My mom keeps flaking out on babysitting my kids: Advice?

Hi, can you please post anonymously? I don’t know what to do anymore. I suffer from PPD and anxiety, so a little inconvenience is enough to have me freaking out. So 2/3 of my kids ended up with COVID, so I had to take off for work; when I was finally able to return, it was Monday. So my mother is my babysitter since my sister works early in the morning and my brother works he before I go to work. My kids are 9,6, and 5months. So on Monday, I called and texted my mom to a reminder that I return to work; she waits until 30mins before I had to be at work to tell me that she had other things to do and couldn’t watch them until later on that day. Mind you, my sister is constantly at her bd’s house with her kids, which meant that I would’ve had to leave my kids at home alone. So I had to call off, and she did the same thing the next day. Now today, I called to let her know that I couldn’t call off anymore and asked if she can watch the kids today; she goes off and tells me that her boyfriend has an appointment from 2 pm-6:30 pm with a bunch of different doctors and if he had anything else to do afterward that she would come later on at night. Again meaning that my kids would be left alone until she either decided to come over or until 1 am when my brother gets out of work. I literally have no one else to watch my kids since my family is spread all over, and none of them lives close by. Am I wrong for being upset and wanting to move away from her to keep my kids away? I’m barely making it as it is, so finding a daycare would be difficult since it’s three kids, and one is still in diapers. Plus, I’ve had bad experiences with daycares with them stealing my kid’s stuff such as clothes, toys and diapers and wipes that I would provide, and the one teacher had tried to hit my daughter, if it wasn’t for the owner forgetting her phone in the office, she wouldn’t have witnessed it.

40 Likes

Your not wrong… you always have to do what’s best for you and your babies. I have serve anxiety and depression i moved hours away from all my family it’s not easy but you can do it !!! #mommypower. Contact your local social services see how they can help with childcare i never put my daughter in daycare before she’s been in her daycare for a year and she loves it. (Daycare scares me as well) but they helped me find a great one… See if you can get any assistance from them to get you started work from home jobs are amazing with having kids!! Even though she goes to school i work from home it’s much easier to get things done when you already home lol… Once you away from toxic things you will so much better and your babies will feel it too. You got this !!!

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My mom keeps flaking out on babysitting my kids: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Stop expecting your family to take care of your kids when they clearly don’t want to. Problem solved. :woman_shrugging:

Look for a babysitter online. They have background checks. Don’t keep your kids from your mom because she can’t watch them. She already raised hers. It may be hard for her to take care of them and enjoy the time.

10 Likes

Its not your mother’s responsibility to watch your kids, its out of kindness and love. Not to mention, she has a life as well. If you struggle that much, get fixed and stop having kids🤷‍♀️

Was there a babysitting agreement in place?

Find a new babysitter don’t depend on your mother

6 Likes

See if you can qualify for assistance with the cost of childcare.

If she never verified and confirmed that she was gonna babysit them, don’t assume she will lol
Plan ahead and have a backup plan. Do you even pay your mom for babysitting? It’s 3 kids…
Find a sitter elsewhere imo …
Goodluck, I’m sure it’s definitely a struggle!!:heart:

4 Likes

All for a family however it’s why everyone has to be mindful family owes you nothing, so while it seems sad your mom won’t babysit your kids are not her responsibility you had them you should always be able to have a daycare and or sitter to take care of them. Something to plan for when planning a family and sure maybe your mom May have did it and or promised in past but now she has changed that so daycare or sitter if you want to work. Where is the father or the fathers family can they help? And most places have income based daycare and if your way over income based daycare services looks like you need to grab a daycare or sitter.

Just because shes ur mom doesnt mean she HAS to watch your kids im sure she wants to enjoy her time now that shes done raising her own kids, just let it be and use it as a sign that she doesnt want to babysit and find a new babysitter. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Id be pretty upset with my mom if she did the same to me. Get state help for daycare costs. It’s kind of a slippery slope really. She is your mom and their grandma but that doesn’t mean she has to watch your kids. I know that’s harsh but it’s the reality of it. You’re going to have to find an alternative or a job that better fits your families schedule so they are available to watch them. The hubby and I always worked opposite shifts so we never had to rely on anyone to watch our girls, for various reasons. Best of luck!! I’m sorry you’re having to deal with all the stress.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My mom keeps flaking out on babysitting my kids: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

I hired a nanny to watch my kids it’s expensive but we’ll worth it

Find a real babysitter :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Sorry if this is not the answer you want to hear but you are 100% wrong. That is not your mother or sister kids…. You have a 5 month old where is their father or the fathers family
You are mad at your mother and sister but never once said I’m mad at their father

29 Likes

Are you working remotely? If so, consider having someone come to your home to help out while you work. I had a hard time as well with daycares, flaky sitters, etc. I have a younger teenager babysitting for me now who has been freakin amazing and takes care of my son better than most adults.

