My new boyfriend let his dog lick him in the face...am I overreacting?

I just went to my new boyfriends house to meet his family and they are huge dog lovers…i love dogs too but it really bothered me they let their dogs on the furniutre and one of them even let the dog lick them in the face…my boyfriend even let the dog lick him in the face and now idk how to feel about him…am i wrong for feeling this way…is this normal? i feel like its not normal for this to happen…its just so gross to me

1109 Likes

It’s not wrong to “feel” that way about letting a dog lick one’s face. Your feelings are your feelings.
Personally I do not find it gross at all.

I will say one thing, it is obvious you are not a dog lover, noticing about the dogs on the furniture, etc.

And so, I would say please, please, puuuuulleeeeze end your relationship with the new boyfriend.
You will both be better off. If you tell your boyfriend why you are ending things he will most probably be relieved. A dog person does not want to get involved with a non-dog person. He will be glad.

Personally, I do not trust people who do not like dogs, who try to keep dogs off the furniture, who do not consider dogs family members.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My new boyfriend let his dog lick him in the face...am I overreacting? - Mamas Uncut

Aren’t dogs mouths cleaner than humans?

6 Likes

LMAO you have got to be joking

6 Likes

It’s completely normal actually

4 Likes

Yikes, I think you’re super overreacting. Date someone who doesn’t have a dog

1 Like

Angela Golden Walker

Sounds like he’s not for you.

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with that

4 Likes

To each their own, but if this isn’t for you (I also feel ew, and I love my pets) then you need to let this man go.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t let him be kissing me till he cleaned up

5 Likes

Tell him that you think this is fowl!
Not in front of his family obviously.

Omg! Are you for real???

6 Likes

Tell me this is a joke…

7 Likes

I think it’s gross, but lots of people think it’s normal. I definitely wouldn’t kiss him. :grimacing:

19 Likes

Dogs expressing his love…

4 Likes

It’s the no dogs on the furniture for me. Fuck outta here! The dog was here first. Asshole.

Pretty nOrmal I think… However, I alsO think it’s freaking grOss… *

Then maybe you thought you liked dogs

4 Likes

Ria Horua-Riddell you better leave me the dog licked my face :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

u cant say u love dogs and and feel the way u do

16 Likes

Uhhhhh completely normal pet/owner behaviour unless he is letting the dog lick him in places that is not his face……

9 Likes

Wow! You really hate pets to be that serious about them. Never own one! You would never make it feel like family. I say this as my dog snores between me and my husband. I love my dog. She’s another child to us.

16 Likes

Your reaction grossed me out…
Do him a favour and leave. He can do better.

25 Likes

That’s perfectly normal to most people. Some people don’t like it, especially if they aren’t very fond of animals. But most of us love our pets as family members and welcome their affection :hugs:

7 Likes

Remind him that dog’s also lick their butts. That’s a big no for me.

12 Likes

Definitely need to find a non dog lover family lol

5 Likes

Lol, yeah I couldn’t do it either girl. That’s a no from me. Especially don’t be trying to kiss me after allaaaat :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Am I being punk’d? Where’s Ashton Kutcher? Get yo butt out here ashton!

Seriously ??? Get over it misses & move on :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Your boyfriend should run…fast and far.

24 Likes

What the actual fuck… Is this a joke post?

If you feel that way and you don’t want to be flexible with that then you should find someone more aligned. It’s the small things made big that grind gears over time.

2 Likes

You don’t love dogs then. My dad’s dog attacked me with kisses today. It’s a dog!

20 Likes

Op clearly a cat owner :woozy_face::joy::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Sorry if my son bought a girl home that did like our dogs being affectionate and laying on my bed then she would be part.of his life for long ha ha

9 Likes

My daughter has a cat and she is allowed wherever we are allowed

If this bothers you this much, you’re not the right girl for him. Ffs just free him now.

