My mom rips my child out of my hands and tells me I will spoil her: Thoughts?

You need to hold and live in your baby to bond. Shame on your mother!..

You baby is 2 weeks old! Hold them all you want! Tell your mom to step back. You are the parent now, and you will raise your baby how you see fit! You can never spoil a baby! All you can do is show them love, and you can never have enough of that!!

She needs to back off and let you take care of your child. Do not let this continue. She will break those boundaries. Babies can’t be spoiled. They need their mother!!

1 Like

Cuddle that baby momma not only is it beneficial for baby but for momma as well

1 Like

She wouldn’t do it but once. That baby needs to held close. Shame on her and tell her don’t do it again.

2 Likes

You need to hold and live on your baby to make that bond. Shame on your mother!..

1 Like

Your mom is crazy and toxic. Get away from her. She needs to mind her own business. Love love your child. Hugs, kisses, devotion, soft words, it’s all great and your baby needs it for the rest of their life or yours.

Tell your mama you appreciate all her love and help with baby but you want bonding time too and you’re fine right now to do so. If she doesn’t listen you move away and tell her to back up and be respectful because that’s your baby.
Tell her what you don’t mind help with;
Feeding baby
Cuddles after bath whilst your organising clothes
Hold baby whilst you bath
Get baby dressed
There are ways she can have her time with baby that helps you rather than just snatching.
Put your foot down now! :heart::heart:

1 Like

You can’t spoil a newborn. They’ve literally been held their whole existence until birth and it’s a big transition to be born. They need to be held.

5 Likes

You cannot spoil a newborn. You cuddle your baby as much and for as long as you like. Tell your mom times have changed and science has proven this is good for your baby.

1 Like

You need to stand your ground. What she did with you is her business and if you want to raise or do something differently with YOUR child then you do it. Next time she tries just politely tell her that she had her opportunity to raise her own the way she wanted and now she needs to give you space and opportunity to do too.

Put her in her place. She raised her kids how she wanted now it’s your turn. The entitlement of some of these grandparents I read about on here are infuriating. It won’t stop unless you address it.

Wow I would tell her to back off. I done that with my grandson every time see him. They soon grow up and u will miss that special quality time together. Try talking to her and say I know mean well but your doing it your way and enjoy it xx

It’s impossible to spoil a baby so hold her all you want and tell anyone who disagrees that you’re going to savor this time. Babies get big quickly, so breathe it all in.

Stand up for yourself. You cannot spoil a baby or a small child with cuddles.

You don’t spoil a baby by cuddling and loving them. Babies love to be cuddled and held my their parents. It’s a proven fact that babies that are cuddled up to your chest do better and thrive more than babies who don’t have that. I would tell your mom to leave her be. She is your baby not your moms.

2 Likes

My son was colic so he was on me all the time till 4 months he was far from being spoiled but I have been around babies that was always being hold by someone that ended up always wanting it could never set them down your choice ur baby

You can not spoil a child with love, affection or attention. That’s complete bullshit. Idc she needs to keep her comments and hands to herself. Toxic as hell!

They spoil from the very beginning but do not let your mother take her from you that is your child you do what you want

1 Like

Tell your mother to leave. I didn’t get to bond with my baby in the beginning as much as I wanted to (medical issues). You will never get that time back. It is impossible to “spoil” a newborn. Skin on skin contact is so important, and when I was unable to do it, my partner and my mother made sure my newborn received that comfort and bonding.

When it comes to pregnancy, birth, and postpartum: If they aren’t FOR you, then they are AGAINST you. Kick your mom out.

Cuddle her as much as you want health visitors and midwifes say there is no such thing as spoiling them with cuddles or love

2 Likes

Tell your mom to leave. That’s unacceptable to put hands on a child that isn’t yours.

I dont know the timeframe for the baby but i sure know that mama needs to go.

You are the mom, you do what you want, and if she sees it as spoiling, then spoil away.

