My partner got mad that I didn't tell him I went out with my child: Thoughts?

Nothing you did was wrong , he’s just being childish

1 Like

No!!! I’m sorry he’s being Ridiculous!!!

He is trying to control you and is insecure

1 Like

He sounds toxic and controlling. Ew.

6 Likes

Was the issue you were gone and unreachable all day? My ex used to do this. He’d leave at 8am and be gone all day and never communicate as to when or if he’d be home. Makes it hard to plan for things like dinner.

You are not wrong. He is in the wrong.

2 Likes

Toxic and Controlling for sure!!! There is NOTHING wrong with you spending time with YOUR child! You SHOULD spend one on one time with your child! You don’t need HIS permission to go do something with your kid! Spending quality time with your kids is extremely important. If someone pulled something like that with me about my kid, they’d be out of my life in a hurry!

9 Likes

Definitely didn’t do anything wrong

1 Like

You did nothing wrong. He is being an ahole

1 Like

Telling him where you all are or planning on going in case of an emergency is one thing and should be done out of courtesy. Needing his permission to spend one on one time with your kid is quite another. Being upset that you didn’t tell him where you were and then equating that to not being able to trust you is a red flag. He should have been concerned for safety reasons that you didn’t tell him, not trust issues.

He sounds controlling and like he’s the one hiding something

5 Likes

I understand that he wanted to know what you were doing but the way he is going about it is extremely alarming

3 Likes

Id be telling him to eat a dick . U did nothing wrong

Nothing wrong. Boyfriend/father is/wants to be controlling and sounds jealous. Doesn’t sound like that’ll go anywhere good.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s controlling and manipulative

4 Likes

The only thing I can see would be wrong is if you all are together and you just went ghost with one of your kids. That would scare tf out of me. I would lose my mind. I’m a worrywort because the jobs I’ve worked before. I don’t mind my partner going out, even staying out all day. I just want to know in what area to look for you if you disappear and an occasional “I’m busy but I’m okay” text… that’s not too much to ask ESPECIALLY if you have my kid with you. I don’t see the issue with this.

You were in the right, but maybe just mentioned it to him. I always let my husband know where I’m going or doing just out of respect and if anything would happen to me he’d know my last where about. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I’m always out and about with our kids. He seems controlling

1 Like

He sounds really controlling. You aren’t wrong. Please step back and look at how unhealthy this is.

8 Likes

He’s probably cheating and is projecting his fear of getting caught onto you. This is controlling behavior.

5 Likes

Sounds like he’s projecting onto you.
So maybe he lied about what he was doing and assumed you’ve done the same.
But also just sounds manipulative and controlling.
He doesn’t love you and just views you as an item with a remote control. And is mad that you didn’t do what he felt you should and ask for permission or something like that

8 Likes

He’s doing something…. Find out what.

5 Likes

Red flag, sounds controlling. You spent time with your child and he’s upset.

5 Likes

The only thing your doing wrong is staying in that relationship. Run

6 Likes

i feel bad for women who live like that

4 Likes

Your kid and unless you put your child in harms way he needs to zip it. Trying to demean and control.

2 Likes

Sounds like he is up to no good lying and you can’t trust him.

6 Likes

Or he’s scared the child might day something they shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Sounds like HE has issues.

5 Likes

Ew this is beyond toxic or we are missing a lot of background.

4 Likes

This is a ridiculous reaction on his part. You took your kid to the movies you didn’t go on a date with some other dude.

1 Like

He’s likely projecting. No you didn’t do anything wrong. He’s the one that can’t be trusted. It shouldn’t be a big deal you took your kid out to the movies and spent the day with him.

3 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: he sounds very controlling! You don’t need that! I would not put up with it!

6 Likes

Oooh this is a huge red flag!! From past relationships, this was a clear indicator that my partner was doing something untrustworthy! There is something bigger going on here, I’m more than sure it has nothing to do with you going to a movie with your kid. Dig deep girl!

5 Likes

So what your saying is you didn’t give him a play by play of what you did & where you went all day so now your the bad guy. If you’ve never given him a reason to not trust you then there isn’t an issue. See where I’m going with this?….

5 Likes

That seems very questionable to me. :face_with_monocle: :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

Controlling. Leave this situation as soon as you can.

