My parents are kicking me and my kids out, I don't make enough money to do it on my own

A few years? And you didn’t try to save up or get any kind of assistance with housing?! :woman_facepalming:t3:

8 Likes

I find it difficult to believe they haven’t said anything prior to, or shared their thoughts with you regarding the living arrangements.
With that said, either way at this point you gotta kick it in gear and find another alternative. In the long run it will be better, especially if there is currently negative stuff going on between you and your parents. Even though it may be hard, your kids will be proud seeing their parent succeed!

7 Likes

As a parent who had a child/grandchildren live with us (and I mean no disrespect) but we need our life back. There are many ways to seek help, child support, temporary aid to needy families, churches, food banks. The help is there if you seek it, best wishes!

12 Likes

I would try apartments that go off your income! That might be the best option. :grin:

3 Likes

Apply for housing assistance. Here it’s called hud. Each state must have their own version of rental assistance for low income families. There are usually housing projects also. And 4 kids…where is dad and why isn’t he paying child support to help with the roof over their heads? This shouldn’t be all on you

5 Likes

Sounds like they allowed you to stay with them because you had no where else to go but expected you to be an adult and figure things out. Since you haven’t, now they’re essentially forcing you. Their are low housing programs though those normally take a while to get in, some states offer help with child care, welfare, child support. Look at your bank statement, it’s possible you can make it but spend your money on things you don’t need. Start also looking for higher paying jobs.

11 Likes

As a parent of
Two grown sons and a grown nephew(who currently lives here again), that keep
Moving in and out, it’s not easy living with adult children. They have their life style, we have ours. They don’t mix well. We have two teens still at home snd the adult boys act like they’re the parents, which caused even more problems. Save your money and find a place of
Your own. I know it’s not easy, but there are ways to do it.

6 Likes

Child support X 4 plus working

3 Likes

“I’ve done it so long bc they are in bad health and need me”
That is obviously false. Government assistance and more work. You don’t actually state how much you do work.

10 Likes

You’ve had 4 years and you haven’t bettered your situation? You pay them rent right?

2 Likes

i work two jobs. it’s hard but i do what i need to do afford by home.

1 Like

I imagine it must be hard on them too. If they are not in good health to have you and 4 kids living there and you working must be very hard on them. I can understand their feelings. Surely it is time for you to stand on your own and show your kids and yourself that you can do it. Not sure where you live but can you advertise if welfare is not an option?

8 Likes

What’s the full story here?

6 Likes

Apply for low income housing, your rent will be based on income. Apply for benefits at social services. They can help with food, medical assistance, and child care assistance. Have faith in yourself. This hard situation is making you stronger. You can do this on your own! You are a badass!

Depending where you live, apply for affordable housing or something in that nature. They’ll help you, maybe even help with the damage deposit. And because you have children, it should be a quick process. Good luck!

After a few years you should be more than ready to leave. Your parents deserve peace too, look up low income housing. Food banks. Other types of help.

11 Likes

Apply for housing and looking for low income apartment/housing until you can get on your feet

My question is… why are they kicking their daughter and grandkids out? There is more to the story apparently. Probably very good reasoning I would hope.
I know as a single mom of 4, it is hard to work and have a babysitter. So yes saving up isn’t very helpful but I would look into income based apartments or a better paying job if you have to.

1 Like

Go to Dhhr sign up on hud explain your dilemma apply for link babysitter. Food card. Housing #1 issue ask what housing they have available

3 Likes

You should apply for low income housing you should qualify

Look into housing assistance/income based housing

get a second job, your kids your choice

4 kids??? You should think yourself lucky THEY put up with you!!! Get your own place and let your parents have time on their own!!! Selfish!!!

20 Likes

Probably got nothing to do with what you give them it’s probably your kids driving them nuts why they want you to leave :joy: Lmao :rofl:

8 Likes

It’s too much for them. Though you feel you’re helping four youngsters is alot on their health. Work more and if you qualify for assistance get it. You need to consider your parents and they deserve some peace and quiet at this point

8 Likes

I’m dying here. They need you but they want you out. No they don’t need you. That’s not why you’ve stayed. It’s still not good enough. Cry me a river.

