figure it out together. I don’t understand why everyone is so distant and cold with their families. Life is too short! :heart: if your child has a special diet restrictions, you can label them or keep them closed up somewhere. But otherwise I think you need to choose your battles wisely.

9 Likes

Keep what u can in ur room… sum people are just rude and selfish

3 Likes

It’s your mom regardless !

2 Likes

If u dont want to share with your own “mom,” get your own place, duh!

5 Likes

Life is always beautiful when you be with the true person you love. For almost a year my lover had broke up with me and I was lonely and sad luckily I was directed to a very kind and Great spell caster Dr Madini Opa who helped me to bring back my lover to me and today I am with him now and happy together and very grateful for what you have done for me Dr Madini Opa Email him via spiritualmadiniopa@gmail. com OR what app on +2349026948490

3 Likes

Not sure why there are people laugh reacting to this? It’s a rude thing to do. When I lived with my parents, in a house hold of 6 people, it was very clear that what I bought for my son was not to be touched. Especially considering I paid with it using my food stamp money. It’s disrespectful.

1 Like

It’s your mum, who gives a fuck, let her eat it

Mom or not… you don’t know the back story, the grow up childhood back story was not provided therefore wtf is the point of making a point like that. If I was in those shoes I’d be mad to. I’ve been there with my dad. That’s why you don’t live with family unless like another person said you have no choice! And FYI my dad lived in my house and we still had that problem. Who knows maybe her mother didn’t raise her like my dad didn’t. Gtfo with all hat bullshit.

To the mom and son, start going to the pantry. It’s food, and eventually someone else won’t eat it. But if everyone is gunned enough they will! Cheaper that way! Less headache till you get where you need to be boo

Move out, problem solved.

5 Likes

Hell my mother made me pay gas to go to work at 15, my own clothes anything that I wanted once I was at working age. Don’t get me wrong, life goes ways ya never want it to. Giving birth and raising a child does not give you the right to hold that over there head the rest of your life, some of you people need to go on.

2 Likes

When we lived with my parents I paid for food and it was for all. Anything that was just “ours” I kept in trunk in a tote or in a tote thing in room

2 Likes

Do you pay rent and utilities?

3 Likes

Move out get your own place then she will probley move in and eat your food any way

1 Like

Buy a mini fridge to put in your room and keep your food in there. And lock your door before leaving your room.

If you have no problem paying your own way and buying everything then what’s an extra loaf of bread here and then she opened her home to you from the kindness of her heart regardless if you pay for it or not she didn’t have to let you guys stay there some parents won’t even do that for people my God if it’s that big of a problem move out

3 Likes

If she can’t afford to move out you think she can afford to buy extra groceries for other people to eat?? Smh.

5 Likes

What if things were turned around let’s just say you didn’t have money to buy food for you and your son and your mom did how would you feel if she complained about you and your son eating her food I’m sure you wouldn’t like it no matter what she is your mom and you should always look out after her while she still here because when the good Lord calls on her you’ll be wishing you could give her that last piece of bread no one should be upset because of food or put labels on food because I know for a fact God does not like greedy Js

7 Likes

Get your own damn place then :woman_shrugging:

I have a conscience I could never hide food in a car in a bedroom or separate refrigerator it would just bother me bad especially to hide food from your mom that is just wrong Js

4 Likes

Don-t give her the money and you but the groceries

1 Like

My mom is gone. I wish I could go back and undo things that feel insignificant after her death, even if they were significant at the time. Maybe buy smaller portions so it’s less tempting to use? Another option would be to let go of the frustration and “give” her the food. I’d be happy to contribute $20 to a gofundme to help.

2 Likes

Buy a dorm fridge and keep your food In it in your room. Keep your other foods in your closet.

2 Likes

You gotta start hiding it or giving her less money for rent if you are. If your not hide what you need to

4 Likes

When my husband and my children like the same food I buy some for them and him and put in seperate cabinets

Get a mini fridge and keep stuff in your room

Is she eating your food because she can’t afford her own food or is it because she forgets or is too lazy to go out and get her own and this means you run out of food for your son ?

6 Likes

Feed your child…feed your mom…you are all family

13 Likes

Move out of your mommy’s house?

12 Likes

Your mom fed you for 18 years I’m guessing…so let her eat without being judged. It’s your mother. Not a roommate

23 Likes

Buy a cooler and put paddle locks :closed_lock_with_key: on it front and back and sides put super glue on the screws

4 Likes

move out and grow up!

9 Likes