My moms dog bit my son: Am I wrong for thinking they should do something about it?

My daughters dad’s dog bit my child which in all fairness wasn’t the dogs fault (the dog just had the snip and my daughters dad should of kept the dog away from my daughter as he was very grouchy still and she was only 1 and half!) she walked up to the dog and touched his face while he was asleep and the dog bit her 3 times on her arm… Left marks but thankfully didn’t break the skin… Anyways I got her seen and the nurse said it was a warning bite as didn’t break the skin but told me to go to the police because if the dog does it again my diaghter wouldn’t be so lucky! Which I did and the police contacted my daughters dad as I told him I didn’t want the dog near her again and her dad was refusing to do that… The police told him 1…if the dog attacks again dog would be put down etc and he wouldn’t be arrested but 2… That if he didn’t get get rid of the dog then my daughter was no longer to vist him!.. So after a week he decided to take the dog to a shelter… And even tho I blame him and not the dog I don’t regret making him rehome the dog to the shelter… A dog can give a warning… But if happens again it will be fatal!!!

3 Likes

This is from someone that has a working dog and has trained apprehension dogs. If the dog displays aggression in any form they are A)uncomfortable and anxious or B)serious lack of training. Owning a dog that I know would bite and do damage the dog is always taken out of the situation and either crated or put in my bedroom. That way company can come over without worrying and the dog is not put in a situation its going to be at fault. Compromise. When company leaves, dog comes out. Its not an unreasonable request (especially with the bite history) to require the dog put up so their are no accidents.

10 Likes

I have had dogs all my life & they are trained to an amazing level… but if any dog of mine bit anyone esp a child then as much as I love my dogs it would be instantly put to sleep. Your mum is very very irresponsible your child comes before any animal or human end of.

13 Likes

I really don’t understand people choosing animals over children. In my family that would have been a dead dog right then and there. I said what I said💁

29 Likes

I would ask them to start visiting you at your house if they dont want to do anything about it. I wouldnt take my kids back there if thr dog is around. You would only keep introducing the fear back into your child

4 Likes

You have to look after your son’s safety, and if that means him not going to their house until something is done, then so be it. They should also understand that although the dog may be important to them, a child always comes first. What’s gonna happen if the dog charges at your son again?? Are you gonna keep taking him with them? And them not do anything about the dog?? The dog could stay outside or on another room until your son leaves. But of that’s too much to ask from them, then they could as easily visit your son at your house.

1 Like

I feel like a grandchild should be more important than an aggressive animal. Personally I wouldn’t go over. I would be mad. Maybe have them come over your place only?

2 Likes

I would not take my child around the dog again. Let them visit you, with out the dog.

I’d be very upset and dog would not be roaming free there with my kid or I wouldn’t go there.

2 Likes

I would expect something to be done and would not return until the dog was no longer around or would be kept in a room while you and your child are there.

1 Like

If you knew the animal acted like that towards your child why keep bringing him over there?? At that point it’s your fault. Stop going over there! Your child doesn’t feel safe and obviously the dog doesn’t like him.

6 Likes

How do you hold a dog accountable? A dog is a dog, it is the humans involved that need to be accountable. If he has a problem with your son, I would ask that he be crated our put up while you are visiting. If they aren’t willing to do this, then I wouldn’t visit. This dog sounds exactly like my dachshund to be honest. She is mostly ok, but she has nipped at random people for both reason really, she just decides she doesn’t like them. I put her up when people are over that I am not sure how she will react. Out of courtesy for them, but also her, so that she doesn’t end up in trouble or euthanized for biting someone.

7 Likes

Some dogs don’t like kids. Doesn’t matter if they like adults they see often, they just don’t like kids. I wouldn’t be going over there if the dog is going to be around and if your parents don’t get that then let them choose their dog over their family.

My sisters dog (that lives at my parents on their land) has bitten 3 children including my son. When she bit my son (and let me be clear I don’t care who gets upset about what I’m about to say), I blacked out & chased/beat it with my sons baseball bat before she got away. My sister will not put the dog down/get rid of it, but that dog sure as hell didn’t forget that baseball bat and stays away for the most part. I love animals but I love my son more. Typically dog bites have to be reported but this dog is only around family members for the most part. Should 100% be put down if this is a recurring thing.