2 Likes

His conduct is completely out of line and ridiculous. Your BF is controlling. His behaviour is outrageous. If this is the first time for this behaviour, you need to have a discussion with him about how ridiculous his behaviour is in your eyes and completely unfounded.

This is the only incident you mention but if there are any other similar events, you need to leave. Your children should not be brought up to see and learn that this is normal behaviour. If your BF has done something similar in the past, this is a huge red flag and a true danger to you and to your child and any other children you have. If this isn’t the first time, please please please leave him. If you need help, reach out to your family, if they are in your area and in a position to help, and get counseling to help you see his behaviour for what it is: controlling and manipulative.

If this kind of behaviour has happened in the past, you wouldn’t be out of line to store your things in a friend’s garage or at your parents’ home and go to a woman’s shelter where he cannot contact you, until you can get on your feet.

2 Likes

I don’t see thr problem here other than ur partners getting on like a big ginnyann

Please don’t waste your life with a controlling and manipulating man. Your life will be miserable and you only get one life.

2 Likes

Are yall together? or? Because I’m confused when you started saying “my kid’s father” instead of my so or husband. So I mean if yall aren’t together what does it matter? And if yall are together this sounds very controlling and toxic, I hope you’re ok

4 Likes

He’s ridiculous period! Don’t let him control you! :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

No, you did nothing wrong! I think you are married to a jealous twit! Huge red flag, he needs help…

1 Like

He sounds like a big jerk

2 Likes

Run. Hes abusive and narcissistic

5 Likes

Do you live together and you not include the other kids? If not then why would you need to report to him what you do with your child at your home? :thinking:

I think he’s showing you red flags and control possession and abuse issues!!! Set major boundaries and be firm or it’s going to get worse!!!

No you didn’t do anything wrong it’s awesome to have one on one time with your child

Run. Take your kids and run far and fast.

1 Like

You didn’t do anything wrong.

My first thought was maybe in case of an emergency or maybe he just wanted to make sure you guys were safe … But after reading it sounds like he’s just controlling

2 Likes

This is insanely controlling red flags galore. Sounds like the start of a very toxic turn in the relationship

nope you did the right thing

Are yall together? Like live together? Cause this sounds like he has custody and you have visitation and didn’t know what y’all were doing. If y’all are together this is naurisstic behavior and VERY controlling. Take your kid and leave now. It ONLY gets worse!

2 Likes

He’s controlling and abusive, a narcissist. Take the kids who are yours and run.

Man child needs to grow the hell up. You take your kids wherever the heck you want

1 Like

Nope. Your fine. I agree with everyone it is mostly likely him who is doing something shady. When the deeply reflect in you like that, it is usually a sign their the ones up to no good

1 Like

I feel like he’s gaslighting you. Run. Fast.

1 Like

He sounds toxic and controlling. He’s gaslighting you. Stand your ground. Don’t let people convince you’ve done something wrong or you’re crazy when you know you’re not. In order for somebody to become abusive and controlling in your relationship they first need to break down your barriers. One of your lines of defense is your self-esteem your common sense and your conscience and your instincts. If they make you question your instincts and diminish yourself esteem by making you feel guilty for things that you shouldn’t feel guilty for, they can get away with just about anything and they know you won’t leave. I don’t know how far this goes but just be careful. If you already have kids together then you’re kind of stuck. Not necessarily in relationship but at least apparent information so I would start seeing a therapist and come up with some healthy batteries. Now if I were the other parent the only thing I would be upset about is if somebody took my child and I didn’t know where they were and nobody answered the phone. Like for example if I come home from work and I expect my husband and my kids to be there and then they are not I would worry. If I called him and he didn’t pick up and didn’t tell me where he was going to be with my kids I would definitely be angry when he got home for making me stress and worry. But this doesn’t sound like that’s the motivation or the reason. Just be firm with your communication. Say today I’m going to spend special time with “Kid A” and I want to make sure I spend special time with each kid at least every other month one on one. Encourage your partner to do it as well. Maybe they could take kid a to the park or bowling or whatever. This is healthy for children to do and important. Tell your partner that you’re going to make special time to spend as a couple as well. But if they try to control you manipulate you after you’ve been clear then that’s not healthy

7 Likes

Hes your partner not your parent. Tell him to act his age not his shoe size

6 Likes

I think you should’ve said something 1st and personally I would never do a split trip even with Littles who wouldn’t sit through it. That’s how they learn and if you did mention it and he had an issue or you could come up with a compromise then that’s wierd.