Nobody will take my baby from me first off…
2nd, i did a TON of snuggling and cuddles. Let them sleep on my chest for hours!
None of my babies are " spoiled " but they sure are loved

I would set a boundary with your mother that YOUR baby will be raised a little differently and that it is impossible to spoil an infant. I have a 1 year old and am a first time mom and this is my husband’s 4th child. He watched me give in and love that baby every minute she wanted me and we have an extremely independent little lady on our hands now. She sleeps in her own crib and feeds herself, we predict in a month or so she’ll want to help with more household tasks. Point being she’s not spoiled but she has the confidence and safe attachment style with her parents that make her want to be independent because she knows we’re there. Lots of research on why that is but honestly mama follow your instincts you know what your baby needs and they let you know too. I still will stop everything for snuggles if that’s what she needs. Meeting her needs in the early stages is going to set her up for a successful future and it will for your baby too. YOU are the mom, not anyone else, do what you know is right in your heart.

1 Like

Its called bonding and love

Your mom is being silly. So what if she’s spoiled with love & cuddling.

Tell mom to get lost

Love Hug and Cuddle your baby EVERY DAY!! :baby: MOM needs to learn and or be Told her Boundaries- and RESPECT to You! If you don not help her understand those Boundaries it will be tough for Everyone in days to come!

Bye mom :v:t2: She needs to learn boundaries and until she does I wouldn’t let her over.

1 Like

You need to remind your mama who the child’s mama is and to back off!!!

2 Likes

You cannot “spoil” an infant. The baby needs to be on you just as much as you want her with you

5 Likes

You can’t spoil a baby they need to be held and loved that’s how you bond tell her YOUR BABY and to BACK OFF.

2 Likes

You can’t spoil a baby. Tell your mom to mind her own buisness and stop touching your Child.

The first time my mom snatched my baby from my arms would have been the last time she saw me and my baby!

1 Like

I hope you went and got the baby back from her.

2 Likes

You can never spoil a baby. But you can neglect their needs for comfort. Put her in her place. You are mum you make the rules

4 Likes

I would tell your mom to backbthe fuck off. That’s your child not hers and there’s no such thing as spoiling an infant. They need the skin to skin. Your mom sounds tocix af and you need to get you and your baby away from her

Oh no, I’d lose my shit on both mine and my S/O’s mom if they some shit like this, and I’m so glad they know it too

Give a big fuck you to ur mom and cuddle that baby

Do you live with Momma? How else is she able to do this? Get your own place and set your own rules and boundaries. If you’re still at home with her and SHE pays the bill, It will be tough to find a way to put a stop to it.

1 Like

Throw the whole mom out. That is YOUR baby and you should give her as much affection as you want.

1 Like

“Spoiling” is actually a lack of discipline, or trying to buy a child’s love with material things , showing affection is NOT spoiling .

2 Likes

Put that woman in her place! That is YOUR BABY! I DARE ANYONE TO YANK MY BABY OUT OF MY ARMS! YOU WILL BE LAYING ON THE GROUND!

I read it as your mother wants to spoil the child. Grandparents have a tendency to do that but a child needs attention and you can’t really spoil a two week old baby. Tell her you need to hold your baby. But let her too because she’s the grandparent and your lucky she loves your little baby. Many grandparents don’t do that.

1 Like

I still Snuggle with my baby
Every chance I get
He’s 3 almost 4
I miss when he would just sleep in my arms all day

2 Likes

Wow only meant to happen once its your child , Your Mum has a problem so what if they get spoilt , Little for such a short time ENJOY WHAT YOU DOING WITH YOUR CHILD …:purple_heart::smile::rose:

Your child! She needs to but out

NOPE and don’t let her make you think it’s bad. Plus no mother should rip a child from their mother. My mom could take my daughter out of my arms at any time but she’d always ask “can I have her? Or do you want me to take her” first.

1 Like

Say to your mom you can’t spoil a child set some boundaries

1 Like

You do what you feels right. That baby needs bonding time with their mommy. Everything else falls in place.
Just saying!:pray:t2:

1 Like

Get your own place asap! Living with your mom will never work

4 Likes

You can’t spoil an infant it needs to be cuddled and loved

4 Likes

You can’t spoil a baby. Next time she does that look at her dead in the eye an say do it again, I’ll call the cops. You have no right to take the baby without permission.

