My parents don't want me visiting their house, what should I do?

Give them a break. We all deserve a break from people kids or not.

If ur sister and her kids are there all the time and u go there everyday I bet they do want a break! Who wants someone at their house 24/7 even if they are their kidsā€¦. Yā€™allā€™s grown they did their job and just want some piece and quiet sometimesā€¦. Get a jobā€¦ make friends with the neighborsā€¦. Somethingā€¦
No reason to be hurt over itā€¦

3 Likes

OMG pop the tit an be an adultā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl: the shit this site posts cracks me up!!

Why is it as motherā€™s we ask others for space but when weā€™re asked to give space we get hurt? Give them a break. Learn to be alone. Went straight from momā€™s house to a husband. And too afraid to be aloneā€¦ you couldnā€™t dye your hair at home as that provides a mess in itself?

8 Likes

Maybe get a job so you arenā€™t so bored or take your mum out sometimes. He may just not want people in his house all the time but dont stop seeing your mum

3 Likes

She is your Mom. Take her out somewhere (coffee, lunch, walk at a park etc) and talk to her. The truth might sting from time to time but is not going to scar. A heart to heart with her and then come up with a plan & be respectful. I would not even mention your Sister at all, that is between them. Sending you bright healing blessings and good vibes

9 Likes

sounds like its all him not mom so call mom n take her out to lunch without s-dad n hell get his space ha

I would talk to your mom privately and see how she feels. Maybe she just wants a little space to herself for a bit. Or maybe she didnā€™t say anything at all. Better to talk to her directly. :heart:

3 Likes

Stay away for awhile!

Talk to your sister and see if she has been told anything then talk to your mum

1 Like

Stop going over there and when mom calls to ask why tell her.

1 Like

Iā€™ll add, it would be good to discuss with your husband about possibilities to move to a safer place.

2 Likes

Tell your mom thatā€™s not right

1 Like

Could you volunteer at your kidsā€™ school or at some local non-profits? Take some college courses at a community college (even if itā€™s not for credit)?

I would 100% be saying something to your mum. Just along the lines of 'hey mun if theres ever an issue, please know that i respect your feelings and you can talk to me yourself" type of thingā€¦
Your step dad sounds ridiculous saying that to you and then telling you not to tell your motherā€¦ like thereā€™s a chance he is doing it because its a but juch for your mum, but also he shoukd not be interfering in your motherā€™s relationship with youā€¦

6 Likes

I have two grown children and my daughter is over with her kids daily! I love her and my grand babies more than life itā€™s self but understand where they are coming from. I wish mine would limit the days she comes over. I work full time, baby sit while she works and have no time to my self. As we get older itā€™s much harder to keep up the house and kids.

7 Likes

I feel really sad for you! I canā€™t imagine this! My mom always has welcomed my son and I with open arms and my step dad as well. They would love it if we came all day everyday! Iā€™m sorry that heā€™s said that to you and that they feel this way. I would also talk to your mom about it because sounds like maybe your stepdad is just saying this because itā€™s how he feels not her!

2 Likes

Child if you donā€™t go talk to your momma and ask if this is how she feel remember hes step dad that your mom get over there

1 Like

As someone whoā€™s mom or dad would never, Iā€™m so sorry your feelings are hurt rn. Does your dad normally speak for your mom or do you guys have convos that are usually ā€œdonā€™t tell your momā€ worthy? Even if my dad did say this to me, Iā€™d def go to my mama and ask whatā€™s going on. Do you live with other people so you donā€™t feel safe?

Talk to your mom. Who cares if this upsets your step-dad. He probably is the one that doesnā€™t want you to visit and claims itā€™s your mom.

1 Like

Donā€™t ask them for help. This was probably hard for them. Stay away until your Mom calls, if she wonders why, tell her the truth.

3 Likes

You should talk to ur mom in person alone cause I was at my mommas house every day til parents moved out of state and now shes been gone 6 yrs. And I ur momma I dont think has no idea he said that

Could it be maybe that is how he feels and thatā€™s why he doesnā€™t want you to say anything to your mom?

4 Likes

I would talk to your mom just to clear it up if she doesnt want u over there all the time but just from the sound of it dont tell your mom kinda makes me think its more him an not ur mom ā€¦

1 Like

OOC: text ā€œdo you feel up to company today Mom?ā€

2 Likes

Definitely talk to your mom. If you were my daughter that is exactly what I would want for you to do.

