My partner won't let me discipline their kid, help!?

Leave, he obviously doesn’t respect you…

3 Likes

As an elder step mom, do not discipline the kids. Thier parents need to do that. Dont learn the hard way!

3 Likes

I’m sorry to be forward I mean nooooo ill intent and I have formed my opinion based only on what you have said xoxo but step mama… Uu is MAMA2 Not no STEP be it on over side around path or with caution these are all WALK …THE ONLY STEP ur son 2 can call uu and use uu is Step Ladder xxxxx Little Cockadoodles are all this age extremely questionable stale socks gross scarey concerns minor exceptional few are some be blessed with not xox and ur OMG is preety much acting what is these days age appropriate xx now keep in mind we cannot say “when I was ur age…” 10 because guuurlll it is soooo irrelevant that was literally last century xox
They do dum careless behaviours with no sense of dangerous in the mind :scream: soo chores and simple requests to participate in thier own self management is like a constant question WHY DO UU BOTHER x TBH mums worldwide be??? 2. May uu be blessed many rare days with the visual gratification of witnessing thier ability to just do what need be done to full completion and at own free will… warning. These moments will only accept a required certain specific minimal praise too much alright my guy for doing the dishes wow did you vacuum too? NO oh I looks like did a thank uu tho xxx xxx but lots of positive acknowledgements as too how thier efforts benefit you I was too tired to do dishes today so thanks son big help xxx
Friends xxx give rewards for being honest… Yea told my sons u can’t get a hiding for telling the truth x I might not like what your telling me but I appreciate that you are… Call him out if you suspect he’s lying… Don’t say I don’t believe you tho NONONO say… I think your lying I’m calling to ask and this is where dum equally OMG mates come I think handy xx you can either vanquish them back to the where ever or allow them to come to urs… catch 22 xx more OMG types in yard x I think your lying ask friends in front of son is BEST and work your way through get to know friends adults not for friendships too but more to open book honest look our kids smoke weed together and drink alcohol. The who cares who got it or how they have done it and gona continue to so pretend NOT MY CHILD NOT NEVER will or accommodate it… Remember when we asked our parents if we could smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol and they told us NO the real thrill in doing it anyway wasn’t because we were doing it it was vecoz we did it without there knowing xxxxx in boys ears mums do sound quite do this do that all the time and it can make them feel worthless coz do do but they don’t do so Mums don’t do your soooo useless …get older… Nothing… Eff.n.useles… Is all they will hear OK… ALL nag no love… But be consistent especially at saying positive things like can you drive ay take him to a empty car lot on middle of the empty hour and get him to indicate and park in space learner’s… Point being meet him 5/8s of the way to know what he’s up to in life is to be apart of what he’s up to now dangerous drinking drug driving scarey scenario which will probs happen more n more more… Tell your kid that
. Ur husbands over compensating some kind of need to

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My partner won't let me discipline their kid, help!? - Mamas Uncut

I’m not sure how old your son is but I would remove him from the situation so he is not influenced by the negative behavior of the other child .

34 Likes

Take your son and leave that situation. It’s not fair on the both of you to have to live life like that

32 Likes

My ex was like that and it only lead to the kids eventually trying to hit me and then tell their dad and mom that I beat them I’m sorry but parents like that need to be alone if u can take care of this kid in every way but u can’t punish him or have any day so get out now

2 Likes

Pack your sons bags and your bag and leave, having a partner who disrespect you is 1 thing but seriously do you want your son grown up thinking this is how men should treat women if the answer is no then pack up and leave as your partner willnt change so leave and bring your son up 2 treat women with respect your partner will learn the hard way once you have gone for a quiet life with your son as I am sure you dont want your son copying your partners son so leave them two to it, and if he comes looking for you just please dont go back they say they will change but they never do I know from experience good luck

11 Likes

Honey, that isn’t going to get any better and could potentially affect your sons emotional health. I know it’s hard but you need to leave. That is NOT a healthy situation for you or your son.