7 Likes

I’ve had people tell me I will spoil my baby by holding her too much and I stopped for a little bit but then I realised she’s wasn’t going to be little for this long so I started holding her again, she’s nearly six months now and people still tell me I will spoil her so I just stick my middle finger up​:joy: tell her its your baby and to do one :joy:

7 Likes

My daughter is a FTM… my grandbaby is my first and only grand child (she’s a girl and only 3 month old) I will respect my daughters wishes even when I so badly wanna do the opposite…. I mean what are grandmas for? But in reality YOURE the mom what u say goes… just let you mom know you want to hold and cuddle YOUR child….

1 Like

There’s no way to spoil a baby that young… babies don’t even learn how to self soothe until around 6 months old, so cuddle that baby every chance you get. They grow up quick. Put your foot down, that is your child, not hers.

7 Likes

Your mom needs to gtfo and step back. This is a different generation and we have different ways of doing things. Just as she did things different from her mom.

You only have ONE shot at this and it’s gunna go by so fast and you’re gunna miss/regret not if that is the style of being a mom you want to be. This is YOUR baby they had their shot when raising you and did what they felt was best.

Huge advice…Set those boundaries asap because it sounds like if it’s starting like this and you let your mom walk all over you like this then it will turn into lack of respect towards you as a parent. It will turn into a HUGE fight later on down the road.

1 Like

Hold that baby! They are only young once. Who cares if they are spoiled.

3 Likes

You are NOT going to spoil a baby. You won’t spoil a child by loving them. Tell your mom to back tf off and mind her business

Tell your mom its your child and tell her to mind her own buisness

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: yeah no, thats not ok .I’d tell my mom to get bent if she did some shady shit like that
My baby my rules, keep your hands off

My momma who was the wisest woman I know always said babies aren’t spoiled, they are much loved. Not sure what your Mom meant by taking your baby out of your arms, but she was wrong to do so.

1 Like

You literally cannot spoil an infant. Giving them love and attention and contact helps with binding. You mother needs to move her ass on down, the road, thus is YOUR child. Not hers.

:sob: this broke my heart. She is YOUR baby YOU do what you fill is right! Love your baby more than anyone in this world, your mom needs to be put in her place!

1 Like

There’s no such thing! Do exactly what your instincts tell you girlie!!! Your baby is only mini once and then you’ll never get the same kind of cuddles! The problem that new moms deal with is unsolicited parenting advice from others that think they know it all. I have 5 kids and every experience was different. I snuggled the shit out of every single one endlessly

Just make sure she sleeps in a safe sleep space. You can’t spoil a baby that’s an old out dated belief.

2 Likes

Your baby NEEDS you for comfort. Your body is all she knows. Your smell, your warmth, your heartbeat… That’s all your baby has heard the entire 9 months. That’s her comfort. Nobody. Not nobody can tell you not to love on your child. Hold her ass much as you can. It won’t last long. Andddddddddddddd wtf up with your momma? The next time she goes to rip ANYTHING from you, :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch: Babies cant be spoiled :neutral_face:

Domt let your mom come around either of you again!!! That is absolutely horrible!!! Omg cuddle your baby 24 7 momma. Do not let her touch the baby or rip her away.

4 Likes

You can’t spoil a baby you keep on holding your baby lock yourself in your room if you have to.

2 Likes

Tell your mama to get the hell on about her business. That’s your mother true indeed but you are your newborns mother and fyi there is no such thing as spoiling your baby! Your baby is learning trust, learning who is his safe space and when he cries knows you are gonna be there etc etc in my opinion there is no age limit on showing love and affection to your kids no matter how old they get they’re gonna always be your babies :heart:

Do you live with your mother? I’d tell her not to do that and mind her own business. Never to do that again and you didn’t ask for her advice. But if you live with her that may cause you some issues

Omg your mother is crazy lol.That’s what your ment to do with your baby it’s called bonding

1 Like

I held my son constantly for the first couple months and he isn’t “spoiled”

1 Like

Babies thrive on love,you put one in crib and never hold and love them,don’t do well tell your Mom in a nice way to Butt out. Your Child,show it love.

