My neighbor is mad my daughter had chalk roll on her side of the porch: Advice?

I have a neighbor from hell and i do not know what to do…we live in a duplex so our porches are attached…when my toddler goes outside to play she colors with chalk on the sidewalk…well i just came in and my neighbor bangs on my door and when i opened it she was complaining bc my daughter let a piece of chalk accidentally roll to her side of the porch and i didnt realize…she went off and told me i need to stop beiong lazy and pick up after my child and she was going to contact the landlord because i am dirty…it was one piece of chalk…what do i even do?

291 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My neighbor is mad my daughter had chalk roll on her side of the porch: Advice?

If it was me I’d tell her to go f**k herself :tipping_hand_woman::rofl:

16 Likes

Put a divider up on the porch.trelles or pot plans…

3 Likes

I would see if your neighbor would be ok with expanding fence for the porch so everything will stay on your side

2 Likes

Tell her to get a hobby. She obviously has too much time on her hands

3 Likes

Contact landlord first

6 Likes

Tell her to get a hobby or maybe just go touch some fuckin grass, jesus

Tell her to get laid, smoke a little somethin-somethin, have a drink, get a massage, whatever it takes for her to calm the F down because it’s freaking chalk. Just my humble opinion.

5 Likes

Wait and see what the landlord says. They might fix the issue for you

1 Like

Remind the old neighbor that they once was a child. And that kid will be kids and they doesn’t own the sidewalk. I would let the landlord know that the nightmare neighbor is acting this way. May they can put a stop to it.

1 Like

What a ridiculous thing to complain about. You’re neighbor sounds awful!

3 Likes

Put up a barrier to keep her out and your toys in.

2 Likes

I would have said :face_with_hand_over_mouth: my bad Karen I’ll be more careful next time

Just tell her thank you for letting me know and close the door.

4 Likes

Pop that piece of chalk in her mouth. Jk
Contact the landlord and go from there. It’s literally just a chalk. People find just about anything to complain about.

7 Likes

Get cameras and tell her to eat shit.

Ignore her, how petty and pathetic.

2 Likes

Slap the taste out her mouth!!!

1 Like

I’d say…be quiet boomer

Contact the landlord yourself, let them know this person came to your door being wild, irrational and loud over it… And that you’ll make sure to look out for any forgotten chalks but their behavior was unacceptable and you wanted to inform the landlord incase this becomes a habitual thing the neighbor does.

21 Likes

I had a neighbor like this, had to end up moving

2 Likes

I’d child the landlord first and tell them how ignorant she is to your TODDLER first of all.

I’d contact the landlord first and let them know she’s harassing you

17 Likes

Tell the landlord you caught her stealing your daughter’s chalk and she made up the lie to cover her tracks

33 Likes

Contact your landlord, tell them you want to leave early and break your lease because you don’t feel safe because of your neighbor…have the landlord do something with them or threaten to leave… that’s inane

5 Likes

I can’t believe someone would get upset over chalk on a porch

4 Likes

Tell her where to shove the chalk.

7 Likes

Pick it up and move along.

4 Likes

I would ask her politely if she hates children?! If you are clean and tidy, tell her to call the landlord, you will even be happy to wait. When your landlord shows up, ask them if they have children? Or have family that have children. Life is too crazy these days to flip out over a piece of chalk. I would also ask the landlord when they come to visit to prove to them you are a great momma and keep your house tidy, to see if you can put up a temporary wall, and that you will even pay for it/put it up/take it down but that being a momma to a tot it is not fair to keep them indoors and they need outside time. Oh and if you neighbor is such a grump a lump, I would so color a huge happy chalk mural on her side from your side. Good luck momma. I am sure you are doing a fantastic job. And if all else fails, tell her to calm down and build a garden and plant flowers for all the negative she has over some chalk. She needs a spa day to get over herself❤

6 Likes

You laugh in her face

4 Likes

Omg its CHALK!! Literally melts/washes awaywhen waters poured on on it! Is this Bafoon for real?! If your landlord has an OUNCE of brains they wont pay this idiot any mind either & should tell her Get real/get over it chalks NOT a crime MANY kids draw w/ it same as in school!! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Contact the landlord and invite him over for a walk thru of your place and leave chalk out. Ridiculous. I would ask her if there is anything else she is upset about. Then hand her a card with a therapist phone number. And explain that if she can’t handle community living then maybe she needs to get into a single dwelling home.