5 Likes

Tell her . Maybe he should leave once in awhile

1 Like

Te donā€™t tell your mom I said this is a huge red flag in my book! Like itā€™s how he feels and not her. I would just casually bring it up to her and see what she says

1 Like

Maybe he wants time for himselfā€¦ā€¦with someone else besides your mom???Sure makes me wonder what his problem isā€¦ā€¦

Your stepdad could be lying saying she is saying stuff like that. If you have a good relationship with your mom, Iā€™d ask her without your stepdad there.

1 Like

Mention it to her in front of him that you respect their request to not visit so much and respect their privacy , hmmmm bit suspicious of the step dad and looking after your sisters kids could this be why he donā€™t want you there everyday, hope nothing sinister is happening.

3 Likes

Tell your mom. Sounds to me like he has an issue with you coming over.

Donā€™t visitā€¦.and tell your mom

The fact that your dad said donā€™t mention this to your mum means she has no idea about whatā€™s been said. She probably wouldnā€™t want that. However thatā€™s between your parents. If your mum asks tell her donā€™t lie to her

2 Likes

Sounds like he may be up to no good, especially not being able to ask your mom. I think daddy might have a playmate. Mention it to mom. My parents complain I donā€™t visit enough.

If your mom really said that he wouldnā€™t have said for you not to bring it up to her, he sounds like a narcissist not getting enough attention and heā€™s trying to isolate your mom from you. Let someone tell me not to see my mom lol, you were there first remember that, youā€™re HER baby remember that. No mother worth her salt ever wants her kids to be away from her, no matter the kids age. Donā€™t let him do this to your family!

2 Likes

Would def have an open and honest talk with your mom, I canā€™t imagine a mother saying that

2 Likes

Tell your Mother ASAP!
Screw this arsehole heā€™s your stepfather,how dare he tell you not to come over+then not to tell your Mother he told you???
I tell him to go to GO straight to HELL quick fast+in a hurry!!

Talk to your mom privately. She may have no idea he is doing this. I had a step mom like that. She turned evil after my dad died. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through this.

2 Likes

This might be the unpopular opinion, but if youā€™re that bored maybe you should get it job? Maybe your mom wants some alone time and was too scared to tell you so your dad did? My mom loves her empty nest/ alone time. Could you ask if you could allot yourself certain hours or days for a visit as opposed to being there everyday simply because youā€™re bored?

10 Likes

Talk to you mom, be honest and ask her and do your best to listen to her without letting emotions rule.

3 Likes

Talk to your mom that doesnā€™t sound right

4 Likes

Not trying to be the bad guy here, but maybe they just need a little alone time? Also, I have a sister whoā€™s constantly coloring her hair in my parentsā€™ bathroom & itā€™s completely ruined the walls, sink, towels, & multiple shower curtainsā€¦ maybe do that at your house & they might also be a little happier to have you over. Like I said, not trying to be rude, just trying to figure out what would make everyone happier in this situation.

Talk to your mom, your step father trying to keep it from her,he knows itā€™s wrong.

4 Likes

did you pick up after yourself when you painted your hair?

1 Like

Your mom has no idea. Talk to her.

2 Likes

TBH, your mom is probably tired and didnā€™t want to hurt your feelings because you seem VERY SENSITIVE.
See I got some questions:

1. How many days a week are you there and for how many hours? Itā€™s seems like you like to be there while your husband is at work. So itā€™s safe to assume that youā€™re probably there most of the day.
  2. How many kids do you have and how old are they? Are taking care of the kids the whole time you are there or do you have your mom doing it? Before you leave do you clean up after yourselves?
  3. You said she keeps your sisterā€™s kid all of the time, does your sister work or go to school?
  4. Your current home makes you feel super unsafe, did you ever think about getting a job so you guys can move out of that situation faster? Maybe your mom would be willing to babysit or you can look into childcare.
    If you want to know how your mom feels just talk to her. Iā€™m almost certain if she told her side of the story it would be quite different.
19 Likes

When my parents were alive, if I didnā€™t visit on my days that I could they would be calling me and asking me if I was ok.