26 Likes

Seriously, thats his “kid”! :joy::joy::joy: his dog is going to lick his face​:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Have you lived under a rock? It’s normal for dog owners and pet owners to do this!!! U have serious issues :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

If you don’t like animals you probably shouldn’t be with someone who loves dogs

21 Likes

He needs to just throw your whole ass away, your the one who has the problem. Js

Sorry baby but my dogs are next to me all the time the sleep in my bed the sit where they want. They are my babies

9 Likes

Your no animal lover he is not for u. I bet u do things which he wud think disgusting

4 Likes

Sorry …this relationship not going to work , being a total animal lover ,no one telling me I cannot love furbabies , they can’t be on the furniture , you not on the same paths and obviously do not have the love this beautiful family have for animals , which by the way means they are amazing people …my opinion…

23 Likes

My dog literally sleeps in my bed. I feel like you’re over reacting. If you’re questions you’re relationship because of a dog on the furniture and a slobbery dog kiss…you’re not the one.

24 Likes

I mean, I don’t let my dogs lick me on the face, but sometimes they sneak one. :smirk: as far as the dogs on furniture, the dog lives there, you don’t, if you don’t like it, don’t visit. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

I think it’s gross for a dog to lick someone’s face. I know someone on fb and she posted a video the other day where the dog is licking her whole face and even licking her mouth/lips and she was just laughing and letting the dog do it. It was so gross to me. I love dogs, but don’t believe they should be licking peoples faces after they lick god knows what :woman_shrugging:

22 Likes

my dog licks my face all the time, gets on our couch, and even sleeps with us when she wants. She’s one of are kids! :dog2::heartpulse:

11 Likes

Get a new boyfriend no pets :joy:

4 Likes

My ex and his Mom would let the dogs lick their faces and mouths, I thought it was so nasty lmao I had dogs my whole life but never on the mouth haha

3 Likes

My partner and I have a doggo and she ADORES him and he ADORES her it’s who can kiss who first in our household :joy: it’s not like they are licking each other sometimes she will be cheeky and lick his mouth when he is talking but he wipes it off, no big deal here

1 Like

I have a dog and he’s very much loved, but he’s not allowed to lick me or the kids in the face. That’s gross. He lick his penis and arse with that tongue and I’d prefer for it to not be put on mine or my kids face :confounded::rofl:

I wouldn’t ever let a dog lick my face. I think it’s gross. But I mean if they have dogs and that’s what they allow…

It’s normal for most dog lovers. So either get used to him being okay with (and allowing) it, or find someone to be with that also agrees that it’s gross. You’re welcome to tell him how you feel, but don’t expect him to change his views. If you’re not compatible, then you’re not compatible. Can’t change people to fit your mold.

14 Likes

You guys aren’t going to work out lol

17 Likes

I know this is a troll post… so… stfu

Get a boyfriend who doesn’t have pets so that your current can find someone who appreciates fur babies like he does… smh.

41 Likes

You literally sound ridiculous. I hope your boyfriend finds better than you, which obviously wouldn’t be hard

15 Likes

Tell me you’ve not owned an animal without telling me you’ve owned an animal… this is completely normal behavior from a human when owning or around animals in a day to day basis

18 Likes

You sound miserable af. Boyfriend keep your dog, dump her.

7 Likes

You’re not an animal lover. Him and his dog deserve someone who actually loves animals.

10 Likes

That is their way of giving kisses.

5 Likes

You are the one not normal… him and the dogs deserve better!

6 Likes

Probably best to part ways.

3 Likes

Yes you are wrong it’s their house their rules and they are dog people so either get used to it or hit the road sister. Dogs are family and if you can’t accept family then don’t be in it.

12 Likes

These are my babies. They are on my couches, kitchen chairs, bed and they give me kisses all the time. They are the sweetest dogs I have ever had.

So break up with him. You obviously do not mix with him or his family.

17 Likes

How old are u seriously grow up

3 Likes

Sounds like a boring trip to the bedroom with you

5 Likes

Hope your boyfriend finds someone better than you!

21 Likes

Oh lort. Ya gotta go. For his sake.

6 Likes

So weird that you feel this way

5 Likes

Ew… one time I seen my dog eat her own poo. There’s so many people that like that kinda stuff then so be it :woman_shrugging:t4::joy::nauseated_face:

3 Likes

My dogs have full use of furniture in my house, she prefers her pillow on the couch when I’m up & about or curled up in bed with me! If you visit my house, it’s her home! Personally, I don’t encourage licking but she seriously has major problems controlling her licker :laughing:! My last 2 dogs have been helped to fill the empty nest of my children growing up & starting their own lives, she helps make my house a home! You are definitely not a dog person so I would say move on based on that.

