My mom constantly eats the food that I buy for my son and I: Advice?

It’s your mother for God’s sake. She gave you life and you can never repay her for that no matter how many loaves of bread she ate. Just my opinion, sorry to whoever doesn’t like it

12 Likes

I get that everyone has opinions and theres nothing wrong with that but the judgement on this page is getting ridiculous. We’re supposed to be helping give advice to people who actually reach out. Fuck. I just got out of a physiatrist hospital because I was too afraid to ask for help and being judged for it. Be kind. If you don’t agree that’s fine , you have an opinion that’s fine. Being dicks to people asking about something that bothers them is unnecessary and so disappointing. Whether or not it’s something that would bother you , it bothers someone. It’s valid. I’m about to unfollow this page it’s a platform for bullying at this point. Maybe if people were kind people like me wouldn’t have to scare the shit out of loved ones and feel the guilt of ever considering leaving your baby and being hospitalized. It’s not difficult to be kind.

Did you eat her food growing up?

8 Likes

She’s your mom she gave you life!!!

5 Likes

Oh Lord! Just feed your mom! She fed you, didn’t she???

5 Likes

Simple, THAT’s your mama :thinking:

6 Likes

Question you guys never have a meal together? Who cooks and buy the food for those meals? Set me straight because I may be out of line I don’t know the whole situation; but I would give my mother anything she wanted, she long gone and you’re going to miss her someday.

8 Likes

Boy some people…no respect.

2 Likes

It’s freaking food. You live in her house. WTH! Why people are so greedy when it comes to food I’ll never know. I know my mom always fed us first no matter what when we were growing up. We didn’t have much and she would go without for her kids. I’d give my mom the world if I could and I def wouldn’t be bitching about her eating my food while I’m living her house. Move out and see how much more it’ll cost you to live on your own. A loaf of bread is nothing compared to hundreds of more dollars you would be spending on your own place and bills plus food and everything else you need to live. Stop being so greedy. Esp with your own mother. If it’s that much of a problem for you move out. It’s a lot harder when you don’t live with mommy. Trust me.

Get a life girl, she is your mother!

5 Likes

Sounds like you should put your big girl panties and pay for food,rent,water,sewer,garbage,heat,air conditioning toilet paper,laundry soap,towels,shampoo, toothpaste, and everything else you are probably getting for free

11 Likes

This can’t be real :woman_facepalming:. She’s ur damn mother. You live in her house WITH a child. Damn right she can eat what she wants… smh

I wish my mom was still around to eat my food!:weary::sob:

8 Likes

Move out :woman_shrugging: why are you a grown adult still living at home with your mama, who I’m going to guess is watching your baby for free?

6 Likes

Move out and get your own place!

6 Likes

Do you pay for rent and utilities? If not then be quiet, your getting the better end and she’s putting up with you and your kid and probably doing some babysitting too!!

6 Likes

Buy extra bread!! :heart::grin:

6 Likes

Y’all get on my nerves. This whole group is judgmental. If she’s paying to stay in that house and having to buy her own groceries, you’d be annoyed if someone was going through all your shit that you pay for. These comments about “she’s your mother.” well that’s her damn child too. Holding it over her head that her mom did this and that for her when she was a kid is exactly what a mother is supposed to do. This woman is trying to provide for her son, not her mom. I’m sure if she had the means she wouldn’t have a problem with her mom eating the food that she’s buying but maybe she doesn’t and the fact that she’s asked her mom to stop and her mother continues is a lack of boundaries. If she’s paying for her own, no one is entitled to that except her and her son. Everyone’s life is different. Just because you’d do it for your mom doesn’t mean she can continue to afford buying extra food for hers.

Step in her shoes. Imagine if your kid and grandchild one day live with you.

1 Like

Yeah my grandma would be turning over in her grave if I ever thought this about my own mother!

It’s food, she paid for you for years, birthed you, raised you and now has you and your son in her home.

Maybe you should buy more food and be grateful for what you have?!?

