My mom keeps flaking out on babysitting my kids: Advice?

Time to pull up those big girl panties and do what needs to be done for the sake of your children. Wheres the father? Work different shifts then one of you are always there. Its not Grandparents responsibilty to cater to you and babysit for free. State should help with daycare costs call them.

30 Likes

Well I’m really sorry for what you are going thru…I am a grandmother that prefers to watch her grandchildren so they dont have to go to daycare…I make my plans around my babies…I hope you can some how get this worked out. Again I’m sorry

4 Likes

I feel for this mom if she has already called to remind and ask canceling 30 minutes before is not right. You can’t make a father pay for daycare child support or help take care of his kids. Us as moms get stuck with that. With Covid having gone on so long a lot of states are out of funds to help the working mom who is now struggling. Not everyone is equipped or privileged enough to watch my kids. After the experience she’s had with child care before I understand her apprehension. Child cares are also extremely under staffed right now.

You need to advertise for private in home daycare. Your parents raised their kids. They are not obligated to raise yours.

Get a more reliable sitter and if your mom asks why- TELL HER!!

Hmm… your kids your problem… cover thyne own ass… I am Glamma & child care for my 3 grandsons… I would never not show if I said I would can’t loose a job… however mom raised her kids get another option & excuses well smarten up!

Where are you located?