12 Likes

It’s a normal part of dog ownership to me. I love my dogs. To me this is a deal breaker because you are obviously different in this area. Neither of you are in the wrong, just different and if it’s gross to you then it’s a dealbreaker.

16 Likes

dog hater i take it. your the one with a problem.id dump you in a flash

5 Likes

The dog can lick him all he wants. Just don’t kiss Me til you clean your face . :smirk:

2 Likes

Wow…yea let your bf find a true dog lover cause it ain’t you!

6 Likes

Wow girl think you need a bit of a reality check if I were you it’s best not to date someone that’s a animal lover.

9 Likes

Thus is the most ridiculous complaint I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Its their house so they can allow animals
on their furniture. Also, the whole licking I have never understood. To let an animal lick you in your face is disgusting to me. They kick themselves, some eat feces, it’s so gross. I have one dog and 3 cats, I don’t mind them on the furniture, but this is a no lick zone. Just don’t kiss him after wards until he washes his fave and brushes his teeth.

1 Like

He deserves someone better than you for sure

6 Likes

Lmfao let him go, he deserves better

5 Likes

The hell?? If I were in his shoes, I’d have a problem with you. Pets are family members. Does he make you sit on the floor? Get over it or leave so he can find someone who actually loves dogs. Oh, I don’t let my dogs lick my face, but it doesn’t upset me when other people do.

11 Likes

You are obviously not a dog lover. Most of us let our dog on the furniture and even give us a kiss on the face. If it bothers you, leave

2 Likes

I let my dog lick my face just not my mouth and she is allowed on the couch and bed. It doesnt bother us at all. She is like my second child lol if this is a big enough issue for you then best leave the relationship because when yall move in together and get a pet im sure conflict will rise and neither of you will budge. This is literally why i always say couple should discuss the overlooked things about daily life because something might be a deal breaker. Better yall have the conversation now instead of when you already dumped your savings into a place.

2 Likes

It grosses me out too .

2 Likes

I don’t let my dogs lick my face, but my husband does - just a personal preference. My infection control doctor told me a dog’s mouth is cleaner than a humans.

3 Likes

That means he’ll have dogs sleeping in yalls bed - y’all aren’t equally yoked

8 Likes

Y’all never find nasty to suck :eggplant:, lick :cat: or eat :peach: but “a dog is nasty” lmfaooo stfu :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I find it totally disgusting. My dear friend was a Vet and shared with me about some of the
facts about how dogs and cats can carry nasty parasites in their fur. Made me decide to never have either in my home. Their paws alone carry germs… ahhhh no thanks. I’m OCD and get appalled at how dirty a home gets
WITHOUT an animal in it.

2 Likes

I’d rather kiss the dog too :rofl:

You’d have a heart attack at my house.:joy:

3 Likes

I have 2 cats and they are always allowed on the furniture. As for the licking in the face I think is wrong but why shouldn’t they allow them on the furniture? If you are that worried about it then you shkuldbt have pets

2 Likes

Oh wow… Dogs are family.

3 Likes

Yes dogs mouths are cleaner than yours and he kisses you… so poor dog

1 Like

My animals are allowed on furniture and allowed to give kisses. If someone didn’t like it, sorry to say, but the doors not far away.

15 Likes

We let all of our animals on the furniture, our babies are part of the family and will be treated as such. My cat will crawl up my leg and give kisses and hugs and our dog stands on his hind legs to give hugs and kisses as well. To us our babies are our family

3 Likes

My two babies are sleeping in between my husband and I. We both let our dogs lick our faces. We love them more than we love most humans. If anyone has a problem with my dogs licking my face and being on the furniture, they can exit my home. That includes people who want me to put my dogs outside when they come over with thier kids. My dogs are part of the family. I treat them the same way i do my kids. And my dogs are far more well behaved than my kids.
Sounds like your bf needs to find another gf who is on his level.

5 Likes