Your mother won’t live forever. If the groceries are the worse of your problems how about you move out of her house and see how expensive stuff really is?

I miss the “good food” my mom would pay for when I lived at home. Now that I foot the bill for everything “times is always hoard” I’m broke asf! :joy:

I would be so embarrassed to tell my mother not to eat my food.

2 Likes

Talk to her let her know that she’s going to have to help with groceries

3 Likes

Come on bread it’s not like she is eating steaks

3 Likes

Shes your mom dude, how long did she feed you?

7 Likes

Are these posts even real? Trying to imagine someone being so shallow and entitled in real life.

4 Likes

Basics should always be bought for the house (TP, bread, milk, coffee, cheese etc). Any items you want for yourself can be kept in a plastic bin.

Buy a 60 pantry from walmart and put it in ur room. Especially if you’re paying Bill’s. Now if your staying there for free or only paying let’s say…light…or cable then she has a right. In my opinion

3 Likes

“She’s your mother” you can never repay all she has given or is doing for you. Let her eat, just buy extra.

3 Likes

all these comments saying “She’s your mother, she pushed you out and fed you … bla bla” obviously don’t get it. The OP had to buy their own food. and her mother just eats it when it was for her grandbaby. She didnt buy it, and she made her daughter buy it for her (daughter, OP) and her son to eat. The OP pays her own bills, The mother shouldn’t eat food for her grandbaby. any caring grandmother would want their grandbaby to have enough to eat. the mother is stealing from her grandchild, and all of you are saying thats ok? Hell no. The OP spent her own money to buy food for her child not her mother. The OP worked hard for the money to buy the food for her son and herself. If the grandma want to get the food bought by the OP, she needs to hand over some grocery money so the OP can buy food for all three.

11 Likes

Really, this Mother is teaching her daughter a solid life lesson apparently that she didn’t learn yet. #BreakBread especially with your Mama :expressionless:

3 Likes

Feed her like she feed you.

2 Likes

who steals food from a child lock it up

5 Likes

I understand she’s her mother, but maybe the op can not afford to buy extra food. People commenting like buying more shopping is nothing but not everybody has loads of money. The op pays bills too so maybe she spends her last on food for her and her child.

4 Likes

Why do you live with your mom?

Time to be grown and move on out. Maybe she’s trying to run you off by eating your food. When has she had privacy?

2 Likes

It was her mother’s decision to have her. So she should have to feed and care for her. The daughter has a right to be mad if she is paying bills and providing her son’s and her way.

2 Likes

Get a lock on your closet and put dry food locked away I went through the same thing I had to lock what I could up

4 Likes

This cant be real…someone put this on here just to start an argument!

1 Like

Everyone saying it’s your momma obviously have never struggled with a toxic mom or been so poor you have no choice but to live at home.

When you only have enough food to feed you and your child and someone else eats it, it could mean you miss a meal.

To the poster, my advice is keep your food in either a locked cabinet or your room.

Treat your mom to what you can afford.

8 Likes

Move out of your mothers home. Problem solved

3 Likes

What’s pay my way mean ???
You pay rent ?
Why not cook and all share as a family?
What are Mum’s circumstances financially?
There are lots of questions

3 Likes

Dam this is petty shit u mom bought u clothes and shoes feed ur ass put a roof over u head heat water shit paper to wipe ur ass with and so on grow the Fuck up and get out u should not be living at home any dam ways U should be a shame of ur self. For posting this shit

Idk but that is your mother and you are living at HER house…
im sure she did many things for u as a child…at one point in your life she provided for you…i would just buy more thats replacable a mother isn’t. I’d enjoy her that’s what id do.

1 Like

You could
Move
And then you won’t have to worry

3 Likes

I would puke if I ate something that I thought my Momma wanted.

1 Like

Buy your own mini refrigerator and put it your room. Problem solved.