1 Like

No way…if someone reported this in our town, dog would have at least been taken away for quarantine! If not shots are done then one more bite and their dog could be done. On your side, why would you ever go back! Dog is aggressive and not yours. Not much to do about it but stay away. Did the doctor who put in stitches report it? And yes, my dogs are very well trained. Used to show in obedience! If they EVER bit a kid that would be it. BTW, all interactions with any pets should Always be supervised…

Right, make them put the dog up somewhere while youns visit. Or have them come to your house. Some animals are just not good with kids, although the child “respects” the animal they can still be rougher than what they think they are being.

1 Like

Seeing as the dog has bit prior and they are unwilling to rehome then I wouldn’t go over until the dog is put away when we’d come over. Whether cage, room, gate is put up, etc. Even the nicest dog can nip if they are having a bad day (and you miss the silent warnings) so dogs should never be close enough to bite small children anyway.

2 Likes

My oldest got attacked by a dog and when I took him to the er for treatment they reported it and sent some one to my house time I got there to meet me and remove the dog then they took him and tested him and we as a family decided it was best if they found him a new home

I would just suggest the dog be put away when your child is over or to put a muzzle on the dog when you are over. We have a dog that had bit one of our kids. This is him.

2 Likes

When I was a kid I was attacked by a dog pretty bad. It took me forever for me to feel comfortable around any type of big dog and I’m still very hesitant on new dogs. I personally would not be forcing the child to go over there anymore until the dog is either gone or is crated completely out of sight from where he would be.

1 Like

They should train the dog or give it to someone who can. Unacceptable of a dog to be walking around thinking it’s okay to bite people. ESPECIALLY CHILDREN

1 Like

Ask them to put the dog up. I find it’s the kids fault in most cases like this

1 Like

Some dogs bite. All dogs bite when pressed hard enough. Kids don’t know limits and that is NOT the animals fault. I dont want some grabby noisy thing grabbing at me either. Unless the animal is senselessly aggressive to all kinds of people, I dont agree with “holding the animal responsible”. My dogs have snapped at my kids. They’ve all learned not to get in their faces and to recognize warning signs. We ask before we can pet others people’s animals. I would make sure the animal was away from my kid if it worried me that much. But otherwise, I’m going to reintroduce my child. They’re not going to have a fear of dogs because they got snapped at. They will have a respect for all creatures and know that they are not always predictable. And that we cant go around KILLING people’s pets when they weren’t respected. Obviously there are situations that may require other actions, but a generalized “drew blood, get put down” is hasty. I pulled my dog off a neighbor’s dog once. Hes never gone after a person in his life but he snapped at my hand and drew blood. I realized that it was me who made a mistake getting involved in their fight, I cleaned it up and moved on with my life. If anything train the dog better. Sounds like they could both use socialization. It’s a process.

7 Likes

I wouldnt go around the dog again

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be going back there with my kids period!!! Why hasn’t this dog been reported? By law in MANY areas if a dog bites and draws blood they go to doggy jail to be evaluated

2 Likes

Here we have the “Public Health Unit” that deals with all dog bites. As soon as you take the kid to a doctor the Health Unit takes over and it is out of your hands. When my dog bit a UPS driver the Health Unit showed up at my door the very next morning. Dog had to be quarantined for 14 days. Had to show papers that dog was registered and current on shots. At the end of 14 days I had to have the dog evaluated by a Health Unit trainer to assess future risk. If my dog had failed a single test then she would have been put down! Luckily she passed, the UPS driver had reached for her as my son opened the door, being old and half blind she reacted by biting his hand. It was decided that she was defending her home and her “kid” and was allowed to live.

When my son was bitten by a dog, the dog was put down at the end of its assessment because it showed aggression in the tests. No guilt over that, the dog bit my kid and the irresponsible owners tried to shrug it off.

1 Like

Here the hospital would be required to tell animal control and they would deal with it

1 Like

Just put the dog in a different room. Im sure there is more to the story. Dogs dont bite fir no reason. No reason to put them down.

13 Likes

I don’t feel you can force them to get rid of the dog. But I certainly wouldn’t be taking him back to their house. They can see your child at your home or a public place without the dog.