5 Likes

Take YOUR son, and leave!!!:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:.
Be done with that ridiculous bullshit. I was a step mother while married to my now ex husband. He never pulled that bullshit on me, and I was able to ask my step son to do things,and speak with him if he made a bad choice… your partner needs to grow a spine and some balls, and actually be a damn father, or, he will lose his son!!!

11 Likes

I think you have a big problem with your partner,your wants and needs are ignored looks like the relationship needs a lot of thought

1 Like

U need to get u and ur son out of there…I’ve been there…u will NEVER have a semi normal relationship with ur partner, his son, or ur son if he sees u allowing this man to disrespect u, u r molding him for a future husband and Da. Sadly ur partner may not open his eyes until something horrible has happened(my situation his daughters actually smirked at me behind his back while he was defending his angels…that told me he wouldn’t believe me that they snuck out at night and they were right)…so save ur son (He sounds embarrassed by the other sons actions) and urself some heartache and do what’s best for u!! Good luck!!

1 Like

If you can’t raise the stepson the same as your biological son- leave! It is not a family. It is or was convenient for you to be there
Your son must suffer seeing favouritism, the stepson probably uses it against him. :cry: a family is a unit that supports and loves eachother!

2 Likes

IT’S HARD!!! Maybe, Let His Daddy See Something About Him To Show The Truth!!! Seems Like YOU Helping Is Not Working For Their Side! STAY ON YOUR SIDE!!! Sounds Like YOUR KIDS ARE SMART!!! I Say, SEE WHAT THEY’RE REACTION IS!!! YOUR FAMILY IS STRONG!!! AND DEFINITELY YOU!!!

Whole bunch of red flags. I would pack my stuff up and leave. He’s not respecting you at all and its only going to get worse. Especially if something happens to his son he seems like the type who would blame you after your multiple attempts of trying to prevent something happening.

7 Likes

What’s the point in even being in a relationship with this man! Does he try discipline your child ? If u does I would play him at his own game! Bet then he wouldn’t like it. Sounds to me it’s just red flags I wouldn’t stick around for that

1 Like

He wants to crown his son, I can’t tolerate that nonsense of shouting at me because of your child. Some men though

Red flags everywhere get your son and run.

1 Like

Yes leave him… This is insane…

2 Likes

There are so many red flags here that vision is obscured. You need to take yourself and your son away from all of that.

1 Like

Take your son and get away from their nonsense

1 Like

He is a wuss.move on.

Do you really see a future with this man if you can’t co parent???

Seems like this father has some guilt. And he’s ashamed, and doesn’t want to address the source of it. Maybe he is guilty about his failure in his last marriage, or something of the sort. Something that happened with his son, whatever it is. And he allows the son to do what he wants, because he harbors this guilt. Something seems off. I’d consider therapy over this issue, and if there’s no resolve, it might be best to separate. It’s not emotionally correct that he is refusing to identify this pattern of behavior and the source of it. It’s odd this indifference to the well-being of his son. And I think it has something to do with him that’s wrong.

3 Likes

Man I quit reading when I read “I can’t even get him out of bed for school” F that. That pissed me off and this isn’t even my relationship. Id leave

1 Like

Id leave hun this is not a relationship he refuses to work with you on anythin, treats you like dirt and expects you to just accept it. Things wont get better and for your sons sake its best you get out now x

2 Likes

Not your kid
Don’t worry about it

1 Like

Oh Honey, RUN! Fast and far

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My partner won't let me discipline their kid, help!? - Mamas Uncut

U have done all that u can do. Let the cards fall where they may now. Unfortunately u have tried your best. Some times some people need to fall hard before they wake up and see the light so to speak. I know it will be hard not to try and help. This is only my opion

1 Like

He is doing a disservice to his son, but your hands are tied as the step-parent. Y’all are supposed to be a team, but you can only do what the father allows in regards to a child that isn’t yours. The dad doesn’t respect you, so the child won’t. I highly suggest leaving this relationship.