Sorry girlie but it is not your mother’s responsibility to watch your children! She’s raised hers so hire a sitter that knows it’s their job and pay them to do just that

9 Likes

I’m a grandmother that watches my grandkids cause I don’t trust others other then family. With that being said your kids your responsibility its up to you to find someone you trust and can count on to watch your children. This is not the responsibility of your mother or any other family member. Sorry this isn’t what you wanted to hear but this is your responsibility.

Find a proper babysitter, your mom isn’t automatically voluntold to babysitter duty just because you had kids. Find someone who WANTS to look after your kids when you’re busy, instead of someone who’s flaky

9 Likes

Where is the father in all of this??

6 Likes

Sounds like you are in a bad spot
If you can’t find or afford day care then the only choice would to be quit your job .
It’s not your family’s responsible to watch your children . And were they doing it for free ? Cause that’s you taking advantage of them .
I am a single parent and for me to work I had to have a sitter come into my house and watch my children . My parents live 20 minutes away but they had already raised their kids so it didn’t feel right to ask them
And my sister live 20 minutes in the other direction but they both work . So that’s what I had to do .
If that’s not a option for you then you may need to find other employment or become a stay at home mom and earn money from selling Avon or Norwex or something .
I don’t think moving would be a good choice . Moving is expensive. And would you be moving to be closer to your job and child care or would you be moving to punish your family ?

First of all it’s not your mothers & sister & brother responsibility to watch your kids. That’s on you to find the proper care. Don’t depend on your family as they also have there life’s to live. So since you have a 3 kids and the youngest is 5 months old where is the father? Try to get help from his family? You can always get subsidy for your kids daycare.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, you can’t make anyone babysit. Have to look into something more reliable. I get what you’re going through. My mom helps watch my son, but when she can’t do it, she can’t do it. It sounds like your mom doesn’t want to do it, and she should just tell you that. I know people keep asking “where’s the father”, but I’m gonna assume maybe not around? No help there? The babysitting struggle is real.

I’m baffled as to why you expect your family to look after your children. Yes many families support, and it sounds like your have done so beyond the call of duty, but it’s not their responsibility. I suggest you thank them for all they have done rather than feel entitled, and find another solution that involves the father(s) and/or childcare with any available financial support you can get.
I know it’s not easy in this country for single mothers but you chose to have three children, your family didn’t.

10 Likes

It’s 2021. You don’t have to put up with toxic people anymore, including your mother. She isn’t reliable or trustworthy and she obviously doesn’t value you or her grandkids. Enroll your kids in daycare. Don’t be ashamed to get government assistance either. Lots of people need help with daycare expenses.

7 Likes

I have to agree with everyone else. Unfortunately, they’re your kids so it’s not your family’s responsibility to be your babysitter. Do i think they should help you out especially when promised? Absolutely. But if your mom is proving to a flake then you have to come up with something else. Babysitting needs to be a her convenience, not yours.

7 Likes

You waited til 30 minutes before you were due in work to tell her you were going work?
Maybe you’re expecting too much of your mum.
You actually sound quite entitled.
What’s the fact your sister is out got to do woth your mum not having your kids.

4 Likes

My mom babysits once every two years 💁🏻

Yes keep procreating and expect others to take responsibility of them

7 Likes

First of all, your kids are too young to stay home alone. Please don’t do that. Even if they are sleeping. Your family members aren’t responsible for your children’s needs and daycare. To answer your question, yes you are wrong to be upset and want to keep your kids away. It sounds like she’s setting boundaries with you and you’re upset by it.

Am I reading correctly that there are three adult children and some grandchildren still living at their mothers house? Bless her heart!!!

11 Likes

Since when did grandparents become automatic babysitters? Sounds to me like you didn’t plan out being a parent very well.

15 Likes

You can probably get government assistance for child care. Mom already raised her kids.