3 Likes

Wow I can’t believe they would want to not only keep the animal, but bring your child around it again!!!
Noooooo

1 Like

I would not take my child anywhere near that dog. If your parents really want to see their grandchild they are going to have to figure out a way to keep the dog away while he visits. Reintroducing him to the dog that bit his face is a traumatic experience for your son and might cause him to fear dogs. Poor baby I hope he’s doing better :heart:

1 Like

I’m two sided on this. Did you see the actual events? I had a dog that was the sweetest in the world and wouldn’t even growl at kids up to a certain age (like she knew at a point they knew better). My husband’s cousin’s kids kept grabbing and getting down in her face and they were old enough to know better. I warned that they were basically in dog terms challenging her without understanding it because of eye level and to stop. Repeatedly I told them, as I controlled my dog and the mother didn’t her kids. Finally I let my dog go and told them if they got bit they would learn their lesson. Then the mom took action. Not at all saying this is what happened, just explaining a scenario.
Hear me out.
My son is 11 and unfortunately I’ve lost that sweet girl after 19 years and he has a new dog and I still teach him even though it’s his dog not to get on eye level. We have to remember that animals have instincts and they react on them, so while you may have been disciplining your child the dog may not have been comfortable strictly because of the size of your kiddo. I personally don’t think euthanasia over a single bite is fair, but I’m an animal lover and I’m not in this situation. Compromise for right now sounds like having the dog in a separate room for your visits or at your house. Maybe with time they can both become Comfortable again. I would hate for your child to have a fear of dogs due to this and it could be a way to bridge this potentially also.
Just my opinion, but ultimately you guys are the parents and regardless you are going to make the call that is the very best for your family.

Oh hell no, that dog needs to go. Their grandchildren should come first over a dog. I wouldn’t go see them until the dog is gone!

1 Like

Report the dog and don’t go back. That dog will kill someone

2 Likes

My niece was attacked by a dog in the face when she was 3. We were outside doing a bon fire, all the kids were asleep inside. My 3yo niece came out to look for us but made a pit stop to see her doggy. And the dog didn’t know who she was coming into his house and ripped her face off. She had staples and stitches everywhere, she’s 14 now and still has scars. They put the dog down a week later, after he attacked my sister as well. They had put him in the temp controlled barn where they kids aren’t allowed, trying to keep him alive. He broke his chain and almost ripped my sisters throat out when she came in to feed and water him. He’d always been the sweetest dog on the planet until that awful wk.

1 Like

No your 100% if it was not an accident horsing around, definitely not! This is coming from a big dog owner. They need to accommodate you and your child. Perhaps fence in or kennel the dog while you visit? Otherwise if nothing is to be done, I wouldn’t visit at all.

1 Like

Some of the comments are wow… first I would know what exactly happened? Did your child not know when to get away from the dog? How about holding your child responsible? Second I wouldn’t expect them to get rid of the dog when you yourself said he is nothing but loving around people which goes back to the first question. I would slowly reintroduce the dog to your child. Maybe ask that they put the dog away while you are there until the dog and your child feel more comfortable together.

1 Like

He is four and he said all that. That in itself is pretty amazing.

On a side note .
No get rid of the dog. First time a dog bit any of my grandkids. I am getting rid of it.

The bottom line is that the dog and the child need to be kept apart. It is not the dog’s fault or the child’s fault, as animals and children will be animals and children. The ones responsible are the adults who care for and supervise the animal and the child, and if that supervision is not taking place, they need to be kept separate by whatever means necessary.

2 Likes

As a mum your very first task is to ensure the safety of your child. Be it family member, animal, predator, teacher, priest and the list can go on. Your child is 4 and cannot protect himself against an Attack from a dog. It can happen again. It can be worse and even tragic the next time. You are not being unreasonable to want to protect your child. Don’t ever let anyone convince you otherwise. Dogs are animals at the end of the day and even a child may still not fully grasp how to interact around an animal . You can’t “blame” a 4 year old if he pulls a dogs tail and the dog reacts fiercely. The child is still learning. As for the dog. In my experience… they don’t forget. Your parents should understand if you choose to protect your child. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.

I wouldn’t take my kid back especially if the kid says he doesn’t want to be around it. If they want to see him they can come to your house where he feels safe

4 Likes

If a dog bites once it will bite again. If you continue to visit, then I would ask them to muzzle the dog

2 Likes

The dog should have been shot the second it bit your son.

3 Likes

Children come first ! Dog needs to be put down before he really injured someone else . If your folks can’t see that , THEY have a problem . They could also rehome the dog to someone who has no children

1 Like

As long as the child wasn’t playing on* the dog or getting in the dogs face, grabbing it, etc. I would say ask that your parents keep the dog separated from the child when you go over. If they refuse, just don’t go over. However, if the child was being mean to the dog in any way (I’m not saying that’s what happened) give redirection to the child to avoid further conflict. The child didn’t deserve to be but no matter the situation, but children (in general) should not be allowed to play on animals or be mean to the and the animals expected to tolerate it.

