My partner called me a bad mom for wanting to have a baby shower

A baby shower not much man’s business anyway lol

Take him to buy you all the baby needs for it’s first year. Then the following day take you for a mommy makeover.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe he is jealous because you will be getting the attention? Maybe do a co-ed baby shower so he can be included in the spoiling too, after all you wouldn’t be pregnant without him and co-ed baby showers are the new thing.

Wow he really does sound dumb and you won’t get your baby sick if you catch Covid do your research

Set up a pretty table and have people come and drop stuff off at a certain time so you can be outside to thank them from a safe distance.

I’m pregnant and got Covid and my pregnancy is still perfectly fine, it’s selfish to not have one if you don’t have baby items because those items are FOR YOUR BABY. What is the baby gonna wear/play with etc if you don’t have clothes, toys, diapers etc

Actually, he is being a controlling Ahole

3 Likes

Have a virtual shower on zoom!

1 Like

Have your mom “surpirse” you :heart: im sorry hes being stubborn with you

2 Likes

Where the fuck do these men come from?

Your husband sounds like a dick… covid is out there ti scare you… fuck him have your shower

He honestly sounds controlling and selfish. If he doesnt want it then tell him he doesnt have to be included.

I personally wouldn’t have a baby shower cause of covid it’s to dangerous and you can test negative when you are carrying it but he went overboard. Question is why do you have nothing for the baby yet. Spend the money on baby stuff that you will need instead of wasting the money on your baby shower

3 Likes

Forget your so called man and have the shower!!!

You should have the shower! And I know a handful of women who had COVID while pregnant and were just fine and so was the baby. If you are still nervous, rightfully so, do it with masks and have it outside or a virtual baby shower. But it’s something every mom should have and especially if you want one so bad you should do what YOU want. It’s about you and the baby, nobody else. Him threatening to never forgive you if something happens to the baby is nasty and manipulative. Tell him if he doesn’t wanna come he doesn’t have to, it’s not about him! I’m sorry you’re going through this. Keep your head up and do the dang shower if that’s what you want!

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I feel like he sounds controlling and like he is almost gaslighting you… You can have a COVID safe baby shower if that is something you want to do, but ultimately I would think deeply about if you want to continue having a relationship with someone who IMO isn’t respecting your feelings and is being extremely over the tops about it when things like if you “get sick and lose the baby he said he’s never forgive me.” If something happened, not COVID related, and he had to choose you or the baby, who would he choose? (obviously I realize this is only one instance, I but I feel like this is an indicator of co-parenting with him)

1 Like

Maybe he is thinking about why is this all about you and the baby? He’s being left out…now days the dads are seemingly more and more involved with co ed showers or at least having dad there. I personally think there is a huge over doing of celebrations for every thing that comes along. First baby? Shower is appropriate, but should be given my a friend or relative. And it’s not about you and the baby, it’s to provide you with necessary things for your baby, if you get gifts, bonus. Depending on the weather, have a drive by outside shower, or whoever hosts it, do so in a safe manner. If we’re talking right now, like this month, that’s different than 2 years ago. I think you both sound like you need some growing up and focus on being parents.

Have one!! It’s worth it… he’ll get over it…

Beign pregnant is one of the greatest gifts for a women. Don’t let him take that from you. He sounds ignorant and arrogant. Have YOUR baby shower. Tell people to wear masks to make him more comfortable.