My sister in law falsely called CPS on me: Am I wrong for not wanting to be around her?

Tell your hubby to piss off. Your feelings dont matter? WTH? Your husband doesn’t get it. Men don’t.

Oh hell no.
You show up to that party and make her feel dumb as hell.

I wouldn’t want to be around her either but if you go stay away from her …bet you she will try and speak to you so be sure you have someone with you when that happens …disappointed with husbands remark tho .the twat

My child and I still wouldn’t go. Wife comes before his family

3 Likes

Nope. She might try to call again.

I disagree i feel it was toyally wrong but I feel she was wanting you to suffer as she has and I would show her your the better person, I also wouldnt want my child around her. You dont have to have her in your life but you can be the better person and let her see that you are. Your husband is in the wrong he should stand by you.
Good luck

1 Like

Fuck that lady, your “husband” isn’t your parent, you do not have to do as you are told. If you go guarantee you’ll feel like an outcast and his family will want to take the baby from you so that you are isolated and look like a loner. Just stay home with the bub, fuck be an adult stand up or get out.

Put it back on him, he needs to be there for your emotional well being. This is a serious accusation and he could of lost custody of his child due to his sisters action.

1 Like

You’re not wrong. I wouldn’t go either. And your husband needs a come to jesus meeting because what he’s doing can be considered emotional abuse.

Had the same thing happen to us. My fiances ex inlaws called dhr on us bcuz we wldnt let them take my bonus kids whenever they wanted anymore and they got pissed off (his ex pawned them off literally every chance she could) they called dhr saying he beat 1 of my bonus sons, forced him to sleep on the floor and we didnt feed them :roll_eyes: dhr lady talked to our son, come to our house and talked to us and straight up told us she knew it was a false report etc …we cut that person out 100% and have not let our kids around them since it happened. Stand ur ground and if he doesnt support it then leave him.

2 Likes

I think this sister in law is looking for a hadouken.

2 Likes

There is no way on Gods green earth she would be around kid!

1 Like

This is just my opinion but I wouldn’t go or be forced to go. Yes we need to forgive and mend and all that jazz but at the same time somethings are not so easily forgiven and will never be forgotten! if you’re not ready then you’re not ready. There is nothing wrong with the way you are feeling she straight up put your child in danger. Making a false claim all because she is clearly jealous that she wasn’t able to be the mother she needed to be. there’s no reason on earth for her actions. Your husband needs to have your back and understand what you’re feeling. Having your child threatened to be taken from you is not a lightly taken situation and I personally wouldn’t be able to Be around someone who did this and be expected to keep the peace.

6 Likes

He’s crazy that or he doesn’t care about you at all. Your husband should completely back you over them and your feelings. My Mil did about the same thing, falsely claiming abuse and wasting time and resources but are not allowed to participate in our lives anymore.

3 Likes

Ummm I wouldn’t go! Getting CPS involved when nothing is going on is a huuuuge deal. That is not okay.

2 Likes

Screw that! That is about the lowest S*ittiest thing a person can do to someone, its unforgivable in my opinion. She was jealous and trying to take you down with her. Your husband is wrong for not standing up for you and expecting you to subject yourself to that environment. I hope it works out in the best way possible for you, I wouldn’t go but you have to decided what is best for you and your child.

3 Likes

Hell to the no. Don’t go. She is crazy.

Show up and Tell her that you’re glad she callrd, because now not only is she a druggie but also a liar. Shouldn’t be surprised though, the two usually go hand in hand.

2 Likes

Pass you matter too!

1 Like

She vindictive as hell. If my husband didn’t stand by me, i dont know what I’d do. He will jump down anyone’s throat who messes me. Family or not, because i domt do anything to cross them cuz i was raised to have respect

Nobody said you had to be nice to her :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Id go. Its your family too. Just dont talk to her. Id be pissed too cuz If she really thought you were on drugs she shouldve gone to you about it like an adult.

Better place for your fucken dirty washing is not on social media! Sort the shit out yourself.

Smile and be polite. Ask like you don’t know she did it.

