My partner is cutting my hair while I sleep

I’ve been with my partner for 12 years it hasn’t been the happiest of relationships he can be very controlling and violent. I snore when I’m sleeping at night and he has started to bring scissors to bed and said he will cut my hair of if I do it again. There are no houses going in the area that I want and the only other thing to do is move back home and sleep in a single bed with my 2 kids

819 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My partner is cutting my hair while I sleep - Mamas Uncut

That is abuse. You need to get out even if you have to.move back home and sleep in a twin bed.

36 Likes

You need to get out yesterday smh

6 Likes

I’d rather sleep in a single bed then be abused

15 Likes

Oh my god! Get out now! He’s willing to cut your hair off in your sleep? Did you even imagine what he could be capable of doing to you or your children?

6 Likes

Sleeping in a twin bed with two kids is better then the m growing up in an abusive home.

10 Likes

That’s abuse. You cannot help that and he knows that.
He doesn’t respect you.
I am sorry you’re dealing with someone doing that kind of thing over snoring. You don’t deserve it

I would be sleeping in a single bed with my two kids! Anywhere safe is better than a queen sized bed with an abuser. I hope you get out fast. :heart:

2 Likes

He’d be getting cut. This is not good. I’d rather sleep in a car than in a bed with someone like that.

1 Like

Get away from this man!!

Seriously? Bet I’d sleep on the floor or in my car before I’d put up with that.

2 Likes

What is wrong with him ??? Cutting ur hair because you snore LEAVE before it’s gets much worse

1 Like

What?!? I would rather sleep in a twin bed with two kids then be in that toxic relationship.

2 Likes

Woah. You should leave asap. This is sick and will get sicker

1 Like

Listen. Especially when kids are involved, GET OUT. You are literally teaching your children what love is supposed to look like. What a healthy relationship looks like. What to accept. Right now you are setting your children up for failure, toxic relationships, and a sense that abuse is okay. Stop it. Think about them. Go sleep in that twin and get your life together for them. Period

5 Likes

Dont allow someone to treat you that way. :heart: praying many blessings over you. Get out now!

You obviously need to get tf outta dodge ASAP. Have more self respect. He prob snores too. He’s an ass! R.U.N!! Really damn fast!:woman_facepalming:

That’s abuse. Go back home

Then sleep in a bed with your 2 kids until u can get a house

3 Likes

Move home as fast as you can and sleep on the floor if you have to.

2 Likes

You need to get out regardless, that’s not healthy nor safe!! Sleeping with two kids is better than not waking up!

3 Likes

Girl, leave quicker than quick! I rather sleep on the floor that with a person like him.

You need to not be thinking about an area you want and think about your health, safety and well-being.

That is a giant red flag.

What the fuck?

Abuse. No. Leave.

1 Like

So move back home and start over. You need to get away.

1 Like

It may not be a house you “want” but it it means getting out of the situation it shouldn’t matter, make it work til you find something better.

2 Likes

The fact that people find this funny is sickening to me

8 Likes

Get out!! For your safety and kids safety!!! If he is that crazy when he start doing something to your kids!!

Get out NOW!! There is so much wrong with what I just read.

1 Like

Oh hell to the fucking no. Over something you can’t control ? I’d beat a mother fuckers ass if they even threatened to cut my hair over something I can’t control. Cut my hair especially in my sleep I’ll give you a vasectomy the old fashioned way with those scissors.

Look for the women’s shelter in your area, they can help now and get you going in the right direction. Run.

2 Likes

Get out of. There ASAP. That’s abuse x

Stab him with the scissors

What in the actual fuck? You need to leave him, you’re not safe. Praying for you and your family.:heart:

Girl do what you gotta and leave fuck that crazy ass shit

Then you move back home and sleep in a single bed with 2 kids!!!

9 Likes

Ummm. You need to leave. That’s abuse. You can’t help that you snore.

3 Likes

You poor thing go home with your children you will be all happier there for the time being!

Wtf? Girl run. I’d rather sleep in my car homeless then deal with that craziness.

2 Likes

You can get trundle beds or air mattresses to be more comfortable. Anything is better than putting your kids and yourself into hands of a sociopath.

3 Likes

Leave him. And you might want to consider doing a sleep study. You might have sleep apnea…

1 Like

Leave please. I know sometimes it’s easier said than done. I was in a DC relationship for 10 years and 4 kids. Please leave

If he’s threatened to do this what the hell will happen the next time you do it?? Get out fast and save yourself even if you have to sleep in the bed with your kids. I’m sure there will be some help out there to house you and your kids. He clearly will do this and if he will what then will he do if your kids piss him off? Please please go if not for you but for the safety of your children. Good luck x

Just remember your kids are learning from you what to tolerate and expect from a relationship. Don’t stay somewhere being treated in a way you wouldn’t want your children treated.

Give me the scissors and I’ll cut his d*** off

10 Likes

Move. I’d sleep on a damn floor before I’d stay in that toxic environment

GO BACK HOME!! He’ll probably do much worse than cut your hair. This guy has totally lost it.

4 Likes

Wtheck that’s crazy, leave

1 Like

I left my ex 2 months ago due to abuse and slept on a couch (while pregnant)with my 5 & 7 year olds. You can make it. It will be rough but better than you dealing with abuse and them growing up in that

2 Likes

What… in…the…actual… hell??? Leave!!! Run!!

1 Like

Get some scissors that only cut Paper cause if you were gonna leave him you wouldnt have posted this.