This infuriated me. You can’t spoil a baby with love and affection! Tel her to mind her own business. It is essential that your baby be cuddled as much as possible right now for their sake and yours. These days are limited so take advantage. Your mom is being a jerk imo.

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t2: you can’t spoil babies. And tell your mother to back off. I wouldn’t even be around her if she kept doing that. Set your boundaries and don’t back down

1 Like

You can’t spoil a newborn. Also doing that can hurt the baby physically depending how rough she is. Your mother needs to have boundaries since she can’t respect you.

1 Like

You know what I wish I had told my mom? “You got a chance to figure motherhood out, and I would like the same chance. You had me and raised me, now let me raise my own child. Stop trying to rob me of my motherhood.”

The fact I let her run over me and never stood up for my daughter and I still haunts me to this day. You need to decide what feelings you’d rather live with. Mine or putting your mother in her place even if it pisses her off.

I’m a grandma and what your mother is doing is WRONG… Stop her from taking your child. You have every right to get your child LOVE

2 Likes

NEVER. You could NEVER spoil a baby… you never spoil a human with love. Your mom sounds like a piece of :poop: YOU ARE THAT BABIES MOTHER… your baby needs those cuddles and to be held… I fricken hate when the grandparents say this kind of crap…

1 Like

She needs to back off! It’s your baby.

1 Like

You cannot spoil a baby by loving it and bonding with it, i held all my grandchildren all the time when they were small like that i even told my daughter to hold tht baby he needs you to show him love none of them are spoiled at all, even they come and jump in my lap as big as they are now

2 Likes

No it’s your child needs to feel your love

1 Like

omg no its not a bad thing u need to coddle n cuddle with your baby that is yalls bonding time i am a mother of 4 raised 7 n have 9 grandkids n 1 great grand n they all have been coddled n cuddled n not one of them was or is spoiled

1 Like

She’s wrong that’s horrible

2 Likes

You can’t “spoil” a baby by cuddling them. Tell your mom to back off and let you love on your baby.

2 Likes

Ignore the crazy lady and look after your baby

1 Like

You need to enjoy those moments because they don’t last forever! You put that baby on your chest and put your foot down with your mom!!! She isn’t the mother.

3 Likes

How can you love a child too much?

3 Likes

Does you’re mother have psychiatric issues??? Not even joking bc frankly thats not normal

3 Likes

Who the hell is your mom to take your child from your arms? Is she out of her mind? You cannot spoil a child!!!

3 Likes

You can never spoil a baby or child for that matter with love and affection. You are the mother and need to stand your ground or she will try and control everything you do with your child.

1 Like

That baby needs to be held! All she knows is you and your sounds and smells! It’s not okay! Or developmentally appropriate! She will mess with her development not letting her get loved and cuddled! Babies need that to build secure relationships! If your child is 1 or 2 and won’t let you put her down that’s different but until then tell your mom, kindly and respectfully as a mother yourself, :fu:t4:.

2 Likes

Tell your mom that it’s your child and you’ll do whatever you want to with your baby. Not her child not her rules whatsoever. You gave birth to your daughter so do whatever you want. There’s no spoiling a baby

You cannot spoil children by responding to their biological needs!
Babies need connection and to be held! I contact napped with my youngest for the whole first year!
You need to set firm boundaries with your mother.

That baby is TWO WEEKS OLD!!! I’ve never heard of something so nuts!!! Keep on lovin that baby girl!! N yer Mom needs a SERIOUS reality check!!!

1 Like

Babies need to be held, it is called bonding. Tell your mom to bugger off.

1 Like

Babies cannot be spoiled. Babies actually do need that type of affection. As a mom, you do what you need to do, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise

2 Likes