Sounds like u need a new hubby support him from his fucked off family. . ur fillings dont matter smh wow …where u get that at

You’re still a woman capable of making her own decisions. Your feelings and thoughts do matter and should matter to him. How selfish for him to say only his matters and your son’s matters bc he’s just using your son to guilt trip you into going. Forget that. If she had called cps fine w/e but the husband not backing you up and basically saying you don’t matter is total bs. I’d not want to nor would I go neither. Not just bc she called cps but to prove to my “husband” ima big girl and I do matter! So take that to your party! P.s I’d keep my son home too. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I would take them because it’s not like it’s an ex and the kids deserve to see the other family you can’t avoid her for life because the kids are family to the rest of them . This won’t be the only time you will be put in this situation

If you’re husband said that to after what she did to you.Then I would not go come hell or high water Let him go by his self

5 Likes

Go and kill her with kindness.

Hell no! I would not be going and neither would my child. Your husband should be on your side and should respect your feelings. Looks like he doesn’t.

2 Likes

It’s up to you entirely. I might go because I’m a bitch. I wouldn’t let her ruin my children’s time with their family during such a fun holiday.
She’s a miserable bitch and probably always will be and she’s obviously jealous of you. I would go looking like a million bucks and acting like nothing can touch me. Because it can’t. You and your kids are strong. Your husband… Is a mess and weak and I would treat him as such.

Or don’t go. You still hold the power. It is your choice. You were wronged. Don’t let them bully you.

you are right,don’t need toxic people in our life!!!

3 Likes

Toxic people exist. Some are relatives. Avoid them for your own well being.

5 Likes

I’d go. You don’t have to be nice to her. You don’t even have to talk to her. Screw her.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I would go . Is your husband on drugs or just STUPID doesn’t he realize his druggie sister tried to get his (and yours) child taken away ? Yes right off the bat I would get in her face with others present and ask her why would she do this not just to you but her brother ?

4 Likes

If you’re going to be angry, and hubs still wants to go, just have him say you couldn’t make it. If you would have fun with other people at the party, go, and give SIL the cold shoulder.

SIL’s probably jealous she made bad decisions, got addicted & lost her kids & she sees you as the perfect mom with the perfect family, which just makes her look and feel worse in comparison. She wanted you to know how she feels. I hope the family will get her the counseling she needs to get better. This sounds like her cry for help.

In any case, enjoy yourself, your husband and daughter however you choose.

I wouldn’t want to be around her either,but it will eat her up if you go and don’t speak to her and if she looks at you just smile big.

2 Likes

I think your feeling are yours, but holding bad feeling is only hurting yourself believe i know this, its better to let go of bad feeling besides it wqaqs true, so be better than that, you caqn do it , set an example. I know u upset but it wqould be better for u and your family if u let go, it happen you cant change that, just be happy, you can do it.

I wouldn’t but that’s just me, i wouldn’t have my chcild around her after her attempting to hurt my child by having her taken but to each thier own.

Your feelings MATTER, I’m sorry but that’s BS!

Let him go by himself after all its his family if it was ur family that did that I’m sure he wouldn’t just let it go

2 Likes

Family can be Toxic too .

I would go despite her stupidity and rub it all in her face hhhhhmmmmm look at my kids they are with me unlike yours hahaha and see who has the last laugh

Do what is in your heart don’t feel uncomfortable for other people

No you need to go and be happy, smile, play with your child, be by your husband and when she comes around you just say hmm the difference between us is I still have my child because I wasn’t on drugs but where are yours , smile and walk away. But don’t say it loud just enough so only she can hear you

Wow. I would address my husbands statement first about how the only feelings and happiness that matters is his and the child’s? Who says that to their wife??? YOU MATTER…YOUR FEELINGS AND HAPPINESS MATTERS!!

Then for the SIL…well…words would have already happened…I probably wouldn’t be invited to the Halloween party if it were me lol.