Best that you do something about the snoring. Get tested for apnea. Your kids won’t want you snoring next to you either. Snoring is a sign of a disorder.

4 Likes

Wtf. People snore sometimes. He is a dick

So do it before he cuts your throat

1 Like

Your partner is cutting just hair now. What if they decide to stab you with scissors next time?? Gtfo!!

So many of these sad, sad posts are accompanied by a shameful amount of women who have no idea what it takes to leave. Or women who have left, and therefore can’t understand why others cannot. It’s very, very sad. Always a ton f judgement and no actual advice for the person in literal danger. Do better.

So threaten his abusive ass with waking up to a boiling pot of Grits in the crotch area.

Ummm!!! Get away from this person!

Get out while you can…

Uhm make a police report, get an order of protection for you and your kids and get tf away from him. Anywhere you sleep is better than being near that psycho

1 Like

Do it! Get away ASAP. Stop at Walmart and get a blow up bed on the way.

I’d sleep in the floor next to that single bed so my kids could sleep in it.

5 Likes

For yours and your children’s safety and piece of mind, you move back home and share a bed! The abuse is wayyyyyyyyy worse for them then a sleeping arrangement.

Move back home and make it work till you can get your own place. This is only the beginning, the longer you the stay the worst it will get. See about getting an air matress for you and one kid or both kids and you take the bed. My kids honestly love sleeping on the floor( no clue why they have beds) so even sleeping bags and camping out in the floor with them for a few weeks I think would be fine. The first place you find might not be exactly what you want but remember it will get better.

You don’t want to sleep in abed with your 2 kids so are willing to keep them around someone you just said is VIOLENT because there are no houses you WANT?!

SELFISH CHILD ENDANGERMENT

DISGUSTING. sort you’re parental priorities out

6 Likes

U know the only thing is to leave c

1 Like

So you have to sleep in a bed with your two kids and move back home , at least you and your kids will be safe !

1 Like

You need to leave before he does more girl, RUN

Definitely would not stay with that guy💯

I wish someone would cut my hair. That would be the last time I would report it to the law if possible and get out of that relationship. He will do more than that eventually.

Get out of there now!
This is beyond a red flag, yes it will be hard, but it’ll be better then dealing with abuse of any kind

Move out!!! This is very abusive

2 Likes

You’re more capable of doing things (like leaving) and figuring shit out than you think you are. TRUST THE FUCKING UNIVERSE!! Just go.

You need to get out now!!

Please take your babies and leave

1 Like

Well if ur not willing to leave… which it sounds like thats the case… then try going to the drs about ur snoring that will maybe help.

I’ve said mean things to my husband for snoring… knowing that he wasn’t doing it intentionally. If he is abusive leave. If he’s frustrated because he has no sleep, the least you can do for yourself is to have a sleep study done to see if you need a CPAP. They have all kind of things to help that are not expensive. Your health and mental health is important.:heart:

That’s actually considered spousal abuse and battery

You may not want to go home and start over but it sounds like that is the safest option for you and your children. Coming from experience, this is a HUGE red flag and you need to get out while you can. I know that is so much easier said than done but if it helps you, don’t make it about yourself. A lot of women won’t do it for themself. Do it for your children. You may have to remind yourself they will think this behavior is acceptable, they will become abusive or take abuse from watching this, and they deserve better. Please go back home. If not for you, for your children.

6 Likes

Get out while you can

1 Like

Let him snip it :woman_shrugging:t3: file police report with restraining order. Sleep peacefully.

3 Likes

Kids love sleeping on the floor…get a mat, build a tent with blankets and make it fun for them while you sleep alone in that single size bed, hair intact!!

2 Likes

Single bed with 2 kids NOT 3. Sounz devine to me. Know your worth sweetness. X

1 Like

Nu uh . Goodbye guy.

Move back home and buy a full bed as soon as you have the money

I was choked til I passed out and had 2 black eyes 5 days after giving birth. Me and my 2 kids slept on a queen mattress on my moms dining room floor for a couple years. Unfortunately I went back and wasted 8 more yrs of my life. Run and don’t look back.

3 Likes

You’ll be fine away from his childish ass. There will be threats and all that but document it all and save it all. When he leaves the house start gathering important things to take with you. Give them to a friend or hide the bags somewhere like in your trunk or your car. You got to get out that is just ridiculous behaviour

I’d pack clothes/toys and sleep in the single bed.

3 Likes

Girl get the fuck out if he can cut your hair while your sleeping whos to say he won’t kill you in your sleep. You need to get out fast go home with your kids your kids are your first priority an you as a mom has to protect your kids from any type of abuse girl get out it’ll be the best thing you ever did :gift_heart:

There’s homeless shelters for mother with children who are experiencing domestic violence

1 Like

Woww…i dont even know what to say, except LEAVE! Do whatever you have to do. This is the craziest thing ive ever heard of.

1 Like

I would I need to cut off his balls

:sob: this is so wrong! If hes telling u he’s doing this while u sleep, no telling what else he’s doing while ur asleep, and not telling u​:pleading_face:

2 Likes

You need to run like hell and get away from him. You and the children are not safe.

2 Likes

That’s assault too btw

1 Like

I would get tf out, before he feels entitled to using those scissors on me again. Your hair is still part of your body. He’s violating your bodily autonomy, and the snoring is just a convenient excuse for someone who chooses to be violent :woozy_face:

Do what again? … buy an air mattress

I’d buy a double bed then move back home with the kids.

1 Like