Definitely have a talk with your mom. Iā€™m not as close as you are but my mom would NEVER not want us to visit. She does request that we call or text before coming over to see if she is up for visitors but that is because she had horrible debilitating migraines from a neck injury. Please talk to your mom

Talk to your mom but also understand that if they do want some space itā€™s not because they donā€™t love you. Mabye they just want there home to themselves for a little while. Not all parents want there kids around all the time. Some parents want a empty nest once there kids move out. They donā€™t mind you visiting as long as you are not overstaying your welcome. It sounds to me like you may be over staying your welcome. Might need to find a hobby or get a job etc. They may want alone time or time just to walk around the house naked lmao.

6 Likes

Sounds like you need to talk to your mom, if she didnā€™t say anything and your step dad did and he said not to say anything? Seems sus to me.

1 Like

Give it time. Find a hobby or a group, volunteer. Walk even if itā€™s in a mall.

They have a group called meet up with LOTS of different interest. Maybe you can join a couple of groups, and find new interest

Give them some space, like damn. Some people donā€™t like company ALL the time.

Girl if you donā€™t just talk to your mama like the grown women you are. Let her tell you that

2 Likes

Sounds like itā€™s his idea. Talk to mom

5 Likes

I doubt your mum would know, if he said dont mention it to her. Iā€™d be asking her.

1 Like

Go about your business and do something productive. You can color your hair at your home. If itā€™s unsafe, find a new place to live. Be independent. They will call when they want to see you. Itā€™s not about you and more about them. Unless you complain the whole time. Have confidence that you can do anything.

1 Like

Bring it up to your mom

Talk to your mama. Your mama will tell you.

1 Like

Talk to your momma,
Life is to short.

What parent says that lol Iā€™m so sorry

2 Likes

Talk to your Mom, who cares what he says

2 Likes

Talk ur mom and let her know what her husband has told you get her side of story maybe he is lying to you about ur mom saying that stuff

1 Like

Take a few deep breaths and remind yourself that this doesnā€™t mean your parents love you any less. If you need daytime stimulation, pick up some hobbies. Go hang out at Starbucks or the library. Get a part time job or volunteer somewhere. Nursing homes often welcome volunteers to visit residents with few visitors. Animal shelters, food banks, maybe even your childrenā€™s school. Join a gym or club where you can make new friends.

This isnā€™t actually about you. Itā€™s about your parents wanting time to themselves. Just roll with it and stop taking it so personally. A little space is healthy, thatā€™s all they are asking for. Donā€™t let your feelings get bigger than the situation warrants. They still love you and enjoy your company, they just need time apart too.

7 Likes

Anyone who says ā€œSo and so said this about you but donā€™t tell her I told you and donā€™t talk about this to herā€ usually is lying.

He doesnā€™t like you around so much for whatever reason. Donā€™t you dare listen to him, go talk to your mom

6 Likes

Maybe your step dad just said thatā€¦ your mom might not of said anything like thatā€¦talk to your mom

2 Likes

Definitely talk to your mom.

2 Likes

I think once parents have grown children and become empty nesters they enjoy that time, as they should theyā€™ve raised their children to live their own lives. Help is okay, as long as help is reciprocated. Also if she has your sisters kids sheā€™s mentally exhausted Iā€™m sure like we are as mothers. Iā€™d maybe limit your time to visiting once a week bc more than twice is a bit invasive in my opinion. Find things you enjoy to do while your husbandā€™s at work.

2 Likes

Stay away . Then when your mom calls and ask why you havenā€™t been over to visit tell her the truth about what your step dad said

9 Likes

Def be talking to your mom, tell her that if she wants you to stop coming so often that she needs to tell you that

1 Like

Just tell your mum cause it sounds like heā€™s lying! Iā€™m also guessing your sister is his biological daughter? You will never know the truth if you donā€™t speak to your mum about it.

4 Likes

Talk to your mom. The fact that he said not to raises all kinds of red flags.