Either you will be respected like the human being you are or maybe need to reevaluate the whole relationship…set boundaries…or it just won’t work and you will continue to be treated this way

5 Likes

You’re right.
There is no reasom for you or that LO to be around toxic people. I have recently cut my own mother out of my life because she is too toxic for me and my daughter.
Anyone who is okay with you hanging out with ppl who tried to take your kid away have some serious problems themselves.
Any one who tried to take a kid away for no reason has major problems!

1 Like

I wouldn’t go. I would keep your kids home too. That sounds like the behavior of someone who would abuse the kids and say she thinks they are unsafe. Unless you ever did drugs with her and then it’s probably her just making sure you stopped.

I would be livid! And no I wouldn’t go. I would seriously end up in jail!

Dont go. I disowned a sister for doing this when my oldest was a baby. Let her live her own life and rot in hell and keep your family safe. Screw all the other peoples wants. Its your child and its your decision. I too have my son, cps looked at the cameras and told me go get my son from the bitch. So I did. 12 years ago and yes I’m still angry.

Take the kids out and say your stuck in traffic the night of the party or go to your families. I’d be pissed as well and it either go and make it quite clear my feelings towards her in a silent way or I would put my foot right down and if my husband spoke to me the way yours has to you his ass would be on the end of my foot out the door xx

Does your husband not realize that she tried to RUIN your family? She could’ve had HIS child taken away too. His explanation on why you should go was total BS, he could’ve said he wants to go and would enjoy you there or SOMETHING. At least understand WHY you don’t want to go. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: makes me angry that someone would be so low to call cps for zero reason and expect things to be dandy. No. She needs to formally apologize to you and maybe you can consider going to the party. I wouldn’t because my mouth would be too wreckless

She’s not an appropriate person to look after he own children if they were taking into care so why would you want her around your children? I wouldn’t go at all and i can’t understand why your partner would want his child to be around her

no I wouldn’t go either, and I don’t blame you forbeing unable to forgive her

My in laws in the past has done a lot worse. I understand your feelings. I showed kindness anyway, and never talked ill of them Why you may ask? Because no matter what children are going to love family regardless and very forgiving people including this sister law’s children. Be the bigger person, no matter what is thrown at you God is before you and in control. He only allows people hurt His children for so long and He steps in. Smile and go to the party, stand by your husband and child. Your sister in law lost the battle and everyone knows it. Hugs :heart:

1 Like

My in laws did the same. Twice. I still go around them. My kids come first. Their relationship with their dad’s family is as important as their relationship with mine. I agree with the husband. Your grudges and refusal to move past should not count. The child’s feelings needs and rights trump those feelings of yours. Not being mean but this is a family event with your child’s family. She should be there despite the actions of one troubled drug addict. They make stupid choices. You need to move past it.

He can go alone. If she wants to call CPS and destroy your family, he can go see them as an adult that makes his own decisions but I wouldn’t let her around my family for her to try something like that again.

Your husband has that screwed up. You were targeted and hurt by his sister…he should back you up and support you

He said your happiness does not matter… then file for a divorce and let him know that u was unhappy dealing with him and his family!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go, I don’t put myself in situations where I am Not having a good time too

Let him go, he doesn’t need you to go to his mom’s. He doesn’t need to take the baby either if you don’t want him to

YOU do you

Honestly id say go and if they cause you problems leave. Grab ur kid and leave. Husband doesn’t want to go home, have him find a ride home

1 Like

Your sister and husband are both extremely in the wrong

That’s not a very nice thing to say to you. What kind of man allows his lady to be disrespected like that. Doesnt matter who it came from, he should stand up for you, with you. Have your back. You have every right to not wanna be around her. She did a very horrible thing. I wouldn’t want my kids around someone like that. Does he get that she tried to make HIS children go away? Does he understand what could have happened? Is he ok with someone doing that to his family? If so, he is a looser, and he needs to grow up. Men are dumb sometimes. But…you are not wrong. They are.

1 Like

He’ll no! Don’t go!!