14 Likes

Goodlord why have so many kids you can’t afford. Parents aren’t suppose to raise you and your kids.

14 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re going through such a hard time. No advice. Good vibes and prayers for you.

3 Likes

Set an example for your kids and stop mooching off your parents.

10 Likes

Im with everyone else. There is housing assistance plus food stamps and Medicaid and all kinds of help. You shouldnt have stayed there with so many kids for so long. Maybe hit up those kid’s dads for support money? Good Lord…Id also go ahead and get fixed. I have 2 kids that drive me up the wall and that is with a husband.4 by yourself?! Dont need anymore. With no one but your parents home with them while you work,they are probably driving your parents nuts. Lol. Reason why being kicked out. Be lucky got to stay that long…If nothing else can go to shelter snd they can let yall stay there until you get a higher paying job…

11 Likes

You might have to do what a lot of single moms do. Get a 2nd job. You can also look into food stamps and public housing.

5 Likes

I went to a shelter, found another job, have been couch surfing, finally found an affordable unit… it takes time.

3 Likes

Low income housing apartments

House assistance is the best advice I can give

You never know what someone else is going through. Wishing blessings for you and your babies and rooting for your success.

7 Likes

It’s your parents Job to raise you to be a responsible adult then it’s your responsibility to take care of yourself and your children. Being a responsible Adult is hard, being a parent is hard. Better check into your local human services they can point you in the right direction to becoming SELF SUFFICIENT. Good luck

11 Likes

Ok… talk about judgemental people. 🤦… You need to sit down and talk to your parents. Find out exactly why. Are you just afraid to be on your own? Do you truly feel your helping them? These are questions you really should ask yourself. Being a single parent is hard but you got this momma…

9 Likes

She asked for advice,some intelligent responses and all I am reading are condescending remarks. She needs help in who to call to get the needed help. If you can’t help— then keep your nasty remarks to yourselves.

15 Likes

2 Likes

I wish all you people could actually see first hand on what this actually feels like. You guys judge and say cruel shit for no reason. She didn’t fucking ask for ANY OPINIONS as far as I read. She asking for actual answers that will get her somewhere not even fucking deeper in a hole, I’m sure she feels she is in. Y’all have no clue what it’s like. Stop fucking JUDGING PEOPLE WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING but the little she did say. I barely get on Facebook because of this shit. And hunny, I’ve been there in all different ways all for my children to keep them safe then be shit on yet again and again. Msg me if you need to talk!

Trust me it does not look that way now, but you will thank them later.

2 Likes

The woman asked for help and suggestions not be attacked

6 Likes

Y’all seem to think houses are cheap. She may not be able to buy a house but that does not mean her parents are raising those kids.

3 Likes

There must be some kind of help for you in your area. Even if you have to go via a refuge route to get there, sometimes you’ve got to start at the bottom. You’ve got to want to do it though or it won’t happen, it’s scary but you need to be brave for your kids. Good luck :relaxed:

1 Like

For everyone jumping this lady id like to address a few things 1 her kids pr rather the number of kids she has thats not really anyones business things dont work out,people get divorced,etc. Not like she can put them back or rehome them,they’re kinda permanent. As far as a better job,she left an abusive ex maybe she did have a better paying job but took a lesser paying job to escape the abuse. Or maybe it was the kids that were being abused. She really didnt say. But lets go on to public housing i know in my area theres at least a 2yr wait for public housing. Also the shelters in my area only allownyou.to stay for so long. So is she supposed to sleep in her car&not be able to provide proper shelter for her kids&risk cps taking them? Im not saying her parents are supposed to raise her kids either. Im saying its really easy to say what you would do until you are in that situation. Also the child support,they have to find him first. Maybe hes like my father&works until the child support starts getting taken out of his check&quits or he works under the table. My oldest sons Dad was only able to be ordered to pay $50 a month as that would have put him too far below the poverty line for him to live. I got 35 cents in child support for one month,my son was 20 when his father died. I want to say I got a total of $50? from the time my son was 8 until 18

8 Likes

She’s asking for opinions for help on how to move. She didn’t ask you to judge her. Fucking prick. Back off. Clearly she’s already stressed.

