My mom poured a cold glass of water on my daughter when she was showering: Advice?

My mom just poured a cold glass of water on my daughter while she was in the shower she is ten years old she was crying and said it burned her skin she did it for no reason what so ever my mom has nowhere to go and has done nothing but cause problems with my daughter and then said she deserved it would it be wrong to kick my mom out ?? she has past drug problems and we let her move in hoping we could help her … sorry, don’t have much family and I see you post things like this and was hoping you could give me some advice thank you for your time !!

195 Likes

Toxic is toxic! She needs to go! :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

Have a talk with her. If she doesn’t like what you have to say then she needs to go for a while.

She sounds unstable to me

6 Likes

I would kick her out no one would be doing that to my kid

1 Like

Yeah, that’s not okay. What did your mom say about the incident?
My kid would come first in this situation. Mom would need to go.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: omg we Di this in my house. Relax. The water didn’t burn her. Just the change of temp seemed like it. Next time let her do it to your mom.

32 Likes

She’s got to go!! You’re your daughters protector. Protect her from that toxicity!

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re just looking for a reason to boot her.

6 Likes

If she is causing issues with your daughter the first time it happened she should have been gone! That is your daughter’s home grandmother or not she would be on the streets! And what did a ten year old do to deserve to get cold water poured on her?

6 Likes

If someone even thinks about hurting my kid idgaf who they are they are GONE. No debate. No time for an excuse. Nothing. If you’re sitting here debating what to do after something’s happened to your kid and you’re inferring that it’s happened before then you should consider finding a new guardian for your child where she will be safe and taken care of property and protected.

8 Likes

Kick her out and don’t feel bad about it. No telling what else she may do.

2 Likes

A child would do that to another child. But a grandma doing it is unnecessary.

6 Likes

Was she just trying to be funny? I know me and my husband have done that to each other but only as a joke. If your daughter was upset and it made her cry your mom should have apologized. But from the sounds of it, seems like she’s just being mean.

14 Likes

Get rid for you and your daughters sake

2 Likes

Make her leave! Stand your ground

1 Like

This is your mom others advice does not matter.

3 Likes

This was a prank. Calm down. :joy:

18 Likes

Kick her out. No family is better than creepy behavior like this.

3 Likes

Wow. Pour cold water on her whole shes sleeping, then serve her with an eviction notice when she wakes up. Why tf would a person do that to anyone let alone a kid???

10 Likes

Your children ALWAYS come first. Mom has got to go and once shes gone, change the locks on your doors. There is absolutely no reason she should’ve done this to your daughter…it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT YOUR DAUGHTER! PLEASE DO SOMETHING QUICKLY BEFORE SHE DOES SOMETHING WORSE!

35 Likes

She needs to stay out of the bathroom when your child is showering.

17 Likes

How did it burn her if it was cold water :thinking:

18 Likes

Sounds like she was just pranking her :woman_shrugging: not like it was boiling water. Have your daughter get payback

16 Likes

Talk to her, don’t make a big deal.

8 Likes

She needs to leave. That is a huge boundary violation for you and your daughter.

10 Likes

It’s your job to parent your child, not your mom.

5 Likes

Get her back. Ice water when shes sleeping nice and sound.
I bet you she doesnt expect yall to retaliate

5 Likes

Idk your situation but, my 14 yr old daughter takes hour showers. We live in town. So obviously we have HIGH water and sewer bills. Was she in the shower for a rediculous amount of time? Who’s paying the bill? Not picking, but there isn’t much info. Bc honestly, I pay the bills here and I would absolutely do something like that if my child refused to get out after being told and being in for too long.

4 Likes

you need to protect your daughter sad that you need to from her grandmother but your daughters health and well being needs to be your priority

2 Likes

Is she eligible for senior housing 55+? The state could help you find a place for her. Good luck.

1 Like

I actually did this to my 15 year old the other day… She knows mamma is a pranksta sometimes lol… Did she do it to be mean or just a prank?

10 Likes

No more. She needs to go.

2 Likes

Y is she living with u
Tell her 1 more thing she does 2 your daughter she is out on her ass

Why is she in the bathroom when she’s showering…kick her out

4 Likes

I am on the she got to go, your daughter doesn’t need a grown woman bullying her in her own home

9 Likes

Can your daughter lock the door while she showers so mom can’t do this again? Is something mentally going on with mom? Jealous for your attention?Are there other behaviors?

4 Likes

It’s ice water, not boiling water. My house just must work differently, my kids who are 7 and 4 even do this to me in the shower. We joke around A LOT thought Hahahah

13 Likes

Umm since your mom is causing harm and discomfort towards your child she has to go! You may love your mom but your children come first in any house hold

8 Likes

My dad and brother uses to prank us like this all the tims when we are little. Why is it a big deal? Do it back to her!

4 Likes

Tootles to your mum, that’s your daughters home… Mum got to go.