1 Like

Any parent wants their kids around all day everyday. Talk to mom

3 Likes

Sounds like my ā€œstepdadā€ whom i disowned for
Gaslighting and being toxic and controlling- i cut him out like a hot knife thru butter- use to do the ā€œfont tell ur momā€ bullshit
Parents dont tell thr kids they need a break- jmo :woman_shrugging:t3:

You are being rude if youā€™re going over to your momā€™s house unannounced,
to hang out EVERY DAY because youā€™re bored. If you want to spend time with your Mom, invite her out to lunch, go get mani pedicures with her, etc. This way she can accept the invitation or decline it and you arenā€™t imposing on her by being at her house daily expecting her to drop everything and entertain you. But I would talk to your Mom to better understand the situation, maybe itā€™s simply she would rather you call first, or wait later in the day, or limit the time to a few hours and not all day etc

Talk to your mum about it. It should come from her no one else if she doesnā€™t want you there as much.

I think heā€™s lying
Talk to your mom

2 Likes

Talk to your mom! You are not his daughter and thatā€™s why he said it! Iā€™ve never heard of a parent complain their kids come over to damn much!!!

Well I guess Talk to your mom about it.
But in their defense- yā€™all are grown now, adults. This is their ā€œfree timeā€ now.
Plus Iā€™d get irritated too if someone was always just coming over cause they were bored.
But I also wouldnt be going to someone elseā€™s house to dye my hair either.

9 Likes

Iā€™d just cut them off and ghost them stop going and getting moving donā€™t share information and when they can to ask then say well I wasnā€™t allowed their so

1 Like

I would talk to your mom. He may have made it up.

4 Likes

I totally understand how hurt you are. Did you ask him why he felt they needed a break? They might be having personal issues that they need to iron out and it might be easier to do so without an audience. Taking care of a child full time when their own children are full grown can be exhausting and stressful. Give them a few days and in that time you can put your feelings into perspective. Perhaps you can work out a visiting schedule that everyone can agree on.

Talk to your mother!!! Do not listen to him. He is a stepdad

4 Likes

Just respect them. I understand because I too would go to my Momā€™s house out of boredom and to get out of the house but it is her house and she deserves her own privacy. No need to be upset. They (parents) spend 18-25 years raising kids and having them at their homes, to look forward to having their home and their own ā€œmeā€ time. Try making plans and asking for a time thatā€™s good for them.

1 Like

Ask your mom what she thinks about you coming over, then let her know what your step-dad said. I have a feeling there might be reasons for him saying what he said, for example I would say no to my daughters coloring their hair at my house. Hair dye can and has ruined counters, towels, etc.

If you are old enough to have kids, you donā€™t need to visit your parents so often. Some people live hundreds of miles from parents and do fine!
Call her every couple days to just talk,and set up one day a week to visit.
If she taking care of your sisterā€™s children, she might be getting over tired.Think of how old they are, maybe you could help by watching your sisterā€™s kids one day of the week, just to be a thoughtful kind sister,daughter. ā—‡

1 Like

Doubt heā€™s lying, your mom probably doesnā€™t want to hurt your feelings, but sometimes people want their house to themselves. And if she already has to watch your sisterā€™s kids, sheā€™s probably just maxed outā€¦ I wouldnā€™t take it personally eitherā€¦

1 Like

I would talk to your mom! Sounds like your step dad doesnt want you there but since he said donā€™t tell your mom sounds like she knows nothing about it.

2 Likes

Your mom maybe going through something right now and he is trying to help her by providing space. Talk to mom and see whats going on. Talk to him, there maybe something you donā€™t know or that she wonā€™t tell you.

My mom lives right around the corner and we used to be there daily. She loved it

1 Like

Donā€™t do it! He will call u a lier. Just wait till mom asks what wrong.

1 Like

Iā€™d talk to your mum. Thereā€™s no way I would ever stop my kids from coming home after they left - Iā€™d expect them to waltz straight through the front door to the cupboard like they never left :heart: 4 or 40, those are our babies till the end :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Talk to your mom. If this is how she really feels then she should have talked to you herself. She may be able to explain it in a different light

1 Like

Donā€™t over think any of this. Cut back on going over there. Itā€™s probably as simple as she wants to be alone sometimes. I feel that in mah damn soul! :rofl:

Ask your mom if she wants you to cut down on visits

I know how you feel.

Ask your mother if it is her wish. If she says yes, just donā€™t go back.

Just not go visit and then when/ if mom calls to ask why you havenā€™t been visiting, tell her what was said.
If she doesnā€™t ask, then youā€™ll have your answer on whether she knew or not.

11 Likes

How do you even know itā€™s true? Confront her?

1 Like