1 Like

I’d be FURIOUS at my husband if I were you!!! I wouldn’t have anything to do with his trashy family and :100: wouldn’t be going to that party, neither would MY children. My husband would be getting a bitch slap as well for being a moron :joy:

Go, enjoy. Ignor her.

Your happiness don’t matter??? I am sorry but that is crap! Grow a pair and tell him to kiss it!!!

Wow have we all just become a society that settles now ? You accept that kinda talk out of your husband. When i was married i was told to get ahold of my husband and his ways. If i stepped out he did too . I’m 33 almost 34 . it blows me away to see what girls are settling for now just so they dont have to be a single parent or be single period. Smh time for that so called husband to be snatched up and find God

If it were me, I’d beat her ass, …just saying

NO!!! Stand your ground!!! She is a cancer that doesn’t need to be in “Your” family!

Your feelings do matter and your husband should make sure you’re happy as well as yours and his child. His priorities are messed up as his wife and children are always first then his other family members. I would not go nor would my child.

2 Likes

Your husband should support you 100%. If not his priorities are in the wrong place.

Life is so short------and I mean that in that life is way to short to let anyone cause you harm. I am a social worker who used to work with CPS. One time, I removed a baby from the hospital and I sobbed while they were cutting the bracelets from the mom and the baby. The nurse mentioned that I was more upset than the actual mother—but the issue was that the baby started screaming the further away she got from her Mom. So when I read how the sister in law called CPS (and seemingly the family accepts that), I have to think about how that “Aunt” wanted her niece or nephew to be taken away from the parents. She wanted her niece and nephew to be laying in a crib in a stranger’s home screaming and wondering where his or her mother and father was. When people show you they do not love you, believe them. In my book, that “Aunt” does not deserve a relationship with any of them. And I am all about working out problems in marriages, but for me, that is non-negotiable. If my husband did not feel the same way as me on that, then he can start sleeping on his beloved “sister in laws” couch.

6 Likes

I’d go and have a wonderful time with my husband and kids and show her she can’t ruin anything. Take the high road and just ignore her and enjoy your time.

23 Likes

Lotsa folks on here saying let it go. And if it were just a personal attack on you id say the same thing. But this woman went after u kids. You are right not to want be around her.forgive her yes create opportunitirs for her to hurt ur family? No. They need to understand this was an attack on your family. That is an unforgettable act in my mind

14 Likes

I agree with everyone here. Especially Angel. She took the words from my fingertips. If I were in your shoes, I’d be having a serious talk with my husband. If that is how he really feels you married a jester and you need to drop him and find a king. In my marriage me & my husband put each other first. That’s how it should be. To hell with any family that comes between.

19 Likes

I wouldn’t go and neither would my child. Your husband needs to understand what damage could have been done. In my eyes messing with the well-being of my child is unforgivable.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t go, & I’d tell my husband to kiss my a**. Your feelings matter, the way you were treated matters. If your husband feels otherwise, then he needs to go & play king of the mountain elsewhere.

3 Likes

Go, and laugh, be positive and kill her with kindness. No revenge is sweeter than her seeing you and your husband happy, and still together. Trust me, if you don’t go, she will think she got to you. Instead, prove to her she doesn’t matter in your life or happiness. Plus your husband and mil will be happy.

7 Likes

The best revenge is for you to show your happiness. Show you no longer allow people to live in your head rent free. I will say though I would take a huge issue with my husband if he told me my feeling and emotions did not matter. That’s a conversation that needs addressing. But as far as the party you have to feel comfortable. I personally could go to that party have a great time and never even know that she’s in the area code much less the room. But that’s me when I cut someone out of my life for my own sanity they are gone out of site out of mind and my life is most all the time bliss. You be you and live your happy.

18 Likes

I wouldn’t go, nor would I let my child anywhere near her. She is a danger to you and your family.

10 Likes

If your child is going I would go to make sure she’s safe. Have a great time with the children . Make sure you have it out with your husband. He is wrong.

3 Likes

No, you’re not wrong!! Not only would I not go…neither would my child. You and this lady didn’t have a disagreement, she went after the well being of your child…that’s a huge no-no!! Stay far away from people who do not have your or your family’s best interests at heart. Your husband should be just as upset and understand how you feel!