7 Likes

You do have to be careful. Your neighbor may slip on the round chalk. Especially if the neighbor is elderly. You see it as an innocent child mistake but they may see it differently!

6 Likes

I know I small funeral arrangements for one please because somebody needs to put this person in her place she sounds like a Karen from hell… And she say a chalk rolled to her side of the freaking porch? Like tell this woman exactly what it is and exactly what it is otherwise this is going to continue and continue and continue And instead of her calling and switching to the landlord you need to start speaking to the landlord yourself because she cannot treat you like that I would love to know where this is at because I love to put Karen’s in their place all day long and the only reason why this continues is because you allow it and you’re afraid of her and she knows it Play your foot down ma’am stand up on your own 2 feet that’s exactly the most ridiculous shit I’ve ever heard in my life and if she is that petty you have a big problem I would completely handle this the way she is because she has an audacity that clearly she believes she’s entitled to and you don’t say a word because you’re nervous or scared because she threatens to call the landlord F that and if you’re dirty then start cleaning up if you’re living dirty clean your shit up so you can have a leg to stand on when you call… Because that’s borderline abusive and I wish it MF would because there would be a lot more on her side of the fucking porch than a piece of chalk I tell you that Possibly her own body lol how old is this lady

Mail her one of those packages with exploding sparkles

22 Likes

I would color allllllllll over the porch and her door. Some people have no perspective. That is just ridiculous. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It’s chalk
It can be swept away (unlike your neighbor)
Tell here to get over it

3 Likes

Shove that piece of chalk up her ass, or outline her body with it… To each their own lol :laughing:

Seriously ?! I’d dump 10000 crushed chalks on her porch​:roll_eyes: people are sick in the head lol a piece of chalk rolled onto her side !?she needs to get a grip :kiss:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness … the pettiness of some people :rage: do they just look for things to complain about or is their life that boring. Your poor toddler … a piece of chalk??? Wow … I am a landlord and I would have a lot to say if one of my tenants were complaining about something this trivial :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

I wait for her to finish her rant at my front door and tell her to file a police report. Then I’d close the door and leave it at that. Or, I’d send her a certified letter stating that because she can’t carry an adult conversation, everything should be snail mailed to me if she needs to talk to me. If that winds her up, just don’t open the door lol

8 Likes

Draw a really thick line between your side and hers remind your little one to pick up her chalk. Now for the adult part make the libe a little more on your side a write mean lady side on her side of the line

11 Likes

Is there any more to this story?

1 Like

Tell that bitch to fuck off and kids are gonna be kids and it’s not that big of a fucking deal if she wants to call the cops about a piece of chalk let her ‘cause she’s gonna look stupid

Call the landlord and tell them that the lady next to you is harassing you.

12 Likes

Jfc…it washes off regardless…tell them to remove their tampon and get over it.

4 Likes

Barrier… and play your music girl!!! Do bubbles!!! Omggggg they have a new bubble machine that throws like 10000000 bubbles!!! Oh and then get a damn dog! I got a lab who barks at sticks. If you can’t have a dog….Get a damn cat so it perches over to her damn house :v::v::v::v::v::pray:t3:

1 Like

The petty childish person in me would draw a dick on her driveway :yawning_face::woman_shrugging:t4::see_no_evil:

Take pictures to prove to the landlord that you are not dirty.

3 Likes

It’s a piece of chalk… laugh at her and be happy your not sad and miserable :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

It’s chalk. It dusts right off of things…. ugh. Some people. :unamused: I’m so sorry about this.

I’d tell the nasty B* if she knocks on my door again she’s going to regret it :joy: I’d tell the landlord the crazy lady is harassing you and hates kids.

5 Likes

Your landlord is obviously happy otherwise would not of rented to you with a child call him yourself as others have said an let him know what’s going on before the child catcher neighbour does.:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Tell her to be thankfully that she is alive to see chalk and ask her wasn’t she a child once and get over it some people

Call the landlord on her :joy:

2 Likes

That depends on if your chalk was just the straw that broke the camels back, or if this lady really is mad about one piece of chalk.

8 Likes

Let them come. They’ll see whether or not she has grounds. If not they’ll tell her to stop

I would tell her to get off my side of the porch and she is not welcome on your side.

2 Likes

Get a ring doorbell and record the neighbor. Once you have anough evidence of her crazy take it to the police for harassment.