3 Likes

So you knew the dog had a history of aggression and are surprised that your 4 year old got bit? In turn you want the dog put down? How does that make any logical sense? As a parent why would you let your toddler around an aggressive dog alone?

8 Likes

Either your son did something to cause the dog to bite or the dog isn’t trained properly and isn’t used to children. Either way its not the dogs fault and doesn’t deserve to be put down. Either needs better owner or a reintroduction to your son. If it’s the owners fault I doubt they’ll train properly and should ask to put yhr down in a crate or another room when you’re over.

4 Likes

I have the same issue. My dad and his dog live with me and he has bitten 6 times in the last 3 months. The last time my boyfriend needed stitches. My dad always has some excuse but I think he needs to put the dog down.

9 times out of 10 it is not the dogs fault. If the dog has shown/ warned people in the past that he doesn’t like certain things it is the responsibility of the owners to get professional help for said dog or make sure that that dog is not put in a situation like this! Hold your parents accountable, not the dog.

2 Likes

No question put the dog down or don’t take your child around it.

I would refuse to go over until they at least agree to put the dog up when you are there.

5 Likes

If it was the first time then I could see them not wanting to rehome, but if it has aggressive tendencies prior to this then it needs to go, if they don’t get rid of it then it’s completely reasonable for you to keep your kid away, and if my child says that he doesn’t want to be around the dog then I wouldn’t force him to be around the dog. And if that means having the grandparents over to my house without the dog or in a public setting, then that’s what would be done, if they don’t like it then they don’t get to see your son

1 Like

Just don’t go back until they do something.

Just have your parents put the dog in another room, in it’s crate or if their yard is fenced have them put the dog outside. You can’t expect them to get rid of a family member but I would request the dog be separated from your kid when visiting.

9 Likes

You absolutely should tell them that the dog needs to be kept in a room away from your son at all times or that they keep a muzzle on him when your son is around. Some dogs are bad around other people. That’s ok. The owners are the ones that have to live with the dog, and if the dog is nice to them, great! However, them knowing the dog can and will bite people makes them irresponsible for letting the dog around someone they love so much. THEY ARE CHOOSING THE DOG’S COMFORT OVER YOUR ACTUAL HUMAN CHILD’S COMFORT. Like, you need to remember that they made this choice first. I hope you come to a compromise, because like you said, they love you and your child.

4 Likes

I’m guessing the dog is an older dog ? Not making excuses. BUT if the dog has been known to be aggressive… imo I would have asked for the dog to be out in another room or wear a muzzle :woman_shrugging:. This dog is a beloved family pet of your parents… asking them to " hold a DOG accountable " is ridiculous :roll_eyes:. Imo i would express my concerns and voice that the dog muzzled or placed in another room . That’s it or don’t go :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The dog needs to be put down. They are literally choosing a dog over your child.

5 Likes

The dog should be put down to bite your 4 year old and he had to have stitches hes dangerous stand your ground dont go back unless they either get rid of the dog or put it in enclosure totally away from your child when you visit there not being responsible owners

4 Likes

I have seen so many dogs misplaced because of something like this. A lot of times people don’t realize the animal is in pain. If he petted the dog and it has a spine issue and the dog thought the boy hurt him, the only way the dog has to defend himself is to bite. Before jumping to the dog needs put down, see if something is wrong. He could have a abcessed tooth, slipped vertebrae, a number of hidden problems.

9 Likes

My dad’s dog snapped on my son one time out of the million times we went there my dad said if it happens again he’ll put him down 🤷 I have mixed feelings on it

1 Like

Sue your mother and make her pay for the hospital bill

4 Likes

Dogs are dogs.if i were you when i visited id ask your parents to put the dog in place seperate place.backyard or whatever.asking your parents to get rid of their dog could be for them like getting rid of one of their children.

3 Likes

Once a dog bites and tastes blood then it won’t be their last time. Some dogs don’t belong around children but do ok with grownups. If they are allowed to keep the dog, which they probably won’t get to since you say this isn’t the first time, then they need to keep it in a bedroom with a lock at the top so the child can’t open the door or put outside while ya’ll are visiting and make sure the child knows they can’t pet that dog .

1 Like

I wouldnt let a dog live that bit my baby which required stitches. 🤷

1 Like

We need to know what happened before we can give any advice. You do not just get rid of a dog for biting someone. Was your son at fault?