8 Likes

You shouldn’t expect your mother, sister, nor brother to babysit. If it was an agreed upon arrangement ahead of time, that’s one thing. I also don’t understand if you just called your mother up on the day you expected her to watch your kids, expecting her to just drop everything and watch them, just because she’s their grandmother. That said, it was wrong of her to cancel at the last second, if she did indeed agree to watch them ahead of time. I know you said you had bad experiences with daycare in the past, and it’s expensive, etc. Work with your local daycare voucher agencies. They may provide you with vouchers for your kids to go to daycare, and give you a list of eligible providers. I tend to lean towards centers because there are more eyes/people working, at centers. And more of a chance that the 3 kids can be kept together. It may be harder to find a private daycare to take all 3 kids. Anyway, there are programs out there for free or reduced diapers. Google ‘free or reduced diaper programs in my area.’ I don’t know what you do for a living, but perhaps consider going to a trade school to learn a trade, like becoming an R.N. You can check out other career paths as well. Scholarships, and loans, may be available to you Also, maybe you can get on Section 8, or move in with your mother, for a few years while you make some positive changes. Put in the hard work now, and it will pay off in the future. I wish you luck.

Do you have room for a live in Nanny to help take care of the kids? There may be a low income women whose children are grown that would like such an arrangement. Living accommodations could be part of her pay. I hope you find a reliable helper for your kids

5 Likes

not all day cares are the same, you may be able to find a teenager or college student that wouldnt charge to much to keep them in your home, also you need to plan at least several days ahead, if you can, no father is mentioned, perhaps if there is one he can assist you in some way with care.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate and very stressful. It’s no wonder you have anxiety…possibly since childhood. It seems your mother doesn’t want to watch your children. No it is not her responsibility BUT she is being very immature and irresponsible about not telling you upfront that she doesn’t want to babysit. You should look for a babysitter and move on and move forward for your children.

7 Likes

You need to find a suitable daycare or private babysitter. As frustrating and disappointing as it might be, your mom is not obligated to watch your children.

6 Likes

Check with your state for childcare assistance programs, I know daycares aren’t always the most desirable route but the reliability is there and in that sense is ultimately what you need right now until a more desirable plan can be made. It’s tough I understand. Best of luck.

That’s very stressful, find a home daycare or a daycare facility so you don’t have those issues.

1 Like

Hire a babysitter! Family is not responsible for watching your children :roll_eyes::unamused::confused:

5 Likes

Your kids not your mothers…you sound entitled. Hire a daycare and pay like everyone else

4 Likes

Where are the kid’s father at in this whole family scenario? You and the dad(s), if he/they are around are the ones that are responsible for your kids. Grandparents, aunts, and uncles are not babysitters.

6 Likes

I have 4 kids and never expected anyone to watch my kids for me.
Mom might be exhausted and just tired of caring for small kids. You also sound kinda entitled and bratty. Maybe she felt that energy too and didn’t want any part of it🤷🏻‍♀️

Important question…do you pay your mom to watch your kids? If not, then I personally could not rely on her as a babysitter.

I will gladly pay a sitter over fighting with family or expecting things out of them. I’m the type of person that loves kids and I will watch kids pretty much whenever anyone asks me. But I never rely on my family to do the same for me because not everyone is like me.

I appreciate it when my family members do watch my kid but I always have a backup. I never consistently rely on a free babysitter.

Did you say 2/3 of your kids have covid? And you fixed your lips up to ask your aging mother to babysit for you? Girl bye. You can get assistance with childcare and if you ask them for a listing they will give you a list of certified daycares. Stop relying on family. It’s not their job to raise your kids. It’s a privilege when they do step up. Not to be insensitive but where’s the father?

4 Likes

They are your kids! It’s not up to your mum or anyone else to look after them, yes its nice when parents help out but they are not obliged to do so. You had kids so you need to sort out their daycare. Your going to move away and keep your kids away from their nan just because she won’t be your free childcare that’s disgusting

You need to get someone in…

STOP HAVING KIDS until you can actually take care of them. It is no one else’s responsibility to watch them. If your mom helps you out, GREAT, but you need to find permanent care for YOUR kids. An in home sitter or do some research and find a reputable daycare. There are so many programs out there that help you with daycare fees. You have excuse after excuse. You sound lazy and irresponsible—let’s not forget the birth control pills or IUD appointment. Your mama doesn’t need another grand baby to look after.

3 Likes

It’s ridiculous that you would want to move away from her to keep them away from her because she won’t watch YOUR kids. Grow up and take responsibility for your own kids , the rest of us do , so can you.

Maybe she is afraid because everyone is recovering from covid?