5 Likes

Wow is all i can say! What a bitter little b*tch! I would have had some major words for her but that just me. It’s not like your daughter threw :poop: on her side can you build a small barrier and block her side so she can see nothing going on? That’s the first thing and then I would let the landlord know you had to do that due to crazy lady. She is lucky is east me! Good luck and I definitely look into covering that area and to really get under her skin install a camera/light that goes off anytime someone passes by the house! Good luck!

1 Like

Laugh in her face lmao

Shit on your side of the porch, tell the landlord the neighbor did it and insist that things have gone too far. You’ve had enough and this lady is obviously out of her mind, etc. Good luck!

Let her call the landlord and explain what happened if anything she is being a nuisance

2 Likes

I’d put a camera on the back porch. Let the landlord know if any issues arise, you’re more than happy to give them the footage. :joy:

9 Likes

How ridiculous! I’ve dealt with some crazy neighbors in the past too. One who would shine a spotlight into the car of any visitor in my driveway in the evenings, and press her face right up on my windows to see what was going on in my house. Some people are just out of control. We’ve moved over certain neighbors in the past. At this age, I couldn’t do it again. I have to have my own piece of property no matter how small. I’d probably tell her to calm the hell down and if she continued in any way I’d be tempted to get right up in her face and snarl, growl, and intimidate the fk out of her, saying …lady you don’t want a piece of this…I’ll make you beg to eat this fking chalk if you knock on my door again, while giving her serious crazy eyes.

You tell her to get a life and never touch your door again or you’ll have her on harassment and intimidation. Fair dinkum id lose my shit if someone came to me like this over a piece of chalk.
If its doable with your space, throw up a privacy screen in the middle so you don’t have to worry about it.

I would have shut the door right in her face then if she continued banging my door I would have called the police

2 Likes

She’s probably feeling neglected and powerless, so finds something meaningless to assert herself over. Make her feel like a human being with worth. Ask if she’s ever been married or had kids. Ask if she likes kids. Ask if she has any favorite recipes she could teach you, books or TV shows to recommend. Ask what positive advice she would give you as a new mom, or just as a person. Tap into her experience and hard-won wisdom. Humanize her.

Recommend her to groups where she could get involved. Does she have any area of expertise? Did she live through a historic event? Does she have a special talent? Give her number to the Girl/Boy Scouts, the local school, the local historical society and have them reach out to her to see if she’d talk about history, let kids interview her, teach a talent, or show off personal artifacts and tell their story. Is she of a particular heritage? Is she a member of a cultural club for that heritage? Encourage her to get out of her comfort zone to help her focus on something besides you and your little one.

Invite her to join you at a religious institution if there’s an affinity. They’re always looking for volunteers where she could eventually be in charge of something besides being the chalk police to give her a sense of power, control & meaning.

Try to find a commonality (cause, political preference, Hollywood, sports, religion, baking, cooking, art, sewing, books, music, etc.) so you have some non-controversial subject you can agree on to talk about whenever you see her to head off her crabbiness.

What was her biggest regret? Triumph? Often people who have been emotionally hurt become gruff to shield their hearts from further pain and want to be the first to lash out to avoid heartache. Maybe pick a time to have tea on the porch & she can teach a childhood song to your little one, read her a story, or talk about her own childhood. Try to build a bridge. It will be all one-sided at first, but maybe you can get her to soften and turn into your champion instead of your enemy.

If she’s single & amenable, show her how to safely join dating sites (if she’s a cranky senior, try Our Time), or maybe she doesn’t know how to email or zoom with friends and family, and she could start enjoying other people’s company (and thus leave y’all alone). Encourage her to contact and visit old & new friends. The more joy she has in her life, the kinder she might be. Or not.

If she insists on being an a-hole, ask her about her daily schedule, then you’ll know when you can likely avoid her.

Yes to installing a barrier: potted plants, baby gate, hang a sheet. Good fences make good neighbors.

Good luck. Hope your neighbor learns to unclench her butt cheeks in due time.

tell her she can wash it off of her side very easily.

Hand her a piece of chalk and tell her she should try to draw something. Maybe expressing herself is what she needs to let go of hostility.

3 Likes

I’d lay a complaint against her to the landlord.

3 Likes

I would tell her to build a wall if she’s not happy. It was her choice to move into a duplex. She can move her miserable ass somewhere else then. Sheesh.