8 Likes

There is a verse in the bible leave and cleave. You leave mom and dad and cleave to your spouse. Do not walk, run! Do not set your child and yourself up for this to be done again. Stand your ground. It should be about your child and your husband should see that. It is not about him.

My mil and brother in law did the same thing. We have nothing to do with them whatsoever at this point due to the fact that they have no remorse. So to me that means they would do it again. This goes on your permanent record. Can affect adoption, custody proceedings later, and just of things that they just don’t take into account.

Take the higher road and go. Distance yourself from her at the gathering. Hold your head up high as you did nothing wrong. Don’t give her the control she may be looking for. Talk with your MIL and husband before the party and have a plan in case she needs to be removed by acting out. Don’t let her prior behavior dictate your future happiness.

3 Likes

I understand you not wanting to be around the stupid girl but you need to think about your husband first and not allow anyone else to control your happiness and what you do. don’t allow her to drive you away from doing something with the family, hopefully she just won’t show up or will decide to leave

3 Likes

I would go if i were you, be civil and be there for the kids. But him telling you that your feelings don’t matter, is bull crap. You have every right to be angry with her. She tried to get your children TAKEN from you. Who does that??? Someone who causes problems for others, so that no one can be happy around them. It sounds like you and your husband need to have a talk about what really matters, the kids first, and both of your opinions and feelings should be a priority. Although, If you feel she would do anything to harm your child or affect your mental well-being, stay far away from that party. You’re a person too. Keep that in mind!! Hope it works out :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Yes your are 100 percent right I don’t understand why your husband is not very angry with his sister for what she did

There’s 2 sides of this. . . 1 people underestimate those who struggle with addiction. She owes you an apology. Although, you should never know who called it in however, you do which makes it worse. 2 they need to validate your feelings that what she did to you hurt you and that it is not taken lightly what was done. You may forgive her but you don’t plan on forgetting.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t go, stay away from her/them. Who knows what kind of trick they might play on you. I wouldn’t trust her or anybody from her fam.

3 Likes

I would go, stay close to my child and ALWAYS make sure there was a witness if you are both in the same room!

10 Likes

Your child is what matters. Because, they depend on you to make the right choices for them. I don’t know how long ago she called on you, but if it was recent then your husband needs to respect your choice of not wanting to participate with a family activity at this time. Let him know that maybe one day you all can build trust, but today is not it.
Good luck!

4 Likes

I see a huge red flag here, when he said your feelings don’t matter. That is BULLSHIT. This is a sign of either an abusive or toxic relationship. You’re feelings DO MATTER in fact they are the most important issue here. I wouldn’t want to be around someone who did that kind of crap to me either. The fact that he is forcing you onto a situation you don’t want to be in is another sign of an abusive/toxic relationship. Anyone doing these things to another is NOT OKAY.

8 Likes

Nope if it wasnt for a good reason for her call …I’d confront her ass and knock her out…but that’s just me

2 Likes

No you are not wrong, and your husband should be standing up for you. Nor would I let my child go. If she hasnt formally apologised to you, she is still a threat

3 Likes

NO and if your husband thinks you should just let it go then maybe he was in on it too . Been there done that . I do not like a damn liar. It takes a LONG time to trust people like that after doing something like that. You might forgive her but you can do that from a distance don’t have to Ever be in her presence again and if the husband and mother n law are feeling that way then they must be guilty and was in on it too

3 Likes

The fact your HUSBAND says your feelings do not matter … boy bye! Don’t deal with that shit! Stay your ass home and let him tend that event with them alone!

3 Likes

That’s emotional abuse from your husband. You do what your heart tells you!! Stay away from her and sounds like all of them tbh.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter right or wrong…your feelings is what matters. In a marriage compromise needs to happen (on both parts) maybe go but have your husband run interference with your sil. He also needs to respect what happened and that you could’ve lost your kids even if for a short time. CPS is no small matter.

1 Like