3 Likes

I think there is more to the story here. Do you not eat her food. I would love to have my mom back. She could eat all my bread. If you don’t like it like. You could move out

1 Like

I’m the older mom and I used to live with my oldest daughter and grandson and hunny just out of pure love and respect I would never expect my daughter to carry me (unless unavoidable and not for long and reciprocated when better). the thought of eating my grandson’s breakfast makes me feel ill and ESPECIALLY if you specifically asked. I’m sorry but that sounds to me like a complete lack of respect for you but worse for her grandchild which I can’t fathom. Please move…I know it’s so hard to do, I’m looking to break away from a disrespectful place too but saving the $ needed is tough as hell. Good luck hun. You can pm me if you want to talk about it from a grandma’s view.

5 Likes

If she saying she have to buy her own then obviously her mom making her pay. So why is it ok to eat their food. No it’s not and mom should know better

3 Likes

Do you pay rent? If it were me, I’d just buy an extra loaf. There must be a reason. I miss my mother so much, I’d do anything in the world to have her back. Is there more than bread involved? Maybe the next time you shop, ask if she’d like you to get her a loaf. The other thing is that maybe she feels it would be a waste to get a whole loaf for 1 person.

1 Like

Maybe her grocery money is not enough? Ask her how you could help her so you can manage your groceries too. Tell your mom that you would like to know if she needs help with the groceries so that you can buy enough for everyone.

My advice is if you don’t like it move out!! If you are paying your way,buying your own groceries etc then you can take the time to find a place of your own! I sure wish My mom was still alive to complain about her eating your food is craziness! How many years of your life did she make sure you had food in your belly?!?

6 Likes

Is this for real? It’s a loaf of bread. She’s giving you a roof over your head. But an extra loaf for $2.50 and be grateful.

4 Likes

Your mother is narcisstic. Study and set your boundaries for your sons sake and also for yours. Feels​:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::heart_eyes::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Selfishness is selfishness. Greed is greed.

what did you do when you were growing up? what are you paying into the expends besides buying food?

How do you pay your way? Do you pay half the rent?
If you don’t pay half the rent and utilities, then I have NO sympathy for you. Move out.

3 Likes

Move out and get place for just yourself and son then nobody will be eating your food .but just remember you only have 1 mother .try to make the move a pleasant one

1 Like

Wow…your a fucking brat get the hell out of her house if you pay your own way

It’s bread…how many years has she supported you? It’s petty to get upset over something so ridiculous.

6 Likes

So you’re complaining that the woman that carried you for 9 months, birthed you and let’s you and YOUR child live with you… is eating your bread. Don’t be an ungrateful selfish brat over a loaf of bread. I hope my daughter is never like this

4 Likes

Pick your battles ! Really it’s bread :baguette_bread: do you really want to fight with your Mother over it .

3 Likes

You shouldn’t tell your mom you can’t the bread good grief she took care of you when you were little that’s so mean to tell your mom that just buy extra bread it’s only $1are cheaper come on now really you live in her house she’s your mom

3 Likes

She’s your MUM? So what if she eats your food ? You should be feeding her and caring for her same way she cared for you growing up. Can’t believe some of the questions I read on here.

4 Likes

Move out if you don’t like it. It’s bread… Just buy extra or leave

6 Likes

You sound totally ungrateful. She raised you for years and your gonna say she can’t have your food. And if you truly pay your part then go get your own place .

6 Likes

Buy a second loaf, or move out and get your own place … idc if you pay rent or not that’s your mother

3 Likes

Oh how I wish my sweet momma was here, I’d feed her 3 meals a day. She passed away 8 yrs ago tomorrow. I miss her every single day. The day WILL come when you will regret you even wrote this post for everyone to see, such selfishness. Grow up and find your own place. Your mom deserves better.