14 Likes

I’d leave that sorry ass of a father in a heartbeat

9 Likes

I’m a father of a 2 year old and am split with the baby mumma I very much believe that if I am not around to see or hear my child do wrong but there is another adult nearby (especially one that I trust) that has noticed then go for it! Tell my son when he’s being naughty or stepping out of line. Tell him to sit on the naughty step or whatever.
This could be friends other family or a new partner!
It’s not you stepping out of line at all it’s about teaching our smaller humans to have discipline and respect for all those around us.
Have a sit down with Dad Tell him where you’re at with things and if he still carries on it’s unfortunate to say but you gotta pack up because ultimately that boy will get worse… so will dad… and all of this will affect your own lad!

3 Likes

Leave. F**k that deadbeat

4 Likes

4 Likes

Seems your not respected. It’s not the right place for you or your son. They treat you like a bitch . They want to parent their son maybe they need you out of the picture so they can try again at their miserable failed relationship. Get out of that misery

87 Likes

To chastise you in front of his son is outiragous, run for the hills for your own sanity but your son’s protection.

17 Likes

Sounds like you guys can’t parent on one accord and with that it appears that your spouse doesn’t respect you which will carry on to the kids. I would have to leave before it becomes super toxic.

15 Likes

I think it is a major problem that his father is ignoring these problems but I would concentrate on your son as kids like rules and boundaries as then they know how far they can push but I think your partners son knows how to get past his father and puts you in the firing line so I would just worry about your son as he knows what is going on with his his son and it sounds like you are doing a great job with your son so just be there when you need to put everything back to normal

9 Likes

Where’s the lads bio mother? Passed on, no contact?
It sounds to me for whatever reason as though the father is trying to keep you at arms length in the mother’s role?
If it can’t be discussed as to why and rectified then I suggest the relationship defunct.
I would point out that the father for one is teaching his son total disrespect for women also in witnessing it your own son being taught the same!

68 Likes

The real problem is…this man is really not your partner. You may live together, but you do not make decisions together. Your relationship, as you describe it, seems completely dysfunctional. If you choose to stay in this situation, then there is really nothing anyone can say or do to help you.

29 Likes

leave him. seriously. Let him ruin his own child, it’s not your responsibility and it will only cause issues in the long run. when something goes wrong they’ll still blame you. cut your losses

56 Likes

Yes, that is one of the biggie’s of how relationships break up. And NO, the kid should do the chores around the house as he is asked. 14 or 15 is way too old now. Discipline begins in the toddler years. Otherwise, they will walk all over both of you. And for sure, they learn fast how to pit one against the other.

14 Likes

Take your child and run it will not get better or easier. I had this and so did my children they where treated like second best. I got out and am so much happier now

44 Likes

Time to move on. Your partner does not respect you, and will only learn when it is too late…. You have your son to take care of and he should not learn that it is ok to behave like that. ( even though you are very clear about this ) I am sorry for you, it can’t be easy. Good luck!

108 Likes

He will listen when his son is dead by the sounds. I wouldn’t even continue to try. He clearly doesn’t care so don’t try make him. I’d honestly leave. Clearly youre not in a partnership so I’d just call it quits before it’s too late.

46 Likes

Ya I would get out of the relationship if they cannot trust or listen to you about an issue that needs to be taken seriously. They obviously don’t trust what you have to say and are a very lazy parent. I would have a very serious talk with them. Let your partner know how you feel about how you are treated when you are trying to bring up serious issues about the child . If they don’t change or work with you on the problem then just get out before your child is affected.

15 Likes

Why do you think it is your right to interfere or run the young mans life??? I understand your trying to look out for him in your own way, but this post reads like you are angry because your controlling nature is working on him. I won’t condone illegal activities but at some stage you need to understand his life is not yours and like all of us we need to make mistakes to learn how to be better. Perhaps try not to rule his world like a dictator and try to understand what he needs

54 Likes

I haven’t read any other comment.