5 Likes

It’s not her job to watch your kids. However if you are paying her and she had agreed to watch them then it is wrong of her to flake on you at the last minute. Get state assistance for child care and take care of your own kids.

11 Likes

Find another sitter. Grandparents don’t HAVE to babysit.

15 Likes

I think it would be mean to move away and keep your children away from her. She doesn’t have to be your babysitter. You’ll just need to try and find another solution I think. Sure it would of been nice and helpful if her if she could of done that for you, but she shouldn’t be expected to do it. She’s allowed to have plans and a life too. I’m sorry you are having a hard time and I really hope you find something that works out :sparkling_heart: xx

3 Likes

You might have to suck it up and put your kids back in daycare. You can get child care assistance though the state. Depending on your income, you might have to pay a portion of it.

3 Likes

It’s not her job to watch your kids. I’m sorry and I don’t wanna come off as harsh. I left my kids dad with 3 kids and my mom watched them a few days a week until I got on my feet. Found a private daycare. I started my own business and now my kids go to daycare full time. I get no help. You have to bust your ass and want better. Those are your kids. You can get government help. There are woke them of good daycares out there sometimes it just takes time to find a good one that works for you and your kids. You taking the kids away from your mom and not letting her see them will do nothing but hurt your kids in the end. Don’t be immature and selfish. You had those kids you gotta do what’s best for them

I’m so sorry you’ve had bad day care experiences. Sometimes the town/county has a list of in-home day care providers who have passed a certification. Or look on Care.com for nannies and always ask for references and talk to them.

Is there more than one provider in your area? If your brother or sister start their jobs earlier and get off earlier, maybe they could pick up your kids if that would save you money or stress.

Clearly your mom is unreliable and has other priorities. And frankly, three kids, one of whom is an infant, is a lot to handle for one person, especially someone older. Maybe just ask her to watch at night when the kids will be going to bed so you can get a night out, or even have her watch the kids while you’re home so you can get stuff done.

Join local moms groups in person and online so you can share info and have backups to help on tough days.

Look for a stay at home mom that takes care of kids. The county you live in likely has a daycare/stay at home mom sitter page on Facebook you can find. I found one for my kids and pay $50/day for 2 toddlers and sometimes my 8 year old. Or otherwise, quit your job, apply for county assistance and daycare, they will put you at the top of the list if you are unemployed and then find a daycare or licensed in home care and go back to work. I used to rely on my mom also before I was married and it just never worked out well in my favor.

2 Likes

Sorry but you sound kinda like an entitled brat. You just expect your mom to watch your kids with what seems like little notice. She also does not have to drop her plans or doctors appts just to take care of your kids. On top of your kids just recovering from COVID, I don’t blame her if she didn’t want to babysit them right away.

12 Likes

u are wrong for wqnting to keep ur kids from ur mom for that. tome tk find a daycare. if u cant afford it go thru the state. theres really no other option. unless u hire someone to babysit but the could flake on u to. daycares are the only thing that doesn cancle last minute :woman_shrugging:t2:

Maybe consider hiring a nanny to come into your home; it may be a more affordable option with 3 kids. Are you wrong to be upset at your mom - no. Should you “move away” or keep your kids away - sounds like an expression of your frustration and disappointment with your mothers decision not to babysit anymore. That doesn’t mean your children should lose out on their relationships and bonds with their grandmother, or that you should severe your relationship with your mother, if all of you have enjoyed and benefited from having those relationships in the past. I think you need to focus on finding alternative, reliable childcare, rather than childcare being the reason for their time with grandma.

Your mom is obviously not wanting to be your babysitter, so you need to make other arrangements. She should have been upfront about it, but keeping the kids away from her would be a spiteful thing to do.

2 Likes

You can’t use your kids to punish your Mom because YOU are mad at her. That’s not fair to your kids. It’s also not your Moms responsibility to make sure she can accommodate your schedule. She’s their grandmother, not your personal babysitter. So, to answer your question, yes, you are in the wrong.

5 Likes

She’s not obligated to babysit for you.
Your sister and brother aren’t either.

Other stuff comes up. Things that have to happen things that need to be done.
You can’t text/call day before and day of and then get pissy that other plans had been made.
And the undertone of anger at your sister for spending time with her kids and their dad…is just…wow.
Wanting to keep your kids from thier grandma because she’s not at your beck and call is just petty as hell.

I mean no disrespect but grow up a little bit. Stop just expecting people to do things for you instead of trying to help yourself.