8 Likes

My parents dog bit my nephew in the face, his mom sued them for all physical and physiological damage (which so far I’ve noticed none). Scar healed up nicely, nephew still loves dogs. But she won in court (all the money she asked for) and the dog was put to sleep.

2 Likes

If there were stitches doctors are required to report to the authorities !

2 Likes

Don’t bring your child there again their choice

I would not allow that dog around your child again, period. If you do and your child gets severely hurt, you could end up losing your child to CPS and even getting criminal charges for child endangerment/neglect. If they’re willing to put your child in harm’s way by allowing that dog back around him, I would not let them around the child unsupervised either. What other poor decisions are they willing to make?

3 Likes

I teach my kids to respect animals too, but I’m still having to get onto my 4 year old for being mean or teasing our kitten. For a while we couldn’t figure out why the kitten wasn’t playing nice with our 4yo but we’ve caught her a few times and we put her in time out.

So for some reason my sister’s Goldendoodle HATES my son and always has. My sister got the dog as a weeks old pup when my son was 7 (same month we also got a different breed puppy), my son is now 14. The dog has never bite him but he has snapped at him in the past. The dog will also growl at him and show his teeth if my son is even in the same room. So NOW and for the last few years, if my sister invites my family over, I tell we will come only if your dog is put away in a locked room. If she agrees to my terms than we visit. :woman_shrugging:. She always agrees… the last thing she wants is her dog to bite a kid.

Your situation is a little different because a bite has already happened… I think initially I would still proceed like I did.

3 Likes

What a tough situation. :exploding_head:
So sorry for your child…
I would stay away from them for a while until they come up with what to do with the dog. I would personally never be able to put my dog down I love her so much. Although she is not aggressive as so. However, if it were someone else’s dog, I would demand they at least pay hospital bills. It is up to them to keep the dog or rid of it—- if they keep it, contained and out of sight of your child, at the least. In a separate room, or in a crate where your child cannot see or hear the dog. Or just tell them you do not feel comfortable going to their place, and that they’ll need to come to you.

1 Like

Would put the dog down if it belonged to me and bite my grandchild.

Get tired of everytime a dog attacks a child people find a way to make it about the damn dog. F**k the dog 💁…ANY dog and I mean ANY bites/attacks my child and there’s gona be a problem. tHe DoGs FaMiLy ToO smdh…any person who thinks a dog is as important as a CHILD has priority issues

They need to do something about the dog, especially bc it isn’t the 1st time. I wouldn’t feel comfortable bringing my kid around that dog again & I wouldn’t want to force my child around the same dog that just bit his face! I think he should be reintroduced to dogs but different ones.

1 Like

Uhh I’d be asking what did ur kid do to the dog first ? Dogs don’t like kids in their face. They feel threatened. Did ur son maybe pull it’s ear or tail or get in its face? There is a HUGE difference in an aggressive dog and a dog defending itself and do many people over look that and think their kid is God’s gift and couldn’t possibly be in the wrong. I’m not accusing ur kid of anything but seriously dogs are dogs and kids are annoying esp little kids. Has this dog not been around small children before? Was it adopted ? All I’m trying to say is there are so many things to take into consideration before saying oh it should be put down. If your kid punched ur other kid in the face would u disown the kid who punched?

5 Likes

I don’t think you should expect them to put their dog down. I do think you have a right to be upset. I also think you should take some time to cool off and just have visits at your house or at their house only when the dog can be crated/ outside/ in another part of the house. I would not let this affect your relationship with them or your sons but I also would set strict boundaries that the dog would not be around my son again.

2 Likes

Make a report maybe u wont have to decide

1 Like

you are completely right. Your son comes 1st. No question. He doesn’t wasnt to be around the dog, I’d support that 100%. The hell with how anyone else feels. If it was my son the dog would have to go. Im Pretty surethe place you went to get stitches has to file a report because there was a dog bite

2 Likes

The child would never be around the dog again.

1 Like

My moms chihuahua bit my son on the hand when he was 6 months…dog was under vouch and my son unknowingly put his hand under couch a little support himself…my mom said it was my sons fault for putting his hand there. Next day i moved the dog away from my son (it was trying to eat his snacks) and it bit me (hard) she said it was my fault and gave it a treat :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:
I will clarify, i have (numerous times) moved hungry pitbulls away from food and NEVER got bit till her damn chihuahua.