Personally I would be concerned about the impact it is having on your own son. If he sees the one rule for him one rule for step brother you could end up with a whole heap of issues in that regard.

Secondly. If your partner does not accept you as a “mother figure” to his son then in my opinion you have deeper issues. HE chose you to be his partner and to be a caregiver to his son. Unfortunately he and his son can’t have it all the way to the middle. They expect you to do the care giving side (feed,clothe,clean etc) but not the correction of behaviour.

If he were just coming at weekends and lived with bio mum I’d 100% say step out step back. But the way you have written this child (and yes he’s a child) lives under your roof. And as such he should show respect to both of you.

I would ask the partner what’s it going to take for you to realise there’s an issue where he’s concerned is he going to wait until he’s stood at his sons graveside.

Ifs and maybes are too little too late then.

Good luck :heart:

19 Likes

Ok I’m reading this don’t get involved not ur business wtf under same roof u made commitment to each other so have the children living with u as I presume you spoke with them his son his doing all this as a cry to be recognized by his dad ! And you have ur son so I get the open line his son and you want him safe as ur worried
Honestly I would sit both ur kids down be honest with them say can’t live like this so ur moving out it may shock him to think about his actions without discipline who feed cloth look for him and if not you know he and his dad weren’t worth you

4 Likes

Dad is obviously feeling guilty towards his son and doesn’t want to be seen to discipline him. Probably because he thinks if he disciplined then kid wouldn’t want to come and see him anymore. It’s his issue. Honestly if he won’t admit to the guilt or the discipline issue then you need to move on cause it won’t change x

7 Likes

Your partner is not a partner. That’s a dictator. You need to either kick him out or take your child and leave.

14 Likes

Sounds like your partners heads to far up his arse for his own good. He’ll realise he ficked up as a parent when he’s lowering his son into the ground because he didn’t address shit. I’m with everyone else here too. Move the fuck on. Not worth the mental stress.

16 Likes

I had the same problem with my ex’s children. Especially the 10 year old daughter. She called her father names, hit him, spit on him, cursed at him and then would flip and act like his mini wife. She would make me.move so she could set by him and blatantly stare at me while hugging him or while misbehaving because she KNEW I couldn’t say or so anything. Im now in my own place, living in peace. He will call and text and tell me how much he loves me and misses me, but I WILL NOT LIVE THAT WAY.

8 Likes

Think the first line says it all “ his kid” if your partners family values differ so much from yours & you really can’t agree, pack up and ship off. I would think all the kids in the house have had enough pressure and anxiety after going through at least one new partner being fostered on them.

17 Likes

If the kids aren’t treated the same I’d move out! How is it fair to your child. And isn’t it your home too. Bugger that! It’s only going to get worse!

5 Likes

Seriously, I was in a similar situation. And I eventually realised it was not worth my time and I ended the relationship and I’ve never been happier

2 Likes

Stay out of it yr not his mother and he’s not yr slave .

19 Likes

You say partner, but he isn’t. Partners work together. And yes, relationships and parenting do take work. They also take respect, something else you’re not getting from this “partnership”.

It is not a parent’s job to raise a child, it is their job to teach a child how to become a functioning adult. Something your partner needs to man up and take responsibility for, whether you are involved or not.

80 Likes

It’s not your place. That job lies with the father and mother.

10 Likes

Maybe because you say it’s “his son”. So if it’s “his son”, let him to what he has to do to discipline. Now, if you considered “his son”, your son as well, maybe you would be more respected by this young man. He probably feels like you don’t like him, and then you compare him to your own child… That’s not cool. He’s at a very difficult age, and instead of trying to be there for him, befriend him & become someone he could trust, you’re waiting on the perfect chance to snitch on him and get him in trouble. Stop it! He leaves, so you call the dad, you overheard him talking about something he’s done that’s not right, so you call the dad. You must be driving them both freaking nuts. Maybe you’re the actual problem. Change your approach.