What state are u in if Colorado try family homestead they’ll help with housing ASAP

1 Like

Some of y’all, I swear…:woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2: she ask for advice, not for this mofos who live in a glass house with no skeletons in their closet. If you can’t be the solution, why even open y’all mouth? People forgot to be humans first, SPECIALLY her parents. I have a grandson and I can’t see them living in the street. No matter what they are going tru. We raised out children to the world, but life ain’t perfect and if our children needs help why can’t we help them? :woman_facepalming:t2::woman_facepalming:t2::triumph::triumph::rage::rage:. And wonder why some others cultures are United. Smmfh.

10 Likes

They cant force you to leave without an eviction notice and most of America has am eviction ban

4 Likes

I would sit your parents down and get reasons why they’re having you leave. I know as a parent I would never do this to my child let alone grandkids. Y’all need to work together as a family until you get back on your feet.

4 Likes

Confusing. You say you are there to help them bc they need you. But sounds like maybe you need them…?
Maybe they are doing more for you and the kids than you’re doing for them.
Id sit down and talk and see what the issue is. Are you doing all the chores laundry cleaning groceries cooking etc?
If they want you out as you say, then sounds like youre not there helping.
They want their space back! Which is understandable.

Id never be able to live with mine especially as a parent lol we’d butt heads too much!
Wish you luck its not easy and its so expensive right now. Maybe find a local page and post that youre looking for a roommate maybe another single parent that you could rent a house with :woman_shrugging:
Best of luck

Y’all these comments are sad and judgemental. I guess some people seem to think parents are no better than strangers these days. She clearly wants to move out but said she’s not making enough. She’s taking care of 4 kids age isn’t mentioned but it must be hard. Give her ideas, those negative comments are a bit too much.

6 Likes

Did they tell you to leave or are your emotions getting the better of you? I had been there. That’s why I ask. Are they being a bit overbearing? (Or so it feels?). Sit down and talk it out before going extreme.

Apply for low income housing in your area and look for landlords that take section 8. That will help a lot.

2 Likes

Quit feeling sorry for yourself. Apply for every bit of help you Can and work 2
Jobs If you need to. It’ll be hard for a while but you’ll pull through and be good

1 Like

If you have a steady income look towards a house with what you have saved up and affordable thereafter. Talk to your parents about a timeframe they’ll work with, if you have to, get another job I know it’s hard I hustled 3 jobs myself with my kiddo after a domestic dispute and it was so hard but so rewarding in the end. I’m not saying a shelter will in fact get you a place immediately but you could go speak to them about your situation, you’re working you have 4 kids and trying to better your life and theirs but you’ve hit a wall and need help. They usually have other resources if they cannot help themselves. Local DHHR is also one to speak to. Possibly if the children have close friends in school see if they can buddy up a night or two and have a sleepover at their friends while you work later. There’s so many routes don’t throw in the towel. You got this, chin up momma

2 Likes

Ring your local concil… you be entiled to hap rinf vdp and cutuzens advise. To find out entitlements

The “don’t judge me” ass bitches are the ones always needing help never succeeding lol :joy:

Maybe low income housing. Ours has a waiting list for emergency.

Apply for HUD… But that will prob take a quite a while. See what other government programs u can be be approved of.
Try to comperise with your parents.
I’m sorry mama… You and your kids are in my prayers.

1 Like

You can do it. Just tell yourself throughout the day everything always works out for me and stay positive something will break through and you will be ok.

2 Likes

Housing assistance programs near you, homelessness shelters, efficiency hotels/suites are all options you can look into

1 Like

Talk to your parents tell them you are doing your best & meanwhile apply for all programs you can, also talk to the churches in your area, sometimes they can help. Stay strong, you got this!!!

1 Like

I really feel for her. Has 4 kids to take care of and no where to go. People dont understand unless they are put in that situation them selves. It is hard for a women trying to make as much as she can working. And it’s still not enough to pay rent and support kids now days. You can get on public housing or section-8 but you have to be on a long waiting list for it. I wish I knew of some advise to give her. But I dont. I know if it was my daughter and grandkids I couldn’t do that to them.

