My neighbors are loud at all hours of the night: Advice?

I have a group of young adults who live next door in a rental property that should have been taught some respect. It’s 11:45 at night, and I get woke by them playing football, bouncing it off anybody’s and everybody’s property, including my home. I simply ask them to keep it away from my home and property, and they cussed me, acting like they own the whole dang street. I do own my property, and I am sick and tired of the crap. I am talking after midnight chaos…loud music, throwing beer bottles in my yard/driveway for myself to have to clean up, turning on their motorcycles just to rev them for long periods of time, and constant traffic all hours of the night being so loud. My Kiddos and I are being woke many times a night because of chaos. My kiddos are so frustrated with it. Not only that, they are shooting birds with some type of bb/pellet gun. Unfortunately, my kiddos can’t go outside until I do a clean sweep of the play area because often, we are finding dead birds from them being shot in our play area and yard. Believe me when I say my neighbors and myself have all complained. Nothing gets done. We all have videos. They are running the streets doing as they please with no consequences. I have tried to be nice…

139 Likes

Call the police and file a complaint

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/my-neighbors-are-loud-at-all-hours-of-the-night-advice/9005

Has anyone called the cops or get ahold of the person that is renting it out

Call the police take pucs

1 Like

Police. Show them proof. Call the landlords of that rental property. Every state has laws regarding noise. You just have to search what your state/county law is.

I have the same issue with my neighbours and I went out and cursed them out and threatened to call ICE (they’re illegal) if they didn’t stop. Told them there’s older folks in the area who have work and are trying to sleep. I went ahead and ordered an air Horne that I’ll use once they’re loud again

If that doesn’t work, I’ll just take my dogs shit and throw it at their door :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Get vinductive if they are up all night wake up early and play your music loud (even better if its stuff they dont like) mow your ggrass have a back yard gathering starting at 7am give it back to them put a sign in your yard pointing to them that publicly shames them. Make them uncomfortable enough that they dont want to continue their behavior. And if all else fails look up their parents name and leave an anonymous phone message about the poor behavior of their children. Play the mind…mentally spank them for being obnoxious!

Police/or try to figure out the rental company and contact them

Call the police & tell them to do something or there will be consequences! Quit being nice!

I am so sorry to here this. It’s a problem with many people. I wish I had an answer for you.

1 Like

I agree. Call the police, they’re disturbing the police & defacing your property. There must be some ordinances in you town prohibiting such behavior & noises so late at night. Good luck.

So I’m guessing calling the police didn’t work, well keep calling every damn night they carry on like that and if that doesn’t work maybe get a petition and get every one to sign take that shit up with City Hall or city ordinance

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/my-neighbors-are-loud-at-all-hours-of-the-night-advice/9005

Have you called the police?

4 Likes

Find out who their landlord is, they have to adhere by their agreement which will state no anti social behaviour , the landlord can remove them

2 Likes

Call the rental company or police for starters.

Get one of them out there and don’t stop calling them 24/7 until they get just as tired of you as you are of the punk neighbors until someone decides to do something about it. Call them both. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

6 Likes

Does your city have a noise ordinance?

1 Like

Call the police. Toss the garbage back into their yard.

4 Likes

Are you having RELATIONSHIP or MARRIAGE issues, FINANCIAL problem, FERTILITY problem, etc. Or you need protection in your business, SEARCHING FOR A LOST PERSON, CURE TO ALL KINDS OF SICKNESS? I know someone that can help. Contact Dr. Victoria today and solve all your problems. Her email: [email protected] or whatsapp: +2349020104952. Instagram: glamour_hisba007. She helped me and she can help you too.

Go to the Mayors office and complain.

2 Likes

You need to contact the city and find out who owns the rental property. Provide them with the evidence. If that doesn’t work get the neighbors together to file a lawsuit.