8 Likes

Can’t mind too much if you stick around and keep letting it happen.

5 Likes

I say ignore them both this is from experience except with a step daughter no matter what your husband will look at u like your not the mother tho…. And if you really want a good relationship with the step son then you can’t just discipline you need to be his friend and trust me that takes years I’ve been with my husband for 9 years and me and his daughter have always bumped heads until recently like 2 years ago when she got a job… listen kids come first and as a parent I would I choose my bad kid too … but I grew up with a step mom and trust me you don’t want a kid to hate u over some chores…. Either be a good step mom a fun one , a quite one but not the mean one cuz everything u do is aggravating to him … don’t u get it he’s young he’s a teenager and he’s craving love from his father … let him grow out of it on his own…. Don’t discipline him … that’s not your place at all… your suppose to be the peaceful one … hope you take this advice because you’ll only dig deeper in a hole you won’t be able to get out of …

2 Likes

I would get him a new black suit, hang it on the front of his wardrobe and while he’s asking you why you are leaving him, you can say because I don’t want to see you in this at your sons funeral :broken_heart:

16 Likes

He will be out of the house soon- to college ; why is this so important? Enjoy your freedom of not having to care ….let it be his Dad’s issue ; if you have kids together … then set boundaries ….

2 Likes

Let the boy do, what his father allows him, not your son, not your business.

10 Likes

Make him your ex partner, woman… Are you serious? He’s undermining you infront of a CHILD… If that boy gets no repercussions for his actions he’s only gonna get worse which is gonna affect YOUR child. Don’t do it to yourself, love. Get rid :fist_left:

4 Likes

Honestly that sounds shitty, you should take your son and leave. Maybe divorce him and find someone who shares the same family values that you do. Tbh his son will probably either die in an accident or be in jail by 21 and the father can sit a reap what he sowed. You however have a good head on your shoulders and don’t want that negative behavior affecting your actual child. Motto mention any person who cannot appreciate a step parent actually stepping up and loving and caring about their child is likely a shit parent. It really doesn’t matter if they bio or not, if you love and care for them and do for them then you have every right to discipline them too, I’d understand no spanking etc, but how else will they learn right from wrong? Why would any decent parent be against something beneficial for their kid? There’s a phrase for it. It takes a village. Meaning it’s not only the birth parents that shape the child into who be will be

2 Likes

First of all it sounds like you’re a fab mum and really care about your kids. I’m super petty, I’d just spoil my own kid and really make a fuss of how good he was if that’s how my partner wanted to behave. If there are two adults in the house they both need to be respected and obeyed, not just one… very odd fella and major worrying vibes. Kids need structure and discipline and the fact your other half isn’t giving any to his kid is worrying and sad. Just be so glad you’re own child is doing fine x

I would run for my life. Leave entirely. Never talk again to a person that doesn’t even care to attend the son he already has. Would I want to have kids with him? No. I’m not their mother.

1 Like

You may love him etc

But it’s time to put you and your own son first. Get out of there whilst you can.

Leave him a letter or try talking/ texting explaining all these reasons and you need to put you and your boy first.

Do what’s best for you and your son :heartpulse:

It seems you got a lazy partner who don’t care what happens I would get out of there before his son’s actions rub off on your kid before it’s to late there is always a way out pray for you partner and his son an get out

1 Like

Tell him that cooking and cleaning sound like cities in the foreign land. Basically, don’t cook and don’t clean after them.

1 Like

It sounds like you may have to leave him. He clearly has no respect for you or else he’d actually try to parent his son. Do you want to live with that kid until you die? He won’t know how to do anything on his own once he’s an adult.