7 Likes

Apply for low income housing you may have to get on waiting list, but that will show your parents that you are trying to get on your own. It could be that with your parents are getting older they still love all of you, but just need to be alone. Try to apply for ebt card to help with food for you and children, that may give you a little extra money to start saving for your own place. Good luck to all of you

7 Likes

Go to a shelter for women and their children. They should be able to help you find housing.

1 Like

You have no choice but to make it. You get a second job and find someone to watch your kids while you work. You have to make ends meet.
Apply for every assistance program you can find. There are surveys you can take online to make money. Ten bucks here five bucks there but it adds up to pay a bill. There are ways to make extra money you just have to hunt it down and hustle. You can waitress and live off your tips. You can Uber, Uber eats, in your off house from your 9 to 5: lean on friends if you have them. Make a local post on FB and trade services like cleaning for child care/ I’ll clean your home if you watch my kids for so many hours. I did it, you can too. I saved cans, that’s 46 bucks was a tank of gas every month.
You have to change the way you think and start thinking of ways to get out and stop thinking I can’t, start thinking how can I

7 Likes

Any child support? Four children are a lot to manage when you are at work. It’s one thing to help an adult son or daughter through a rough patch, but after several years, you need a place of your own. Check in w your state agencies for financial assistance.

8 Likes

Blessings to you. I’ve been shown tough love threw out my life as a adult I appreciate that lesson. Don’t underestimate yourself turn your frustration into motivation its hard for most people to get by nowadays you got this sit down with your parents and see if they can give a 3 month dead line to make living arrangements.

6 Likes

You tell your parents they shouldn’t have had you if they can’t take care of you and the beautiful creations you made.

Seriously though, I hope something miraculous happens for you and you’re able to get your own place for you and your babies.

8 Likes

Apply for every resource you can!! That’s what they are there for and it’s not just you you have to worry about housing !!

After 4 YEARS, you could have already done HUD/income based housing, saved for at least 6 months rent, i mean…taxes…child support ×4 …working…come on now!
Plus all the stimmies and the monthly now.
I work currently at arbys, 9.65 a hour. And take care of 5 ppl. Nah it can be done.
Sounds like they tired of the bs

32 Likes

Move in with a flatmate?

1 Like

I feel like there has to be more to it. If they need your help like you say why are they kicking you and their grandkids out? Where is the ex? Are they doing their part? Sounds like you want validation for being there. How old are the kids? Are your parents watching the kids?

6 Likes

Go to ur local council and fill out a homeless application they then will emergency accommodate u and ur kids it may be a b and b or a temp house for now but it’s a route u will have to go down and then u would get help with housing bennefit depending on wat hours u work ect but yeh that the way to go and while u were staying at ur mums u should have saved some money could have saved loads by now unless u were planning on staying forever i would have saved while staying there in the mean time u could also get ur mum to write u a letter to go with ur housing application with her saying u can’t stay there anymore ect that will also be a massive help and I have been there myself its hard at first but so worth it in the end wen u have ur own home u could also get ur kids in a nursery or school and work extra or get childcare or u could also work from home in the evenings wen kids are in bed there are always ways it may not be wat u want but it will work out in the end if u work part time u would get help with some bills like housing bennefit ect child bennefit so that could be worth working part time for now until u get back on ur feet make a plan and do it first step speak to ur local housing i understand ur mum and dad not wanting u all there especially if their not in good health that’s alot of pressure on them they prob want their own space again which is understandable tien to get back on ur feet girl

3 Likes

You can do it. Save every cent you have for bond n rent. Youve had a few years to think about it and save so be more mindful of the budget and focus.
Sit down with your parents and ask for 3months leeway to save. Spend as much time out of the house as you can to avoid conflict and save! Look for programs that can help.you as a single.mum of 4 kids you should be able to source some help.

2 Likes

you can do it, There are programs available to help, utilize them. Maybe it also won’t hurt to get some child support if you already haven’t

2 Likes

You say in one part toi stayed so long because they need you??? How long have you been staying with your parents? And are you really sure, “they need you” or is this something you have told everyone as an excuse to live with them and you said it so much now you believe it? Because I have seen that more than once. There is always other options. Section 8, government housing, vouchers for housing, and the list goes on. You say you have 4 kids. It’s really really hard for old or older people to take dealing with 4 kids 24/7. I really think it’s time you get your own place and stop making excuses. Go apply for all low income housing in your area.