2 Likes

Really ? ur going 2 complain cuz ur MOM eats the food don’t say anything to her & buy more each time.Ur living in her house w ur child…l just can’t bleve u got a prbm w UR mom eating UR stuff.that woman fed u & helped u ur whole life & sounds like now helping again & u don’t want her to eat ur…food? GTFO .ugh.ldk.I agree w Paulette. Selfish

3 Likes

Obviously done of you have never struggled, my kid will always have food even if my moma don’t. My kid comes first!! If she’s already suggested they can buy groceries together if she pitched in and she won’t pitch in, then whatever she buys her child…should be for her child. My mom wouldn’t even consider taking things I buy for my kids, I’m glad she’s not selfish :woman_shrugging:t2: and on top of that if she goes to bed thinking her kid has the breakfast SHE bought just to find out that Grandma ate it all, then her kid has no breakfast and that’s fucked up. It’s lack of respect. I’d buy a small cabinet and mini fridge to lock in my room​:two_hearts:*And side note, not everyones moma raises them, feeds them ect. My moma never did, and we are on good enough terms now to live together if needed but she’d still respect me bc you never know everyones situation.

If someones hungry feed them and dont complain cause it could be you one day.
If its so much of a struggle then use a food drive. They’re all over and are there for a reason. Swallow some of that selfish pride and FEED YOUR MOTHER!

My Mother is a single mom and I am a teenage daughter who eats probably more than I should— My grandmother stays here months at a time and eats our food provided, and money isn’t an abundance, but thats not an issue because she is the reason we are here.

2 Likes

Move out for God sake, …sorry it might be difficult but don’t buy any shopping and see what she does. In fact might a good idea if you buy a small fridge and put it in your room with your shopping . Then a lock on your bedroom door

Put the food in your room or get a mini fridge and put it somewhere else if you’re already paying your own way and paying for groceries I understand why you’re upset as a single mother it’s really hard to afford to feed my son and if someone else was eating a lot of the food that was meant for him I wouldn’t be happy either try and let her know that you guys need to eat too

2 Likes

Listen my moms a complete disaster toxic drug addict of a human being…she only ever comes around when she needs something. When she doesnt have gas, her cars broke, doesnt have money for a hotel(shes homeless btw, and she wouldnt be if she wasn’t on drugs).
Im 8 weeks pregnant and i gave my mother the opportunity to get her shit together and stay here so id have help because i have a 2 and 3 year old as well. She chose to leave and go chase drugs and the newest piece of dick she could hop onto.
So tbh, if your moms anything like mine. I can understand why youd be frustrated with this.
Id just hide it or speak to her about it again and say youll do her shopping for her and get what she wants if she gives you the money for it.
But despite everything with my mom, the times my mom has stayed clean for a few days and stayed at my house to shower and eat etc, ive fed her, shes my mom.
But shes never ate the last of my food knowing i have kids either… examine the full situation because obviously none of us know what problems yall have, how yalls finances are set up etc, and move from there but remember she’s not going to live forever. As long as its not an intentional, being greedy type of thing, i wouldnt stress it too much.

Honestly no one know her situation or her childhood to assume her mom raised her up… believe it or not some parents aren’t good ones even years later when they try to make up their mistakes .
So I say this… it is just food… you can always get more… or hoard it in your room that what I did when I had roommates… I bought a little fridge to keep in my room

4 Likes

Oh wow… I can’t even…

2 Likes

I’d say don’t cry over spilt milk but it’s bread. :rofl:🤷

Sharing is caring :heart:

Gurl! She’s your MOM. She raised you without asking you for money. She had to feed you for many many years. Why are you buggin’ your mom for food money and complaining she eating. Be grateful that your moms here in this earth.

1 Like

I totally get your frustration. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad about being upset. I have to get groceries for myself and my son with food stamps and then live in a house with 4 other people who are constantly eating his food and mine. And when all that foods gone? Guess who goes hungry? Me. Because I have to stretch whatever I can for him.

1 Like

Reduce the amount of rent you are paying her and use that money to cover her portion of the grocery bill.

2 Likes

I guess you’ll need to provide groceries for your mom too until you move out. Look at buy one get one free sales. Buy store brand or value brand. Putting your name on groceries isn’t going to work either, because she’s not going to change . But you can change and make it work until you can get out.

1 Like

Go buy an extra loaf of bread.