9 Likes

Unfortunately you’re going to need to find other daycare/babysitter as she is not reliable. I wouldn’t keep children away from her for it but it means she will very much see them less as you will have to do what you have to do to make it. When I had my children in daycare I made sure to not let them bring anything with them because these kids trade everything a loss everything and just downright loss their stuff. When I had mine in daycare and I had 1 in diapers all I had to provide was diapers. 8 a day. I did the minimum as that was expected. And I hate them using my diapers I buy on other children when they got spare diapers (just not enough for every child everyday but if they run out). There probably is even a program to help you pay. I had to get daycare assistance through my state. I’m hoping you didn’t just expect her to babysit without knowing her plans. That maybe why she’s doing this to you. It’s a dick move but so is assuming she’s going to babysit without knowing her plans. Honestly, it was a mistake to let my now ex mil babysit my children. If you move away it should be to better your situation, not because you’re angry/upset your family isn’t babysitting your children. I dont have anyone to watch my children. My dad’s family practically disowned me after my dad died when I was 11. My mom has very few family herself and she has had dementia for about 10 years now. So I have literally no one. So I had to do daycare and yes it sucks but you gotta figure out how to make it work. Honestly it upset me more that my baby was getting bit a million times a day and there was no injury report and I’d find a ton of horrible bites on her everyday. I got a cop out saying they don’t have to make a report for bites because kids bite. Well, I have now had 7 babies and they’ve never had a bitting problem. And you shouldn’t be letting them bit other kids so dang hard they’re drawing blood. That is what makes me angry about daycare. I can care less about my missing diapers. I was told not to being wipes.

1 Like

Pay a babysitter. Problem solved

7 Likes

It isn’t her responsibility to have to watch them. But if she agreed to she should. Since it seems she doesn’t want to. She should say that she doesn’t. Not everyone has the energy to watch young kids. Not sure what state you are in. But there was part of the covid relief that helps with childcare(at least in NY). Experiences will vary but you gotta try something.

4 Likes

Sounds like mom has a reason as to why she doesn’t want to watch them considering she’s making excuses.
Maybe speak with her about it.
But just being honest here, no one is entitled to watch your children.
Your kids, your responsibility. Figure something else out.
I’ve had to do this a few times because daycare was not an option for me and I had no help.
I even lost amazing jobs due to this. Oh well. Life goes on.
But again, your kids, your responsibility.
I have family close by and I have never used them as a sitter. They go for a night or a day very rarely but never do I expect them to babysit my kids. They have lives too.

2 Likes

And yes, you are wrong for wanting to keep her away. That is your children’s family too. Not much different than keeping your child from their father because he “upset you”. It hurts your children too!
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Do you know how entitled and disrespectful you sound right now to your mother. She gave birth to you and raised you, that’s her only job. Its not to babysit your kids. She’s not the one who gave birth to your kids? Its not her job, its your job to take care of them. Not hers! WTF. If you have work, hire a babysitter, get day care. She is your mother, she should be retired and living the good life. She is not a damm babysitter.

10 Likes

Not your moms issue! She already raised her own kids and doesn’t need to be raising yours either! Neither do your siblings! But by being spiteful and keeping them away from family, is absolutely wrong if it’s only because she doesn’t want to have to babysit them! Contact your state office in your area and ask for different programs, that are created to help single mothers with things like daycare

6 Likes

Next time your mom wants to see the kids tell her you’re busy. Also find a reliable sitter to come to your home and set up cameras to help with your anxiety. I’m not saying keep the kids away from her forever but she clearly doesn’t want to watch them even if she agreed to. I’d be ticked off as well since she wants to keep saying she’s busy you’ll be busy with your kids and work when u get a reliable sitter. You need to do what’s best for your kids and you

1 Like

3 kids is too much to expect someone to do for free. She has a life too and no offense but she’s already raised her kids. I think its super rude that you just expect her to do it

10 Likes

I would look for a babysitter or a daycare. I know you said you don’t like daycares but your mom isn’t reliable and it isn’t her responsibility to watch them. Yes if she agreed to it she shouldn’t back out last min but obviously she cant be relied on so you need to find an alternative.

Although she isnt obligated to watch them, she did agree to it. If she doesn’t want to then she should continue to until you find someone else

1 Like

she raised her kids, now you raise yours​:woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging::roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Not much you can really do if you dont want to put your children in daycare.Maybe quit your job until your kids are in full time school & try & find a work from home job for the time being?

1 Like

Better find a daycare or an at home job.