8 Likes

If you know the rental company, contact them and provide proof. They need that proof. If you don’t know the rental company do a search for the county tax records to find out who the owners are to contact them. It could be owned by rental company or managed for an owner. Call the police and get reports so it can be documented. They are interrupting your "quiet enjoyment ". Don’t stop complaining because if the management company doesn’t do anything or owner, you can obtain an attorney to sue. Just went through this in a Fair Housing class and was astonished as to how much lands on us as the managers for properties and "cease and desist " letters no longer work, that we must take further actions for the other people around the problematic tenant.

5 Likes

Toss the garbage back at them and yours too . Many people these days are loud and think it is their right to do as they please.
Find who is the owner or renter of the property.

Call the police .
I wouldn’t stop until they are gone.Lack of sleep is no joke for anyone

5 Likes

Call the police and have the police call the landlord. Neighborhood nuisance is never an attractive complaint.

5 Likes

Don’t you people know how to read?? She clearly says in her post that her and the neighbors have reported these people several times and nothing was done. Stop commenting that she needs to call the police. Obviously that hasn’t worked and that’s why she’s asking for help.

5 Likes

In my city, the noise ordinance says that people have to be reasonably quiet between 10pm and I think like 7am. Maybe call the non-emergency police number for your area to get some info on noise rules in your area or for some assistance next time the neighbors are shitty.

Have you called the police,?

1 Like

You can’t be nice to people like that. File a police report

1 Like

Stop complaining on Facebook and call the police :roll_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

And continue calling the police until they respond.

1 Like

You should get a camera on your house, this way you have proof that they’re leaving garbage on your property. Call the police to make a complaint, but you also need to call your mayor of your town. Unfortunately with stuff like this you have to keep complaining. If you know who the landlord is, say something to the landlord.

2 Likes

Search alternative (not the typical police, landowner, etc) measures and people!!
Sometimes you have to fight fairly. Sadly the only way to deal with lowlifes is to act like a lowlife, that’s fighting fairly !
I’ve always gone by the “act crazier than they are and they will pass you by” :woman_shrugging:

call the police and if you know the owner of the rental house contact them. If they’re behaving that way outside the house they’re probably trashing the house on the inside too.

6 Likes

Get the neighbors, who have proof too, to contact the police, Mayor and City Manager, who are all obligated to help you citizens. The police are supposed to report to you the outcome of your complaint. You must keep after the “authorities”. Think about involving the local media if nothing else works and “shining the light” on the authorities. Elections will be coming up which may give you leverage. I’m sorry you have to deal with this. It sounds awful❗Good luck…

See this is where my petty would come out! They want to stay up all night making noise and being wreckless I would be waking up at 5 am and doing the same. Mowing, weed whacking, playing loud music. Everything they do at night id be doing early in the morning.

Call the police and get them for disturbing the peace and if they are on your property get them for trespassing. Contact the owner or have the police contact the owner of the rental property and show them the videos. If that doesn’t work go to the mayor, get the media involved that should get you some leverage.

If they are up late at night they must sleep in. Get yourself and your kiddos outside early making as much noise as possible. Sometimes a taste of their own medicine does the trick

6 Likes

Police. Every single night. After they come out, when they leave and the party starts back up, call again. Keep calling. Encourage your neighbors to call too. Call every time there is noise after 10pm. Call at 12am. Call at 2am. Call. Call Call. We had a similar problem only is was a drug/gang/party house. After months and months of calls the DEA finally got involved. The residents eventually got an eviction notice issued by the city for illegal drug activity.

2 Likes

Go to police station make formal complaint for your street in general ask for extra patrol car at hours like 10-? Nite maybe that will help you n nieghbors ??

Just record everything like everything and give it to the police

Sounds like a drug house to me.

Contact the landlord. I’m the type of bitch that would throw all their trash and the dead birds in their yard

7 Likes

Have you contacted the landlord of the property or the company who maintains the property?