6 Likes

It sounds like from your post this hasn’t been the first incident, sit down with your mother and tell her if she does anything else to your daughter, she will be told to leave no questions asked!

2 Likes

Pour the biggest @$$ pitcher of ice water you can get all over her and see how she likes it as a joke. If she was not joking then I highly seriously suggest getting her away from your daughter ASAP.

6 Likes

I took my homeless alcoholic mom in even though i haven’t seen her in 10 yrs needles to say ended up kicking her out within a month she did nothing but steal from me and outta of are cars while we where asleep out of my kids piggy banks sometimes ppl can’t be helped family or not… you got your own family to worry about…

6 Likes

Give her ground rules
Give her a date that she needs to be gone

1 Like

Well I dumped a whole pot of ice water on my daughter while she was in the shower … and Snapchatted it. so I’m the wrong person to ask :joy::joy:

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: Oh my gosh how dramatic! Was it a joke? A cold glass of water wont hurt her. This is the most ridiculous reason I’ve ever heard to kick someone out. :joy::joy::joy: Sounds like grandma is a prankster to me. That’s hilarious. Side note, my child and I have BOTH done this to each other. :joy::joy::joy::joy: even funnier with ICE!!!

22 Likes

Who cares if she has no where to go.

She clearly doesn’t have a right to stay with you if she can’t act right.

3 Likes

That is extremely weird and makes no sense.

3 Likes

Kick her out if she continues to cause problems tell her atraight out shes out next time she causes anything

1 Like

You’re being extra…that water did not burn her. :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

I am sorry, but this seems like a no-brainer. CHILDREN COME FIRST!! As mothers it is our responsibility to protect and take care of them. Kick her out!!

7 Likes

Give her 30 days written noctice.

2 Likes

It was a joke! Jeez! Lighten up!

5 Likes

To me this is a prank lol scary how many people would kick their mom out over a prank lol

14 Likes

Sorry, but she needs to go. Your daughter’s physical and mental wellbeing is more important. I can remember my then-husband doing that to me in the shower, and I felt cornered and vulnerable. He certainly didn’t do it as a joke, filled up the glass, leant up, and poured it directly onto me while I was trying to get away in the corner of the shower . Your daughter deserves much better

11 Likes

Did it just pass over some of your guys’ head that her mom said it was because her daughter deserved it? Also does it not seem weird that a grown women is entering the bathroom while a 10 year is naked showering? Tell her out. If it had actually just been a prank most decent people would apologize after realizing they went to far. Plus there’s no reason for your mom to be in there while your 10 year old is showering

17 Likes

At 10 years old your daughter has the right to privacy in the bathroom. If grandma was not invited into the bathroom she needs to stay out. If grandma can’t respect that than she can leave.

13 Likes

Your daughter deserves to be and feel comfortable in HER home.

6 Likes

Try pouring on mom…I am not serious.Not funny but is not safe for your child to be around someone that is unstable…Your child needs to be your first priority.

3 Likes

The child dont deserve that i would not tolerate that

1 Like

Out of context it seems like a harmless prank, if you’re ready to kick her out my guess is there’s more going on.

1 Like

Throw her stuff on the lawn and change your locks :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

That is abuse. But I don’t understand how Cold water burnt your girls skin? Your mother needs to be told that this will not be tolerated but you also need to make sure your daughter wasn’t in some part responsible. Your mum may have had drug problems but you can not be responsible for her and she can not blame her problems with her bad behaviour.

9 Likes

Kick ur mom out if she is toxic to ur child!! Kids r killing themselves every day due to bullies and that’s what it sounds like. Ur toxic mom is bullying ur adolescent…save u kid!!

3 Likes

I’m sorry but all I can do is giggle cuz I used to throw cups of cold water on my brother when we lived together. It was one hell of a prank war and turn the water on cold when my boyfriend or son are in the shower :joy: I love pranks

6 Likes

The 3 of you need to sit down with each other and have a conversation. Work on your relationships… Don’t throw it away. Shouldn’t be disposable. Anything worth having is worth working on! Hugs.

4 Likes

Nope you mess with my kids you gotta go!

Cold water burned??? Whats she got in it acid?

2 Likes

I say lighten up!! She was probably just kidding around!!

3 Likes

Plus we all pull pranks.

2 Likes

Get the b!tch with a giant cold bucket … see how she likes it … throw ice cubes in it too

3 Likes

I’d kick her out. First of all she has no reason to be in the bathroom while your child is showering. Second, she was doing it to be a bitch. No way I would let someone in MY HOME be mean to my child. Nope, she’d have to go.

Depending if it were malicious or a joke. If it had been a joke, your mom needs to apologize since clearly that isnt something your daughter is used to. If it were of malicious intent, she needs to go. You need have a sit down talk with her expressing your feelings of it and and how you expect her to act in your household.

3 Likes

And how does cold water burn ?