1 Like

I have lots experience with things like this. For years. From my experience I think dad needs help,along with son. Are you married. Or time to move on. I can tell it’s bringing you down, dont let that happen. Get them help or move. And find a man that u both can work on any issue together. I pray for u. I have seen this many times. Some men all of a sudden they can get physical. Sorry I posted on line. It early here. Feel free to text me. I can get you to the right place that can help.use message

2 Likes

You are truly a wonderful person for caring so much to the this point. I’d think it would be best to show your partner what the boy doesn’t and ask him in earnest ( not when the kids are there, not when the boy has done something, just a quiete moment when it’s just the two of you)

Ask him what he thinks if you and he he really thinks you’d be tbe type of person to accuse a child of something they didn’t do

And ask him if he is right in allowing sad behavior and what he pictures for the child? A bright future? Or a quick end to undisciplined life? Ask him even if he gets cross don’t shout back… Keep your tone… Ask him if his parents would have let him get away with Half of it … if he doesn’t like confrontation why it’s so hard to allow you to do it. Press for an answer…

If you dont get one … Eish I don’t know how to help …

How long have you been together? If its a short while I can understand. Its hard trying to amalgamate families. It sounds like your partner has his head in the sand. Is there deep trauma in his life. Have father and son gone through really tough times. To really comment truely then its important to know who your man is. Grief and tragedy can create this kind of behaviour. Does he have depression, mental illness, ptsd? At the end of the day. Maybe you need to assess how important it is to you. Can you step back and let them screw up. I personally would it happened to me. I did what I could. Had my house rules. Caught him out. He ended up leaving. 16 years old. My partner and I still together 10 years later. Concentrate on your son. :slight_smile: live life be happy.

If you don’t want to leave him, then I’d go full petty. I wouldn’t do the kids laundry, cook him dinner, or any other mother task. I would let the dad know he has made it clear you aren’t to care for him so you’re just honoring those wishes and he can do those things. And when he has a problem with that? Tell him you don’t mind at all to do these things. But you’re going to be a full partner. Not a when-its-convenient partnwr.

165 Likes

Sooner or later cop’s will take care of it. Stop doing The kid’s wash and cleaning his room his dad can do it or his dad can make him do it

2 Likes

Clearly he didnt get the memo when you got married you Became the parent and they should feel blessed you care enough.

Are you married? How long have you been together? What is the nature of your relationship? Also, is the child also split between his biological mother?

I would say you shouldn’t ‘discipline’ but I feel as though you are just simply trying to parent and guide a child in the right direction.

Nothing wrong with expectations and boundaries of a child.

3 Likes

It’s all been said,
You or your opinion don’t matter in this or any other situation? Not a partner situation, get a better life , because no matter what the situation becomes or ends up as ,
It will be your fault,
Walk away before the situation becomes dire straits ,

Time for you to get boxes and pack. He could hurt you or your child. Not to mention a bad influence.

1 Like

I have that problem with grandson. Because im ill he say i dont want do it or he ignores me. An his mother on the phone n i have to tell her to get him to do it. His 5

1 Like

You should both be able to tell the children under your roof things with the others support, I bet he tells your child what he wants doing.

He should be happy you are concerned with his child’s safety.

If there is no support and he refuses to communicate with you and his child properly then he like his son has no respect for you, with the way his child is acting he will soon realise he should have done more.

I would leave things alone it I am living with no kids that do no respect means my home

Do understand by the child having no discipline and no responsibilities that your partner is cranking out another unproductive disrespectful member of society this type of behavior will definitely continue after hes 18 and then the police will take care of the situation unfortunately

1 Like

This one is simple. You are not respected by either and it’s time to go.

Yeah it’s time to leave. You two obviously have different parenting styles and it’s no need to keep stressing each other out over it. You raise your kid how you want and he’ll do the same.

1 Like

Doesn’t like confrontation but will yell at you in front of his son. I’d just end it honestly. His kid will end up doing something that will end his life sadly and you have been there trying to warn your partner.