I’d recommend finding a decent young understanding person to baby sit
Get to know this person and make sure they are capable of watching your children
May have to pay them a little but it would be cheaper then daycare / or being afraid of someone who hits children

To be perfectly honest, you need to find a babysitter that isn’t your mother. She’s your mom not your sitter. Yes I know it’s hard but it’s also hard on your mother. If she is a babysitter full time, she can’t & won’t enjoy spending time with her grandkids. And you wanting to move & keep them away from her is very selfish on your part. Who does it really hurt in the long run?

4 Likes

I don’t necessarily think that it’s her expecting her mom to do it but it’s her mom leading her on…and then, at the last minute changing her mind.

If she doesn’t want to watch them, she needs to just say that.

6 Likes

I can’t stand the comments that say the grandma raised her kids and now the OP should raise hers. Babysitting is NOT raising a child… or else every working parent who has a babysitter or nanny or day cafe wouldn’t be “raising” their own children. How elitist is that kind of attitude? If it were a babysitter or daycare that was being unreliable than any sane person would fire that person. Obviously this isn’t a situation that is going to work out, so time to find another option. I know how hard it can be, I have zero help with my three children from my family as much as it would help. And it’s a struggle, we’ve hAd to go through multiple different sitters because of unreliability. I hope you can find some actual help :heart:

2 Likes

It’s not her responsibility to watch YOUR kids. Sounds like you need to plan better and stop expecting people to do things for you .

Find a daycare, find a sitter, there is tons of options if you stop with the excuses

3 Likes

No one is obligated to watch your kids. They are your kids not your mother’s. You sound like a spoiled, immature, entitled brat. Your mother raised her kids, now is her time. Either put your kids in daycare or hire a nanny but you might need to ditch the attitude.

2 Likes

They are your kids. If your mother is unreliable, it is your responsibility to find new childcare. Nobody owes you anything. If you are struggling then you can get babysitter assistance. There are lots of resources. I wouldn’t suggest leaving kids that young home alone…

6 Likes

Imagine having multiple kids just to wanna palm them off to someone constantly lmao

Let it go. It’s not ur mom’s responsibility. It’s yours. Find a reasonable day care. Some even have cameras that u can view through certain apps or on their website. Your mom had her share of kids. Let her live her life. And she needs to make that clear not give u the run around.

3 Likes

Be an adult and find more stability for your children. Its been proven your mother isnt reliable. So get some assistance for childcare, or work from home.

3 Likes

Social services always provides child care. Try that and for Gods sakes dont listen to the negative comments from these people.

2 Likes

You can be upset, but your mother is in no way shape or form ~required~ to watch your kids for you. Did you even ask her if she can/will/wants to watch them anymore after they were sick or did you just message her telling her she’s taking them for you to go back to work?
Look into different daycares and apply for assistance with it. Or look into websites for sitters to find one. Your mother isn’t the “only one that can watch them” she’s the only one you give them to cause you done wanna look into daycares or find a sitter that you have to pay.

2 Likes

Simple: dont have moms or bylaws babysitters. Your setting yourself up… be wise…Find a reliable person…

1 Like

Did your mom tell you she would be your full time babysitter or do you just expect it? Either way it sounds like its time to make other arrangements.

3 Likes

So call baby daddy people your children are not your mother responsible

1 Like

Stop asking. Find a mom to switch shifts with.

All these negative Nancy’s on here🙄
Grandparents use to watch and spend time with their grands. This generation of Grandparents aren’t real Grandparents anymore. Not a lot of them anyway. My grandparents would always watch us so my parents could work or go for date nights or let us stay with them or raise us while the parents worked. Hell my Grandparents would take us out of town to festivals and do things with us. So maybe the person who posted this had Grandparents like that and thought that’s what Grandparents do. But anyways, I been in that situation once before and bd was out of town. We had to start using daycares.

8 Likes

No you’re not wrong. I would be hurt too. I could ask anyone in my family to watch my daughter with no hesitations. My mom and dad and inlaws would drop whatever they are doing if I needed a sitter. Sorry you don’t have the same kind of support. I personally cant wait to be a grandma and help raise my grand babies

4 Likes

While your mother is in no way obligated to watch your kids she is obligated to keep her word, so if she says she going to do something she should damned well do it.

I know family is supposed to help each other but your mother, sister and brother have lives to. They cant just cater to you every day. Where is the kids daddy/daddy’s? His/their family? Get child support and government will help with daycare. If your grown enough to know how to make them then your grown enough to have to take care of them and stop making excuses.

2 Likes