1 Like

Your town may have a noise ordinance. In some cities they might be breaking animal cruelty laws. I don’t know if a restraining order could effect their behavior. They seem not to respond to your requests. Maybe there are legal remedies

This is called harrassment. Call police

1 Like

Lol I’m all for calling the police but after awhile I can get pretty vindictive, trash In my yard will go back in theirs along with all the dead birds, reving bikes late at night… nothing a bat can’t fix. If my daughter’s mad cause she can’t sleep I’m mad and if I’m mad everyone is about to be pist off to

Contact the landlord.

It can definitely be frustrating when you have neighbors who like to be loud and inconsiderate like doing loud projects after 8 or 9pm in my opinion that’s when people should have common courtesy to start being quiet but some people just don’t care or think. I am sorry that you are dealing with this I know exactly how frustrating it is. Maybe try having a conversation first then go from there and maybe see about contacting the police sounds like you’re being harassed more than just noise with the beer bottle throwing etc

Have the biggest baddest most epic house party that block has ever seen at 10am make sure you call that 1 friend that has them bad ass kids(we all have at least 1) then let the cards fall. Make sure you have the biggest speaker you can find and play 80s music all day.

2 Likes

Security cameras n lights so you can document everything before resorting to police… but have you talked with them? Not yell not be a bitch but actually talked to them about it. Sometimes a calm approach is best. Then if that doesn’t work bring the bitch out we all have in us.

1 Like

Try and get the landlord, see if they can kick them out

Find out what your noise ordinances are for your town & call the police. When being neighborly doesn’t work it is the only thing to do.
I own a condo in a building which allows short term vacation rentals, unfortunately most of the building are this type & only 4 of 12 of us actually live here. We get so fed up that the police are here 3-4 times a week because one of is has had enough. We have tried to talk to the owners of the rental units to no avail. Unfortunately because we are outnumbered, we cannot vote to have the short term rentals removed. Long story short, call the police.

You want cops now can’t have it both ways .

Keep calling the police.

1 Like

Mmmhmmm see I really can’t consult with bad advice. But dead animals on my property and trash would be sent back and hitting my house with objects is destruction of my property in my eyes. So I’d set up a camera tuck my car in my garage if you have one and play back. Bike plastics aren’t cheap should a bike just fall over neither are slit tires. And dog poop do you have a dog because I pick up my dogs poop but in certain scenarios like this I might be tempted to sling shit over my fence. And air guns on animals is animal abuse. Some birds are protected by law example a wood pecker. And if you don’t have a home security system or cameras and you aren’t an armed 2nd amendment civilian do not try any of those things. Because if retaliation is sought out against you it’s not worth it and you can put yourself and kids in harm.

Can can’t shoot and kill birds idk what state your in but that should be an issue. That’s animal cruelty.

Contact the rental property they rent from complaint call the police u have evidence. If all else fails have a.pitition signed by the other neighbour’s

1 Like

Call the cops.
Contact the landlord.
That’s really all you can do.

3 Likes

Shooting any gun in a residential area is illegal

Look up the address on Redfin or Zillow & contact the property owner directly. Also get the animal control involved.

1 Like

Check the laws about it where you live. Call law enforcement.

Get you a gun shoot it off when there being loud will put a stop right to it

Contact the town tax assessor or tax collector and ask them who owns it, the address they have on file for them where the tax bill gets mailed and a possible phone number.

Also call cops whenever they act crazy after town curfew. Call EVERY TIME. Keep records of everything.

2 Likes

All above suggestions along with council noise disturbance department

Contact the landlord of the home. Report to police, trespassing charges

15 Likes

There’s a noise ordinance so after a certain time I believe it’s 11:00 on Friday and Saturday nights and then the rest of the week it’s 10:00 p.m. you can call the non-emergency number and they will dispatch police out to the house that is causing the problems. You can also tell them that you want to stay anonymous that way when the neighbors ask who called the police they won’t tell them.