But honestly, contact the landlord and let them know the situation.

get a gate to divide porch space

1 Like

Get out the hose and cool them off…document them & move forward with a restraining order…I have had once to do it with pissy husband wife neighbors…They hated anything kid oriented and would jump in my face about it…restraining order and tuning up my race car outside their bedroom window every time they opened their mouths at my kids or me…I think it was the car that actually worked…

3 Likes

You should contact your landlord n let them know you’re having issues with her.

6 Likes

She must be hurting on the inside quite bad to be such a sour puss. Possibly has never has had kids., Or this situation goes deeper than that. Tidy up your side . It might make a big difference. It shouldn’t take that long… Record her on your phone if she throws a tantrum again. and file a report to your landlord , and go from there. Your child needs to feel safe. Someone should be out there with your toddler . They can learn to put things away. Otherwise it’s up to the parent to teach them discipline with Love. However a piece of chalk is ridiculous.

I would pick the chalk up and shove it in her big mouth

6 Likes

I had a neighbor once that was downstairs who chastised me for allowing “graffiti” on my back porch. AKA chalk drawings

I had a private back porch with stairs. Didn’t effect her unit at all. Crazy old lady

1 Like

I was going to say shove it up her arse but they won’t let me print that

Remember she is women at first and we all just don’t see eye to eye

1 Like

Keep you’re house and yard clean and argue back. Don’t let her tell lies. Children are hard work. Maybe she’s just jealous

Contact the landlords to let them know about the situation.

1 Like

Get a security camera and place it in the corner of your side of the porch aimed towards her side so it shows everything!!! She can’t do anything about it because it’s a safety measure to make sure your daughter stays safe and if she tempers with it at all she can be charged with destruction of private property

5 Likes

Camras record everything

3 Likes

Tell your daughter to leave her a beautiful mural all over the porch. There is absolutely nothing she can do, she isn’t the land owner.
Let your kid be a kid, just film your neighbour next time she goes off and tell her you’re going to the landlord.
:tipping_hand_woman:

3 Likes

Wow, she needs to get a grip. Definitely talk to your landlord.

3 Likes

Tell her to…shove that chalk where the sun doesn’t shine!!!

3 Likes

Take pictures!! No other way to get around rude and nasty people like that. Keep your mouth shut and have pictures.

I would complain right tf back. Like she is so rude !!! There is no talking to her. She should have been nice and been like here’s your chalk. That isn’t right

Rescue a guard dog or two.

I would leave little chalk notes for her everyday… great way to practice your kids spelling skills, and doing somthing kind for the neighbor too… and that’s on being an exemplary citizen :smirk::smirk::smirk:

4 Likes

Tell her to use the chalk to draw an imaginary fence…

6 Likes

I would contact your landlord before she does. She’s overreacting

3 Likes

Sounds like my neighbour ive had to put cameras but since she got a telling off from the police shes now just moaning to the landlord who thinks shes a nutcase :rofl:

2 Likes

Look for creative ways to get your child to use a chalk board. Make a wooden sort of division on the porch so it guides your child.

My son used to like playing with matches so i got him to light our lamp and candles for prayer time, while we could supervise.

1 Like

Wow
I won’t say what I would do in this situation because I’d lose my shit lol

I would build a small fence between the porches honestly, maybe use the little white garden fencing?

Not sure what they would expect from a toddler playing, but that’s ridiculous

4 Likes

I would use that piece of chalk to draw a line on the porch, and tell her not to ever cross it… not to knock on your door, not to talk to you or your children, and most definitely keep a record of every time she harassers you, then you have documentation, what time date and every thing that was said, and if you can afford it get cctv

14 Likes

There’s always one neighbor who has to be a problem. What you’ll have to do is make sure you go out with your child if she takes chalk or toys outside and make sure you bring everything back inside your own place. People like that don’t like other people much, especially little people. They’ll cause no end of trouble if they get the chance. I would make sure the inside of your house is spick and span for awhile too in case she does complain to the landlord and the landlord does decide to come check out your place. I would keep a small box in your living room to toss toys in in case someone comes to the door. And a bigger one in your daughter’s room for the bulk of her toys. I know when I had kids, keeping up with the toys all over the place was a challenge. Having a box in each room where they played with toys made it a lot easier. In the living room, you may prefer to use a nice round clothes basket. It will look better than a cardboard box.

2 Likes