1 Like

Anyone that gets mad at you for spending time with your child can kick rocks.

4 Likes

What is he guilty of?? Trust issues usually means, he can’t trust himself.

8 Likes

I’d ask why he is flipping out on you.

1 Like

He sounds controlling. He’s acting like a child, mad that you saw the movie first. He needs to grow up. You are allowed to spend time with your kids. You do not need permission.

4 Likes

I mean I would be upset too, but not because I don’t trust them only because I always want to know where my spouse and kids are incase something happens

1 Like

No he’s just stupid and jealous!

Nope! He’s controlling and gaslighting you! You did nothing wrong!!

1 Like

You went to see a movie and get a bite to eat…with your own kid…not another man/woman. He needs to get a grip!

4 Likes

This is a huge red flag. Run now. It gets worse

4 Likes

Um my man and I have separate kids and I am not giving him play by plays if he don’t like it kick rocks my kids come before a man and his insecurities

1 Like

That is ridiculous! Ignore him! He sounds controlling and toxic

Controlling, ridiculous, this blows my mind! He sounds stupid af! Sounds like he’s the one who can’t be trusted alone! I’ll take my kids anywhere and my husband would never care even if he came home to an empty house after work! (It’s happened) he’ll either text or call to see where I am and if I’ll be home for dinner. Now I just give a heads up if I’m out or where I’m going just incase of an accident or something.

3 Likes

Ummm no you didn’t. He sounds like a control freak. I’ve been there done that.

He probably also expresses to you how he wants you to dress. Etc. If he’s saying he can’t trust you over taking your kid to a movie I would seriously wonder why he’s being so defensive and what he’s doing. I’ve learned that usually there’s a reason

1 Like

To ask you to communicate next time is one thing. To be angry is another. Sounds controlling and ridiculous. I wouldn’t even entertain that behavior

1 Like

I would have liked a “heads up” Just to know where part of my family was.

No you did nothing wrong and he sounds controlling and weird to accuse you of lying when you were outnwirh your child

3 Likes

Um that’s a big red flag be safe girl

2 Likes

Heck no and don’t allow him to make you feel like you did something wrong! One on one time is important and never stop doing it.

1 Like

Sounds like a control freak having a fit

Can you say controlling narcissist girl you better run as fast as you can because that’s some b*******

1 Like

You did nothing wrong

1 Like

Nope! Nothing wrong! He’s weird!

You didn’t do anything wrong

Nope. Hes in the wrong. Not you

You did nothing wrong at all he’s overreacting he sounds like a control freak

1 Like

The only thing that you did wrong was have a baby with a narcissist.

I find that weird , he should be happy you got to get out with the little one

Sounds extremely controlling and jealous…:thinking:, I see Major Red Flags.
I don’t know what you should do but me personally couldn’t deal with none of that.

No I spend every Wednesday and Friday doing something with my son he’s 29 and disabled but we always have a good time .

1 Like

You did nothing wrong and he sounds like a controlling person he is weird
If he can go with his kids why can’t you go with you’re son just don’t make sense . He needs help ! Sorry :cry: I would leave ASAP IF HE DON’T TRUST YOU NOW !!! You don’t need that

Is he cheating on you that he has that big of trust issues? :thinking:

2 Likes

He’s a moron!! You did nothing wrong…

The only reason I think you should have told him, is safety reasons. If something happened he wouldn’t have known where you were.

Cheaters most of the time get paranoid then accuse the partner of cheating. Bc of the fear of getting caught and guilt. He basically accused you of cheating but not actually saying it bc he doesn’t want that to backfire on him.

1 Like

He sounds like a pyscho and super controlling

1 Like

What are u guys saying.It’s a couple relationships.U don’t ask for permission but of course u let know each other what plans and where u going.

1 Like

It’s common Curtisy to let your partner know you were going out nothing wrong with going out but you just left why wouldn’t you just say hey we are going out I let my husband know if I’m going out not that I have to but it’s curious

1 Like

He’s cheating. Lying, or hiding something. You did nothing wrong. He’s trying to control you.

Me and my daughter spent the day together today, shopping then lunch. My hubby does this with our son and vice versa plus we do a lot of family time. It sounds as if he may be jealous

2 Likes