9 Likes

Call the cops and file a complaint

1 Like

Call the landlord and call the police literally EVERY time they do it and file a complaint every time. Believe me, either they’ll get sick of it and move, or the landlord will be forced to evict…

21 Likes

Talk to all the neighbors. Every single one of you call the non emergency police line and report it every single night that this happens. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

10 Likes

Look up city ordnance codes and laws that protect you private property in your county and file a small claims with all your evidence you will have to give them notice

1 Like

You should call the police after so many complaints they will reach out to the landlord 11:45 is not to late but after midnight I would call to report a disturbance

2 Likes

Also, what I did when I had a similar situation …I would start going over early in the morning and ring the doorbell to tell them something very insignificant. I would loudly do yard work first thing in the morning, I would make sure they didn’t get any sleep in the morning if I didn’t get any the night before. It ended the battle pretty quickly. They moved

30 Likes

911 doesn’t do any good?

3 Likes

Contact the landlord and I’d they do nothing tell them your gonna bring them to court with the videos but also call the police n make complaints. So they are in record I know it’s a pain n I was young n fun n a pain in the ass once too BUT we did respect our neighbors if they complained to us. And kids get up early blare baby shark n all kindsa kids stuff at like sunrise n let yr kids be loud n fun n see how they like it petty yes adulting at it’s finest

Ps bring all police report case numbers of how many times it’s been reported

1 Like

I’m sorry your dealing with this. I myself am dealing with rude neighbors as well. Both above me and next door. The ones above vacuum at 2am for hours and the ones next door rev their motorcycle at stupid hours like last night 1:30 am their reving the motorcycle right outside my 1 year olds window. I’ve called my landlord, their landlord. The cops, spoken to them my self. Had my brother speak to them. Nothing helps

I would pick up all the trash and dump it at their front door. I would try to contact a landlord and report the behavior.

3 Likes

Only way anything will get done is if you and your neighbors continue to call in at the same time. They will get sick of getting phone calls

5 Likes

You can file a report/complaint with the police then the laborers will be forced to take action of they don’t help you before hand.
But … Sis … Do I need to show up strapped?! Let me know.

Also record their shenanigans.

I would be making reports to police

Also it’s illegal to shoot songbirds and fire guns near houses. See if you can involve local animal control agencies or fish and game. Both have the power to arrest and/or fine people.

5 Likes

Did you call the police?

Look up the property owner on the auditor site and start making complaints directly to their landlord AND the police. I promise the landlord is only going to get real tired of neighbor complaints vs the cops!

8 Likes

Call the police and continue to file reports. Then I would take them to their landlord and show them proof of the issues you are having with them!

4 Likes

This is why I choose to live in the country .
I would keep calling all of the neighbors also everyday . Keep calling until they do something!

1 Like

Careful. I’ve watched too many episodes of ‘Fear thy neighbor’ I’d put all trash and dead birds on their front step

8 Likes

I know in Texas you can call police department for a noise complaint after 10pm

Call the cops on them, be a Karen! (Kidding) lol

1 Like

Sounds like you live next to my neighbors. I had the same issues with my old neighbors but the difference was these kids still lived at home and their parents was allowing it to happen. The only thing that they didn’t do was shooting birds but everything else yea they did it. What I did was when I would find their trash in my yard I would through it over the fence back into their yard. It really wasn’t much that I could do because they owned their home as well but what you can do is reach out to whoever is the landlord and maybe get a signed petition from all the neighbors stating what a nuisance they are

1 Like

Call the cops and tell them there being a disruption of the peace and a nice complaint and on top of that littering

Sounds like they are enjoying being young adults to me :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

Is this my neighbor kym?! Lmao let’s square up B !

Jk I’m not that terrible

3 Likes

Call the police every single time. Also I would get landlord info and give them a call too.

Call the cops for disturbing the peace, and littering on your property

Please be careful these sound like hooligans they may try to hurt or damage your property or you.

1 Like

find out who the land lord is and make a direct complaint…show him the evidence and if nothing still gets done file a complaint with the local police dept…KEEP COMPLAINING AND KEEP A TRACK RECORD

3 Likes

File a complaint with their landlord too.