It’s a lot easier said than done making him ur ex partner if u want to make it work then u do have to be tough and put ur foot down! These r real concerns and u have every right to be worried. If he doesn’t see what is happening or listening to ur son then unfortunately yes it maybe time to move on. U can’t put urself through watching a child destroy their life, he maybe one of lucky ones and nothing happens to him while he is wasted or driving at 150mph, his luck may also run out :disappointed: and his dad will wish he listened!

He’s your step son and your partner won’t include you in trying to help raise him? I’d leave. It doesn’t sound like you’re trying to be a evil step mother or any of that jazz. Your partner should be open to what you’re saying. They cannot just dismiss everything and then blame you for trying to help THEM. That’s toxic.
What happens when one of these wild nights gets him hurt or he winds up dead? God forbid.
Sounds like your partner would partly blame you. You’re the punching bag, the scape goat. You’re wrong, they’re right. For someone who doesn’t like confrontation, your partner sure knows how to get on you about things. :woman_shrugging:

Think about what you’d tell a friend or family member if they came to you with the same problem. It’s not always a quick answer of just leave, leave, leave… But you really need to look at your relationship in a whole. Think about your mental state and how this is affecting you and how this may hurt or damage your future relationship with your partner and your child.

Not much you can do. Discipline should come from parents and you are supposed to support them. Too bad you all have such different parenting styles. People don’t discuss these things before cohabiting with with someone with children. Start making an exit plan.

It’s time to leave. That boy is disrespecting you, as is you partner. That is one thing your should not tolerate!

Yeah this guy is delusional if he thinks he shouldn’t deal with problems threatening and sending him to his room just goes over the kids head as they will think “oh is that it” :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: sounds like a spoiled brat to me tbh and if your partner won’t let you punish/deal with his son then maybe you should question the relationship :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I recommend the nacho method tbh if he wants his kid to do basically anything without much punishment then fine. Nacho kid nacho problem. But other than that it doesn’t sound like your partner seems to respect you or your opinion at all. This doesn’t seem like relationship worthwhile if he’s really not going to do anything about the dangerous his kid is involved with. I can understand not wanting confrontation but that kinda comes with parenting ??

You’re not his “partner”. Partners are equals. When his son gets himself/someone else (God forbid) killed then maybe he will listen. He doesn’t want to be an adult and parent. I don’t say walk away to often but might just have to take the L on this relationship and move on.

1 Like

Sounds like the sons a ticking time bomb and it’s only a matter of time when something bad is inevitably going to happen. Personally, I couldn’t sit around and wait for it to happen especially if I’m not allowed to intervene under any circumstances. If partner is unwilling to sit down and seriously discuss this situation then I’d be left with no recourse except to leave. I’m also wondering if there’s a biological mother in the picture, if so, then that would be my last attempt at perhaps saving the boys life and getting him back on track…

It will never happen, choose between being single or having a partner.
The resort is a difficult one but if you are made of steel then you might get some where but no guarantee.
Stop asking him to do any thing and at no cost discuss him with your partner.
No complaints, no negative remarks, no issues about discipling.
Nothing.
Maintain a normal relationship, talk, do fun things together, involve him in outings and picnics, go for hikes and walkes. Allocate a certain time for being active.
Do not push, it’s a power struggle and child does not want to be controlled and father goes into defensive mode.
Only open your mouth, when you need to compliment or praise him.
Give him positive comments and rewards so he starts looking forward to receive them.
Being a good son and recieve positivity from his parents should become his goal and he must thrive on it.
Stay relaxed, do not carry any issues. It’s not end of the world if he does put the rubbish outside.
You need to let him know that you care and he means something to you.
Treat him as your own child and reflect, if he was your own child and there were these rebellion issues, how would you tackle?
All the Best.

If he isn’t dealing with it then go to his biological mom if you can. Or next time call the non emergency line and see if a more legal approach can be done. Maybe having authorities involved may smarten him up. If your partner leaves you for that then you have your answer how he really feels about your relationship.

1 Like