1 Like

I wishes my momma was still here I would give her all the food I have just to see her and hear her voice again.

3 Likes

Okay so everyone is entitled to there opinion but you dont know if shes saving for a place, which is hard by the way if shes on her own with her son. Shes asked her mum to not eat the food because it’s for her son if it was just hers she probably wont care it’s the fact it’s her childs food. And also shes paying money to her mum for living there. It’s not as easy to go out and find somewhere to live now, if she is looking to private rent that’s costs alot and if shes on the waiting list for council that takes ages because if someone is a higher priority than you they offer places to that person first. Yes her mum raised her and gave her food growing up that was her job as a parent the poster has already said the bread is for her son

6 Likes

You and your son are living at your mothers and you have the audacity to complain??? Move out and get your own place!

5 Likes

Did y’all really not read! She’s paying her way and has to buy her and her son THEIR own food. I would be pissed if I was informed I had to buy MY OWN FOOD and someone else was eating it.

8 Likes

Your sad !! Idc what the reason is you’re crying over bread !!living with your mom saves you a lot of money compared to living on your own smh :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Move out for crying out loud!

1 Like

You have every right to be pissed. Your mother is giving you and your son no respect. If you can ignore it to keep the peace and move out as soon as your able. You don’t have to tolerate shitty behavior from ANYONE.

How much extra a month would it be if you bought extra groceries to bring home to your mom’s?$10,20…100? Why not give back a little? You live with her, she doesn’t live with you. I’m sure she probably watches your son sometimes, but you probably think he watches himself, so of course you don’t owe her anything. Just be thankful for the help and learn to give back. Teach your son to be grateful or move out and teach him to be independent… either way, know that he is watching and learning.

1 Like

No one knows her situation. Those who are saying “she raised you, it’s just food” we have no clue if she in fact did. I would say put your food away. It is nice she is letting you and your child stay there but if you have to purchase your own food, then I’d say put it away where she can’t get it without asking. It’s not cool to eat your grandkids food anyway. Maybe ask her if you can buy her a loaf of bread for herself to help out. Best of luck mama

5 Likes

Move out and pay your way in your own place.

3 Likes

I guess I feel no matter what,my momma raised me all my life and went without just so I could have more…I would give anything to hear my mommas voice just once asking for a piece of bread…just my opinion as my momma and I have never lived apart because she was in a wheelchair since before I was born and daddy died when I was 14…sometimes in life we need to look at the bigger picture…can you possibly take some of the rent money if you pay it and purchase food for all? Simply keep your belongings in your room if this is something that really bothers you…

Honor your mother. There many things she has done to see you become a mom too. Food n material are nothing compared to the life she brought up for. You get only 1 mom.

3 Likes

My advice is for you to move out. Get your own place, pay full bills, full rent, buy all the food you want, and you won’t have to worry about your mom eating your food.

4 Likes

Your mother clothed and fed you growing up . A $3 loaf of bread is nothing compared to her going without for you to have things you needed when she was raising you. If you dont like it get a better job and get you a cheap apt where you dont have to worry about it. You are living under her roof you moved in with her and she allowed it think about where you would be without her. I do put my sons snacks away when i have guests bc i buy them for the month. But if you come into my home hungry I am going to feed you. But the difference is I have my own home if I let someone move in with me and they started complaining that I used there bread to make me a sandwich they would be out so fast idc if they were paying rent. You are a guest In HER home. Get your own home and stop complaining.

2 Likes

If its for my child i wouldn’t even eat it …that’s kinda rude if its the kids stuff then nobody should touch it but the kid

4 Likes

My advice is: If you’ve respectfully asked her to stop and she refuses, get a separate small fridge and a tote for dried goods, then keep the food locked in your room…if she watches your LO while you work, get/ration his food out for the day before you leave for work.

1 Like

Y’all are some hags. :rofl: Seriously.

4 Likes

You are being selfish if she is letting you stay and you don’t pay rent the least u can do is buy groceries for the house

1 Like