My son has also climbed all over pitbulls (even a 6 month old pitbull) and never got bit till the chihuahua

If an animal is raised right, it will not bite. It is 100% the owner of the animals fault, and animal MUST be re-trained properly before being around children if its aggressive

In my opinion

edit to add
Neither my son or I needed stitches, but it did break the skin. If stitches were required, I absolutely would have insisted my mom put the dog thru rigorous training or put it down. And I absolutely love and respect all life forms so saying something should be put down does not come lightly

Some dogs just cannot be around children. Children are rough and while some don’t mind others react and bite. If your parents choose not to do anything about it, they can visit you guys without the dog or you can come only if they have the dog in another room or outside/ somewhere he won’t be able to get near you or your children. If they don’t agree to that, then they are choosing not to be part of your child’s life. I’m surprised that was their reaction since it’s their grandson and once a dog bites, they’ll do it again- maybe not them but def kids.

It’s too much to risk. There is no need for re-introduction if you guys visit often. It’s not an unfamiliar face to the dog. If they are dead set on keeping the dog then it should be put away when your child is there. I hate to say it but next time could be so much worse than just a few stitches

2 Likes

You shouldn’t cut them off completely jus dont go to their house

That dog would disappear. Just saying.

1 Like

Alot of dogs dont like the way kids sound or walk, idk why but I’ve seen this before they feel threatened, def would not chance it again, its ur baby who could b scarred and damaged for life

1 Like

I would definitely cut them off until something is done! Is this a big dog? Regardless any dog that bites someone should be put down. Especially a child! Stand up for your son.

Stop going to her house u cant force someone to get rid of the dog they own either stop going there or have them lock the dog in another room I’m sorry but dogs dont just attack for no reason :woman_shrugging: something happened in between another thing maybe invite the grandparents to your house that way u know nothing will happen

4 Likes

Nope not wrong dog needs to go or be put up when you’re around. I moved in with my parents and their dog didn’t like my 2 year old… they finally got rid of him because I was done I didn’t care it’s my son or the dog!

1 Like

I actually had a dog bite my grandson, and as hard as it was, I rehomed her. I would be devastated if my grandchild was afraid to visit.

1 Like

Maybe meet in the middle. Tell them to kennel the dog while y’all are over.

1 Like

I WOULD NOT put my child back in that situation but to each their own

I fail to see what the issue is? You both made your viewpoints clear so just have them go to your house and leave the dog at home.

4 Likes

My sisters dog bite my daughter in the face a few yrs ago the dog had never been aggressive before that incident and my daughter was just sitting in the floor probably half. Room away when the dog attacked her she required 176 stitches she was in the hospital for a week my sister decided to keep the dog so I had to move out of there for kose my kid because they said I would be putting her un a dangerous environment but my sister kept her dog she chose her dog over her niece…then 3 yrs later he the same dog attacked her husband he almost died and they still wanted to keep the dog but animal control said 2 very serious attacks not happening he ended up having to be put down so no I dont think u r wrong for not wanting your child around this animal

2 Likes

When you step onto someone’s property, who has an aggressive dog, you accept responsibility for anything that goes wrong. I have an aggressive dog. I have many over the years that wouldn’t come to my house because of my dog. I completely understand, and likewise I wouldn’t take my kids to a home with a dog that may bite them. You can ask that they put the dog up when your over, and you can request to meet someone else…maybe a park or grab coffee.

2 Likes

The dog should be kept in a kept while kids are there

If anything, the dog should be kept in a kennel, outside, or in a room (with toys food and water obviously) whenever children are in the household, or it should be muzzled around children

3 Likes

Your mom should be nice enough to put the dog away when you visit. My mom puts their dog out while I’m there cause I’m scared of it. It’s not like I’m going to be there all day. it either goes outside or to one of the bedrooms.

3 Likes

Dog needs to be out down. I would not trust that dog around my kids again. My inlaws and parents know there dogs bite my kids i will gladly put a bullet in its head and thats that. My husband was attacked on his 7th bday while his mom was picking his cake up and his sister was watching him. Ripped his scalp off his head. The dr stopped counting staples at 100,000. I can post pics if needed. If the dog has atracked once it will more than likely attack again.

5 Likes

If my dog bites someone, im not putting them down. If my dog attacks someone, thats different. My dog doesn’t like people but me and my husband in his face. People don’t come to my house bc of my dog and thats fine. We go to theirs… I don’t allow my kids to play with anyone elses dog because they are animals and accidents happen.

1 Like