9 Likes

In most states, you can dial 211 to get a list of available resources in your county.

1 Like

I’m sure dealing with that many children for four years has been rough for your elderly parents. I don’t blame them. You say you stayed so long bc of their bad health but also said you can’t afford to live on your own so be honest with yourself as to why you really stayed. It seems like the better option for everyone for you to apply to low income housing and move out. Are you not getting at least 1000 a month for child tax credit until December? Ask your parents to give you until then to save up as much money as possible. Ans if they disagree, know that they legally have to give you 30 days and serve an eviction notice . (Or at least that’s the case in my state)

6 Likes

Woman up and take care of your own kids.

12 Likes

I have a friend who has 5 kids, one has autism… who had to move into a motel. You can do it and you can get help from the state and even local churches. Check in your area.

9 Likes

I was a teen mom of 2 and still lived on my own. I work 70 hours a week, not because I want to but because I owe it to my kids to give them the best life possible. Hell I even bought a place for my parents to live , Pay their bills and mine. It’s not a matter of “I can’t do it”. It’s will you do it. And no my job doesn’t pay amazing or is it glorious. I literally get paid $14 and hour to shovel shit and get yelled at all day.

Apply for emergency housing in your state

7 Likes

Does your ex support his kids? How about government assistance? Your parents shouldn’t be expected to support you for life!

7 Likes

Find that baby daddy and get child support.
They technically can’t just kick u out but time to apply for assistance.

5 Likes

Honestly you should have applied for public housing years ago because where I live most stuff like section 8 and public housing has a 1-2 year waiting list

5 Likes

Are you getting child support for your four children? If not, you need to go to court!! When people reach a certain age, it’s hard for their nerves to take dealing with 4 children. Older folks need their down time!!

9 Likes

Old people get bitchy. Just tell them your looking and keep kids away at evening hours. They can’t handle the action of moving kids. It actually gives them anxiety. Try that

Haven’t you been saving the stimulus checks if you’re working. They’ve sent out at least a couple thousand already and If you have four kids you should be getting like double. That’s should be more than enough for a deposit on a place

11 Likes

Get an extra job to be able to make it. Stop burdening your elderly parents with four kids. They have been kind enough to give you a home for a few years and obviously they’re fed up. In other words, get your :poop: together.

12 Likes

You can try the tad office. They really help you through the whole thing If you do it right. Food childcare I even heard they will help pay deposit to get you into a place. The help and the programs are out there but some you have to work through and jump through hoops. It is what it is but it is worth it to get the help and stepping stones so you can eventually do it on your own

2 Likes

I am sure that when they let you move in it was not a permanent situation in their mind. You need to keep the children away from them. Find someone else to watch them while you work and figure out somewhere else to live. This includes getting child support and alimony if available. You may also be able to get other types of aid like SNAP and subsidized housing. It is not your parents responsibility to let you live with them

7 Likes

I can’t believe how nasty most of these comments are! She has asked for help and all we can do is put her down! Shouldn’t we as women stand together and support each other? Maybe she doesn’t know about the help for housing that’s out there. I diffinately didn’t. We don’t know exactly what it’s like until we in that situation so instead of telling her to give her kids away, let’s support her. To this young lady, I wish you all the best and hope you get the help you need :hugs::two_hearts:

14 Likes

Praying for you. God will help…ask and you shall receive. For food. Go to church food banks.

4 Likes

Wish u luck never easy I raised 4 kids on my own

2 Likes

Get in touch with your county services they can give you a bunch of different resources for places to move, section 8 or housing, to help with rent, gas, electricity, depending on what your needs are. Sometimes if you apply for assistance they make you go through child support and such idk what that situation is like but they can lead you In the right direction

7 Likes

Get housing at safe heaven they go off of income. It took me a year to get into one but so worth it. Sorry I didn’t see what town your in.

1 Like

Call 211 and see if you qualify for homeless prevention or rapid rehousing dependant on your area

8 Likes

Welfare will put you up in an apartment and food stamps

2 Likes