2 Likes

You need to protect your child at all costs…

6 Likes

Have there been any other instances of your mom possibly mistreating her? If this isn’t the first time something has happened then I say yes, its time for her to go. However if it was the only time, sit her down and explain to her that both you and your child disapprove/dislike that behavior(especially from a grown woman towards a child) if it continues, then its definitely time for her to pack up and leave.:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Please learn what commas and periods are and when and how to use them.

3 Likes

I think it depends on her intentions? Yes, it made your daughter cry and be upset but is that what she intended to do? I’m actually confused by this post. Personally if someone was making my child feel uncomfortable in their own home yes I’d have them leave but is this the first time she has done something like this or is it a joke that went bad. She may try to bond with her in a way that wasn’t appropriate or was being mean. I dont understand fully🤷🏼‍♀️ I would be upset for my daughter but I would have a sit down talk as into why she did it in the first place.

2 Likes

OMG! We used to do that to each other! I’ve done it to my young kids and they have done it to me. W T F?
Cold water does not burn!!!

14 Likes

Kick her ass out. Shes a grown woman who made her own mistakes!!

Safety of child is first.shocking child in shower is a slip and fall risk.mentally its an abuse.

3 Likes

Get rid of mom… Look up the AJ Freund case in Crystal Lake IL… PLEASE don’t keep her around

We did this to each other all the time in the Marine Corps onboard ship. It’s just cold as heck, some would dump ice. Haha good ole times. not sure how it burned the kid.

6 Likes

what the hell is wrong with people? In no way shape or form would someone with the cognitive abilities of a grown woman ever entertain the thought of going into the bathroom a child that is NOT her own, is showering, for any reason other than a poop emergency, with notice to the child first. Much less pull an adolescent prank. This is something a 12 year old sister or brother MIGHT do, but even at that, there’s something “off”.

5 Likes

Can anyone read it said she told her granddaughter she deserved it I dont know who says that shit while doing a prank but to me she was just being a bitch. And why the fuck is the grandma in the bathroom at the same time with her granddaughter? My mom and everyone in my family knows you go into the bathroom with my child you are getting knocked out!

I suggest a gallon of ice water while mom Is sleeping or showering. That’ll learn her.

2 Likes

Why would she deserve it?
And hey at least it was just a 8 ounce glass if water…lol I poured a full pitcher of water with broken chunks of ice in it, on my husband… He lived…
Maybe your just reacting to it off your daughters response…
Is your mom doing drugs? Stealing from you? Coming in and out all night as she pleases? If not then I feel pour ing a glass of water on yiur daughter in the shower is a joke and doeant warrant kicking her out.

2 Likes

All you snowflakes hollering about toxicity and “Throw her out” need to get a grip! It’s called a prank! I’m sorry your lil girl was upset, but you need to realize this kinda stuff will always happen! Talk with your mom and let her know you are a part of the no fun crowd

10 Likes

My family used to do this to each other as a light-hearted prank. If that’s not welcome in your home, you need to set clear boundaries and if she can’t follow your rules then kick her out

13 Likes

Unless my child slipped and fell in the shower and is screaming for there life not a damn soul better be in the bathroom with my naked 10 year old.

NOPE.

Why is she in the bathroom with a naked child? Kick her ass out, doesn’t matter if it’s a prank or not. Inappropriate. If she is detrimental to you or your child, she has no place in your home. Why are you asking strangers? Get off social media and do your job!

This is a weird post.

10 Likes

I have done this to my kids, they have also done it to me 🤦 I’m not sure of the details between your mom and you but if it’s over this one instance I would have to say no don’t kick her out. Have your daughter do it to her 🤷

2 Likes

was she doing it as a prank??!! because growing up my family (siblings and adults) were always pranking each other

2 Likes

Sorry. I’m a grandmother. I would never do something like that to one of my grandchildren. No matter their age. She needs to find somewhere else to live if she’s causing problems with the child

8 Likes

Do you know what kind of drugs she’s on? Not saying she’s on meth but drugs like that affect the mind and cause people to do things that are not in touch with reality. I know you love your mom but you don’t want to come home and find out she did something to your daughter that would cause her demise. I wouldn’t her know since she’s staying with you and your supporting her anyway. That you will help her find an efficiency and help her until she gets in her feet. For her to do something like that if it’s not sue to her drug use it is a very childish and jealous tendency. With her being an adult she may still cause harm to your daughter. Sorry your going through this.

1 Like

You your mom and your daughter need to sit down and talk a out family rules. Make up a list and post the list on sevetal places on your house. If the 3 of yous can get along then ask your mom to find snothet place to live. I myself think ot was just a prank and you are smart enough to know that cold water did mot burn your 10year old how ever your 10 year old may have burnt your familey.

2 Likes

Cold water burning? Lmfao you know kids are dramatic. I’m sure it was uncomfortable though. Maybe your mom was playing a prank on her, I’m a fun person like that… not sure why she said she deserve it

2 Likes

Get her out of your house. She is not your responsibility. Your daughter is. And this is a great opportunity to show your daughter that she is important. I’d have shown her the door the instant that happened

3 Likes